Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2021, 16:54   #31
cruiser

Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

People are dying left and right after getting that vaccine. 23 elderly in Norway , a doctor in Florida and a man last week in California. Healthcare workers, doctors and nurses, are refusing those vaccines.
The only thing they will vaccine is my dead body.
Old 25-01-2021, 17:33   #32

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
People are dying left and right after getting that vaccine. 23 elderly in Norway , a doctor in Florida and a man last week in California. Healthcare workers, doctors and nurses, are refusing those vaccines.
A little context to these statements. No conclusion that the deaths were caused by the vaccine, although the jury is still out. It turns out that with or without the vaccine people in the population die.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN29P2R1
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...death.amp.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfg...y-15895656.php
Old 25-01-2021, 17:37   #33

Boat: Outremer 50S

Hmm, 66 million vaccination doses have been delivered so far and you allege 25 deaths as a result of those shots.

98 million Covid cases have been reported with 2.1 million deaths.

Yeah, that math works for me.

If you want to go down the road of "the deaths aren't really covid, those were sick people anyway", well, that's exactly what Norway said about the potential vaccination deaths.
Old 25-01-2021, 17:38   #34
cruiser

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/23-die...id-19-vaccine/
Old 25-01-2021, 17:38   #35

Boat: Hunter Legend 40.1

Quote:

That's a likely scenario once you've contracted Covid-19. 68.1:.0000025 VS 99.6:2.14. I'll take those odds any day...

See previous posts about Healthcare workers; your statement constitutes misinformation; the most deadly of all pandemics...
Old 25-01-2021, 17:41   #36
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
Hmm, 66 million vaccination doses have been delivered so far and you allege 25 deaths as a result of those shots.

98 million Covid cases have been reported with 2.1 million deaths.

Yeah, that math works for me.

If you want to go down the road of "the deaths aren't really covid, those were sick people anyway", well, that's exactly what Norway said about the potential vaccination deaths.
Go ahead enjoy your vaccine
Old 25-01-2021, 17:42   #37
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafa View Post
That's a likely scenario once you've contracted Covid-19. 68.1:.0000025 VS 99.6:2.14. I'll take those odds any day...

See previous posts about Healthcare workers; your statement constitutes misinformation; the most deadly of all pandemics...
Old 25-01-2021, 17:55   #38

Quote:

I did and will. Doing the right thing for my community is always an enjoyable endeavor.
Old 25-01-2021, 17:57   #39
cruiser

Florida doctor dies after covid vaccine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ne/ar-BB1czpeJ
Old 25-01-2021, 18:03   #40
cruiser

California resident dead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-vaccine.html
Old 25-01-2021, 18:08   #41

Quote:
...a doctor in Florida
Quote:

Redundancy does not help your case here; we all know how to use a search engine. Howzabout stop spreading the FUD and get the thread back on track, in terms of allowing folks to indicate if they've been immunized?
Old 25-01-2021, 18:14   #42

Boat: X-Yacht Xc45

Have one shot, second one in two weeks. No side effects. Almost everyone I know on our island has a least one shot. Just outside of Savannah
Old 25-01-2021, 18:14   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi

San Diego County

I'm a 76 year old diabetic, wife is 73 year old undergoing cancer treatment. Both of us are healthy, in decent shape and not overweight or blood pressure issues. Have been checking in daily to get the vaccine as either one of us would probably be dead if we got it. Have been locked down since my wife's stem cell transplant a year ago so would be nice to get out of prison.

Have been closely following vaccine availability but haven't been able to find out a thing, no list to get on or idea when the vaccine would be available. Kept going to the San Diego Covid vaccine site but got no appointments available. A friend told me the Padre's Ball Park at Petco Field in downtown SD was doing drive through vaccinations to Tier 1B, over 75, so got on the site which showed that they had multiple appointments for last Wednesday afternoon 11/20 and Thursday Morning 11/21. Signed up for a slot on Wednesday which sent me to a page to give personal details which I did. When I hit next, the site flashed 'No Appointments Available'. Went back to the start but got the 'No Appointments' notice. Got up early the next day and tried again but still no joy. Checked again a few hours later. Got the appointments available notice so successfully signed up for one that afternoon. Took a flyer and signed up wife as well even though she was in Tier 1C not 1B.

Our friend had told us of the traffic horror show getting into the vaccination site when he went because they weren't directing traffic on the 3 street merge into the site. We had no problem as there were people directing traffic on our day. Waited about 10 minute to get into the site and another 15 minutes to get into the actual injection line. They took 8 cars at a time with at least 10 separate lines. An attendant took our ID and had us fill out a form. Never said anything about my wife being 'under age' though that might have been because she was treated for her cancer at the same hospital running the site and was in their system. Waited a few more minutes and got our injection. Had to hang out in the line for about another 20 minutes to be sure there was no adverse reaction before we were allowed on our way. They gave us a website to log into to schedule the 2nd injection so we are signed up for the 2nd injection in 4 weeks while we waited. Total time about an hour to get the injection one we got to the site. Last Thursday this was the only site available in the County.

We live in the North County so had a 35 mile drive to get to the injection site. They've since opened up two more walk in sites but still in the South County. South County has the highest infection rate so guess they are concentrating where the need is greatest. Other sites including N County are promised but haven't opened yet and no prediction of when.
Old 25-01-2021, 18:16   #44
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
My daughter is an ER doctor and she was thrilled beyond words to get the vaccine, as were ALL the rest of the doctors in her hospital, as were my cousins and close friends that are nurses.

And as others have pointed out, the odds of dying from the virus far outweigh the odds of dying from the vaccine.

The only downside, the vaccines do contain the AI tracker chip.
Old 25-01-2021, 18:19   #45
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:

How about this bit of data. 400,000 Americans died because they didn't have the vaccine.

AND to get back to the original question, getting my second shot this Friday. One of the very few benefits of being old(er).

AND I'm not dead yet.

Tags