Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2021, 17:57   #496
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
An elite "pro-vaccine" vaccine development scientist sounds an alarm to his fellow scientists (an open letter one week ago) and the world about the mass covid vaccine program; just after the 13:30 time mark he explains how highly virulent strains are being promoted while vast numbers of people are having their natural immune response blocked (24:00) and not just for covid. You have been warned...

I am surprised the Youtube Censor team has not removed that by now.
Old 15-03-2021, 19:13   #497

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

I have been in this business for 35 years and seeing medicines and vaccines recalled after the introduction honey moon period. Before the US elections all the politicians were telling use that the vaccine was not safe and it was rushed. After the elections, the same politicians are telling us we should all be vaccinated. The vaccine did not change...the politics did.
The drug companies have full immunity and the vaccines are not even FDA approved...we are still the ginny pigs and in the research stage.
Why should anyone who is healthy under the age of 50 be want to be vaccinated under these conditions.....only the fear from the media.
If you say anything about the vaccines or treatment for covid and it does not fit the agenda ..you are deleted or banned much like the person who doubts global warming not being man made.
I graduated from the 3rd best medical in the US top 20 in the class, and I can not give an honest opinion because I can not get true information. You call the manufactures about severe reactions from the vaccine...."we are still gathering that information" . Really, you have administered millions of doses and you c have no information you are willing to give?
There are billions of dollars to be made and pharma has full IMMUNITY. Hello, is anyone concerned about this?
As for me....you all can be the research little rats. I will take my chances and get vaccinated when Covid 20 comes out. Now, if you do not here from me in the near futureI guess I f...ed up, should have been vaccinated. LOL
Btw, did you know many life insurance policies will not pay if something happens to you as a result of the vaccine...."its experimental" they say?
All I want is complete informed consent and I can not get that if there is not full disclosure and I fault the companies, the politicians, and our press.

IMHO

Abe
Old 15-03-2021, 20:22   #498
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
An elite "pro-vaccine" vaccine development scientist sounds an alarm to his fellow scientists (an open letter one week ago) and the world about the mass covid vaccine program; just after the 13:30 time mark he explains how highly virulent strains are being promoted while vast numbers of people are having their natural immune response blocked (24:00) and not just for covid. You have been warned...

Here is a link to the slides of the keynote that he gave at the Vaccine Summit in Ohio.

https://mcusercontent.com/92561d6ded...en_Bossche.pdf
Old 16-03-2021, 02:14   #499
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

“Digging the rabbit hole, COVID-19 edition: anti-vaccine themes and the discourse around COVID-19" ~ by Tara C. Smitha and Dorit Rubinstein Reiss

“This article draws on a broadcast popular among the anti-vaccine community to map out six themes used by the broadcast to mislead viewers about COVID-19. The themes are the claim that “they” – government and pharma – are lying to you, claims that COVID-19 is an excuse to remove civil liberties, viewing everyone as an expert, claiming that science cannot save us, skewing the science, and a claim that “they” are out to harm the viewers. The article points out that similar themes are used to mislead followers with anti-vaccine information. It highlights the concern that these themes will not only mislead people who are already anti-vaccine about the pandemic, but may draw in people who are not anti-vaccine but are seeking information about COVID-19, and suggests some options for dealing with the misinformation. Scientists benefit from understanding these claims, as we are often tasked with providing rebuttals to this misinformation ...”

More https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7648494/

“No, James Lyons-Weiler did not “break the coronavirus code” ~ by Dr. David Gorski

“Last week, a new conspiracy theory about the coronavirus outbreak by James Lyons-Weiler went viral (if you’ll excuse the term) after antivax conspiracy theorist Del Bigtree interviewed him. Lyons-Weiler strongly implies that the strain of coronavirus behind the outbreak (2019-nCoV) has a SARS-like sequence that came from a laboratory working on a SARS vaccine. Fortunately, Dr. Gorski has the mad molecular biology skills to show why his conspiracy theory is nonsense ...”

Morehttps://sciencebasedmedicine.org/jam...iracy-vaccine/

Old 16-03-2021, 03:52   #500
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

“First Participants Dosed in Phase 1 Study Evaluating mRNA-1283, Moderna’s Next Generation COVID-19 Vaccine”
An early-stage study will assess the safety and immunogenicity of the next-generation vaccine, designated as mRNA-1283, at three dose levels, and will be given to healthy adults either as a single dose, or in two doses 28 days apart, the company said.
The new booster vaccine could potentially be stored and shipped in refrigerators instead of freezers, and targets the variant, known as B.1.351, that was first detected in South Africa.
Moderna's first vaccine (mRNA-1273) was approved for use by Health Canada on Dec. 23/20.
Morehttps://investors.modernatx.com/news...ting-mrna-1283

Old 16-03-2021, 05:04   #501

Boat: Bristol 35.5 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
I have been in this business for 35 years and seeing medicines and vaccines recalled after the introduction honey moon period. Before the US elections all the politicians were telling use that the vaccine was not safe and it was rushed. After the elections, the same politicians are telling us we should all be vaccinated. The vaccine did not change...the politics did.
The drug companies have full immunity and the vaccines are not even FDA approved...we are still the ginny pigs and in the research stage.
Why should anyone who is healthy under the age of 50 be want to be vaccinated under these conditions.....only the fear from the media.
If you say anything about the vaccines or treatment for covid and it does not fit the agenda ..you are deleted or banned much like the person who doubts global warming not being man made.
I graduated from the 3rd best medical in the US top 20 in the class, and I can not give an honest opinion because I can not get true information. You call the manufactures about severe reactions from the vaccine...."we are still gathering that information" . Really, you have administered millions of doses and you c have no information you are willing to give?
There are billions of dollars to be made and pharma has full IMMUNITY. Hello, is anyone concerned about this?
As for me....you all can be the research little rats. I will take my chances and get vaccinated when Covid 20 comes out. Now, if you do not here from me in the near futureI guess I f...ed up, should have been vaccinated. LOL
Btw, did you know many life insurance policies will not pay if something happens to you as a result of the vaccine...."its experimental" they say?
All I want is complete informed consent and I can not get that if there is not full disclosure and I fault the companies, the politicians, and our press.

IMHO

Abe
Please read the clinical trials findings for the currently available vaccines and you will see the adverse events associated with each vaccine. I went to the #1 pharmacy school in the country, but that doesnt make me an infectious diseases expert, so I consult those who are. The current vaccines are FDA reviewed & approved BUT yes we dont have yrs of accrued safety data, which is very typical of many drugs (eg anti-cancer agents) as you should know, so given the risk/benefit - I've rec'd my 1st dose of Moderna & 2nd scheduled in a week. AND just to tell ya, vaccine discovery/manufacture are hardly the economic boon you suggest as the mRNA platform has been worked on for yrs. Trust me, when in school I participated in phase I drug trials as a subject (to supplement my loans) and we are not guinea pigs...stay safe my friend.
Old 16-03-2021, 09:22   #502
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15

Hoodsail, you make an incorrect statement that the vaccines are FDA approved. NO! They have been given an "emergency authorization for use" by the FDA, which has allowed the companies to skip the usual years of extensive human subject testing to get "FDA approval." Of course the vaccine companies don't mind, they have complete immunity from prosecution due to a 1986 law in the US, one has to sue through the VAERS system and so the government takes all the risk. $4 billion dollars has been paid out even though it requires a monumental effort and a seven year wait to be successful. The only "journalist" (if such a person exists anymore) with enough sense to pin Fauci down on this was a latino comedian named Eugenio Derbez. This is a comical interview to watch as Derbez has reviewed a little science and repeatedly caught Fauci spin-doctoring the facts.

Sadly, most doctors haven't a clue what VAERS is, the definition of adjuvant, what is actually in the vaccine, antibody dependent enhancement, the efficacy of masks, or how social distancing was proposed. The nurses are even more clueless to give informed consent. OTOH, doctors face intense pressure not to question the government propaganda including having their licenses and reputations threatened or losing their job.

The only "disinformation campaign" going on is from the corporations making billions of dollars foisting this mass vaccination campaign on the world using poorly informed test subjects and now the entire population as human guinea pigs. Or more precisely as ferrets, but they killed all the ferrets doing the previous research as recently as 2014 when the ferrets were exposed to the native virus through a process called antibody dependent enhancement.

Usual scientific debate has been replaced with political science and censorship. Bossche is actually pointing out a whole new level of problems with the vaccines, even worse than what is already concerning 50,000 healthcare professionals worldwide that have signed a petition to stop this fiasco called The Great Barrington Declaration. What has Bossche to gain by his actions? Like Edward Snowden, he is motivated only by moral imperative. The WHO is funded by Gates. The CDC is a military branch of the government and buys $4 billion dollars of vaccines per year. Remember DuPont knowingly poisoned the world's water supply with C8 for a paltry $1 billion per year in profit.

Really, if you aren't woke enough by now to figure out that trusting the likes of Bill Gates is dangerous, a confessed eugenist that wants a 95% reduction of the world population, then you might not be reachable. According to the politicians that vaccine will allow you to be able to have small gatherings with other vaccinated friends for three months at which time you will need a booster. The vaccine is not really even a vaccine in scientific terms it is more appropriately called a medical device or gene therapy. It does not confer immunity. It does not prevent infection. It does not prevent transmission. It provokes a delayed antibody response to an infection when it is not antibodies but Natural Killer Cells that actually protect an individual, not the delayed antibody response which occurs after the infection is controlled. This whole covid thing reads more like a script from a B rated horror movie than common sense. Ironically, Bossche believes in the near future we will be shunning the vaccinated people as they may be incubating a new deadly strain.
Old 16-03-2021, 10:07   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post

IMHO

Abe
Well we can now add the CruisersForum to the list of social media spreading opinions / false / misleading / incomplete information.

Opinion rebuttal: https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-10009963678

CLAIM: If you receive the COVID-19 vaccine and die, insurance companies will not pay out on the policy because the vaccine is experimental.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Life insurance policies have not changed because of the COVID-19 vaccination and getting the shot will not impact whether a policy pays out in the event of death, according to the American Council of Life Insurers. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given emergency use authorization to three COVID-19 vaccines after finding them safe and effective following three phases of clinical trials involving thousands of people.

THE FACTS: Posts on social media are raising concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine by claiming life insurance policies will not pay out if someone dies after receiving the shot. They encourage people to contact their agents to see if their policies are affected.

Since the posts began surfacing last week, the American Council of Life Insurers has received a flood of calls asking about the false claim. The ACLI released a news release debunking the erroneous information, explaining that the vaccine does not change whether a policyholder receives their benefit.

Life insurance policies outline when death benefits are paid and the payments are made regardless of the cause of death, said Jan Graeber, a senior health actuary at ACLI.

“Life insurance is pretty straight forward,” she said. “It pays from death.”

Posts making the false claim about death benefits were shared across Twitter, Facebook and on TikTok and of the CruisersForum .

“I just spoke with my insurance company, because I was curious, that if I got the vaccine for COVID and passed away from complications, would my life insurance policy be valid. Well. Guess what?? They confirmed they would not pay out my policy, because the vaccine is experimental. Wake up!!!,” one Facebook post said.

Another TikTok video encouraged social media users to contact their life insurance company to ask about how the vaccine would affect their policies.

Now as to providing clarification of the pharmaceutical industry liability and compensation associated with harm induced by a vaccine.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...f-eb8536f06058

Serious vaccine symptoms are very rare. Some on social media claim that you will not be able to sue if you get sick from a vaccine.

QUESTION:

Are pharmaceutical companies immune from lawsuits related to vaccine symptoms?

ANSWER:

Mostly yes. Pharmaceutical companies are immune from legal challenges relating to side effects from the COVID-19 vaccines. However, this is not total immunity. A company can still be sued if they show 'willful misconduct' in the production of their vaccine.

SOURCES:

Peter Meyers, Professor of Law Emeritus at The George Washington University Law School
Lawrence O. Gostin, University Professor at Georgetown Law

PROCESS OF VERIFICATION:

On social media, many have started posting that pharmaceutical companies are immune from lawsuits relating to their new COVID-19 vaccines. Some have used this claim to argue that the new vaccines may not be safe.

"Pharmaceuticals are immune to vaccine lawsuits," wrote one person on Twitter. "All the risk and responsibility for severe side-effects or death is put on to the individual person being vaccinated."

To find out the truth, the Verify team spoke with two leaders in the field. Peter Meyers, a professor of law emeritus at The George Washington University said that this claim is mostly true. "If you just have an adverse effect or an illness that results from the vaccination," he said. "You can't sue them."

Lawrence O. Gostin, a professor at Georgetown University, agreed. "They would be immune if there were some safety issues that were unforeseeable."

However, both experts emphasized that this is not complete immunity. A company can still be sued if there's willful misconduct.' "They can't mislead," said Gostin. "Deceive, be fraudulent, or hide information."

The basis for this partial immunity is a law called the "Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness" Act, referred to as the PREP Act. This law was initially created in 2005 as liability protection for pharmaceutical companies. In February, HHS Secretary Alex Azar invoked the PREP Act yet again in an effort to promote the production of the COVID-19 vaccines. The approved vaccines are protected from lawsuits until 2024 under the PREP Act. The PREP Act also created a fund called the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program, referred to as the CICP. While serious symptoms are incredibly rare, those who do have serious complications will be able to petition for payment from an established fund. This fund provides benefits to people who claim that they suffered injuries from the vaccines under emergency authorization. "You file a claim of compensation," explained Meyers. "For your lost income. For whatever medical expenses you incurred." Gostin emphasized that this liability protection is not total. "Social media is being entirely misleading in saying that vaccine companies just get a 'get out of jail free pass," he said. "That's not the case. If they act fraudulently, negligently, then they absolutely can and should be sued."

Darn facts can be just oh so inconvenient.
Old 16-03-2021, 10:22   #504

Time for an endearing .gif link. Captioned: "As a nurse, I can confirm that this technique is still the best procedure."

https://media.giphy.com/media/m9dGH6...17Kb/giphy.gif

All the best.

Stay safe, stay healthy.
Old 16-03-2021, 12:00   #505
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15

Love these self-appointed fact checkers spouting their own fake facts. Someone please find me a single example of a person damaged by a vaccine successfully suing the manufacturer since 1988. Claiming you "might" be able to sue them, as Fauci does, is patently ridiculous. What other manufacturer has this type of immunity? Answer, none.

A 39 year old extremely healthy "vibrant" woman from Utah a few days ago got symptoms hours after her vaccine injection and died two days later. The coroner stated "let's not rush into thinking the death is related to the vaccine." OTOH anyone that has a (huge number of false positives) covid test show positive even at cycle thresholds of 40-45 which is completely meaningless and dies within two months for any reason is labeled a covid death. When a person in the community gets a positive covid test say for their job, the health department reports that person and all members of their family as positive "cases" thus the phrase "casedemic."

The all-causes death rate for 2020 in the US is indistinguishable from prior years other than it was lower than all years except 2009 in recent history. Pneumonia, influenza, and influenza-like illness deaths dropped in the exact numbers that covid deaths increased. Respiratory illnesses commonly take out the elderly at the end of their lives every year. The average age of death labeled covid is 83. This is from the CDC's own data. The CDC did a study on masks and social distancing, in their study conclusion they stated that stopping these practices would cause "waves of infection." This is a political statement and not a factual statement. Buried in the many pages of the study the tables show that masks instituted after baseline increased the infection rate by 0.5 to 0.8%. Statistically this is a meaningless difference, as one would expect by trying to control mosquitoes with a chain link fence. The CDC and WHO have an agenda and they are controlling the conversation. As the Nazis knew, controlling the story controls the society. Reminds me of the saying in medicine "if you go to a surgeon for advice the advice will likely be surgery."

Is there any concern in the media about what unemployment or the loss of your business/life savings does to the death and addiction rates? This information is widely available and the numbers dwarf reported deaths due to covid.

Further, a recent Harvard study revealed that only 1% of vaccine damages are reported to VAERS. So if the news reports 1,000 deaths, which it has, then the actual number is likely more like 100,000. Likewise, when the vaccines kill countless people through antibody dependent enhancement or promoting more dangerous "uncontrollable monsters" viral strains the deaths will be blamed on people that refused vaccination.
Old 16-03-2021, 14:55   #506
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined, notes Imran Ahmed, who heads the Center for Countering Digital Hate in Washington DC. To counter their activities, he argues, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines, and medical professionals’ integrity.
Morehttps://www.nature.com/articles/s415...39254-45020405

Old 16-03-2021, 15:17   #507

Moderna updates

Moderna Inc said on Monday it had dosed the first patients in an early-stage study of a new COVID-19 vaccine candidate for evaluation as a next-generation shot. The company said its new candidate, mRNA-1283, could potentially be stored in refrigerators instead of freezers, making it easier to distribute, especially in developing countries. The early-stage study will assess the safety and immunogenicity of mRNA-1283 at three dose levels, and will be given to healthy adults either as a single dose or in two doses 28 days apart, the company said.

Moderna announced it has expanded its COVID-19 vaccine trial to include children. The first phase of the trial focused on kids ages 12 to 17, but the second phase incorporates children as young as 6 months old.

Called the KidCOVE study, it will be conducted in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health and will test the vaccine on 6,750 kids ages 6 months to 11 years old. The study is an “age de-escalation” study, meaning that older children will get the vaccine first, and as it is shown to be safe, it will be given to progressively younger kids. It is also a “dose escalation” study, meaning that the researchers will start with smaller doses of the vaccine and work up to normal adult doses once the low doses are proven to be safe.

Dr. Anthony Fauci: “We project that high school students will very likely be able to be vaccinated . . . in the early part of the fall,” “Elementary school kids . . . they likely will be able to get vaccinated by the very first quarter of 2022.
Old 16-03-2021, 15:24   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
“Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry” ~ by Imran Ahmed
Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the roll-out of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined . . .
Certainly sums it in one paragraph.

. . .

Every anti-vaxx message can be boiled down to a master narrative of three parts: “COVID-19 isn’t dangerous; vaccines are dangerous; you can’t trust doctors or scientists.” Instead of attempting to rebut every silly conspiracy theory, practitioners should inoculate against those three central claims. And they must do so in every corner of the internet, meeting people where they are. For example, doctors and scientists should join their local community’s Facebook group and offer to answer any questions their neighbors have about the vaccine against COVID-19.
Old 16-03-2021, 15:41   #509

Boat: Stevens 47

Quote:
Love these self-appointed fact checkers spouting their own fake facts. Someone please find me a single example of a person damaged by a vaccine successfully suing the manufacturer since 1988. Claiming you "might" be able to sue them, as Fauci does, is patently ridiculous. What other manufacturer has this type of immunity? Answer, none.

A 39 year old extremely healthy "vibrant" woman from Utah a few days ago got symptoms hours after her vaccine injection and died two days later. The coroner stated "let's not rush into thinking the death is related to the vaccine." OTOH anyone that has a (huge number of false positives) covid test show positive even at cycle thresholds of 40-45 which is completely meaningless and dies within two months for any reason is labeled a covid death. When a person in the community gets a positive covid test say for their job, the health department reports that person and all members of their family as positive "cases" thus the phrase "casedemic."

The all-causes death rate for 2020 in the US is indistinguishable from prior years other than it was lower than all years except 2009 in recent history. Pneumonia, influenza, and influenza-like illness deaths dropped in the exact numbers that covid deaths increased. Respiratory illnesses commonly take out the elderly at the end of their lives every year. The average age of death labeled covid is 83. This is from the CDC's own data. The CDC did a study on masks and social distancing, in their study conclusion they stated that stopping these practices would cause "waves of infection." This is a political statement and not a factual statement. Buried in the many pages of the study the tables show that masks instituted after baseline increased the infection rate by 0.5 to 0.8%. Statistically this is a meaningless difference, as one would expect by trying to control mosquitoes with a chain link fence. The CDC and WHO have an agenda and they are controlling the conversation. As the Nazis knew, controlling the story controls the society. Reminds me of the saying in medicine "if you go to a surgeon for advice the advice will likely be surgery."

Is there any concern in the media about what unemployment or the loss of your business/life savings does to the death and addiction rates? This information is widely available and the numbers dwarf reported deaths due to covid.

Further, a recent Harvard study revealed that only 1% of vaccine damages are reported to VAERS. So if the news reports 1,000 deaths, which it has, then the actual number is likely more like 100,000. Likewise, when the vaccines kill countless people through antibody dependent enhancement or promoting more dangerous "uncontrollable monsters" viral strains the deaths will be blamed on people that refused vaccination.

The all cause death rate of 2020 is NOT indistinguishable from prior years

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

What Gord says.
Old 16-03-2021, 18:32   #510

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Certainly sums it in one paragraph.

. . .

Every anti-vaxx message can be boiled down to a master narrative of three parts: “COVID-19 isn’t dangerous; vaccines are dangerous; you can’t trust doctors or scientists.” Instead of attempting to rebut every silly conspiracy theory, practitioners should inoculate against those three central claims. And they must do so in every corner of the internet, meeting people where they are. For example, doctors and scientists should join their local community’s Facebook group and offer to answer any questions their neighbors have about the vaccine against COVID-19.
============================================
bear with me please and clarify my single and feeble mind/logic thought process .(80 y/o) if you can.
retired physician.

I have completed the second Pfizer doses,that brings my immune defenses up to a roughly 90+- defense,not counting the new variant strains,however has improved my odds in case I contract it may not necessarily died in ICU having my last memory a masked face looking at me in horror.
Despite having completed my inoculation have not changed my current behavior outside my house,wear double mask,keep distance and normally use gloves when shopping.
Have not eating inside a restaurant and do not plan to change my behavior of self protection any time soon.
If somebody gets too close on the store and look at my double mask have a sense of gratification knowing I am not doing it to protect the AH because double masking filters more breathing in and actually protects me, however when I exhale the air escapes around my nose and potentially invades their space if they are too close,(that gives me some twisted satisfaction)
If my thinking is somehow correct,there are basically two big groups,group A with people like me with an increased level of protection and decreased risk and then Group B basically those who prefer not.
Their hope is then they will eventually reach the so much touted Herd Immunity status,and more likely they will eventually.
Because this group tend to interact and socialize more their risk factor is high therefore there is a percentage higher than my group of getting sick and potentially died.
Well so be it,Am I a selfish non caring type of a person?
This is really a fictitious question
Nah I would not care.

Tags