Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2021, 18:19   #46

Boat: Hunter Legend 40.1
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
The only downside, the vaccines do contain the AI tracker chip.

Don't forget the bit about the chip technology coming from aliens...
Old 25-01-2021, 18:20   #47

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
Florida doctor dies after covid vaccine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ne/ar-BB1czpeJ
Story verified as untrue. You are free to refuse the vaccine but you are negligent to imply it’s deadly. What kind of person does that?
Old 25-01-2021, 18:31   #48
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion View Post
Story verified as untrue. You are free to refuse the vaccine but you are negligent to imply it’s deadly. What kind of person does that?
Enjoy your vaccine
Old 25-01-2021, 18:32   #49
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafa View Post
Don't forget the bit about the chip technology coming from aliens...
Yes, AI, Alien Intelligence.

Or maybe that should be AAI, Alien Artificial Intelligence.

I don't know, it's been so difficult to think straight since that first shot.
Old 25-01-2021, 18:32   #50
cruiser

Quote:
My daughter is an ER doctor and she was thrilled beyond words to get the vaccine, as were ALL the rest of the doctors in her hospital, as were my cousins and close friends that are nurses.

And as others have pointed out, the odds of dying from the virus far outweigh the odds of dying from the vaccine.

Does the chip includes free gps ?
Old 25-01-2021, 18:50   #51
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Does the chip includes free gps ?
Of course not, it uses secret, alien technology. But it does have interstellar range.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:02   #52

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

I wonder what the odds of dying from COVID-19 or the vaccine is compared to turtling a boat are? Or other ordinary risks sailors make every day?
Old 25-01-2021, 21:37   #53

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:

I looked at the syringe and said "The chip must be really small to go through that needle".

The nurse laughed.

I laughed.

The syringe laughed.
Old 25-01-2021, 22:05   #54

Wife and myself are 50 something health care workers. Hardest year of our lives. We are simply grateful that there are vaccines available and so many of you, our friends, and family are giving thoughtful consideration to their use. I have had 2 doses of the Pfizer and she will receive her second moderna dose this week (again nothing but greatful and relieved). I got hit fairly hard by the second dose but not near as hard as a single day at work or the consequences of having a bad version of the COVID. If you’re on the fence re the vaccine pls continue to consider . My family thanks all you.
Old 25-01-2021, 22:56   #55

Boat: Hanse 430e

Excuse this for being totally US Centric.
I am not posting this angrily but I am wondering WTF. The USA is happily giving shots to its citizens in the US and will likely do so at our foreign military bases, embassies and consulates. The US will not be giving shots to its citizens who are living overseas. So when they start giving shots to illegals in the US, its a bit like **** you to those of us who still pay taxes yet are getting nothing. The US needs to come up with reciprocity agreements just like it has treaties where US citizens are living.

The EU countries are not giving shots to individuals who do not have tax id's.

It will be very interesting to see how this all rolls out. If it becomes a condition for entry into another country then there will be many Americans stuck and looking for a work around.
Old 26-01-2021, 02:30   #56
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
People are dying left and right after getting that vaccine...
...The only thing they will vaccine is my dead body.
People are dying, left and right, after not getting that vaccine, as well.
Your (and/or someone else's) dead body might become a more likely occurrence, because you didn't get vaccinated.

How much does the world trust medical experts and vaccines? ~ Wellcome Trust & Gallup World Poll

The “Wellcome Global Monitor” is the world’s largest study into how people around the world think and feel about science and major health challenges, and was run as part of the Gallup World Poll. The survey asks more than 140,000 people, aged 15 and older, in over 140 countries, how they think and feel about health and science. Typically, 1,000 individuals were surveyed in each country. In China, India and Russia the sample sizes were 2,000 or greater. In rare instances, the sample size fell between 500 and 1,000.

Key findings from Wellcome Global Monitor
Three-quarters of the world’s population trust doctors and nurses more than anyone else for health advice.
Globally, around eight in 10 people agree vaccines are safe, and nine in 10 people worldwide say their children have been vaccinated.
People living in high-income countries have the lowest confidence in vaccines.
In most parts of the world, higher confidence in health systems, governments, and scientists is a sign of high trust in vaccines – but the picture is more complicated in Europe.
In almost every region of the world, men are significantly more likely to say they had a good level of understanding of science, compared to women.
73% of people worldwide would trust a doctor or nurse more than any other source of health advice, including family, friends, religious leaders or famous people.
But across the world, people with the lowest household income have less confidence in hospitals and healthcare systems.
Overall, 72% of people globally trust scientists.
But over half (57%) of the world’s population don’t think they know much – if anything – about science.
Almost one in five (19%) believe that science does not benefit them personally.
Alongside learning science at school or college, confidence in key national institutions such as the government, the military and the judiciary are among the strongest factors that relate to a person’s trust in science.
Worldwide, 79% of people agree that vaccines are safe and 84% agree that they are effective.
Trust in vaccines tends to be strongly linked to trust in scientists and medical professionals; people who have strong trust in scientists overall are more trusting of vaccines, and vice versa.
Bangladesh and Rwanda have the strongest confidence in vaccines – with almost all people in both countries agreeing vaccines are safe, effective and important for children to have. Rwanda also has the highest trust in their healthcare system, at 97% – compared to a global average of 76%.
However, around a fifth of people in Europe either disagree or are unsure of whether vaccines are safe. This is despite 86% trusting doctors and nurses and 21% showing high trust in scientists.
The lowest confidence levels in relation to vaccines are in Western Europe where more than one in five (22%) of people disagree that vaccines are safe, and in Eastern Europe where 17% disagree that vaccines are effective.
France has the lowest levels of trust in vaccines globally: a third (33%) of its inhabitants disagree that vaccines are safe and a tenth (10%) disagree they are important for children to have.

Wellcome Global Monitor 2018 https://wellcome.org/reports/wellcom...l-monitor/2018

Andhttps://wellcome.org/sites/default/f...nitor-2018.pdf

Questionnaire https://wellcome.org/sites/default/f...t-report_0.pdf

Old 26-01-2021, 02:41   #57

Here in Beijing it's available to general population now. They've already vaccinated all the frontline and F/B workers, anyone above 19 can get it.

Probably get mine next week. Need to do international travel.

Free for Expats.
Old 26-01-2021, 04:42   #58
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Old 26-01-2021, 05:05   #59

Boat: Hunter 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
I wish... in Canada my turn probably won't come up till late Summer. I'm in that in-between category of being too young to be old, but too old to be young.
I am in Canada also and do not expect a vaccination until sometime in the summer. Canada is in 10th place in the world for vaccinations.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:09   #60

Boat: Hinckley Bermuda 40

Quote:
People are dying left and right after getting that vaccine. 23 elderly in Norway , a doctor in Florida and a man last week in California. Healthcare workers, doctors and nurses, are refusing those vaccines.
The only thing they will vaccine is my dead body.
The Norway thing has already been discounted. But here in the US- A doc in California and some dude in Florida- out of about 20 million? Man they’re dying all over the place.

Tags