Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2021, 06:34   #586

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
They are clearly doing it better than we are. I feel almost guilty for getting the second dose in two weeks.

Not that we are doing it badly! We are crushing this pandemic. And so are they. The whole situation will look completely different in a couple of months. And not a moment too soon!
=====================================

from Bloomberg today

The first Covid-19 vaccine began arriving in U.S. hospitals on Dec. 14.

Since then, almost 150 million doses have been administered and 29% of the population has received at least one shot. This remarkable achievement has come with challenges: disruptive winter weather, fragile websites, and elusive appointments. Many times, unfortunately, those at highest risk have been left behind.

Still, the numbers represent real-life stories of people starting to get their lives back, aided by Covid-19 immunization planners, packers, distributors and vaccinators.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:01   #587

Do a search for Dr. Ryan Cole on bitchute for factual info.

If you get the shot, since it is experiemental your insurance will not cover you if there are issues and you will need to pay out of pocket. The vaccine makers are immune from legal issues. But i imagine if you are promoting/coercing shots you will not be immune from legal issues.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:09   #588

New clinical trials showed that Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine elicits "100% efficacy and robust antibody responses" in adolescents from 12 to 15 years old, the drug company announced Wednesday. The trial included 2,260 participants; the results are even better than earlier responses from participants ages 16 to 25.

Pfizer and its vaccine partner BioNTech said they will submit the results "as soon as possible" to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency, asking regulators to expand their authorizations for the vaccine's use in young people.

During the clinical trial, 18 people who were in the placebo group developed COVID-19, while none of the people in the vaccinated group did. Blood tests showed a strong immune system response one month after participants received the second vaccine dose, according to a summary of test data released by Pfizer.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...esults-pivotal
Old 31-03-2021, 09:28   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat jam View Post
Do a search for Dr. Ryan Cole on bitchute for factual info.

If you get the shot, since it is experiemental your insurance will not cover you if there are issues and you will need to pay out of pocket. The vaccine makers are immune from legal issues. But i imagine if you are promoting/coercing shots you will not be immune from legal issues.
=====================================

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
Old 31-03-2021, 09:42   #590

Boat: Gallart 13.50 MS

Quote:
... If pharma companies can expect their IP rights to be confiscated or nationalized in the next crisis, why would they spend billions of shareholder money developing the next set of IP rights?
The government can reimburse them for research costs and profit, at the same time they request the research. The company walks away with resources they didn't have to pay for, and the public gets an affordable vaccine. Because they paid for it.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:49   #591
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat jam View Post
Do a search for Dr. Ryan Cole on bitchute for factual info disinformation ...
St. Luke's chief medical officer fact checks a doctor's [Dr Ryan Cole] anti-vax claims
"I'm afraid this is more from our anti-vax colleagues to stoke fear and misinformation instead of science."
More ➥ https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...e-d8edbf576c34

Old 31-03-2021, 09:55   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
St. Luke's chief medical officer fact checks a doctor's [Dr Ryan Cole] anti-vax claims
"I'm afraid this is more from our anti-vax colleagues to stoke fear and misinformation instead of science."
More ➥ https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...e-d8edbf576c34
===========================================
curious about Dr Ryan Cole and BitChute
did a search

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitChute
Old 31-03-2021, 10:19   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Enhanced maybe, but the industry is more complex than that. Premiums are often set and justified by the prior periods costs plus a fair profit (say 10%). If last year was a disaster cost wise, premiums go up this year and 10% of this larger figure is a lot more profit. It's a perverse incentive that encourages high medical costs.
Yep. A family member was caring for an elderly relative. It was unreal the hoops and hurdles one had to jump through to deal with administration of care. It took hours and hours every week. One of the hurdles, was that a contact at the company could ONLY answer the phone one day a week, for a few hours, on that day. If you missed that window, or more likely, could not get through because the contact was on the phone with someone else, you got to try again. In a week.

That was only one of the hurdles and hoops that had to be dealt with. As I listened to what was happening, it was obvious that that the system was setup to be as inefficient as possible to drive up costs. The company administering the system had every incentive to INCREASE costs, because they were likely on a fixed profit percentage, and by increasing costs, i.e., being inefficient, they would get more revenue, and thus make more money.

Later,
Dan
Old 31-03-2021, 10:23   #594

Gord

You are well known here for posting only things that support your views. Why is it you have not mentioned the guy who invented the tests being used for positive tests stated the tests were 90 percent incorrect for accuracy? And the false positives are based on their counts?

Edit to add

Very shameful and you guys will have blood on your hands.
Old 31-03-2021, 10:26   #595

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
The government can reimburse them for research costs and profit, at the same time they request the research. The company walks away with resources they didn't have to pay for, and the public gets an affordable vaccine. Because they paid for it.

Sure, but what would be the point? The public IS getting an affordable vaccine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	235583

At those prices, you could vaccinate the entire world with AZ at commercial prices for $28 billion -- chicken feed. I guess economic damage for a single day of the pandemic costs more than that. The AZ vaccine produced in India under license is even cheaper.

This is not the problem -- the big challenge is distribution and logistics in poor countries.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 31-03-2021, 11:25   #596

Happened to run across this:
Quote:
Half of people in the UK now have antibodies against coronavirus, either through infection or vaccination, tests conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.
According to the most recent coronavirus infection survey, an estimated 54.7% of the population in England would have tested positive for antibodies to coronavirus from a blood sample in the week ending 14 March 2021.
Furthermore in the most vulnerable age groups,
Quote:
Age is also a factor in increased antibodies. More than 76% of people aged 70 years and over have tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies in the UK. The higher levels of antibodies observed in older age groups reflect the high vaccination rate in older people.
The report from, https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...st-coronavirus, breaks down the numbers into the different parts of the UK.

The overall numbers would seem to indicate that parts of the UK population, especially the vulnerable elderly, are at or near too, herd immunity. <Cross Fingers>

Later,
Dan
Old 31-03-2021, 11:46   #597
CLOD

Boat: none

[QUOTE=sailormed;33282

Just out of curiosity, how many of the members of this forum are vaccinated? It seems that there is actually a huge campaign ongoing in the USA to get a maximum number of persons vaccinated.[/QUOTE]

Well this thread 11 pages so i bet it is crap show about something else by now and I have no reason to read it on a sailing forum.

But i will the question, my wife and I haven't gotten the vaccine. But we are in the Bahamas and will figure it out in May when i get back to the US. If they letmy virus carrying body back in.
Old 31-03-2021, 12:34   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
You do realize, mRNA technology was in development prior to the pandemic? This isn't a one off technology that will never be used again.

But again, the IP portion of the puzzle isn't the limiting factor and the companies are cooperating on their own.

So other than violating IP laws making things difficult the next time...what are you trying to accomplish?
Old 31-03-2021, 23:15   #599

It may well become America's next Covid-19 culture war. [And likely to similar be for much of the rest of the world's cultural war.]

Growing numbers of businesses, hospitality industries, and even sports teams are considering requiring proof of vaccination for customers . . .

Nevertheless, it is an ethical minefield. Should businesses bar people who are not vaccinated? Can employers make vaccines a condition for accepting a new job? Certainly vaccines should be available to anyone who wants one before such filtering systems are introduced. But equally, is it fair for an American who endangers others by refusing vaccination to get the same benefits as others?

. . .

Meanwhile in America March 31 snipet:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/world...ntl/index.html

Old 01-04-2021, 03:39   #600

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Sure, but what would be the point? The public IS getting an affordable vaccine:

Attachment 235583

At those prices, you could vaccinate the entire world with AZ at commercial prices for $28 billion -- chicken feed. I guess economic damage for a single day of the pandemic costs more than that. The AZ vaccine produced in India under license is even cheaper.

This is not the problem -- the big challenge is distribution and logistics in poor countries.

I think you’re right that getting the vaccine to those in rural, 3rd world countries is a major hurdle that we’ve yet to clear and its a moral imperative as well as in our own self interest to make sure it happens ASAP in order to limit the opportunity for a more deadly, current vaccine resistant variant to develop.

I just read that 40% of Conservative men in the US are vaccine resistant, which i find to be terribly frightening. I happen to be a Conservative American man myself so Im not trying to make this about political finger pointing at all. My best friend, a successful attorney, is one of those who is resistant to getting vaccinated. But when any significantly sized group of people within a larger group don’t get vaccinated, it becomes impossible to stop the spread and constant mutation of a virus within the larger group, possibly endangering all and lengthening the time we all have to put up with social distancing restrictions and the drag on economies that the continuing awareness of the virus still being amongst us causes, not to mention the government resources it takes up and ongoing increased spending on covid related bailouts.

I also dont understand the instinct some seem to have against Pharmacological companies making a significant profit from having developed drugs and vaccines that save millions of lives and may save trillions of dollars by shortening the lifespan of this virus. They seem to not understand or are willfully ignoring the obvious fact that if the pharma companies didnt see the potential to make big $$$, they wouldnt invest in the resources and expense that it took to bring these ‘miracle drugs’ into being and we’d all be forced to live with the consequences. It costs real money to hire the brightest researchers and equip them with the best labs/equipment available, and for every breakthrough these brilliant scientists come up with, they spend years and many millions of dollars pursuing seemingly promising drugs that never get approved. Does anyone REALLY want government workers and politicians any more involved than they already are in the decision process regarding which diseases or health conditions that scarce resources should be allocated towards fighting? Often the term “obscene profits” is used when big pharma is discussed, but if they didnt exist and werent incentivized by the hope of making those obscene profits, we’d be witness to the actual obscenity of witnessing countless more premature deaths due to diseases that we all now take for granted are no longer a threat to us.

Tags