Old 04-04-2021, 07:46   #706
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belezar View Post
“ The founders knew this. ”.

This trope is such a joke. Brilliant guys but not all knowing. They also knew that people should be property, women shouldn’t vote, non landowners shouldn’t have rights. Blah blah blah. That is a most ridiculous argument.

No US federal or state government is forcing anyone to get a shot. The military might and should. It affects readiness. For me it’s an easy choice. I don’t want to put my family, friends and customers at risk. Further, if someone doesn’t want it, I would question whether that is a person I want working for me. Judgement that messed up may not be confined to vaccines. To me, that person is one wacky video from being a capital rioter or Qanon supporter. As an employer I get to choose. US law protects me and let’s me control my business the way I want - which is not to cowtow to one or two nut jobs but to be thoughtful and protect those around me.
The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against two Christian bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:53   #707

Boat: Sceptre 41
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill1 View Post
Did you see how recent CA had practiced eugenics on people? I can't attest to whether or not the actual laws have been stricken from the books. Can you? So, my statement may be true, just not actively practiced? What do you think? I can't remember any articles or such stating that CA had voted to remove such laws from their code. Just sayin...
CA? (where/what is this?)
eugenics?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? (Apparently not, as you write in your post.)
Old 04-04-2021, 07:58   #708

No that is not the docs - i started accessing white papers twenty years ago. I can not really say too much as i am on the radar both in a positive and negative way - not a useless... but my innate need to help innocent people does not require me to do anything for people who deserve their fate. I believe as they do that those who make it deserve it. As you will know i tried to give a hint a while ago. That site is only what they expect till 2025. The five years after will make that timeline look like a walk in the park.

There is a unnatural infection that is causing damage but they are isolated in specific areas with some spread. Very different from the fear mongering that requires lockdowns and shots. You can believe what you want and meet your deserved fate. That is not to say there will not be another more deadly spread due to...
Old 04-04-2021, 08:06   #709
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
CA? (where/what is this?)
eugenics?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? (Apparently not, as you write in your post.)
If your going to San Francisco..

In California, “[eugenics] was always linked to the use of land: to agriculture and plant hybridization”.[6] Many of the powerful social workers, doctors, psychiatrists, and biologists, sought to hurt many of California's Mexican, Indian, and Asian populations through the exclusionary laws that those scientists proposed. In addition to the conquest to hurt the “undesirables” in the state, the California Eugenics plan also was a way to save the state money so they could eliminate the money the state spends on welfare and other programs that help the less fortunate.[6] Eugenics takes three forms in California:

limiting the number of children for whom a woman on welfare can get state support,
coercing women of color who need a caesarean section, and women dependent on illicit drugs, to surrender reproductive capacities and
forcing contraception use a term of probation.[6] In previous years, California had focused on applying eugenics indirectly to humans as a form of “societal benefit”. Now, the eugenicists of the state only focus their resources to save the state money.[7]
A common misconception is that Eugenics began with Hitler and the Nazis, but this is false because it actually began in the United States and California was a major trailblazer.[8] In 1933 alone, at least 1,278 coercive sterilizations were conducted 700 of which were women. In 1933, the state's top two sterilization mills were Sonoma State Home (388 operations) and Patton State Hospital (363 operations). 9

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
Old 04-04-2021, 09:30   #710

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Don't forget the promotion of abortions up to delivery or even after alive birth. This is so inhuman and outragious, but what those progressive call a progress.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:30   #711

Boat: 2012 Seaward 32 RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
A common misconception is that Eugenics began with Hitler and the Nazis, but this is false because it actually began in the United States and California was a major trailblazer.[8] In 1933 alone, at least 1,278 coercive sterilizations were conducted 700 of which were women. In 1933, the state's top two sterilization mills were Sonoma State Home (388 operations) and Patton State Hospital (363 operations). 9
Yes sir. There is a good outline of what various states did to their populations in this link. https://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/ I imagine it's really hard for regular folks to get their head around something like this.

This is a good article, though it doesn't mention Margaret Sanger, Prescott Bush (yes that Bush family) and planned parenthood. https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796

Ok, I am done and apologize for getting off topic. This thread was shot about 46 pages ago LOL.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:45   #712

Boat: Southerly 57

I agree, it was toast long ago. You are right about eugenics being a thing. And a scary one. NC, my state, was a terrible offender. I’m not sure it’s illegal anywhere, but some states have added restrictions. Of course, unless you’re dark skinned or have mental problems, you’re safe.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:19   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
If I can interrupt the vaccine wars for a second...

Does anyone know how I can get a Pfizer vaccine in Florida??
Do you have a regular doctor? If you're genuinely allergic to that additive, your doctor should have no trouble helping you access a safer alternative.

But in general, vaccine-shopping is discouraged... though all that Astra-Zeneca news isn't helping. The odds are still slanted heavily towards vaccines vs covid.

We're scheduled for our first shot Tuesday. I don't know what the vaccine du jour will be, but I'm not all that concerned about it.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:32   #714

Boat: OPB while I search for mine

Quote:

I am scheduled to receive a Moderna vaccine this week but just found out it contains an amine compound in it. EXACTLY the family of compounds that I’m most allergic to that destroyed my health. Pretty sure I can’t be injecting amines into my blood stream.

So I am trying to get a Pfizer vaccine because it’s more effective than Johnson and Johnson. I’ll go for the Johnson and Johnson if it’s around, but it isn’t

STILL trying to get a vaccine.
A call to the public health department in your county is probably a good first step if your treating provider can't help here. If you can't reach them on the phone (right now we're getting about 15,000 calls a day and kind of busy vaccinating) you might try dropping by a vaccination site and asking.

Alternatively, reach out to an allergist or immunologist's practice. They tend to be starting to receive doses for folks with significant allergies who are getting deferred by public health or the mass vaccination efforts.

Beyond that I'm not in Florida so don't have much local info, sorry.

Darren
(Who has spent the last year in public health and 4 mos vaccinating)
Old 04-04-2021, 11:09   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I bet you are not one of the millions of people who lost a job, had a business bankrupted, committed suicide, lost a year of school and will be permanently stunted from that, went hungry from loss of school lunches, died of an untreated heart condition or cancer (10's of thousands just in the UK), suffered from the huge increases in domestic violence and drug abuse and alcoholism during lockdown, none of whom would characterize the last year as "a pain in the ass".
Well, you got me there; I haven't killed myself. Apologies to CF for that. From losing a 2nd cousin, I know that depression and suicide can occur outside of lockdowns as well, and are just as tragic. The problem is mental illness; few depression-free people are driven to suicide just by adversity. And consider that loss of a loved-one to COVID would likely have more impact on the average person than loss of employment or a business.

I haven't yet found reliable stats that show the magnitude of non-COVID collateral deaths, so I can't yet comment on that. If you have any links, please share'em. Ditto for "huge" increases in other harms. But obviously there would be some increases.

As to the still-living, I am still amazed that you are again sitting on their coffins, driving nails into the lids and singing lamentations, when what they need is support and hope.

Me - I'm not wealthy, but comfortable, debt-free and secure, and pretty happy about it. COVID and lockdowns turned an extended period of unemployment into an early retirement. A bit of a financial hit, but not horrible, and has its own benefits. My wife is still employed (mainly for love, not money) in a low-paying craft -a cook in high-end catering- that is, for some twisted logic, considered "essential". So she's stayed at work through the pandemic, at a slightly elevated risk. Many of her co-workers are the working poor, or barely above it. They and their kids have struggled through this, from one crisis to another - daycare when the schools shut, reduced hours, family members with COVID - but they're making it, and managing to be cheerful and hopeful. Most of the small businesses I know are making it - barely... but there are a few who were not quick to react, or just bad luck, and will likely go under. Maybe Canada has done a better job than some countries keeping people afloat and hanging on.

So yeah, like most of CF I've done fine. But I can also see the people and businesses around me. And that they don't want our tears, they want our support.
Quote:
And to keep the conscience clean and eyes shut to the suffering of the masses -- the best thing of all to do is just repeat to yourself: "It's a public health problem, it's a public health problem, it's the virus, not the measures, it's the virus, not the measures, and only deplorables ("loud minority") would dare to question that . . . "

And no, this rant is not directed at you particularly, who generally have much more nuanced views than others. But that "pain in the ass" kind of set me off on this tangent. "It's been such a bother for everyone, but if you'll just sit quietly like good people and stop complaining about the lockdowns . . . " -- it sounded like that, although I'm pretty sure you didn't really mean it like that.
We agree that probably no country got it exactly right. Yet if you continue to maintain that many did it wrong (lockdowns), you need to show how wrong it was, and quantify what "right" would have looked like. As bad as lockdowns were, I don't think that an Italy-scale healthcare meltdown would have been a better outcome.

And for Heaven's sake, stop counting out the living to prove a point. Aim that impressive intellect at helping fix the lives that have temporarily been disrupted. The damage will only be permanent if we fail to address it.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:27   #716
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat jam View Post
The EU recently passed legislation that makes it illegal to force any individual to get the shot AND also to discriminate against any individual that has not had the shot.

This is a passing off of legal resposibility currently happening (from the pushers) to make the employers take the heat for not only public condemnation but legally as well. It is all part of the plan to nix the economy. It is your common scare tactic that gansters use. As an employer you will find that forcing the shot will have violated the nuremburg code and you will pay dearly for it if any employee chooses to take legal action which will happen in some places where people have the balls to stand up. As always they are expecting gullible individuals to line up in the face of loss of income and hardship. I could tell you a lot about the coming plans (as i have read high level docs that detailed everything happening now) but will refrain and just say you guys have no idea what your lives will be like in the coming years if you do not take a stand - most likely too late in certain regions. But hey with the likes of the shot promoters we have here, interestingly many from one country that is one of two test countries for the rollout - fate is a reward. Karma is a bitch.

By the way you do not even realize that your free country (which one - you need to figure this out yourself - if you can not then you deserve what is coming) has every aspect of a communist country except for private property ownership still in place but this will quickly be dealt with with higher property taxes. Good luck as you will need it. And me, i will be okay as my background is not like yours.
Actually, the Nuremburg code is not law in any country. In the US we have IRBs (institutional review boards) to certify that experiments are ethical. IRBs can be for profit and do not need to disclose conflicts of interests.

These (still experimental) gene therapy "vaccines" are being promoted (coerced upon us) by massive state and industry sponsored propaganda machines.

In the US, if you are injured by one of the "vaccines", you will have very little recourse. In countries (like Canada) with free healthcare, at least you will get taken care of.

Those of you on here that are guilty of "gaslighting" (shame people who don't share their point of view) as well as the "vaxholes" (like to brag about getting the "vaccine") should be asking a few more questions. Instead yous feel that is your moral or patriotic duty not to ask these questions. This is akin to the mass scale brainwashing. You are actually coerced but you don't know it. The US just approved an extra 1.5 billion dollars for propaganda to counter public enemy number one, vaccine hesitancy (the new terrorism). Some of you could see through that plot (there were no weapons of mass destruction). What we have here is the wolf guarding the sheep. A real good question would be: Why is 2/3 of the world population being coerced into an experimental gene therapy simultaneously? Sounds like a nefarious plot from a sci fi novel. Where is the informed consent that should be required for an experimental treatment? It has been completely ommitted.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:29   #717
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

In 2003, the California Senate issued Senate Resolution No. 20, to apologize for California's eugenics laws.
"Senate Resolution No. 20" ~ California State Senate
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...=200320040SR20

California’s eugenics laws were repealed in 1979.
AB-1764 Forced or Involuntary Sterilization Compensation Program ~ California State Legislature
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01920200AB1764

Old 04-04-2021, 11:44   #718
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
In 2003, the California Senate issued Senate Resolution No. 20, to apologize for California's eugenics laws.
"Senate Resolution No. 20" ~ California State Senate
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...=200320040SR20

California’s eugenics laws were repealed in 1979.
AB-1764 Forced or Involuntary Sterilization Compensation Program ~ California State Legislature
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01920200AB1764
California repealed its eugenics law in 1979, and state leaders have apologized for the state’s practices over the years. Even so, a recent state audit acknowledged that forced sterilization, although now illegal, continues. California female inmates were sterilized illegally as recently as 2013, auditors reported.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:48   #719

Quote:

I am scheduled to receive a Moderna vaccine this week but just found out it contains an amine compound in it. EXACTLY the family of compounds that I’m most allergic to that destroyed my health. Pretty sure I can’t be injecting amines into my blood stream.

So I am trying to get a Pfizer vaccine because it’s more effective than Johnson and Johnson. I’ll go for the Johnson and Johnson if it’s around, but it isn’t

STILL trying to get a vaccine.
FYI:

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate trihydrate, and sucrose.

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose

The Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, citric acid monohydrate, trisodium citrate dihydrate, ethanol, 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBCD),
polysorbate-80, sodium chloride.

All the best.
Old 04-04-2021, 13:42   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
FYI:

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE [various] COVID-19 VACCINE[S]?
And more importantly, how do you pick a wine that pairs nicely with each of them?

Tags