Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2021, 05:17   #61

Boat: Hinckley Bermuda 40
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
The only downside, the vaccines do contain the AI tracker chip.
Now the bars are re-opening, my wife’s trying to find a receiver. She’s been looking for one ever since I got refused by Home Again.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:17   #62

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
I'm 72 Y/O and 'unhealthy', and not yet scheduled for vaccination (Ontario, Canada). Been advised might get to me in May or June.
The Toronto Star had a vaccination calculator, not official, just some 'expert' working with the vaccine roll out plans and Canadian demography. It did not consider health, just age and occupation. I am the same age as you and would be considered unhealthy according to how these things work. This thing had me between late January (not happening) and early May. My wife is 11 years younger and she was June to early September.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:19   #63

38, Getting second dose today. I'm a firefighter EMT so we were early on the list. Wife is in healthcare, she's getting second dose mid feb. North Carolina.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:20   #64

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Viento View Post
I have had 2 doses of the Pfizer and she will receive her second moderna dose this week
A mixed marriage apparently.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:20   #65
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Seems disinformation is now official in mainstream media as Bild prints this fiction below..
Seems German Big Pharma's out to kill its cheaper competitor..

Last night German media claimed the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab was only eight percent effective in over-65s.

The reports emerged from one of the country's leading daily newspapers, citing anonymous sources involved with the country's vaccination programme.

No data was presented to support the claims.

The UK Government has accused the EU country of spreading inaccurate information about the jab, with one official describing the claims as “f***ing bonkers” and the sort of outrageous remarks “you expect it from the Russians” not from Germany.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 26-01-2021, 05:43   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Last night German media claimed the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab was only eight percent effective in over-65s.
Well 65 + 8% = 73% so that's not too bad I guess...
Old 26-01-2021, 06:53   #67

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgallinger View Post
I am in Canada also and do not expect a vaccination until sometime in the summer. Canada is in 10th place in the world for vaccinations.
Yup... That's what happens when you sell off all your vaccine biotech capabilities to the highest (foreign) bidder.

The public lab that could have helped fight COVID-19 pandemic

Quote:
Succumbing to corporate pressure and a misguided belief that the private sector always does things better, Brian Mulroney’s Progressive Conservative government privatized Connaught Labs in the 1980s. Today, what remains of this once-dazzling Canadian public enterprise has been taken over by a giant French pharmaceutical company.
Old 26-01-2021, 07:01   #68
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i am old 72 an di am moderately healthy but with underlying condition. no i will not be vaccinated.. i am allergic to flu shot why should i risk my life with this untested maahvull which is overrated.. i have access to actual treatment so i am not worried about any risks to me or others.
i also donot fall for alleged news i have determined decades ago to be inaccurate. numbers have been padded for reasons. lack of liability for sequellae to the jab is another red flag. my rn friends and md friends are not gleefully receiving it--they are extorted into taking it by threats of loss of employment.
treatment is good and effective as long as one is not in usa. seems once ye go into the bounds of usa those effective treatments donot work. funny how politicizing a virus determines care and treatment. .
Old 26-01-2021, 07:03   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post
Excuse this for being totally US Centric.
I am not posting this angrily but I am wondering WTF. The USA is happily giving shots to its citizens in the US and will likely do so at our foreign military bases, embassies and consulates. The US will not be giving shots to its citizens who are living overseas. So when they start giving shots to illegals in the US, its a bit like **** you to those of us who still pay taxes yet are getting nothing. The US needs to come up with reciprocity agreements just like it has treaties where US citizens are living.

The EU countries are not giving shots to individuals who do not have tax id's.

It will be very interesting to see how this all rolls out. If it becomes a condition for entry into another country then there will be many Americans stuck and looking for a work around.
The key difference is military and consulate personnel are in other countries at express request of the US Govt, so the US Govt has a responsibility to vaccinate them. You on the other hand presumably chose to live in a different country, so the burden is on you. Of course, once supplies catch up with demand, I wouldn't be surprised if overseas Americans will be able to get the vaccine thru the local consulates.

Illegal aliens can spread the virus within the US just as easily as Citizens, so it would be silly to completely omit them from the process. (I am far from pro illegal alien but I'm also not going to cut off my nose to spite my face)

Now we are 51 but qualify as we are "fluffy". We got our first jab Sunday. We did see a couple illegal aliens in line ahead of us removed (not guessing, they openly stated their status) because they were requiring a valid picture ID to match up to the appointment and these people couldn't come up with one.
Old 26-01-2021, 07:06   #70

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i am old 72 an di am moderately healthy but with underlying condition. no i will not be vaccinated.. i am allergic to flu shot why should i risk my life with this untested maahvull which is overrated..

I wouldn't call it untested, but there's definitely not as much data yet as for other vaccines. In your case with known vaccine related allergies, holding off for now is probably the smart option. And if there's not a vaccine at some point that's confirmed safe for your specific allergies, then that just makes it more important for those of us who can be vaccinated to get it.
Old 26-01-2021, 07:13   #71

Question:

We did qualify per the standards in Texas (under pre-existing condition of being "fluffy").

When we signed up, we entered our name, address and phone number...that's it. No age information or pre-existing condition check off.

When we signed in at the vaccine center, they confirmed the information, checked our ID and oddly, required our religious affiliation...yet again, no question of how we qualify (and age off ID wouldn't cut it as we are 51).

I know they don't want to be too restrictive and bog the process down but it would have been fairly simple to add a check box indicating what qualified you. Most people would be hesitant to outright lie.

Is this a HIPPA rule that they aren't allowed to ask?

PS: We are residents of Michigan but are 2 months into 3 months in Texas and that wasn't a concern (we checked prior to going to get the shot). It was at a small hospital convention building. Seemed very efficient. Took us about 1hr but 20min was observation after the shot. I would say they were doing 200-300/hr and you did get an appointment time, though it was a 2hr window.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:42   #72

Boat: Swallow Craft, Swift 33

I'm 77 and I've had the first shot. Shot number 2 is scheduled for 14 February.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:52   #73

Boat: Lagoon 42 OV

Wife and I both got our vaccination in December 2020 (me 53, she 49), we are both ER doctors and she does hospice as well. Oldest daughter 18, got hers in December and second dose in January, as she is an EMT. Virginia.
Youngest 15, is not likely to get the vaccination until spring/summer.

It looks like we may have to get revaccinated if the mutations become a concern.
Old 26-01-2021, 08:58   #74

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

BC released its vaccination plan a few days ago. At 72 I'm scheduled to get first shot April/May and second approx month later. Currently vaccinations have started for residents and staff of LT care homes, healthcare staff dealing with covid patients and vulnerable populations.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s..._ACTIVE#phases
Old 26-01-2021, 09:02   #75

Boat: Hunter 46

My wife and I are 70 and I do not see a plan for 70+ to get vaccinated in our county outside of San Francisco.

Tags