Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2021, 15:34   #796

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he is calling states to move up the deadline to make all American adults eligible for a coronavirus vaccine by almost two weeks. Every adult in America will now be eligible to be vaccinated by April 19th. A few weeks ago, Biden called on states, tribes and territories to make all U.S. adults eligible for vaccination no later than May 1st.

Every state has now given at least one dose to 25% or more of its population with 19 percent of Americans fully vaccinated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	champagne-pop.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	236041
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 06-04-2021, 15:55   #797

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave22q View Post
Here in Tthe Florida Keys we have proof that the Dems do not have a monopoly on stupid. Vaccination appointments near impossible to get and the government failed to set up a wait list. Like then Obamacare roll out, the Fl software is late and will most likely be over complicated and defective. Any semicompetent programmer could set up a simple wait list driven system where you get a number and a day or two before you are given an appointment on a take it or back to end of the line system.
PS the PCR positives may be radically overstated because using multiplier of 40 rather that the recommended 30. The deaths are certainly overstated as they report died with positive test or suspected COVID and not the correct measure where COVID was a major factor in causing death.

I've had my first shot in Florida, which was a trick since I was still in Europe when I got the appointment. I found the system fairly clunky but it worked ok and I wouldn't say there was anything terrible about it.

As to overstatement of COVID deaths -- look at excess deaths. The U.S. official figures look about right.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 06-04-2021, 16:30   #798

The UK government said vaccine passports were all but unavoidable, since many countries were certain to demand proof of COVID-19 status for entry. And it said barring British businesses from asking customers for similar proof would be “an unjustified intrusion on how businesses choose to make their premises safe.”

The government said, however, that vaccine passports would never be needed to access “essential public services, public transport and essential shops.”

Johnson acknowledged that vaccine passports raised “complicated ethical and practical issues” and stressed their introduction wasn’t imminent.

“We’re some way off finalizing any plans for COVID-certification in the U.K.,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing
Old 06-04-2021, 18:02   #799

As many as one in three people infected with Covid-19 have longer term mental health or neurological symptoms, researchers reported Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/healt...ess/index.html

They found 34% of Covid-19 survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of their infection, according to the study published Tuesday in the journal Lancet Psychiatry.
The most common diagnosis was anxiety, found in 17% of those treated for Covid-19, followed by mood disorders, found in 14% of patients.
And while the neurological effects are more severe in hospitalized patients, they are still common in those who were only treated in an outpatient setting.
Old 06-04-2021, 18:17   #800
cruiser

The whole scam is coming apart and in 3 or 4 months it will be dead .
The deadline has nothing to do with alleged pandemic, they have no choice now but to restart the economy.
It’s sad for the kids that lost a year of school not to mention the trauma of the whole freak show.
Old 06-04-2021, 18:34   #801

Boat: Boatless for now, looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
...aaand the captain and crew of the good ship Lake-Effect have now received their first shots. No lollipop afterwards, tho'. So I'm havin' a beer.
I had three before the fact, I blame it on the late appointment they gave me.
Old 06-04-2021, 19:34   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Not saying there is causation in this correlation or that different places can be directly compared -- it's a very complex phenomenon and we should resist drawing facile conclusions of any kind, but certainly there is no evidence that extremely strict measures like in California have produced better outcomes than less strict measures in other states and countries, contrary to the "open up too early and everyone will die" trope.
Interesting retrospective of Newsom's first shutdown from the LA Times.

Quote:
Experts say the order ultimately worked, even though other states that were far less restrictive have ended up with similar death rates; for example, 151 per 100,000 people in Florida, compared with 140 in California. Tsai and others say the order in California lowered the peaks of infections and preserved the state’s hospital system.

Newsom’s failure was in operating the reopening “dimmer switch” he so often references. Tsai said Newsom and other governors lifted restrictions too quickly and didn’t reinstate them fast enough when case numbers grew. Those choices, he said, added to California’s coronavirus surges in the summer and winter.
Here's a snapshot from early May, when there was mounting pressure to relax the CA lockdown.

Quote:
Seven weeks ago Mr. Newsom spurred a wave of state lockdowns by ordering all citizens to stay home. The state’s initial dire predictions of surging fatalities and infections overwhelming hospitals have not come to pass. California’s fatality rate (5.8 per 100,000 people) is much lower than those of New York (127.4), Massachusetts (59.9) and even Colorado (15.4), whose Democratic Governor is letting businesses reopen.
... so this initial lockdown WAS working... but lockdowns can't be sustained indefinitely.

Maybe the biggest difference is not "lockdown or not", but more to do with to what extent a state/country is prepared to support its citizens through a long enough lockdown, and put them back on their feet afterwards.
Old 06-04-2021, 23:23   #803
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Lets hope this is as infectious as the virus with everywhere else.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order Tuesday morning banning the creation or use of a “vaccine passport.” It prohibits state agencies or political subdivisions in Texas from creating a “vaccine passport” or conditioning services on a person’s COVID-19 vaccination status.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:03   #804

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Dockhead, Lake Effect, and Midnightson:

Your vaccination status is great news!!!!!

Ben
Old 07-04-2021, 04:37   #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order Tuesday morning banning the creation or use of a “vaccine passport.” It prohibits state agencies or political subdivisions in Texas from creating a “vaccine passport” or conditioning services on a person’s COVID-19 vaccination status.
Meanwhile, in Israel, they were offering, pizza, pastries and coffee to vaccine recipients. ( ) And now, with the high number of vaccinations, Israel is almost fully open again - to the vaccinated. Different places, different approaches, I guess.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:11   #806

Boat: Rafiki 37

Gov. Abbott bans vaccine passports for state agencies, organizations that get taxpayer funding

Quote:
Abbott's executive order does not address private businesses requiring a vaccine passport system for customers, although the order applies to private entities currently receiving and set to receive public funds "through any means," including grants, contracts, loans or other disbursements of taxpayer money. That includes money from local governments.

"No consumer may be denied entry to a facility financed in whole or in part by public funds for failure to provide documentation regarding the consumer's vaccination status," the order reads.

The order also bans state agencies or political subdivisions in Texas from creating a passport requirement or "otherwise conditioning receipt of services on an individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status."
Old 07-04-2021, 05:25   #807

Boat: Bristol 35.5 1978

Gov Abbott's "tread on personal freedoms" argument is ludicrous and is contrary to historical employment requirements for decades in the health care industry. As a pharmacist working in hospitals I had to "reveal personal health info", because it was mandatory for employment to document my TB status annually. Then as we learned more about infectious agents, more vaccines became available and consequently hepatitis B vaccine receipt & documentation became mandatory. All of this was to protect the patients and my fellow healthcare professionals...

And no, the "slippery slope" argument - if this is required what next? is specious...public health takes priority over personal privilege.. thnks
PS I am fully vac'ed and wife is 1/2 way there!!
Old 07-04-2021, 05:31   #808

Boat: Bristol 35.5 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Meanwhile, in Israel, they were offering, pizza, pastries and coffee to vaccine recipients. ( ) And now, with the high number of vaccinations, Israel is almost fully open again - to the vaccinated. Different places, different approaches, I guess.

I understood it was the Israeli cardiologists banding together to offer the pastries & pizza, chronically.....generating a greater patient population with cardiovascular diseases for continued practice revenue! Very large, influential lobbying group those cards! just kiddin'
Old 07-04-2021, 17:50   #809

Recently issued guidance from the FDA.

Titled: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Link: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19
Old 07-04-2021, 18:07   #810
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Recently issued guidance from the FDA.

Titled: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Link: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19
They’re using it profusely in India and the Dominican Republic that I know of and it’s working miracles . It cost about 2 cents a dose witch is not a good business model for US or European big pharma.
Just google it .

Tags