Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2021, 16:41   #946
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
... nice!

I'm going to assume that you are intelligent enough to already know the answer to what is a pretty silly question.
I am not that smart. Why are you evading the question? I am a lowly carpenter. What do you do?
Old 12-04-2021, 16:46   #947

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
By the way sputnik and the Chinese vaccines are not mrna but traditional vaccines.
Nope, gen manipulated cold viruses, like AZ.
Used CRISPR to add the genes they want to sneak into your cell and infect them to produce the spike proteins. The virus is used as a trojan horse to sneak in the mRNA from the virus with the attachment designed in the lab. Same as Astra Zeneca, but using human cold viruses (adenovirus) instead of chimp adeno viruses.
Old 12-04-2021, 17:43   #948

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
By the way sputnik and the Chinese vaccines are not mrna but traditional vaccines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Nope, gen manipulated cold viruses, like AZ.
Used CRISPR to add the genes they want to sneak into your cell and infect them to produce the spike proteins. The virus is used as a trojan horse to sneak in the mRNA from the virus with the attachment designed in the lab. Same as Astra Zeneca, but using human cold viruses (adenovirus) instead of chimp adeno viruses.
From the Lancet:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...191-4/fulltext

Snipet:

Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, also known as Gam-COVID-Vac, the vaccine uses a heterologous recombinant adenovirus approach using adenovirus 26 (Ad26) and adenovirus 5 (Ad5) as vectors for the expression of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) spike protein. The use of two varying serotypes, which are given 21 days apart, is intended to overcome any pre-existing adenovirus immunity in the population. Among the major COVID vaccines in development to date, only Gam-COVID-Vac uses this approach; others, such as the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine, use the same material for both doses. The earlier vaccine for Ebola virus disease, also developed at Gamaleya National Research Centre for Epidemiology and Microbiology (Moscow, Russia), was similar, with Ad5 and vesicular stomatitis virus as the carrier viruses, and the general principle of prime boost with two different vectors has been widely used experimentally.
The recombinant adenovirus route to protection is shared with the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine, which uses a chimpanzee adenovirus (ChAdOx), the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that uses only Ad266 whose detailed results are expected soon, and the CanSinoBIO-Beijing Institute of Biotechnology Ad5-based vaccine whose phase 3 trial began in September, 2020.

The carrier viruses are modified and cannot initiate a productive infection; they enter cells, express the spike protein, and then stop (because they cannot continue the normal virus lifecycle), although a high-sensitivity analysis also showed that a few Ad genes were expressed, albeit at a low level. The vaccine-infected cells are eventually destroyed by the very immunity they are designed to elicit. Recombinant adenoviruses have been used widely as vaccine vectors because they can accommodate large genetic payloads and, although unable to replicate, they trigger the innate immunity sensors sufficiently to ensure robust immune system engagement. Consequently, they do not need an adjuvant and can provide immunity after just a single dose.
Old 12-04-2021, 18:47   #949

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
I'm going to assume that you are intelligent enough to already know the answer to what is a pretty silly question.
LE, you know where my views are on all this. But there's no point engaging with TU and his/her ilk. They have drunk too deep of the paranoid propagandist delusions for your words to make any headway. They only seek conflict so they can spread their disinformation (perhaps because they are paid shills).

Just stop responding and they will scuttle away.
Old 12-04-2021, 19:45   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
They have drunk too deep of the paranoid propagandist delusions for your words to make any headway.

Well, think of all the time they're wasting having to actually read articles instead of just repeating headlines. Maybe the spike proteins of truth will finally pierce the cell wall of willful ignorance, and replicate itself.

We're inspiring tomorrow's geneticists!
Old 12-04-2021, 19:50   #951

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Well, think of all the time they're wasting having to actually read articles instead of just repeating headlines. Maybe the spike proteins of truth will finally pierce the cell wall of willful ignorance, and replicate itself.

We're inspiring tomorrow's geneticists!
Ah, so you're an optimist .

Well, as long as you're having fun, carry on .
Old 12-04-2021, 21:30   #952
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
LE, you know where my views are on all this. But there's no point engaging with TU and his/her ilk. They have drunk too deep of the paranoid propagandist delusions for your words to make any headway. They only seek conflict so they can spread their disinformation (perhaps because they are paid shills).

Au contraire Mike. It was I that wanted this thread closed. And is you that is instigating. You too have refused to answer the exact same question as to if you are a paid propagandist. Now you accuse me of being one. Where do I sign up. We agreed to be friendly. Your post is decidedly unfriendly.
Old 12-04-2021, 23:20   #953
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

Mike you are at times quite rude and offensive, there really is no need for it - I have been down this path before with you, so why not just be polite? Hope you can see the irony of calling such people shills BTW.
Old 13-04-2021, 00:09   #954

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Well, there are also many scientist's and doctors who warn of the technology and ask for a broader ethics discussion before using it in an industrial scale, especially on non-vulnerable young people.

Many doctors also remind of the hypocratic oath, don't do more harm. Unfortunately they are silenced and excluded from the discussions. Instead a huge marketing machinery is put in place to force as many people as possible to be shot at any cost.

They are denounced, smeared, censored, banned, diffamed, ridiculed, silenced.

Of course theres nothing wrong with continuing to study this technology but research began before covid existed so its not quite as new as it might seem. The problem with waiting while more studies are done before releasing the vaccines is that every days delay would have continued to cost thousands of lives all around the world so you have to weigh that against the chance that the vax might turn out to be a danger to some people. Since the vax developers felt strongly enough about the relative risks regarding this tradeoff to get themselves and their loved ones vaccinated, id assume they must have been pretty certain that the benefit of getting the jab far outweighed any possible risk and id accept their judgment rather than thinking i could possibly learn enough about this subject via google, etc. to make a truly informed analysis of my own.

I dont watch much tv so maybe ive missed it, but ive never seen an advertisement for any particular vaccine touting its benefits over a competing vaccine. Ive seen just a few ads encouraging people to get vaccinated but I’d hardly call it a huge marketing machinery. I think that after enduring the past year, most of us are naturally eager to get vaccinated so no big marketing effort was necessary, at least up until now.

Regarding the hippocratic oath, its about ethically saving lives, which is exactly what the vax’s have been proven to do. It especially warns against both doing too much and too little. “I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.” Advocating against vaccines that are proven to work the face of a deadly pandemic seems to be a pretty clear example of therapeutic nihilism on a large scale, a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.
Old 13-04-2021, 03:07   #955
UFO

So after all the denial by the hard core on this forum they are actually developing chips to go in people, but they are for your own and others good, they won't track you or totally destroy your privacy This is not even taking into consideration the neural interface chips that will be hot on the tail of this.

"Dr. Hepburn showed us a few current projects, some sound like they're from an episode of "Star Trek." Consider a ship like the USS Theodore Roosevelt -- hobbled last year when 1,271 crew members tested positive for the coronavirus. What if everyone on board had their health monitored with this subdermal implant, now in late-stage testing. It's not some dreaded government microchip to track your every move, but a tissue-like gel engineered to continuously test your blood.
Dr. Matt Hepburn: It's a sensor.
Bill Whitaker: This tiny green thing in there?
Dr. Matt Hepburn: That tiny green thing in there, you put it underneath your skin and what that tells you is that there are chemical reactions going on inside the body and that signal means you are going to have symptoms tomorrow.
Bill Whitaker: Wow. There's an-- an actual transmitter in that--
Dr. Matt Hepburn: Yeah. It's like a "check engine" light.
Bill Whitaker: Check this sailor out before he infects other people?
Dr. Matt Hepburn: That's right."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/last-pa...CNM-00-10aag7e
Old 13-04-2021, 03:11   #956
UFO

Could be that the Vaccine makes you more susceptible to the SA Variant?

"A team from Tel Aviv University and the Clalit healthcare organization sequenced the swabs of 150 Israelis who tested positive for COVID-19 despite having been vaccinated.

In their study, the prevalence of the South African strain among vaccinated individuals who were infected despite their inoculation was eight times higher than its prevalence in the unvaccinated infected population."
Old 13-04-2021, 03:56   #957

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

"A team from Tel Aviv University and the Clalit healthcare organization sequenced the swabs of 150 Israelis who tested positive for COVID-19 despite having been vaccinated.

In their study, the prevalence of the South African strain among vaccinated individuals who were infected despite their inoculation was eight times higher than its prevalence in the unvaccinated infected population."
If 150 is the total number of breakthrough infections in Israel, then that's pretty good news in and of itself. I think all this shows is that if you are going to get infected after being fully vaccinated, it's more likely to be one of the variants, like the SA or Brazilian ones, and not the original "wild" virus. We already know the vaccines are not quite as effective against these variants, though still very effective. The other good news is that these rare breakthrough infections are not putting people in the hospital or killing them.
Old 13-04-2021, 04:10   #958

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

...does not imply this:
Quote:
The general lack of math skills, basic logic, and reading comprehension depresses me sometimes.
Old 13-04-2021, 04:22   #959

Boat: Southerly 57

Quote:

The general lack of math skills, basic logic, and reading comprehension depresses me sometimes.
Me too, but you’ll never get through the tin foil. I use ignore. It makes this thread much shorter, and hopefully keeps me from saying something the mods don’t like, which would mean I have lowered myself to somewhere I don’t really want to be anyway. I have a brother-in-law who doesn’t think we’ve been to the moon. I just don’t engage. It’s tough, but once someone gets to those places, nothing you or I say will change a thing. Or have the chemtrails warped my brain?

Congrats to those who, like me and everyone in my extended family, have gotten their jabs.
Old 13-04-2021, 04:55   #960
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belezar View Post
Me too, but you’ll never get through the tin foil ...
Don't let "them" fool you!
I have a conspiracy theory...
The government is spreading false rumors that aluminum-foil hats protect your brain from being scanned. But, aluminum foil is actually an antenna, that allows them to get a better signal.

Don't even get me started on chemtrails.
https://youtu.be/X8ccsh6XND0

Chris Bovey—a 41-year-old from Devon, England—thought he'd troll the chemtrails camp. During a flight from Buenos Aires to the UK, his plane had to make an emergency landing in São Paulo and dumped excess fuel to lighten the load. Since he had a window seat, Chris decided to film all the liquid being sprayed out of the wing next to him.
Touching down, he uploaded the video with a caption that suggested it could be evidence of chemtrails, hoping to mess with a couple of friends who he knew might fall for it.
He then claimed (falsely) that he'd been detained at Heathrow upon arrival, been interrogated by the authorities, and had his phone confiscated. That riled everyone up even more, with "conspiraloon" (Chris's term) website NeonNettle.com picking up the story and reporting it as evidence of chemtrails.

Tags