Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2021, 07:59   #1006

Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

AstraZeneca's vaccine was 79% effective at preventing any COVID-19 symptoms and 100% at preventing severe ones, and had no safety issues with blood clots in large-scale U.S. trials, the company said Monday. The results of the trials involving 32,449 people pave the way for AstraZeneca to apply for emergency-use authorization in the United States. The vaccine is already being administered widely in other countries around the world, such as Britain, on the strength of testing conducted outside the U.S. Notably, the company said the U.S. results showed the vaccine to be 80% effective in people 65 and older. Its efficacy was also consistent across ethnicities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 14-04-2021, 08:10   #1007

All vaccines have a risk , the better known flu vaccine causes reactions in some people , last November I had my first ever flu shot ,they made me sit for 15 mins afterwards to see If I had a reaction ,it must be common as they had a special kit at hand to deal with any problems.

Tomorrow I get my second shot and it is Az

This time last year I was working in IC units and witnessed at first hand what covid can do , I've been in and out of red zones fixing equipment , I fully expect that by next winter we will all be getting booster shots here in the UK
Old 14-04-2021, 08:58   #1008

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

If you just forget for a moment your addiction to needles in your arms, there is another more natural path to immunity with a broad band protection towards viruses, their DNA or RNA is chopped, sampled and memorized by the immune system. Instead of relying on a single spike protein, the normal immune system memorizes different pattern and reacts much better to mutations than a designer mRNA or Trojan horse Virus used as attack Vector to inject the spike protein RNA into your cells as GEN therapy.

Also the risks for your further life by your genetically tampered immune system is unpredictable. It may fight you to death on the next infection by freaking out and overreacting.

Young people sozializing and spreading the virus among them without symptoms or with a light cold symptomatic causes their immune system to learn and immunize them, much more efficiently than the jab. You can consider them as being vaccinated with a broad band vaccine. No need for experimental shots.

I agree, that people with a weak immune system may need vaccinations, but disagree to impose unnecessary health risks to the non vulnerable by vaccinating them, just to make some person feel safer or happy - what in fact is not true.

The shot does not stop spreading the virus, does not stop the virus from mutating either, but it promotes variations and selection of more resistent variants.

And the virus is not a death sentence to an average person at all. This exaggregation is simply scare mongering.

As a Cold virus, it will disappear during the summer and will come back in the winter, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The masking and social distancing has to end, to allow the natural immune system to recover after being artificially supressed for over an year.
Old 14-04-2021, 09:23   #1009

Brazil's P1 coronavirus variant mutating, may become more dangerous: study
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

The P1 variant in Brazil is continuing to mutate and could become more evasive from protection of vaccines. As variants arise, countries will become isolated by others so as to contain the spread. The EU adopted that principal for Covid safety protocols in February 2021 to avail unilateral and trapid response actions.

On Tuesday, France suspended all flights to and from Brazil in a bid to prevent the variant's spread as Latin America's largest economy becomes increasingly isolated.

The variant, which has quickly become dominant in Brazil, is thought to be a large factor behind a massive second wave that has brought the country's death toll to over 350,000 - the second highest in the world behind the United States.

Brazil's outbreak is also increasingly affecting younger people, with hospital data showing that in March more than half of all patients in intensive care were aged 40 or younger.
Old 14-04-2021, 10:03   #1010

Vaccine passport apps are about to be everywhere. It could get complicated

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 14-04-2021, 10:09   #1011

Some Children With COVID-Related Syndrome Develop Neurological Symptoms

https://www.yahoo.com/news/children-...115451518.html

Reports about the mysterious COVID-related inflammatory syndrome that afflicts some children and teenagers have mostly focused on physical symptoms: rash, abdominal pain, red eyes and, most seriously, heart problems like low blood pressure, shock and difficulty pumping.

Now, a new report shows that a significant number of young people with the syndrome also develop neurological symptoms, including hallucinations, confusion, speech impairments, and problems with balance and coordination. The study of 46 children treated at one hospital in London found that just over half — 24 — experienced such neurological symptoms, which they had never had before.

Those patients were about twice as likely as those without neurological symptoms to need ventilators because they were “very unwell with systemic shock as part of their hyperinflammatory state,” said an author of the study, Dr. Omar Abdel-Mannan, a clinical research fellow at University College London’s Institute of Neurology. Patients with neurological symptoms were also about twice as likely to require medication to improve the heart’s ability
Old 14-04-2021, 10:21   #1012

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'

News organization hysteria created in order to sell more news is damaging population's abilities to get vaccinated. Case in point is J & J vaccine. The fear mongering is touting blood clots associated with the vaccine. There have been six cases of blood clots, all in women between 18 & 48, in the US after six million doses of J & J were administered. To put that in perspective, that's 1 in a million vs most birth control pills which have a blood clot incidence of 1 in 2,500. Women are 400 times more likely to get a blood clot from birth control pills than the J & J Covid vaccine. They haven't stopped prescribing them!
Read the data sheets that comes with any medication. There isn't a medication made that doesn't have some side affect potential. The point is that the potential for the side affect in a national population is so small that risk is by far outweighed by the benefit.
I an not a conspiracy theorist but what bad actors wouldn't like to see destabilization by supporting hysteria.
JMHO
PS: As a Moderna test subject I've been vaccinated since Sept. 2020 and have had NO negative side affects!
Old 14-04-2021, 10:26   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has just revealed that 23% of registered COVID-19 deaths were not in fact caused by the virus itself. Instead, the new data reveals that almost a quarter of people who were said to have died from the disease in actuality died with the disease.
Don't you be all reasonable and take a middle ground looking for reality...both sides will be coming for you.
Old 14-04-2021, 12:18   #1014
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodsail View Post
I know there was discussion earlier about the efficacy of ivermectin in individuals with Covid19. A just (April 13) published study (398 subjects) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33662102/ in folks with mild symptoms & confirmed Covid < 7 days were given either ivermectin x 5 days or placebo. Time to symptom resolution was the primary outcome. Ivermectin arm symptoms resolved in 10 days vs 12 days in placebo, no statistical difference. Data do not support use of ivermectin in those with mild disease & symptom resolution as a goal. thnks
Glad you brought this up. Let's take a look at this highly publicized high dose ivermectin study which still showed positive results (they say non statistically relevant). Also I will point out that this was a high dose study so speaks volumes for ivermectin's safety. (1500 μg/kg of body weight over 5 days vs the .4 mg/kg recommended by FLCCC). If I did the math correctly, that is 3,750 times the recommended dose! Full text version of study:https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2777389 FLCCC protocol:https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...ol-ENGLISH.pdf
The study was riddled with numerous protocol deviations and rife with conflicts of interest.
Quote:
Conflict of Interest Disclosures: Dr López-Medina reported receiving grants from Sanofi Pasteur, GlaxoSmithKline, and Janssen and personal fees from Sanofi Pasteur during the conduct of the study. Dr López reported receiving grants from Sanofi Pasteur, GlaxoSmithKline, and Janssen and personal fees from Sanofi Pasteur during the conduct of the study. Dr Oñate reported receiving grants from Janssen and personal fees from Merck Sharp & Dohme and Gilead
It was also only one of over 50 studies to date showing positive effects. Compare that to Remdesivir which, at thousands of dollars per treatment is nonetheless being promoted over Ivermectin!
Quote:
Covid-19: Remdesivir has little or no impact on survival, WHO trial shows
https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4057
Here are links to more detailed analyses of that ivermectin study:
Quote:
Why did the mainstream media (e.g. CNN and New York Times) also pounce so fast on the story when so many positive trials have gone by without any interest? Critics of the positive result studies involving ivermectin have tossed indiscriminate criticism involving study design and study quality. Not surprisingly, none of the issues or concerns, including potential conflict of interest with direct pharmaceutical industry payments during the study raise even a word. And what about protocol violations in the study, including 38 switched ivermectin and placebo doses, failure of blinding and other considerations, such as the fact that there are widespread over the counter (OTC) ivermectin sales in the same city where the trial site is located. With nearly identical adverse events in both the ivermectin and control groups, just a number of questions mount. Why aren’t the experts out there critiquing this study? Is the Ivermectin finding in this case serving some underlying pecuniary interest?
https://trialsitenews.com/did-the-lo...placebo-doses/
Quote:
A randomized controlled trial for treatment of mild cases ofCOVID-19 conducted in Cali, Colombia reported no statistically significant differences in outcomes for it's ivermectin (IVM) and placebo arms. A striking anomaly, however, was that certain adverse events (AEs) that are distinctive for the study’s high-dose IVM use occurred at nearly identical rates in its IVM and placebo arms.The backdrop for these indicatorsof IVM use in study controls was wide spread sales of IVM for COVID-19 in the Cali area during the study period, with 1.6 IVM doses sold over the counter for each case of COVID-19. The study compounded these risks of contamination of the control arm with critical errors in blinding and segregation of IVM v. placebo doses. A labeling error substituted IVM for placebo doses of 38 patients. Also, 5% dextrose solution was used for the first 64 patients in the placebo group, easily distinguishable from bitter tasting IVM. Given widespread availability and sales of IVM in Cali, lapses in segregation and blinding of IVM and control doses, and IVM-characteristic AEs in controls, the integrity of the study’s control arm was violated. Some useful information can nevertheless be salvaged from outcomes of this study’s IVM treatment arm, which had 0 deaths and generally mild symptoms, with AEs typical for high-dose IVM (replicated in the control group) that were generally mild and transient
https://osf.io/u7ewz/
Quote:
If the authors are correct, with actual protocol violations, 38 switched protocol violations and, more how could the JAMA reviewers not have caught this? Where is the news media shouting about design quality?
Old 14-04-2021, 12:24   #1015
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has just revealed that 23% of registered COVID-19 deaths were not in fact caused by the virus itself. Instead, the new data reveals that almost a quarter of people who were said to have died from the disease in actuality died with the disease.
Where do they say that?
Deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) ~ ONS
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nsights#deaths

Old 14-04-2021, 12:32   #1016

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post

Also the risks for your further life by your genetically tampered immune system is unpredictable. It may fight you to death on the next infection by freaking out and overreacting.
I mean almost your entire post was completely devoid of accurate facts, but this one takes the cake.

Just because a vector has RNA in the title doesn't mean it's 'genetically tampering'

Where did you get your science education, the back of a cereal box?
Old 14-04-2021, 12:51   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Glad you brought this up. Let's take a look at this highly publicized high dose ivermectin study which still showed positive results (they say non statistically relevant). Also I will point out that this was a high dose study so speaks volumes for ivermectin's safety. (1500 μg/kg of body weight over 5 days vs the .4 mg/kg recommended by FLCCC). If I did the math correctly, that is 3,750 times the recommended dose!

1500 μg/kg = 1.5 mg/kg

So the "high dose" amount is just a smidge less than 4x the FLCCC recommended amount.

See me after class.
Old 14-04-2021, 13:29   #1018
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
1500 μg/kg = 1.5 mg/kg

So the "high dose" amount is just a smidge less than 4x the FLCCC recommended amount.

See me after class.
Like I said before, I am just a carpenter. 4x the recommended dose makes more sense. Still speaks volumes for the safety of ivermectin use.

In other news, Bill Gates sponsored Monsanto (now Bayer) failed to warn of the cancer risks posed by its weed killers and was fined $289,000,000. This is the same chemical found in most of our corn and soy products. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1KV2HB
This is the same company that we have to thank for saccharin, PCBs, Agent orange, a lot of DDT, and recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH).
I am adding a link that you might consider fringe
THE COMPLETE HISTORY OF MONSANTO, THE WORLD’S MOST EVIL CORPORATIONhttps://popularresistance.org/the-co...l-corporation/
Old 14-04-2021, 14:14   #1019
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Where do they say that?
Deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) ~ ONS
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nsights#deaths
Its a copy and paste from my news page, unfortunately I cannot gets links from there..
However it is reported here by reddit..
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...id_deaths_are/

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 14-04-2021, 14:25   #1020
cruiser

Reddit censored it.

Tags