Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2021, 03:53   #1381
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Cheap, Easy, DIY, Homemade Covid-19 Vaccine

The Rapid Deployment Vaccine Collaborative, or RaDVaC, is a group of scientists working on an open-source, low-tech COVID-19 vaccine, that costs pennies per dose, and can be whipped up, at home, in about an hour. All the materials: saline solution, small pieces of proteins that are similar to those of the coronavirus, and cross-linking chemicals, including one called chitosan [made from shellfish and insect carapaces], can be bought online, with no special licenses or permission. And the recipe is open-source, meaning anyone can use it.

The vaccine isn’t proven to work, and it doesn’t have regulatory authorization.

It also hasn’t gone through huge, lengthy, costly clinical trials like those undertaken by Moderna Inc., Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca Plc and Johnson & Johnson.

RaDVaC: Rapid Deployment Vaccine Collaborativehttps://radvac.org/

More ➥ https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...-are-trying-it

DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY endorsing, nor recommending this product.

Old 27-04-2021, 03:58   #1382

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Cheap, Easy, DIY, Homemade Covid-19 Vaccine

DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY endorsing, nor recommending this product.
No, but you are publicizing it and helping it to go viral (pun intended)
Old 27-04-2021, 04:12   #1383
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
No, but you are publicizing it and helping it to go viral (pun intended)

So lets look at it...

It does not have approval - Emergency approval is a joke, so no biggie there..

It does not have a trial run and approved by its maker, again a joke, so no biggie there..

Does it work? Who Gives a %^&* Just give me the passport
Old 27-04-2021, 04:17   #1384

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So lets look at it...

It does not have a trial run and approved by its maker, again a joke, so no biggie there..

Does it work? Who Gives a %^&* Just give me the passport
Without a formal trial it is useless and dangerous. You are free to dismiss all of the trials for any drugs you wish. I read the results and make use of them. The trial data is always better than the conspiracy BS.
Old 27-04-2021, 08:38   #1385

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So lets look at it...

Does it work? Who Gives a %^&* Just give me the passport [emoji3]
Just download a free vaccination app with the QR code... [emoji16]

Or rub the QR code free on the back of the product and scan it?
Old 27-04-2021, 09:40   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Anecdotally, my second jab was no worse than the first. Of all the people that I know, also no serious side effects.
Which is interesting. People I know getting Moderna and Pfizer are have serious side affects after the second shot.

My first Moderna I had a very, very bad headache and I don't get headaches. I could barely read which impacted my CF reading. Making fun of it but I have never had a headache that bad from a vaccine and I have had plenty of vaccinations.

However, it is the second shot that is the big problem. Many of the people I work with have been laid out by the second shot. No energy, fevers, chills, headaches, dizziness, etc. Hits them quickly 12-24 hours after the shot and lasts 8-12 hours minimum with some being laid out for a few days.

I have not been keeping track of the actual count but it seems that most of the people I work with have been hit hard. At least half to three quarters is a good guess. It is bad enough that we are planning workload and deadlines based on when people get the second shot.

Get my second shot soon so it will be interesting if I am hit as hard as others.

Later,
Dan
Old 27-04-2021, 09:44   #1387

Boat: Hunter 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
..........People I know getting Moderna and Pfizer are have serious side affects after the second shot...........
Interesting............my wife and I and all of our friends that got the Pfizer vacinne had zero side effects and no sore arm on both shots.
Old 27-04-2021, 09:53   #1388

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

The side effects seem to vary widely depending on the person. I've had friends and colleagues experience anything from no side effects up to 48 hours of fever, aches and misery. That's from both the second shot of Moderna and Pfizer as well as from the J&J shot.

I'll find out what I get, as I'll be receiving my second dose of Pfizer in a week. Just a very slight soreness when that muscle was pushed on for about a day after my first shot.
Old 27-04-2021, 09:57   #1389

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Well thanks Gord for publishing.

The Whitepaper is an interesting read, and applies not only to the open source experiments, but is also valid for the commercial vaccines. It discusses the pros and cons of the vaccinations quite well and shows a path to use selected virus proteines directly to create a broader immune response instead of the genetic information of the virus and letting the cell produce them, what seems to be a safer approach than using the mRNA or modified Adenoviruses.

The resulting risks are still similar in possible autoimmune responses and overreactions - but valid for all vaccines minus the possible threads on the DNA.

Also using a nasal spray and smaller doses over a longer period of time seams to be a less stressful way for the body.

Very interesting is, that a 17 year old infection with SARS-COV1 is still remembered and the immune system is able to properly respond to SARS-COV2, a quite different variant. I doubt one of the gen "vaccines" will last that long and protect to new variants.

This technology can also use mRNA and DNA or the disabled Virus itself, it is just a framework toolbox to present any substance to your immune system.

In my opinion, a light immunization with a small dose and broad selection of virus peptides or even with the isolated and disabled virus itself will produce a longer lasting and more diverse immunity, even if it is not very efficient and you get after it naturally a mild infection, reducing the risk of immune overreactions to single proteins.

Any way, a good read.
Old 27-04-2021, 10:02   #1390

Boat: Rafiki 37

I'm not aware of any quality data that tracks normal side effects. Too bad, because it might be interesting to see what, if any, commonalities exist with people who report different levels of effects. It does seem to be all over the map. I personally know people who've had both shots with zero reported side effects. And I've read about a number who seem to have a stronger effect with the second jab.

But part of the challenge of this kind of data is that a lot of these "normal" effects are subjective in scale. Headaches, muscle pains, even chills and dizziness can be quite subjective. People with different pain thresholds or normal experiences would report different levels of effects.
Old 27-04-2021, 10:14   #1391

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Very interesting is, that a 17 year old infection with SARS-COV1 is still remembered and the immune system is able to properly respond to SARS-COV2, a quite different variant. I doubt one of the gen "vaccines" will last that long and protect to new variants.

That's one of those cases where we just don't know yet. Until we've got 17 years of data to work with, there's no definite answer on how long the immune response will be good for. Same way the effectiveness takes a little time to be assessed against each new variant. Fortunately, so far, most of the currently available vaccines seem to be showing good effectiveness against multiple variants, which means they have yet to mutate in a way that causes the body not to recognize it.
Old 27-04-2021, 10:17   #1392

Updated US Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidance regarding wearing masks.

The new guidelines are the latest easing restrictions for vaccinated people and encourages more people to become vaccinated.

People who are fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus don’t need to wear masks when walking, hiking, biking, running alone or gathering in small groups outside. The same applies to dining at a restaurant outside, and to small outdoor gatherings that include some unvaccinated people

Yet vaccinated people should still wear masks in public settings indoors and outdoors where there is a substantial risk of Covid-19 transmission, such as concerts, sporting events and other crowded gatherings.

The fully vaccinated should also wear masks at indoor gatherings with unvaccinated people, visits to a barber, hair salon, shopping mall, museum, movie theater or crowded house of worship. Vaccinated people should also wear masks if singing in an indoor chorus.

They follow mounting scientific evidence indicating the risk of infection is low outdoors, especially among people who are vaccinated. The risk of Covid-19 transmission by vaccinated people is low, evidence shows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote:

“The message is clear: ‘You’re vaccinated, guess what? You get to return to a more normal lifestyle. If you’re not vaccinated, you’re still in danger,” Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said
Old 27-04-2021, 10:38   #1393
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
..........The risk of Covid-19 transmission by vaccinated people is low, evidence shows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
Yet it doesn't show the evidence. Where is the evidence?
Old 27-04-2021, 11:15   #1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Yet it doesn't show the evidence. Where is the evidence?
https://fortune.com/2021/02/19/do-co...virus-vaccine/

Many other links, come up when the subject is searched.
Old 27-04-2021, 11:16   #1395

Just asking?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vaccinated.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	237391  

Tags