Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-04-2021, 03:27   #1426
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Well, got the call for my jab today..
Asked her what it was and was told it was the Pfizer vaccine.. told her I would wait till the AZ vaccine came online again..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 29-04-2021, 03:37   #1427

Boat: Bavaria 50 Cruiser
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Got my first jab of AZ today. No adverse reactions after 9hs and still alive :-)
Waiting......

-Richard (VK4WRS)
Old 29-04-2021, 03:38   #1428
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Asked her what it was and was told it was the Pfizer vaccine.. told her I would wait till the AZ vaccine came online again..

LOL
Old 29-04-2021, 04:53   #1429

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
Got my first jab of AZ today. No adverse reactions after 9hs and still alive :-)
Waiting......

-Richard (VK4WRS)
Maybe you got the placebo
It often takes 24hrs for the flu like side effects to show up.
Old 29-04-2021, 04:54   #1430

Quote:
Why?..
Old 29-04-2021, 04:55   #1431
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Maybe you got the placebo
It often takes 24hrs for the flu like side effects to show up.
Ahh.. the saline solution cock up..

Swiss Policy Research..
Data from vaccine adverse event reporting systems in the US (VAERS), the EU (EUDRA) and the UK (MHRA) indicates that covid vaccinations have already been associated with close to 10,000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’, including anaphylactic shocks, neurological and cardiovascular disorders, and miscarriages. These figures may be an underestimate, as vaccine reporting systems typically cover only a fraction of adverse events.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
Old 29-04-2021, 05:14   #1432
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... Swiss Policy Research...
This explains your ludicrous beliefs, on the subject.

Old 29-04-2021, 05:27   #1433

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Well, at least you're consistent . Sorta ironic that you prefer the vaccine which has had the worst track record so far (although it's still incredibly safe and effective). But hey, you do you .
Old 29-04-2021, 05:58   #1434

Quote:

Swiss Policy Research..
Data from vaccine adverse event reporting sdystems in the US (VAERS), the EU (EUDRA) and the UK (MHRA) indicates that covid vaccinations have already been associated with close to 10,000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’, including anaphylactic shocks, neurological and cardiovascular disorders, and miscarriages. These figures may be an underestimate, as vaccine reporting systems typically cover only a fraction of adverse events.
That doesn't explain why you opting for AZ instead of Pfizer.
I had to look up your source there. Interesting credentials
Quote:
Swiss Policy Research (SPR; before mid-May 2020, Swiss Propaganda Research)[1][2] is a website launched in 2016, which describes itself as "an independent, nonpartisan, and nonprofit research group investigating geopolitical propaganda in Swiss and international media". While the editors of the site are unknown, they claim that "SPR is composed of independent academics and receives no external funding".[3] The site has been criticised for spreading conspiracy theories, especially relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
Old 29-04-2021, 06:01   #1435
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
This explains your ludicrous beliefs, on the subject.
Ahh... More ignorant assumptions on my beliefs..
Go back to what your best at Gord.. trolling the net for stuff to copy and paste to create or pump up threads and re-enforce your beliefs and quit trying to put people in your Selective boxes.. You suck at it.
If I choose to decide what is put in my body it's no concern of yours and I decided a few months back I would opt for the AZ jab.. Opps.. Looks like I just fell out of one of your boxes..

"Seven people have died from unusual blood clots after getting the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, the medicines regulator has confirmed to the BBC.

In total, 30 people out of 18 million vaccinated by 24 March had these clots.

It is still not clear if they are just a coincidence or a genuine side effect of the vaccine."

I believe this now stands at 78 incidences and 19 deaths out of 30million doses.
So I have passed my Pfizer shot on to someone else...
Roll those dice boyo..

Old 29-04-2021, 06:09   #1436

Quote:

Swiss Policy Research..
Data from vaccine adverse event reporting systems in the US (VAERS), the EU (EUDRA) and the UK (MHRA) indicates that covid vaccinations have already been associated with close to 10,000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’, including anaphylactic shocks, neurological and cardiovascular disorders, and miscarriages. These figures may be an underestimate, as vaccine reporting systems typically cover only a fraction of adverse events.
US: 234,000,000 vaccinations to date
UK & Europe: 33,000,000 (UK) + 30,000,000 (guesstimate: EU)

Assuming from the above that there were approx 20,000 deaths or serious adverse reactions in the US, UK and EU, the odds of dying or having a serious reaction to vaccination is so far

20,000/294,000,000 = 0.00067%. Or 1 in 14850

Have you actually read any of the VAERS reports? I have, and many are self-reported by non-medical personnel or family members, many have not been investigated or validated, and some look like coincidences. So I suspect that the actual number of serious side-effects or death from COVID vaccination is lower than the VAERS total.

In many places in the US, the odds of being exposed to someone with COVID-19 could be greater than 50%. The current case fatality rate (CFR) of COVID in the US is 1.9%, the UK is 2.9%. The odds of having lasting health effects from COVID are estimated as 5% in the UK.

So... do you feel lucky?
Old 29-04-2021, 06:20   #1437
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Well, at least you're consistent . Sorta ironic that you prefer the vaccine which has had the worst track record so far (although it's still incredibly safe and effective). But hey, you do you .
I believe Pfizer has an advisory against people with allergies taking the vaccine, I am allergic to Eucalyptus and happen to live in a country where this is widely grown and harvested..
"These respiratory allergy symptoms make breathing difficult. The accumulation of mucus in the nasal and sinus passages marks a complete respiratory reaction to the pollen allergens."
There are periods when I have to suck on a Symbicort Turbohaler to breathe comfortably enough to sleep at night.
So.. my options are possible anaphylactic failure or a 1 in a million chance of a blood clot.
Roll the dice boyo..

Old 29-04-2021, 06:23   #1438
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
US: 234,000,000 vaccinations to date
UK & Europe: 33,000,000 (UK) + 30,000,000 (guesstimate: EU)

Assuming from the above that there were approx 20,000 deaths or serious adverse reactions in the US, UK and EU, the odds of dying or having a serious reaction to vaccination is so far

20,000/294,000,000 = 0.00067%. Or 1 in 14850

Have you actually read any of the VAERS reports? I have, and many are self-reported by non-medical personnel or family members, many have not been investigated or validated, and some look like coincidences. So I suspect that the actual number of serious side-effects or death from COVID vaccination is lower than the VAERS total.

In many places in the US, the odds of being exposed to someone with COVID-19 could be greater than 50%. The case fatality rate (CFR) in the US is 3.4%. The odds of having lasting health effects from COVID are estimated as 5% in the UK.

So... do you feel lucky?
I'm not called Lucky Jim for nothing... and my underwear remains unstained.. Bidets are wonderful..
Hell.!!! How many times have members of CF said I'm lucky..

Old 29-04-2021, 06:28   #1439

Quote:
I believe Pfizer has an advisory against people with allergies taking the vaccine, I am allergic to Eucalyptus and happen to live in a country where this is widely grown and harvested..
"These respiratory allergy symptoms make breathing difficult. The accumulation of mucus in the nasal and sinus passages marks a complete respiratory reaction to the pollen allergens."
There are periods when I have to suck on a Symbicort Turbohaler to breathe comfortably enough to sleep at night.
So.. my options are possible anaphylactic failure or a 1 in a million chance of a blood clot.
Roll the dice boyo..
Nothing wrong with using a simple process of elimination. I ruled out the Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines - just not comfortable with the unclear test data from China. That only left Aztrazenica as an available choice. Not sure what I'll choose for dose #2.
Old 29-04-2021, 06:29   #1440

Quote:
Roll the dice boyo..

It's always prudent to consider such preconditions when considering vaccination. You do know that the same condition (and your age) put you at much higher risk for developing breathing difficulties and hospitalization should you - God forbid - catch COVID?

Tags