Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-04-2021, 06:44   #1441

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I believe Pfizer has an advisory against people with allergies taking the vaccine, I am allergic to Eucalyptus and happen to live in a country where this is widely grown and harvested..
"These respiratory allergy symptoms make breathing difficult. The accumulation of mucus in the nasal and sinus passages marks a complete respiratory reaction to the pollen allergens."
There are periods when I have to suck on a Symbicort Turbohaler to breathe comfortably enough to sleep at night.
So.. my options are possible anaphylactic failure or a 1 in a million chance of a blood clot.
Roll the dice boyo..
Like I said, you do you. You've said from the start that you'd avoid the mRNA vaccines in favour of the other vaccine approaches. So you're being consistent. Allergic to Eucalyptus? First time I've heard of that one... Must be a fun conversation-starter .

There have been a small number of adverse reactions due to allergies. I note the UK is no longer advising people with severe food allergies against getting either type of vaccine. But if you have a specific allergy to an ingredient in a vaccine, then it makes sense to avoid it.

https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/advi...izer-biontech/

Quote:
those with allergies, including anaphylaxis, to a food, insect sting or most medicines (where the trigger has been identified), can proceed with vaccination as normal according to local guidelines, as long as they are not known to be allergic to any component (excipient) of the vaccine;
Old 29-04-2021, 06:48   #1442
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
It's always prudent to consider such preconditions when considering vaccination. You do know that the same condition (and your age) put you at much higher risk for developing breathing difficulties and hospitalization should you - God forbid - catch COVID?
I may already have had it..
Who knows..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 29-04-2021, 06:51   #1443
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Like I said, you do you. You've said from the start that you'd avoid the mRNA vaccines in favour of the other vaccine approaches. So you're being consistent. Allergic to Eucalyptus? First time I've heard of that one... Must be a fun conversation-starter .

There have been a small number of adverse reactions due to allergies. I note the UK is no longer advising people with severe food allergies against getting either type of vaccine. But if you have a specific allergy to an ingredient in a vaccine, then it makes sense to avoid it.

https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/advi...izer-biontech/
I don't generally talk about my ailments..
I'm English..
We find the weather much more interesting..

Old 29-04-2021, 07:00   #1444
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Ahh... More ignorant assumptions on my beliefs...
My comment related to your choice[s] of whom, and what to quote [who you choose to believe, and where you get your 'information'].

Old 29-04-2021, 07:02   #1445

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:
Ahh.. the saline solution cock up..

Swiss Policy Research..
Data from vaccine adverse event reporting systems in the US (VAERS), the EU (EUDRA) and the UK (MHRA) indicates that covid vaccinations have already been associated with close to 10,000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’, including anaphylactic shocks, neurological and cardiovascular disorders, and miscarriages. These figures may be an underestimate, as vaccine reporting systems typically cover only a fraction of adverse events.

Not sure I trust or believe these numebrs, and the source is dubious at best.
You are more likely to die in a car crash than from a covd vaccine...
Old 29-04-2021, 07:03   #1446

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
I don't generally talk about my ailments..
I'm English..
We find the weather much more interesting..
I thought that was a Canadian thing . We have a lot of weather in this big country .
Old 29-04-2021, 07:07   #1447

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
Not sure I trust or believe these numebrs, and the source is dubious at best.
You are more likely to die in a car crash than from a covd vaccine...

In follow-up, the total worldwide deaths of 10,000 may be correct. Below is excerpted from CDC... please pay attention to the occurence rate... incredibly low!!!

Over 230 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 26, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 3,848 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.
Old 29-04-2021, 07:10   #1448
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Allergic to Eucalyptus? First time I've heard of that one... Must be a fun conversation-starter .
Actually there's a funny story about how I found out..
I had over several years been going through periods of breathing difficulties which were getting worse each year.. put it down to pollution from a motorway near to us and wind direction.. anyway, the missus bought one of those small humidifiers that you put some water in and some essential oil to aromatise the air.. figured eucalyptus oil would ease my breathing..
Within half an hour I was gasping for air and had to stagger out onto the veranda to get air back into my lungs.
Good intentions and all that.. I mean, everyone says eucalyptus is good for the respiratory system.. Right.???

Old 29-04-2021, 10:39   #1449
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
My comment related to your choice[s] of whom, and what to quote [who you choose to believe, and where you get your 'information'].
Just coz I post things, don't assume I believe them..
With stuff like this I just search a general question then stick what may be the most controversial result on here..
Then just watch the links fly up.. Covid Sport

Old 29-04-2021, 11:25   #1450
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Just coz I post things, don't assume I believe them..
With stuff like this I just search a general question then stick what may be the most controversial result on here..
Then just watch the links fly up.. Covid Sport
In which case, I retract, and apologise for, my earlier comment, characterising your beliefs as ludicrous.
It appears, you're simply a lying a-hole.

Old 29-04-2021, 11:48   #1451
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Have you actually read any of the VAERS reports? I have, and many are self-reported by non-medical personnel or family members, many have not been investigated or validated, and some look like coincidences. So I suspect that the actual number of serious side-effects or death from COVID vaccination is lower than the VAERS total.....
Read some more VAERS reports here (narrowed down to under 60 and died the same or next day)https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi...ID19)&DIED=Yes
Look at the SMQs. Of the ones that say "anaphylactic reaction" (there are 58 of them here), you don't have to be a pathologist to see that these are deaths from the covid shot. Yet how many of these deaths have you heard of? Here is the official CDC statement on the subject:
Quote:
To date, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html
Vaers does not detect a pattern. Is this word trickery? Is Vaers designed to detect a pattern? Do you see a pattern? I see a pattern. Anaphylactic reaction then death. All you hear about is people surviving the anaphylactic reactions. You can not read through these and say there is no pattern. So what you say? 58 undeniable deaths from covid vaccine, benefits still outweigh the risks? These are just the reported ones that they decided to let into their database. (yes, vaers is CDC/FDA, the ones that are lying to us). Point is, they would rather issue misleading statements than admit the truth which is that these deaths are undeniably from those shots even though the data is there for everyone to see. Why did I even bother to post this? Thank mr. LE. It is not that easy to know what the truth is but it easy to see that we are being deceived. When someone lies to me, I no longer trust them, simple as that. Now I will be told that the deception is necessary for our own good.
Old 29-04-2021, 11:52   #1452

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

There is no known rational reason not to get vaccinated by any of the vaccines in the US and probably the world. I do feel it's everyone's right to chose though. After all, there are plenty of irrational people.
Old 29-04-2021, 11:58   #1453
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
In which case, I retract, and apologise for, my earlier comment, characterising your beliefs as ludicrous.
It appears, you're simply a lying a-hole.

Ohhh..!!! Hissy Hissy... still making assumptions old man..

Old 29-04-2021, 12:03   #1454
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
........ lying a-hole.
Storm tactics? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_...20and%20waves.
Old 29-04-2021, 12:19   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Read some more VAERS reports here (narrowed down to under 60 and died the same or next day)
Look at the SMQs. Of the ones that say "anaphylactic reaction" (there are 58 of them here), you don't have to be a pathologist to see that these are deaths from the covid shot.
I don't doubt that some may die because of a reaction to a covid vaccine. But you're now talking 60 people out of 234 million vaccinations. Calculate that fatality rate for us, would you? It's probably below an American's chance of being struck by lightning...
Quote:
So what you say? 58 undeniable deaths from covid vaccine, benefits still outweigh the risks?
YES! Hell YES! 60 deaths out of 234 million?? Abso-f#@%ing-loutely. Massive risk/benefit ratio. If the number was actually 6000 deaths out of 234 million... still a massive risk/benefit ratio. I'm very certain that most of the 585,000 Americans who died from COVID would have gladly embraced a vaccination with those odds, if offered.

Quote:
Why did I even bother to post this? Thank mr. LE. It is not that easy to know what the truth is but it easy to see that we are being deceived. When someone lies to me, I no longer trust them, simple as that. Now I will be told that the deception is necessary for our own good.
It's easy to see that you don't understand risk/benefit ratios.

What deception? We all know about it...

Tags