Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2021, 05:14   #136

Boat: Pearson 10M
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Well, it was the science that produced this mess by medling with genetics...
So now you can no longer support your prior argument so now moving on to a new one, do I have that right? Please elaborate meddling with genetics, how? By who? To what end? Regardless it doesn't change the underlying question, vaccines work, this vaccine works particularly well. Side effects of statistically rare and often short-lived and minimal. Even in the worst cases very few deaths have been attributed to the vaccine and it is a minuscule amount compared to the death and long-term consequences of Covid. Do you agree now or is this just my inner zombie talking?
Old 09-06-2021, 05:25   #137

Boat: J/88

For the most part what we see are differences of opinion above in this thread. Sadly we seem to have lost our tolerance for beliefs other than our own and often attempt to bully those on the other side into compliance through a variety of tools including moving more toward the poles on the issues.
Both sides are very guilty of this if you can step back and suspend your own beliefs for a moment.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:34   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
For the most part what we see are differences of opinion above in this thread. Sadly we seem to have lost our tolerance for beliefs other than our own and often attempt to bully those on the other side into compliance through a variety of tools including moving more toward the poles on the issues.
Both sides are very guilty of this if you can step back and suspend your own beliefs for a moment.
Opinions will certainly differ. However science is not a belief, it is a distillation of data derived from a detailed investigation. To arrive at a scientific certainty, the testing is repeated by others, repeat it again, and examined by many. There is of course more data to come on the efficacy and long-term effects of the covid vaccine, but all that is available at points to the same direction, safe and effective. A Public health no-brainer, The evidence is overwhelming.

I personally confine my beliefs to religion, politics, and my favorite beer. For most else and certainly my health, I personally prefer facts and the guidance of those who have expertise in the field.

If personal decisions only affected that person, I really wouldn't care and I don't think many would. However in this circumstance, people's personal actions do affect other people. Example, if someone wants to stay home and drink a bottle of vodka every night, go for it. You want to take that habit on the road, now you affect someone else. All I'm saying.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:38   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCouple View Post
It is now confirmed by a quite large study (larger than a couple of the vaccine trials) that vaccine does absolutely nothing for persons with natural or acquired immunity to SARS-CoV-2. Of course, the study is pre-print non-peer reviewed, but at the same time no CoV-2 vaccine has ever received FDA license either.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....01.21258176v2

Whether or not this is recognized by politicians is another matter, as politicians follow whatever [junk] "science" is convenient to push an agenda.
"It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice."

... maybe that is why it isn't being followed by politicians or others?

The sample population was geographically limited (Ohio), and the authors admit that new variants not yet in their area could cause break-throughs. Then they follow up with a clunker:

Quote:
...it is not known how well these results will hold if or when some of the newer variants of concern become prominent. However, if prior infection does not afford protection against some of the newer variants of concern, there is little reason to suppose that the currently available vaccines would either. Vaccine breakthrough infections with variants have indeed been reported
Profoundly unscientific; several studies report that a full course of most of the vaccines does offer protection from the variants, dependent on the variant and the vaccine. Vaccines generate a uniformly stronger immunity, and can (by luck or by design) present a "broader" viral target, than a single-strain natural infection.

But let's ignore all that; it still remains an economic reality that it's simply cheaper and more reliable to vaccinate than to run full COVID antibody tests on everyone.

Do I need to mention again that getting the vaccine is a few orders of magnitude less risky than actually catching COVID?
Old 09-06-2021, 06:57   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandepagnier View Post
There is no historical precedent and no moral way to require or insist someone inject something into their body, especially now that has been developed in the last few months using technology only a few years old.
Um, yes there is - the military, for one. And there are several countries or regions where vaccination has been a requirement or a strong recommendation for entry. And we all know the wisdom of getting certain inoculations (eg hepatitis) before traveling to some countries. So yeah, precedent.
Quote:
Other issues we face (soil erosion, phosphate shortage, climate change) to name only a few all pose far greater risks to human life over the next 50 years but are largely ignored. We could have simply ignored this one, and there would still be too many of us.
Climate change - largely ignored? Too funny. But I agree that CC and the other concerns are not receiving the attention and response they require.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:08   #141

Well if one is seeking expert medical guidance regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, there is the insightful remarks from Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who was testifying in favor of Ohio State House Bill 248, which would ban businesses or the government from requiring vaccinations.

Link below to a 52 second long video:

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/watch...ick-to-people/

Old 09-06-2021, 08:20   #142

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Well if one is seeking expert medical guidance regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, there is the insightful remarks from Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who was testifying in favor of Ohio State House Bill 248, which would ban businesses or the government from requiring vaccinations.

Link below to a 52 second long video:

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/watch...ick-to-people/

"expert" medical guidance indeed!

A "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine", not exactly "expertise" in immunology, virology or public health.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:26   #143

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

You guys are still doing covid? In Florida we've moved on. Only the UPS store and Uber/Lfyt are still doing masks (and maybe the local .gov, I dont interact with them much).
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30   #144
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Dr. Sherri Tenpenny claimed that vaccinations are “magnetized” and that metal objects such as keys, forks, and spoons can stick to vaccinated people. Oh, and she prefaced that comment by noting “I’m sure you’ve seen it on the Internet.”
But wait, there’s more! She also brought in the dangers of 5G cellular towers. “There’s been people who have long suspected that there’s been some sort of an interface, ‘yet to be defined’ interface, between what’s being injected in these shots and all of the 5G towers” she added.

Contrails, fluoridation, pizza-gate ...
Thank Q, our saviour will be restored to power by this summer.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:39   #145

Boat: Chris Craft Roamer 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooglas View Post
And you are self-identified as immune? Hope you won't feel bad when I ask you to prove it rather than simply operate on the honor system.
Not self-identified. Blood test identified. We participated in a clinical study a year ago after we both tested positive for CoV-2, but neither of us was affected by the virus.

If you care to learn more, look up "pre-existing immunity SARS-CoV-2". CoV-2 is not as "novel" as they first claimed. The studies have long since been peer reviewed and are published on NIH. But largely ignored in favor of the "panic response" that the general public and media loves. And as also witnessed here, with endless pontificating on the subject. Some people no longer have a life and have become virus-crazed.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:43   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Dr. Sherri Tenpenny claimed that vaccinations are “magnetized” and that metal objects such as keys, forks, and spoons can stick to vaccinated people. Oh, and she prefaced that comment by noting “I’m sure you’ve seen it on the Internet.”
But wait, there’s more! She also brought in the dangers of 5G cellular towers. “There’s been people who have long suspected that there’s been some sort of an interface, ‘yet to be defined’ interface, between what’s being injected in these shots and all of the 5G towers” she added.

Contrails, fluoridation, pizza-gate ...
Thank Q, our saviour will be restored to power by this summer.
I wish that was true, it would be a great party trick!
Old 09-06-2021, 08:44   #147
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Not self-identified. Blood test identified. We participated in a clinical study a year ago after we both tested positive for CoV-2, but neither of us was affected by the virus.

If you care to learn more, look up "pre-existing immunity SARS-CoV-2". CoV-2 is not as "novel" as they first claimed. The studies have long since been peer reviewed and are published on NIH. But largely ignored in favor of the "panic response" that the general public and media loves. And as also witnessed here, with endless pontificating on the subject. Some people no longer have a life and have become virus-crazed.
Exactimo.. why waste a good virus that you can bury so much $hite under while no one's looking..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:09   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Exactimo.. why waste a good virus that you can bury so much $hite under while no one's looking..
Look down to see where the $hite is buried. What you will find is 500, 000 plus dead in the US. Who is looking? Anybody who's paying attention.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:19   #149
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... If you care to learn more, look up "pre-existing immunity SARS-CoV-2". CoV-2 is not as "novel" as they first claimed. The studies have long since been peer reviewed and are published on NIH. But largely ignored in favor of the "panic response" that the general public and media loves. And as also witnessed here, with endless pontificating on the subject. Some people no longer have a life and have become virus-crazed.
Interesting.
Perhaps, you'd be so kind as to provide a link?

Old 09-06-2021, 09:22   #150
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Omg what nonsense. When you have recovered from Covid, the vaccine jab works like a booster. If you are a sickly weakling, you may well need that, because even though you didn’t die from your Covid infection, your immune system is bad enough that you may get sick again.

If I would’ve had an organ transplant, hiv, cancer (chemo therapy) or any auto immune disease, I would get that booster jab for sure. In that case you should also get the yearly flu jab and they can just put a Covid booster in that cocktail as well.