Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2021, 07:44   #196

Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

How much protection you get from one shot of the Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Moderna vaccines

The latest real-world data: One shot significantly reduces infections and transmission.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

What percentage efficacy means

Percentage efficacy for vaccines refers to the proportion of people that get full protection after a vaccine. With 80% efficacy, 80% of people have full protection, and 20% don't.

For those who get full protection the first time around, the second shot improves the quality of the immune response and its durability.

For the people who don't get full protection with the first shot, some will get full protection after the second dose. Some people won't ever get full protection from a vaccine because their immune system doesn't respond at all.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:52   #197

'Joints for Jabs' program in Washington state offers free weed to those getting COVID-19 vaccine

Officials at the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board on Monday gave state licensed cannabis retailers permission to offer one pre-rolled marijuana joint "to adult consumers who receive a vaccination at an in-store vaccination clinic."

Hmmm, so now I am left pondering, if I should implement a similar incentive program at my work places to further encourage my employees and suppliers and customers to become vaccinated. May be to couple this with our end of the work week Friday Happy Hours sessions. A jab, a joint and a cold beer.

https://www.wtae.com/article/joints-...7T_2zZOdyR9P4#

Old 10-06-2021, 11:55   #198
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
The majority of US pro-ivermectin articles seem to be spun from the same origin story - FLCCC and Drs Marik and Kory.

It sounds... miraculous. Yet, in formal trials, ivermectin has apparently not offered significant improvement in outcomes, and also has its own drawbacks, hence it hasn't been recommended widely.

Why is this? This is where its proponents yell "conspiracy" - that effective and cheap treatments are being blocked by Big Pharma so that they can make piles of money from vaccines.

It's hard to make sense from all the noise on both sides, but here is my take, based on all that I've read to date.
  1. The majority of COVID patients recover regardless of the treatment, so it's hard to pin down whether any specific regimen makes the difference between life and death. To paraphrase one article: if you give every COVID patient lime Jello daily, and the majority recover... is lime Jello an effective treatment for COVID?
  2. Especially at the start of the pandemic, doctors were trying everything, and often in combinations. If there's an apparent difference, how do you decide what made the difference? One doctor told me that initially using conventional settings on intubated COVID patients had poor outcomes; it took a while to figure out the most effective settings. So... improvements in outcomes have come from many corners; no single silver bullet has emerged.
  3. If ivermectin really was a miracle cure... we'd know by now. As the poorer countries wait for vaccines, they're going to be desperately trying anything and everything - especially such an inexpensive and widely available drug, and no "Big Pharma" would be able to deter them. And it would be obvious if such a drug was making a dramatic improvement.
  4. I don't see the FLCCC sending doctors into the poorest and hardest-hit countries, and being hailed as heroes for stopping the tide of COVID deaths.
So, that's this layman's take. Maybe I'm just too naive to see the conspiracy angle.
In Canada doctors are not allowed to prescribe existing treatments or speak the truth about effective treatments nor vaccine adverse events.https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...y-is-unpopular https://www.aier.org/article/canadia...eing-censored/No wonder you are so naive. But with the same access to google that I have, it is easy to look beyond the first page of sponsored results and find some actual science. The US CDC has been exposed for publishing misinformation and is suspect of withholding adverse event data.https://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-...-investigation Only one of the well over 50 ivermectin trials shows negligible (although still favorable results). This was the trial funded by big pharma that used a control group that had already been taking ivermectin. There is a smear campaign against any existing effective meds against covid. The Lancet even published a fraudulent study that had to be retracted.https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext,https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7574088/ Mexico city made a dramatic turnaround of covid hospitalizations due to ivermectin.https://trialsitenews.com/mexico-cit...pitalizations/ This site provides links to 57 studies verifying effectiveness of ivermectin: https://ivmmeta.com/ The drug Colchichine has shown remarkable improvements in death rates but who has ever even heard of it?
Old 10-06-2021, 13:30   #199

Boat: X442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
In Canada doctors are not allowed to prescribe existing treatments or speak the truth about effective treatments nor vaccine adverse events.https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...y-is-unpopular https://www.aier.org/article/canadia...eing-censored/No wonder you are so naive. But with the same access to google that I have, it is easy to look beyond the first page of sponsored results and find some actual science. The US CDC has been exposed for publishing misinformation and is suspect of withholding adverse event data.https://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-...-investigation Only one of the well over 50 ivermectin trials shows negligible (although still favorable results). This was the trial funded by big pharma that used a control group that had already been taking ivermectin. There is a smear campaign against any existing effective meds against covid. The Lancet even published a fraudulent study that had to be retracted.https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext,https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7574088/ Mexico city made a dramatic turnaround of covid hospitalizations due to ivermectin.https://trialsitenews.com/mexico-cit...pitalizations/ This site provides links to 57 studies verifying effectiveness of ivermectin: https://ivmmeta.com/ The drug Colchichine has shown remarkable improvements in death rates but who has ever even heard of it?
Sadly, without having too much time for conspiracy theories or anti vax types, it now looks like we have been had in a very big way.

There are so many indicators which are not really theories, just staring at us in the face. Main reason quoted to get out of this pandemic asap is to get back to normal. Would that be the normal of very rapid environmental destruction which only really benefits the very few? I find that sad. I also find it sad that the KLM CEO just got his EUR2m bonus for extracting EUR4b out of the state (although now they are firing people after all). Then it is sad that having had this huge crisis for such a length of time a govt such as the one in The Netherlands did not consider putting back some ICUs which they (the same govt) cut out over the last decade (EUR4b could have gone a long way). Or that a guy who died, vaccinated, having been tested positive covid again in my home country actually had underlying conditions which caused his death, and not covid. That was NOT the script pre-vaccine whereby everyone who tested positive covid died of covid, even if said person had been extracted out of a car wreck a few hours earlier.

Oh there are winners. I won't go into the fairly short summary of who the winners are, but it is not anyone on this forum.

We are left divided, arguing over whether you should be vaccinated or not. At least we are just only arguing now, it might still get ugly. Now and then, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb comes to mind... all the same, we have been had.
Old 10-06-2021, 14:16   #200

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
There you go again.. personalising things and seeing things that were not said..
Rise above and view the whole picture and the Games people play.
What was yesterdays 'racist propaganda' is todays investigation by the New Sheriff in town being just one example of the many plays being made around the world.
Build Back Better..

You didn't answer the question. You stated that lives only matter based on a political agenda. Elaborate. Who's political agenda is furthered by dead people?

Last I checked dead people do not vote and do not pay taxes. So please explain.
Old 10-06-2021, 14:42   #201

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Of course not. Don't be insulting. The point is, if you are basing your decision based on science, logic, or even basic risk assessment, the choice should be obvious.

On what basis do you decide that 1 death is better than 107? Please explain your ethical thinking here. This might illuminate our fundamental misunderstanding of each other.

Are you talking about the database listing the number of adverse reactions? These are self-reported (so not critically assessed), and the vast majority do not result in "serious damages." An adverse reaction could be anything from a slightly larger rash around the injection site, to serious anaphylactic shock.

I am as insulting as you are btw...

Well then, that one is easy.

I think I can survive an infection, the chances are 99:1.

I think, if I get infected, chances are 80:20, that it will be a light or no-symptoms illness, over in 2 weeks.

I think, I may not even get infected at all, as I am careful and sailing / living on board has less exposure to large crowds, I live healthy and do not belong to a high-risk group, my immune system is not weakened by constant use of pharmaceutical products, and strenghtened and trained by traveling to different places with light exposure to many different germs. A light exposure to C19 will not overwhelm my immune system and can probably lead to normal immunity.

If I get it and survive it, my immune system will have natural immunity in the future without a vaccination.

So basically my risks are to have nothing, eventually side effects of covid or side effects and long term risks from experimental drugs.

Given the fact, that the spike proteines make Covid a big health risk and cause the deaths, but are mostly contained in the respiratory system by the immune response - and a vaccination produces this poison in your body and it is not contained at the muscle, but circulates in the whole body including the brain - it can cause a much bigger damage than the virus itself.

Chances not getting C19 at all and not getting in contact with serious amounts of the spike proteines are by any means much higher than intentionally poisoning my body with them by getting the shots.

So I bet on the Virus, my immune system and Nature instead of Lab science.

Also the origin and outbreak of Covid, as of SARS and MERS outbreaks in the past from the function enhancement research labs in China shows me, that science has nothing under control and a gen agents called vaccine, developed in a few months with no long term testing shall not be trusted.

I may be wrong, but it is my choice from what I prefer to suffer, and I did my verdict, so I have no one to blame except Faucy, the Chinese and the WHO for financing, developing and releasing this plague into the wild.
Old 10-06-2021, 15:04   #202
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
You didn't answer the question. You stated that lives only matter based on a political agenda. Elaborate. Who's political agenda is furthered by dead people?

Last I checked dead people do not vote and do not pay taxes. So please explain.

Two sides of the same coin, all voters get to decide is Heads or Tails.
Less people, less need for infrastructure, and how many years is it since an Administration kept its promise to service/improve infrastructure.. they all promise it but never deliver..
Next you'll say they need workers..
Haven't you heard Bill Gates, in the future Robots will pay taxes.
Don't worry, your not the first to think you actually matter in the grand scale of things.. we're all disposable/deplorables...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 10-06-2021, 15:38   #203

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
I am as insulting as you are btw...

Well then, that one is easy.

I think I can survive an infection, the chances are 99:1.

I think, if I get infected, chances are 80:20, that it will be a light or no-symptoms illness, over in 2 weeks.
Got it. Pure selfishness, with no concern for anyone else. This, intermixed with completely debunked BS passing as excuses.

Sorry... I actually thought there might be a way to carry on the conversation with you. Clearly, I was wrong. Back to ignoring you.
Old 10-06-2021, 15:40   #204

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Got it. Pure selfishness, with no concern for anyone else. This, intermixed with completely debunked BS passing as excuses.

Sorry... I actually thought there might be a way to carry on the conversation with you. Clearly, I was wrong. Back to ignoring you.
Thank you for finally accepting my decision.
Old 10-06-2021, 19:01   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
...what about this - https://www.mountainhomemag.com/2021...-cracked-covid

Is this Mountain Home article plausible or crackpot or too partisan to be considered factual or something else?
Wottie,

About Us
Welcome to Mountain Home, the monthly magazine of the Twin Tiers and beyond, with 20,000 copies distributed at more than 250 popular places each month. I’m Teresa Capuzzo, the editor and publisher of Mountain Home, and here’s who we are, in a nutshell...

It is a magazine local to Pennsylvania, a state smaller than Tasmania (geographically) with a population of 13 million.

In that context, a circulation of 20,000 copies is peanuts. The Capuzzos seem to run the magazine together: she edits; he writes. His previous newspaper was The Philadelphia Inquirer (also small potatoes).

While I can't speak to the sources for his article, based on this quick research, I can tell you that Mountain Home Magazine falls under your "something else" categorization.

For integrity in reporting in North America, stick with The New York Times, The Washington Post, and our own, Globe and Mail (Canada) or The Canadian Press.

Warmly,
LittleWing77-who-says-
Wottie-is-still-King!
Old 11-06-2021, 15:56   #206

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post

For integrity in reporting in North America, stick with The New York Times, The Washington Post, and our own, Globe and Mail (Canada) or The Canadian Press.
The useful idiot's reading list
Old 11-06-2021, 16:10   #207

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Got it. Pure selfishness, with no concern for anyone else. .
You really should chill with the continuous "selfish / free rider" name calling here, Mike. It's ugly, disrespects others' right to make personal choices regarding their own health decisions and borders on abusive behavior.

And it certainly is not persuasive in any way.
Old 11-06-2021, 16:35   #208
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
You really should chill with the continuous "selfish / free rider" name calling here, Mike. It's ugly, disrespects others' right to make personal choices regarding their own health decisions and borders on abusive behavior.

It is good for the occasional laugh though when bored..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 11-06-2021, 16:38   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post

Here's some more serious journalism for you to diss and avoid
(from a writer who just won a Pulitzer for his coronavirus coverage).

The free-rider thing is real. Not everyone who declines the vaccine is doing that - there are religious and medical reasons - but anyone who's declined it out of covid denial, or anti-vax BS, or for petty, partisan reasons, certainly is. The pandemic is a community problem; it requires a community effort to solve. The more people vaccinated, the better everyone is protected, including refusniks. Anyone who puts their partisan chest-thumping or pet conspiracies ahead of the real need to get as many as possible vaccinated is definitely catching a free ride.
Old 11-06-2021, 16:52   #210

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Two sides of the same coin, all voters get to decide is Heads or Tails.
Less people, less need for infrastructure, and how many years is it since an Administration kept its promise to service/improve infrastructure.. they all promise it but never deliver..
Next you'll say they need workers..
Haven't you heard Bill Gates, in the future Robots will pay taxes.

Don't worry, your not the first to think you actually matter in the grand scale of things.. we're all disposable/deplorables...
You did not address the question. Again, what political agenda is supported by dead people. You made the statement, support it. Bill Gates and robots has nothing to do with it. If you can't support it that's ok too.