Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2021, 16:24   #331

Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
Interesting, posted a link to a January 2021 NIH research paper on the previous page and not a peep from the "science and facts matter" crowd here.
It's a numbers thing. How many of the COVID-infected have died or been seriously harmed by it; how many of the vaccinated have died or been seriously harmed by it? I'm not happy about any of them, but most people know what path will cause the least harm.
Old 17-06-2021, 16:26   #332

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Interesting, posted a link to a January 2021 NIH research paper on the previous page and not a peep from the "science and facts matter" crowd here.

You'd figure that with the recent info coming out about the biodistribution of these vaccines as well as the cases of cardiovascular issues, particularly in young men, what the authors say in this now somewhat dated paper would be of interest.

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Elicits Cell Signaling in Human Host Cells: Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...lUxbZ5HA0ekbYA
Maybe because it doesn't seem that consequential. It notes the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus can produce a cellular response, and that vaccines are using the same approach. It notes we should study this further.

So... yeah, we should. Not clear why you think this is such a big revelation.

Any follow up? That was January. Research is moving fast here. What's been done to carry this forward, and are there current developments? If there is more to add to this inquiry?
Old 17-06-2021, 18:06   #333

One of the things that I will miss about the Covid self-isolation period is scenes like this.

Feel free to post similar uplifting videos that you found touching as to this pandemic.

All the best.

Dan

Old 17-06-2021, 18:15   #334

Italians, getting through the pandemic:

Best stated as a daily appointment to be social.
Old 17-06-2021, 19:00   #335

Boat: Rafiki 37

I will definitely look back at this time with both horror and joy. We've lost two full cruising seasons, and it has been a huge disruption in our lifestyle. But on the positive side, the time with family and friends have been deeply significant. And we've even had our version of your musical offerings Montanan.

Most Sunday's our family gets together via Zoom and we hold a little concert. We pull out the guitars and ukuleles, and various other instruments, and we each perform whatever song moves us that week. One couple has taken to reading poetry. It's been great.

http://helplink.com/CLAFC/wp-content...21/01/nags.mp4
Old 18-06-2021, 01:43   #336
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:

You'd figure that with the recent info coming out about the biodistribution of these vaccines as well as the cases of cardiovascular issues, particularly in young men, what the authors say in this now somewhat dated paper would be of interest.

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Elicits Cell Signaling in Human Host Cells: Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...lUxbZ5HA0ekbYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Maybe because it doesn't seem that consequential...
... So... yeah, we should. Not clear why you think this is such a big revelation...
FWIW*: I, for one, cannot disagree, with the authors conclusions.
"... In addition to eliciting an immune response that suppresses the viral entry, the spike protein produced by the COVID-19 vaccines may also affect the host cells, possibly triggering adverse events. Further investigations addressing this possibility are warranted ..."

* I doubt my opinion is worth much.

Old 18-06-2021, 05:03   #337

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Maybe because it doesn't seem that consequential. It notes the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus can produce a cellular response, and that vaccines are using the same approach. It notes we should study this further.

So... yeah, we should. Not clear why you think this is such a big revelation.

Any follow up? That was January. Research is moving fast here. What's been done to carry this forward, and are there current developments? If there is more to add to this inquiry?
Questions and more question is always a good sign. Unfortunately, I do not have the answers for you.

If you do not find this paper consequential, I would suggest a closer reading.

The key points it makes is that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein may promote PAH, other cardiovascular complications, and/or complications in other tissues/organs in certain individuals. They also state that Paw is a serious disease without a cure which can affect males and females of any age including children and that survival rates for PAW are very low .... with most patients diagnosed with PAH only living for 2–3 years from the time of diagnosis on average if untreated. In short, the authors warn of long-term consequences of COVID-19 vaccines that introduce the spike protein into the human body. They also call for appropriate experimental animal models as soon as possible as human data on the possible long-term consequences of spike protein-based COVID-19 vaccines will not be available soon.

Considering the number of people worldwide who have been vaccinated, I would say this is pretty consequential.
Old 18-06-2021, 05:51   #338

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
It's a numbers thing. How many of the COVID-infected have died or been seriously harmed by it; how many of the vaccinated have died or been seriously harmed by it? I'm not happy about any of them, but most people know what path will cause the least harm.
Yes, of course, all about the lesser evil and all that, but what you do not seem to get from this paper is that the authors are talking about LONG TERM consequences that may not become apparent for another 2 or 3 years.

If the authors are correct in their thesis, then the info on biodistribution of the vaccine induced spike proteins as well as the recent spikes in cardiovascular issues might change those numbers dramatically in a few years.

No studies on the long term effects on humans have been nor could be conducted in this short time span. The vaccinated are the study group.
Old 18-06-2021, 05:59   #339
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nate2.png
Views:	82
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	240508  

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 18-06-2021, 06:20   #340

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Quote:
Yes. Unfortunately they'll also take down a small, but not insignificant, number of the rest of us since no vaccine gives 100% protection. Further, by not vaccinating, they help perpetuate the pandemic and provide an easy evolutionary path for more variants to arise.

(I know you know all this Ben.)
Mike,

I agree with you! My real point is that personal energy management requires us to only put energy into the things we can control or change, and release those that we can't.

Ben
Old 18-06-2021, 07:12   #341
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensolomon View Post
Mike,

I agree with you! My real point is that personal energy management requires us to only put energy into the things we can control or change, and release those that we can't.

Ben
you mean

don't worry about stuff that YOU can not do something about

and if you can do something, do it and stop complaining
Old 18-06-2021, 07:26   #342

Quote:
The key points it makes is that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein may promote PAH, other cardiovascular complications, and/or complications in other tissues/organs in certain individuals.
Considering the number of people worldwide who have been vaccinated, I would say this is pretty consequential.
Quote:
Yes, of course, all about the lesser evil and all that, but what you do not seem to get from this paper is that the authors are talking about LONG TERM consequences that may not become apparent for another 2 or 3 years.
The spike proteins produced by vaccination (and also from infection) are short-lived. So, it's my takeaway that the PAH reaction would develop almost immediately... or not at all. The PAH response as described is not some ticking time-bomb that would develop months after the vaccination/infection. Enough people were part of early trials that if PAH or similar adverse reactions were occurring, immediately or delayed, in significant numbers, we would likely know by now.
Old 18-06-2021, 07:29   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
you mean

don't worry about stuff that YOU can not do something about

and if you can do something, do it and stop complaining
Old 18-06-2021, 07:36   #344

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
The spike proteins produced by vaccination (and also from infection) are short-lived. So, it's my takeaway that the PAH reaction would develop almost immediately... or not at all. The PAH response as described is not some ticking time-bomb that would develop months after the vaccination/infection. Enough people were part of early trials that if PAH or other adverse reactions were occurring, immediately or delayed, in significant numbers, we would likely know by now.
Or in some years...

When vaccinated are hospitalized and dying, get blood clothes in their brains and hearts, have severe autoimmune responses to otherwise harmless illnesses and other nice collateral issues...

The matter of fact is, we don't know yet, what damage the new experimental mRNA and vector vaccines cause in our body long term.
Old 18-06-2021, 08:00   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Or in some years...
You obviously didn't read or understand the linked paper. Or understand how the vaccines work.