Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2021, 08:11   #346
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post

The matter of fact is, we don't know yet, what damage the new experimental mRNA and vector vaccines cause in our body long term.
Well we really don't know what the long effects of most of the drugs we take regularly. I am on cholesterol and blood pressure drugs post heart attack that have been around long enough to be generic. But they still haven't been around a long time really.

But I definitely understand the short term effect of a heart attack.
Old 18-06-2021, 08:38   #347

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
If you do not find this paper consequential, I would suggest a closer reading.
The reason I say it doesn't strike me as particularly consequential is because it is largely based on extrapolation, supposition and opinion. They've identified a causal link in one narrow set of cells. It may be significant, IF it is further confirmed. This is why I asked about further research ... this kind of thing would have to be followed up, and rather quickly. So, where is the follow up?

On its own I think it's an interesting finding, and one that could be significant. I'm not trying to downplay it. I take the results seriously, but this paper alone doesn't do much on its own.

This is the nature of how science actually progresses. People jump on one paper or one narrow finding and yell Ah HA! when it reinforces their own biases. So, show me more and I'll get interested. Until then, it's an interesting finding in one paper.
Old 18-06-2021, 08:48   #348

Quote:
If the authors are correct in their thesis, then the info on biodistribution of the vaccine induced spike proteins as well as the recent spikes in cardiovascular issues might change those numbers dramatically in a few years.

No studies on the long term effects on humans have been nor could be conducted in this short time span. The vaccinated are the study group.
IF the author's speculation is correct, this effect also applies to everyone infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It could point to some very long-term impacts of this disease, and possibly from the vaccines administered so far. But at this point it's speculation. Certainly seems worthy of following up, which is why I assume there would be further (and rather immediate) investigations.

If there is not, then I suggest those who know far more than any of us also do not find this paper consequential.
Old 18-06-2021, 08:49   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensolomon View Post
Mike,

I agree with you! My real point is that personal energy management requires us to only put energy into the things we can control or change, and release those that we can't.

Ben

Wise words indeed .
Old 18-06-2021, 11:52   #350

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

The spike proteins produced by vaccination (and also from infection) are short-lived. .
Source?
Old 18-06-2021, 12:23   #351

Quote:
Source?
Seriously?

When the COVID spikes are present (eg you just got sick with the virus, or were vaccinated), your body's immune system attacks them and eliminates them. That's the point of COVID vaccination- hold up a target with a picture of the bad guy; the body attacks the picture, and remembers it.
Old 18-06-2021, 13:06   #352

Quote:
Seriously?

When the COVID spikes are present (eg you just got sick with the virus, or were vaccinated), your body's immune system attacks them and eliminates them. That's the point of COVID vaccination- hold up a target with a picture of the bad guy; the body attacks the picture, and remembers it.
In other words, you don't have a primary source for the assertion you have made, correct?
Old 18-06-2021, 13:27   #353

Here's a CDC comic aimed at kids -- which is about the level of this discussion:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...phic_G_508.pdf

Greg, I get that this one paper appeals to your perspective, but the author's own wording makes it clear it is speculation based on extrapolation from a phenomena that is narrow in their research. It COULD point to something significant, which is why more research is needed. In fact, that's what they explicitly state.

So... lets see the next steps. If follow-up studies show this impact is real, and especially if it is generalized to other cell types, then it might point to a significant long-term consequence of exposure to the virus, and maybe to the vaccines currently in use.

But it's certainly not much to get excited about on its own.
Old 18-06-2021, 13:27   #354
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
In other words, you don't have a primary source for the assertion you have made, correct?

Old 18-06-2021, 14:03   #355

Quote:

If you're sick with a virus, your body's defenses rally to attack the invader and clear it out. Ditto for vaccination. If you have particular reason to suggest that this widely understood process is not so - in general, or specifically for COVID or the COVID vaccines - then it would be incumbent on you to prove it.
Old 18-06-2021, 14:31   #356

2:20 second video: How the mRNA Covid vaccine works for dummies.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threa...ummies.341047/
Old 18-06-2021, 16:01   #357

Quote:

If you're sick with a virus, your body's defenses rally to attack the invader and clear it out. Ditto for vaccination. If you have particular reason to suggest that this widely understood process is not so - in general, or specifically for COVID or the COVID vaccines - then it would be incumbent on you to prove it.
Do you have any idea how ridiculous your reply is? Any idea at all?
Old 18-06-2021, 16:17   #358

Quote:
Do you have any idea how ridiculous your reply is? Any idea at all?

About as ridiculous as not understanding what happens when the body fights off a virus? Or being concerned about the long-term effects of a spike protein that's chased out of the body fairly quickly?

While we await your next retort, here's some more info comparing the vaccine to actual infection. (but also an easter egg for Greg; hint - "liver")
Old 18-06-2021, 16:36   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Here's a CDC comic aimed at kids -- which is about the level of this discussion:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...phic_G_508.pdf

Greg, I get that this one paper appeals to your perspective, but the author's own wording makes it clear it is speculation based on extrapolation from a phenomena that is narrow in their research. It COULD point to something significant, which is why more research is needed. In fact, that's what they explicitly state.

So... lets see the next steps. If follow-up studies show this impact is real, and especially if it is generalized to other cell types, then it might point to a significant long-term consequence of exposure to the virus, and maybe to the vaccines currently in use.

But it's certainly not much to get excited about on its own.
Mike, you don't know me. Pretending that you do, and making assumptions about what my perspective may be or what you think I get excited about detracts from this conversation.

Still, I do agree with you that this is only one, early insight. I would not refer to it as speculation, however. It may indeed lead nowhere and, of course, I hope that is the case, but we can not ignore it altogether, especially if cardiovascular damage in younger people starts showing up at much higher rates than expected.
Old 18-06-2021, 16:37   #360

Boat: a sailing boat

First hand data point from Spain : people who had it are not vaccinated up to 6 months from their recovery.

This was told to me during my shot last Monday by the shooting personnel.

I do not know how this fits with US or EU standards.

b.