Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2021, 04:43   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
... Phizerbiontech is now boosting its price per jab by 60%.
Possibly, even probably, eventually; but where do you get 60%?

While addressing investors, at the virtual Barclays Global Healthcare Conference, Pfizer CFO Frank D’Amelio noted they could raise prices, when the virus becomes endemic, meaning it’s regularly found in clusters around the globe, according to a transcript [1] of the conference posted on Pfizer’s website.

Current vaccine pricing models are pandemic-related, D’Amelio explained. After the pandemic is defeated and “normal market conditions” arrive, he noted the window would open for a “significant opportunity…from a pricing perspective.”

The possibility of additional applications for the COVID vaccine may also present itself. A third dose could be needed for variants and regular booster shots, D’Amelio said.

We believe it’s becoming increasingly likely that an annual revaccination is going to take place,” he said. “Factors like efficacy, booster ability, clinical utility will basically become very important.”

Excerpted from:
EDITED TRANSCRIPT
PFE.N - Pfizer Inc at Barclays Global Healthcare Conference (Virtual) ~ MARCH 11, 2021

Frank A. D'Amelio - Pfizer Inc. - CFO & Executive VP of Global Supply”
“... Now in terms of pricing, let me see if I can hit on that.
So if you look at how current demand and current pricing is being driven, it's clearly not being driven by what I'll call normal market conditions, normal market forces.
It's really been driven by kind of the pandemic state that we've been in and the needs of governments to really secure doses from the various vaccine suppliers.
So what we believe, what I believe is as we move from a pandemic state, from a pandemic situation to an endemic situation, normal market forces, normal market conditions will start to kick in.
And factors like efficacy, booster ability, clinical utility will basically become very important, and we view that as, quite frankly, a significant opportunity for our vaccine from a demand perspective, from a pricing perspective, given the clinical profile of our vaccine.
So clearly, more to come here.
But we think as this shifts from pandemic to endemic, we think there's an opportunity here for us ...”

[1]Transcript https://s21.q4cdn.com/317678438/file...2021-03-11.pdf

Old 19-04-2021, 04:46   #32

Boat: Moody 376

had covid last may. was down for about a week. donated plasma and verified that I had antibodies

two weeks ago got my first moderna shot. day of shot was fine. day two. felt like absolute garbage. chills, aches, shoulder pain, very tired, no appetite (no nausea) went back to work on day 3, but shoulder stayed tender for almost 5 days.
Old 19-04-2021, 05:24   #33
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Things about Pfizer that's don't seem to make the same headlines like a few blood clot incidences with AstraZeneca..

Portuguese health worker dies suddenly 2 days after Pfizer jab...

23 die in Norway after receiving Pfizer jab...

https://foreignaffairsintelligenceco...ovid-vaccines/

https://conservativedailypost.com/pf...ter-injection/

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/ja...unclear-660679

Pfizer has hiked the cost of future orders of its coronavirus vaccine placed by the European Commission more than 60 per cent.

Your behind the times Gord.

Bulgarian Prime Minister Bokyo Borissov this morning said the US pharmaceutical giant has increased the cost of future orders sold to the EU from €12 per dose to €19.50.

https://www.italy24news.com/News/16785.html

Read more: US health officials push for immediate pause of Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine rollout after links to blood clot death.

Wonder where the Mega shareholders of PfizerBioNtech are..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 19-04-2021, 05:45   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
... Pfizer has hiked the cost of future orders of its coronavirus vaccine placed by the European Commission more than 60 per cent.
Your You're behind the times, Gord.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Bokyo Borissov this morning said the US pharmaceutical giant has increased the cost of future orders sold to the EU from €12 per dose to €19.50.
https://www.italy24news.com/News/16785.html ...
Thanks.
So, you’re [news source is] comparing the unconfirmed 2020 advance purchase agreement price [during the emergency, before there even was a vaccine], to new contract prices, negotiated for future 2022-2023 delivery.
If accurate, does this represent 'price gouging'?

Old 19-04-2021, 05:57   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thanks.
So, you’re [news source is] comparing the unconfirmed 2020 advance purchase agreement price [during the emergency, before there even was a vaccine], to new contract prices, negotiated for future 2022-2023 delivery.

Indeed. And besides that -- €19.50 a dose? That's chicken feed. So worth less than an hour of the labor of the person being vaccinated. It would be cheap at €100 per dose; I would have paid €1000 without hesitation if I had not been offered it for free.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 19-04-2021, 06:12   #36
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Indeed. And besides that -- €19.50 a dose? That's chicken feed. So worth less than an hour of the labor of the person being vaccinated. It would be cheap at €100 per dose; I would have paid €1000 without hesitation if I had not been offered it for free.
I guess it depends on where your getting your Labour DH..
Here in Portugal a qualified diesel mechanic costs between €17-19/hr... minimum wage is €665/mth or €4.20/hr.
Now compare Pfizer with the at cost AstraZeneca jab at €3/jab.. now that IS less than 1hrs labour..

Old 19-04-2021, 06:19   #37
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

As for paying for your shot..
Travel agents are doing well on Vaccine Flights to Moscow with the surging demand for the well paid who want the Sputnik V jab now rather than wait for the EU debacle to unravel..

Old 19-04-2021, 06:20   #38
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thanks.
If accurate, does this represent 'price gouging'?
So your opinion is that the Bulgarian PM is an unreliable source...
Good to hear the emergency is over..

Old 19-04-2021, 06:23   #39

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
I guess it depends on where your getting your Labour DH..
Here in Portugal a qualified diesel mechanic costs between €17-19/hr... minimum wage is €665/mth or €4.20/hr.
Now compare Pfizer with the at cost AstraZeneca jab at €3/jab.. now that IS less than 1hrs labour..

AZ is inherently cheaper, and much easier to distribute. The very thing for less prosperous countries.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 19-04-2021, 06:34   #40
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
So your opinion is that the Bulgarian PM is an unreliable source.
Good to hear the emergency is over.
My opinion is that an unconfirmed, third-hand report, from a second hand source is, simply "to be confirmed". I didn't doubt the report; nor did I confirm it.

The initial "emergency" will [hopefully] be over, in 2022/23, with numerous vaccines available, and the new reported pricing takes effect.

FWIW: I don't think that your willful/contrived ignorance/blindness is an attractive look.

Old 19-04-2021, 06:41   #41
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
AZ is inherently cheaper, and much easier to distribute. The very thing for less prosperous countries.
Problem is that Merkel, Macron and the media have done an excellent job of discrediting AstraZeneca in the EU for political ends while not reporting/covering up Pfizer side effects and deaths which by all accounts surpass the AZ ''alleged' side effects and deaths.
In the EU no one wants the AZ any more.. even in the poor Southern parts of the EU.. maybe we can go for Sputnik V, if the EU ever approves it..

Old 24-05-2021, 20:51   #42

Boat: Chris Craft Roamer 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
Totally agree...the recommendations from the government is for the masses who think we all are ignorant and stupid with lots of politics involved and billions of dollars at stake
In this whole thing they are totally ignoring people that have innate, or pre-existing, immunity to coronaviruses thru genetics and blood type. They prefer to call us "asymptomatic carriers" without a single shred of scientific proof that is the case.

Not all people are created equal.

If they can't acknowledge that basic fact, I wouldn't trust any of the rest of what they are claiming either regarding their unlicensed experimental drugs.

Once we see them acknowledging that some people have pre-existing immunity, some people have acquired immunity, and they start doing proper screening for administration of their unlicensed experimental drug, then the whole program will gain some credibility. Until that time it's all about profit under the guise of "following the science" (i.e. "political science").
Old 24-05-2021, 22:31   #43

Boat: 37 Uniflite Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCouple View Post
In this whole thing they are totally ignoring people that have innate, or pre-existing, immunity to coronaviruses thru genetics and blood type. They prefer to call us "asymptomatic carriers" without a single shred of scientific proof that is the case.
And you are self-identified as immune? Hope you won't feel bad when I ask you to prove it rather than simply operate on the honor system.
Old 24-05-2021, 23:08   #44

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCouple View Post

Not all people are created equal.

If they can't acknowledge that basic fact, I wouldn't trust any of the rest of what they are claiming either regarding their unlicensed experimental drugs.

Once we see them acknowledging that some people have pre-existing immunity, some people have acquired immunity, and they start doing proper screening for administration of their unlicensed experimental drug, then the whole program will gain some credibility. Until that time it's all about profit under the guise of "following the science" (i.e. "political science").
The numbers and infections are in a downward pattern since vaccinations became available.
So...all about the profit, isn't all it's about
But Some want to continue the BIG lie!
To go along with Many of the other BIG LIES told by the previous failed Administration of Liars.
People are getting better following science, regardless of imposed politics.
Clearly it's a good thing.
SV Cloud Duster
Old 25-05-2021, 04:02   #45

Boat: Rafiki 37

According to research by Tufts University Research Group analyzing who makes up the vaccine-hesitant group in the USA:

https://now.tufts.edu/news-releases/...-be-vaccinated

Summary:
Compared to other adult Americans, vaccine-hesitant people are younger, have less education and are more likely to trust former President Donald Trump. The study indicates that vaccine-hesitancy and access are both limiting factors in overall vaccination rates, and that these factors differ by race.

White people are more likely to have been vaccinated than Black people despite similar levels of vaccine hesitancy, or saying they are very unlikely to get a vaccine. Therefore, access to vaccines and other factors could be limiting vaccination efforts.