Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2021, 10:19   #526

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielI View Post
I keep looking at this thread in my feed like a person passing a huge accident on a highway. So I admit freely that on this first foray I only looked at the first and last page. I don’t know whether to admire or pity those of you have spent your time arguing with lunacy (in the specific sense defined by Eco*).

Bottom line, I came in to say to those of you refusing to use new mRNA technology, I assume you will all be lining up for the new Novavax vaccine, which uses conventional vaccine technologies.

I’ll add, we can all see the effects of not controlling this pandemic. The infection rates and case fatality rates are known. We know how many people would have to die in order to reach herd immunity without vaccine. Worse, the larger the pool of infected people, the more variants will emerge. The longer this goes on, the more likely a variant will emerge that will break through all the vaccines and put us back where we started.

Governments and pharmaceutical companies may have done a lot to earn your distrust. But it is absolutely clear that without a vaccine, we either need to stay in indefinite lockdown, or face millions of dead worldwide year after year. Sorry, get your shot. If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

* “The lunatic is all idée fixe, and whatever he comes across confirms his lunacy.” Foucault’s Pendulum, Umberto Eco
You probably never heard of escape mutations of viruses BECAUSE of vaccinations. Stick to your propaganda for the masses.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...202-4/fulltext

I guess you deem the Lancet another unscientific fake news antivaxxer lunatics publication, not peer reviewed by CNN....

Escape mutations are mutations that are resistant to the vaccines, so they can escape. The selection pressure by the vaccines enables the dominance of the escaped virus over the conventional known virus for what we already have treatment strategies. By using a single target approach with mass vaccination there is no biodiversity of immunity, so it is easier for an escape variant outbreak among a uniquely vaccinated population and the vaccine itself is the driving factor for mutant development and spread as dominant variants.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0250780
Old 27-06-2021, 11:24   #527

Btw. instead on focussing only on vaccinations and extinction, it would be better to concentrate on a cure and treatment, we will live with covid in the future, there is no way to put it back in the Wuhan lab and contain it.

If we find efficient treatments (there are promising existing drugs already), there is no more reason to fight it with dangerous vaccines on a world wide scale. It is then a normal seasonal cold, we will get used to it and its variants and will develop immunity ourselves.
Old 28-06-2021, 12:59   #528

One dose of a two dose vaccine may provide adequate protection to persons that have previously been infected by SARS-CoV-2

Evidence is building that many people who’ve been infected with the coronavirus might be able to safely skip the second jab of any two-dose vaccine regimen. These results could help to stretch scarce vaccine supplies and are already influencing vaccination policies in some countries. But questions remain about whether it’s the case for all individuals and all vaccines — and therefore how policymakers should respond.

Nature magazine article:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s415...sbbzyo-y4jM%3D

Stay healthy, all the best.
Old 28-06-2021, 13:36   #529

One of the UK's well known TV guys , Andrew Marr caught covid after he had been vacinated , it was the delta variant ,he feels that the vacine ( Pfizer ) stopped him from having to be admitted to hospital
Old 28-06-2021, 13:46   #530

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
You probably never heard of escape mutations of viruses BECAUSE of vaccinations. Stick to your propaganda for the masses.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...202-4/fulltext

I guess you deem the Lancet another unscientific fake news antivaxxer lunatics publication, not peer reviewed by CNN....

Escape mutations are mutations that are resistant to the vaccines, so they can escape. The selection pressure by the vaccines enables the dominance of the escaped virus over the conventional known virus for what we already have treatment strategies. By using a single target approach with mass vaccination there is no biodiversity of immunity, so it is easier for an escape variant outbreak among a uniquely vaccinated population and the vaccine itself is the driving factor for mutant development and spread as dominant variants.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0250780
Perhaps you should consider reading things you understand, because you once again have misinterpreted the takeaway of this article. Here you go I'll make it easy, here is the passage that is relevant.
A reduction in cases leads to both a reduction in the risk of escape variants appearing and a reduction in their subsequent establishment via transmission in the population. Acquisition of additional mutations that are beneficial for the virus is also more likely to be suppressed if incidence is reduced.

The point is less virus the population less chance of variations. So nothing's changed, more people get vaccinated, less virus in the population, less mutations whether they are natural or as a result of a vaccine. Why do you persist with this self-serving nonsense? To what end? Do you like people getting sick and dying? I don't get it
Old 28-06-2021, 13:51   #531

Quote:
Mutations can evade "natural" immunity gained from catching COVID as well. And natural immunity is highly variable, depending on how sick the person got, compared to the uniformly strong vaccine. Unlike natural immunity which is by definition single-strain, vaccines can be designed to elicit response to a broader range of viruses, which is why most of the COVID vaccines have proven to be quite effective against the variants.
Old 28-06-2021, 13:54   #532

Boat: 1998 Catalina 320

Time to drive by and gape at the wreckage again ...

CatNewBee, you truly amaze me. You read all of these articles, and you toss all of these terms around, yet you don't know enough about biology and genetics to pass a high school course.

You are not only a NewBee to cats. You are a NewBee to science. Please, stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 28-06-2021, 15:02   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanachie View Post
Time to drive by and gape at the wreckage again ...

CatNewBee, you truly amaze me. You read all of these articles, and you toss all of these terms around, yet you don't know enough about biology and genetics to pass a high school course.

You are not only a NewBee to cats. You are a NewBee to science. Please, stop embarrassing yourself.
Well I know more about it than you very likely. The point is I not just read them, I also understand most of the publications, sometimes I come to different conclusions.

You have no idea how science work, have you? It is a permanent discussion and challenging / reviewing results to make progress.

I read not only the mainstream simplified versions with always the same messages / propaganda at the end, but also critical articles and contributions of disagreeing scientists. They have often very valid points. The vaccines are still experimental and a health hazzard for many people.
There is a reason, why there are warnings on the leaflet and why this are extended frequently as new issues are discovered.

I get your point of view, being ignorant does not mean to make an educated decision. I am happy, the vaccine worked for you.

Everybody who want it, should be able to get it. It is his own risk assessment. But also everybody who opt out should be left alone and not bullied, it is his personal decission and has to be respected. Since Nuremberg this is an human right.
Old 28-06-2021, 16:03   #534

Quote:
Well I know more about it than you very likely. The point is I not just read them, I also understand most of the publications, sometimes I come to different conclusions.

You have no idea how science work, have you? It is a permanent discussion and challenging / reviewing results to make progress.

I read not only the mainstream simplified versions with always the same messages / propaganda at the end, but also critical articles and contributions of disagreeing scientists. They have often very valid points. The vaccines are still experimental and a health hazzard for many people.
There is a reason, why there are warnings on the leaflet and why this are extended frequently as new issues are discovered.

I get your point of view, being ignorant does not mean to make an educated decision. I am happy, the vaccine worked for you.

Everybody who want it, should be able to get it. It is his own risk assessment. But also everybody who opt out should be left alone and not bullied, it is his personal decission and has to be respected. Since Nuremberg this is an human right.

By understanding you mean misinterpreting everything that was written, yes in that case you understand. Otherwise, no
Old 28-06-2021, 16:14   #535

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
By understanding you mean misinterpreting everything that was written, yes in that case you understand. Otherwise, no
Good on you for continuing to try sagablu, but this really is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. More information, or critical analysis, cannot help someone suffering from this state.
Old 28-06-2021, 16:19   #536

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Has anyone else noticed that the same people who are COVID deniers tend also to be climate change deniers - and in the USA they think Trump won the election?
Old 28-06-2021, 16:20   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Good on you for continuing to try sagablu, but this really is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. More information, or critical analysis, cannot help someone suffering from this state.
It could be a good reason for this:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....16.21253634v2
Old 28-06-2021, 16:38   #538
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfdl View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the same people who are COVID deniers tend also to be climate change deniers - and in the USA they think Trump won the election?
Who's denying Covid.???
All I see is disagreement on how it should be dealt with..
As for Climate Change.. me thinks plastics and toxic waste pollution will get us long before Climate Change will.. 'clean water' is getting harder to find every year all over the world.. not to mention Earth Flip..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 28-06-2021, 16:52   #539

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Who's denying Covid.???
In the US? Conservatives in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
for Climate Change.. me thinks plastics and toxic waste pollution will get us long before Climate Change will.. 'clean water' is getting harder to find every year all over the world.. not to mention Earth Flip..
Again, in the US? The people along the Pacific coast might just disagree.
Old 28-06-2021, 17:10   #540
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfdl View Post
In the US? Conservatives in general.

Again, in the US? The people along the Pacific coast might just disagree.
In the US.. people in the East have been battling Big Government and the Corporations over water pollution for decades and dying in the process.
On both coasts you reap what you sow..

https://www.theepochtimes.com/invest...s_3784809.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasd...h=5fb45cbf5d48

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..