Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2021, 18:10   #601

Boat: 1998 Catalina 320
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

“This world is a strange madhouse. Currently, every coachman and every waiter is debating whether relativity theory is correct.” -- Albert Einstein
Old 30-06-2021, 18:17   #602
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
No, you're trying to call a spade a diesel excavator. The COVID mRNA vaccines do NOT mess with the recipients' genes, and they don't "fix" some sort of issue with genes. Therefore they can't be any sort of therapy for genes.

Not as scary-sounding as you'd like. Sorry
The official narrative has proclaimed that gene therapy technology is not gene therapy. You support that narrative. Now the journal Nature says it is. You are not winning that argument. For you to proclaim different means nothing. Using genes to tell cells to produce a certain protein is gene therapy no matter how you slice it. It is kind of like the peanuts in a Snickers bar (unless you slice the top off long ways). I don't have a problem with the gene therapy label if it proves to be safe and effective treatment. So far we are ignoring all of the warning signals that it is not. When the official narrative is an easy to spot bold face lie, it breeds mistrust. When the manufacturer has felony convictions for lying, it breeds mistrust. When they ignore successful treatment protocols for a deadly disease in order to promote gene therapy (or whatever you call it now), it breeds mistrust. When you tell the truth and promote open and honest scientific debate, it breeds trust. We are being manipulated and lied to and I do not trust it. It will now revolutionize medicine as we know it and probably even lead to some good treatments (I keep an open mind) but I don't like being the idea of being the human lab rat, especially when I am lied to. I also don't trust those that support those lies. Sorry, I am sticking with Einstein on this.

"In two weeks the sheeplike masses of any country can be worked up by the newspaper into such a state of excited fury that men are prepared to put on uniforms and kill and be killed, for the sake of the sordid ends of a few interested parties."--Albert Einstein
Old 30-06-2021, 18:17   #603

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
And what does the table below tell you about overall number of deaths from the Delta strain as well as the number of deaths of the vaccinated compared to the unvaccinated? Data from UK.

And here's a humorous and illuminating article from a former NHS Doc regarding how the selective use of information is used to support a narrative. From my favorite conspiracy site: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/f...ings-breakfast
Lets see what we have in the statistics:

60624 cases in total,
53177 cases qualified for Delta variant
35521 were unvaccinated, got delta, 34 dead
17656 vaccinated got delta, 37 dead

Mortality unvaccinated 34/35521 = 0.09%
Mortality vaccinated 37/17656 = 0.21%

So a vaccinated person has more than a double risk of dying from the delta variant than an unvaccinated person.

I know, 9th grade math is too hard for some here...
Old 30-06-2021, 18:18   #604

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
When presented with the opinions and evidence of the respected experts who are challenging the official narratives you guys call foul play every time.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
Albert Einstein

The only unthinking respect for authority I see is the references coming from folks like you. Except your authorities are sources like Conspiracies-our-us, instead of established credible sources.

But OK, I'll play... Cite where I've done this. I've challenged a few citations when they come from clearly disreputable sources, but there have been some citations which I've engaged with.
Old 30-06-2021, 18:20   #605

Boat: McCurdy & Rhodes Custom 46

Mike OReilly -
I admire your efforts and patience.

9th grade math is generally a gross over simplification of the real deal. It is a useful approximation for solving basic everyday problems.
It is not particularly useful for celestial navigation, spherical trigonometry, great circle routes, GPS, and so on.
The same for the statistics required for an understanding of epidemiology.
I am not an epidemiologist. I have a passing acquaintance with some of the relevant mathematics.
I know enough to know I am not competent as an epidemiologist (or quite a few other things.)
There are a few fields I know enough about to know I am just good enough that others call me an expert while I still feel I am learning.

That is Dunning Krueger. Lots of self reflection and self doubt helps you understand where you are on the curve.
Old 30-06-2021, 18:42   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfelsent View Post
Mike OReilly -
I admire your efforts and patience.

9th grade math is generally a gross over simplification of the real deal. It is a useful approximation for solving basic everyday problems.
It is not particularly useful for celestial navigation, spherical trigonometry, great circle routes, GPS, and so on.
The same for the statistics required for an understanding of epidemiology.
I am not an epidemiologist. I have a passing acquaintance with some of the relevant mathematics.
I know enough to know I am not competent as an epidemiologist (or quite a few other things.)
There are a few fields I know enough about to know I am just good enough that others call me an expert while I still feel I am learning.

That is Dunning Krueger. Lots of self reflection and self doubt helps you understand where you are on the curve.
That is a new level[emoji106]

Obviously epidemiology statistics have own mathematic / statistic laws, that cannot be understood from non-epidemologists.

If you have a group divided by a criteria (like vaccinated vs non vaccinated) and count the death in each group, you can simply compare the results mathematically, there is no room for a differnt epidemologic outcome.

Roughly one in thousend unvaccinated covid19 infected died, two in thousend vaccinated covid19 infected died, this is the double mortality rate for vaccinated covid19 contractors compared to the unvaccinated.
Old 30-06-2021, 19:12   #607

https://youtu.be/tHIYXqMXZOU

worth watching....
Old 30-06-2021, 19:33   #608

Headline: The Delta variant infected almost everyone at a 'superspreader' party in Australia - except the 6 vaccinated people

A birthday party in Australia has been called a "superspreader" event after 24 out of 30 guests tested positive for COVID-19.

The highly infectious Delta variant could have infected every guest at the party had there not been six fully vaccinated healthcare workers in attendance, New South Wales Health Minister Brad Hazzard said on Monday.

"To emphasize just how important vaccinations are … not one of those 24 people were vaccinated," Hazzard told reporters, per the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"I can also advise that six health workers who attended the party, who were fully vaccinated, not one of those people has been infected," he added.

Among those six was an elderly party guest, a care worker who had only received a single dose of the vaccine. Despite that individual's risk factors, they still did not contract the virus, Hazzard said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

One really has to be foolish or stupid to not be vaccinated if one has access to a vaccine and doesn't have a known severe allergic reaction to an ingredient thereof. Yet there are an amazing number of either foolish or stupid, OR BOTH persons in this world. It is becoming ever more easy to classify persons as one or the other or both such characteristic, simply by having knowledge of their hazardous inactions.
Old 30-06-2021, 19:42   #609

Russia recorded 669 new coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, shattering the previous day's record for the largest increase in fatalities due to COVID-19 within a 24-hour period. The 669 new deaths Wednesday come as Russia continues to battle a surge in infections amid the spread of the highly transmissible delta variant first identified in India, as well as relatively low vaccination rates across the country. Russia recorded 652 fatalities Tuesday as a result of the virus. On Wednesday, the country recorded 21,042 new COVID-19 cases, continuing the trend of more than 20,000 new cases reported each day in Russia since last Thursday,

Just 15 percent of the country's population has received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, even though Russia was one of the first countries to release and begin distributing an inoculation to combat the virus.

As part of his push to get more people vaccinated, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced to the public Wednesday that he had received Russia's Sputnik V shot. Putin said during his annual televised phone-in event that Russia's four vaccines were safe and effective, while alleging that Western-manufactured vaccines were not as credible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Hey if Putin has opted to be vaccinated that should be reason enough for every other vaccine hesitant to become vaccinated.
Old 30-06-2021, 20:38   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
The official narrative has proclaimed that gene therapy technology is not gene therapy. You support that narrative. Now the journal Nature says it is. You are not winning that argument. For you to proclaim different means nothing. Using genes to tell cells to produce a certain protein is gene therapy no matter how you slice it.
The mRNA vaccines are NOT gene therapy. They do not mess with the recipients' genes or change them. You and the rest of the antivax nutbar brigade have been trying with your "gene therapy" word games to pretend that these vaccines are some sort of risky genetic Frankenstein move, and it just ain't so.

There are all sorts of gene-altering potential treatments in the wings, waiting to be tried... but these COVID mRNA vaccines aren't part of that. It's stupid, really stupid, to pretend otherwise. Grow up.
Old 30-06-2021, 21:06   #611

how many death from vaccinated people?
Old 30-06-2021, 21:11   #612

Quote:
The mRNA vaccines are NOT gene therapy. They do not mess with the recipients' genes or change them. You and the rest of the antivax nutbar brigade have been trying with your "gene therapy" word games to pretend that these vaccines are some sort of risky genetic Frankenstein move, and it just ain't so.

There are all sorts of gene-altering potential treatments in the wings, waiting to be tried... but these COVID mRNA vaccines aren't part of that. It's stupid, really stupid, to pretend otherwise. Grow up.
They use Genes for a therapy (vaccination), they are a Gene therapy by definition. No matter how you twist it.

Genes encoded in mRNA or inserted in an attac vector (DNA of a modified virus) are injected and sneaked past your immune system encapsulated in nano-lipids to be activated in your cell and produce the harmful spike proteins, what uses to make you sick when contracting Covid and is responsible for both long haul Covid and Covid Vaccine induced long haul sickness.

Both mRNA and Vector vaccines are engineered by Gen technologies.

Nobody needs to pretend anything, besides fringe science deniers who try to frame things to make a experimental gen therapy look like a normal vaccine.

It is not important if the used DNA or RNA encodes the CAS from CRISPR to cut/alter the DNA on purpose or just abuse your cell to produce proteines. You also cannot exclude the possibility of spontanous mutations caused by the presence of the fragments of the foreign mRNA or DNA in the cell and own cell transcriptases / reverse transcriptases.
Old 30-06-2021, 21:23   #613

I am fully vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. When I am around unvaccinated persons or not sure if they are vaccinated, I continue to practice social distancing, limit my contact time and wear a mask so as to protect those that are at much higher risk of the disease than I and I will continue to aid in protecting others and mitigating the spread of the disease, especially the much more infectious and hazardous variants. Continue to help in limiting the spread of this disease and its ability to further produce variants of greater concern.

Dr. Fauci Warned “Breakthrough Infections” are Possible
Dr. Fauci recently stated it was possible to get infected after vaccination and pass this infection along to your kids. "It is possible that you will see people who are infected get breakthrough infections despite the fact that they're vaccinated in general. When you have a breakthrough infection with a vaccinated person, the level of virus in the nasopharynx is lower than if you have an asymptomatic infection in someone who's not vaccinated. We haven't formally proven yet how much diminution there is in the likelihood of transmitting it to someone else, including children. And that's one of the reasons why you've got to be careful when you're dealing with something like the Delta variant. You want to make sure that you get vaccinated. If your children are not old enough to get vaccinated, when they're out there in the community, they should be wearing a mask if they are too young to get vaccinated."

The World Health Organization Begs Everyone to Wear a Mask After Vaccination
"People cannot feel safe just because they had the two doses. They still need to protect themselves," Dr. Mariangela Simao, WHO assistant director-general for access to medicines and health products, said. "Vaccine alone won't stop community transmission," Simao added. "People need to continue to use masks consistently, be in ventilated spaces, hand hygiene … the physical distance, avoid crowding. This still continues to be extremely important, even if you're vaccinated when you have a community transmission ongoing."

This pandemic is a long ways from being over, contribute to mitigating it with your own cautionary and preventive actions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...edgntp#image=3
Old 30-06-2021, 21:36   #614

Interesting interview on C19 early treatment to prevent inflamation and hospitalization.
https://youtu.be/tHIYXqMXZOU
Old 30-06-2021, 21:40   #615

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
They use Genes for a therapy (vaccination), they are a Gene therapy by definition. No matter how you twist it.

Genes encoded in mRNA or inserted in an attac vector (DNA of a modified virus) are injected and sneaked past your immune system encapsulated in nano-lipids to be activated in your cell and produce the harmful spike proteins, what uses to make you sick when contracting Covid and is responsible for both long haul Covid and Covid Vaccine induced long haul sickness.

Both mRNA and Vector vaccines are engineered by Gen technologies.

Nobody needs to pretend anything, besides fringe science deniers who try to frame things to make a experimental gen therapy look like a normal vaccine.

It is not important if the used DNA or RNA encodes the CAS from CRISPR to cut/alter the DNA on purpose or just abuse your cell to produce proteines. You also cannot exclude the possibility of spontanous mutations caused by the presence of the fragments of the mRNA or DNA in the cell.
Clueless and / or ignorant, quite the combination that reply.

Well try to twist this.

therapy
[ˈTHerəpē]
NOUN
treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder.

Definitions of vaccine:

Prophylactic immunization refers to the artificial establishment of specific immunity, a technique that has significantly reduced suffering and death from a variety of infectious diseases. There are two types of prophylactic immunization: passive immunization, in which protection is conferred by introducing preformed antibodies or lymphocytes from another individual whose immune system was stimulated by the appropriate antigen, and active immunization, in which protection results from the administration of a vaccine.

1: a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease.

I think CatNewBee would like to have the mRNA vaccines labeled like an Old Spice deodorant container. Would that be adequate disclosure for ya, or might it be overthinking the transparency just a tad?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old spice.png
Views:	72
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	241366