Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2021, 09:03   #766

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Covid vaccine after having covid

You can always change your mind and get the shot, but you cannot change your mind later when you've got it and undo it - the effects to your health and immune system are permanent after the shot.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:05   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
I'm all for demanding real names and identities on these here forums. Research indicates that this does increase general civility and reduce harsh content.

The mask phenomena is well studied in human psychology. Online masking magnifies the effect, which is why so many open comment areas become dumpster fires of vitriol and idiocy.

If everyone here had to publicly stand behind their statements, I bet our discussions would be far more civil, and far more grounded in reality.
Offline masking in public has worse effects.

Masking is necessary, to keep an open diskussion and an open society as long as free speach and alternative opinions are suppressed and silenced by censorship and social pressure / bullying of the individuum.

Without masking we may not have this open discussion, but for sure we would have the same opinions on the matters, I do appreciate a dialogue with diametral convictions, it helps to quest the own opinion and either change it or test and enforce it by exposing clearer the flaws on the other side or even picking the side, that aligns better with the own values

Since Adam and Eve were banned from the paradise because of eaten the forbidden fruit of understanding (science), they've got the choice / free will instead.

And this is how we exercise it.

There is no way back in paradise once you choose knowledge and free will.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:13   #768

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Offline masking in public has worse effects.

Masking is necessary, to keep an open diskussion and an open society as long as free speach is suppressed by censorship and social pressure / bullying on the individuum.

I understand, and no surprise ... the last thing you'd support is taking responsibility for the words you use.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:20   #769

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
his anti-science/denier/heretic/anti-vaxxder personal physician tested him for anti-bodies, found he had plenty, and told him not to bother to get the vaccine.
Tell him to report his Dr. and find another.

That what 'we' did. In March, my 90 y/o mother-in-law mentioned to her primary care physician that she was apprehensive about getting the vaccine. The Dr. blew it off and said no big deal, that she hadn't gotten it either (she's under 40). My wife went ballistic, complained to the health care provider, and my m-i-l now has another Dr. whose head (hopefully) isn't up their a**.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:29   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfdl View Post

That what 'we' did. In March, my 90 y/o mother-in-law mentioned to her primary care physician that she was apprehensive about getting the vaccine. The Dr. blew it off and said no big deal, that she hadn't gotten it either (she's under 40). My wife went ballistic, complained to the health care provider, and my m-i-l now has another Dr. whose head (hopefully) isn't up their a**.
I guess I never considered reporting or firing my doctor if he gave me a medical opinion I didn’t agree with. Not enough Karen in me, I guess.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:30   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfdl View Post

Snitching, denuciation, opression, mass surveillance, censorship - welcome back in nazi / communist dictatures. Nothing learned from history. There are always good "friends" around to report and smear you.

Did not expected anything else from you guys.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:35   #772

Quote:
Another antidotal account. Our 34 year old son called us last night. His roommate got what he thought was a bad case of the flu, got tested and found he had Covid. They told our son to get tested and he did and found he had it, and his only symptom was a mild cough. And, no fever.

And, his anti-science/denier/heretic/anti-vaxxder personal physician tested him for anti-bodies, found he had plenty, and told him not to bother to get the vaccine.
He has already a strong immune response, and even the CDC advises infected / recovered people to wait for 6 months before getting a booster vaccine - if any. It was a good advise.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:36   #773

Quote:
And, his anti-science/denier/heretic/anti-vaxxder personal physician tested him for anti-bodies, found he had plenty, and told him not to bother to get the vaccine.
I'm not sure if I'd report him/her ... maybe, but probably not (not in my nature to rat on others). But I'd certainly look for another GP; one grounded in medical science.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:38   #774

Quote:
You can always change your mind and get the shot, but you cannot change your mind later when you've got it and undo it - the effects to your health and immune system are permanent after the shot.

You can change your mind and get the shot - after you catch COVID too. But by that time it's too late and the disease will have to run it's course. You can't undo it's outcome and the effects may haunt you for months or even years.

Case(s) in point. Our daughter had COVID late last fall when it was peaking here. She still has not regained her full sense of taste and smell.

A friends brother-in-law from Oregon had a severe case of COVID (one of the first). He has been struggling with a myriad of neurological issues since.

A son-in-law's 77 y/o grandfather didn't think COVID was any worse than the flu. Threw himself a birthday party last October. Four days later he was unwell, went in and got tested - positive. Three days after getting his result he started having trouble breathing - drove himself to the ER - and died that night.

EVERYONE in my family has had the virus, with the exception of my wife and myself (despite having a few 'scares'). I attribute that to following the advice of the people who actually know, and are accredited in, what they are doing.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:42   #775

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'd report him/her ... maybe, but probably not (not in my nature to rat on others). But I'd certainly look for another GP; one grounded in medical science.
If you’re looking for a doctor who will agree with your internet acquired medical expertise, that’s probably a good idea.

I have several friends and relatives who are MDs and they all agree that patients who already know what is wrong with them and what treatment they need, before they even get examined, sure make their jobs easier.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:50   #776

Quote:
If you’re looking for a doctor who will agree with your internet acquired medical expertise, that’s probably a good idea.

I have several friends and relatives who are MDs and they all agree that patients who already know what is wrong with them and what treatment they need, before they even get examined, sure make their jobs easier.
I'm not sure I understand Group. The medical advice is quite clear that exposure to Covid-19 provides some protection, but no medical college is advising that this is sufficient protection. And certainly none are advising that people NOT get vaccinated following Covid-19 exposure.

So if I were this doc's patient, it would make me question his/her judgment in this, and likely other things. This is why I would look for someone more competent.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:09   #777

Boat: Allied Princess 36 MKII

Quote:

I have several friends and relatives who are MDs and they all agree that patients who already know what is wrong with them and what treatment they need, before they even get examined, sure make their jobs easier. [emoji3]
Personally I would not see a physician that feels his *god* complex questioned by my taking personal interest in my own health. Reminds me of the time my ex requested a second opinion when her gynecologist was drugging her to sleep at 6 months pregnant. His *god* complex was injured and he stated she could never be seen in his office again.
FWIW the second opinion agreed the fetus was being drugged, too
Old 04-07-2021, 10:18   #778
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

[QUOTE=Lake-Effect;3438536
Like there, you throw out another baseless, pointless accusation... and I'm to blame? Take your stupid conspiracies and your antivax campaign somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Not baseless nor pointless. I have suggested that you support a certain agenda. You are evading the question and instead responding only with an endless diatribe of insults. We are only left to assume that you do support that agenda since you have yet to deny it.

The fact that webmd.com and medpagetoday.com are running articles questioning the wisdom of vaccinating youngsters ought to mean something to you and some others reading this forum. I have been continuously accused of posting info from fringe sources but no one has identified them. These are questions that we should be asking, not sweeping under the rug. If there are qualified experts stepping forth to put their careers on the line as whistleblowers, they should be heard. Furthermore, we are asking children who are not at risk to put their future health on the line but no one is accepting the liability for the adverse effects (including deaths) that some of them will suffer.
Is a COVID Vaccine for Children Still Necessary?https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...ould-take-time
Quote:
"FDA can only approve a medical product in a population if the benefits outweigh the risks in that population," says Peter Doshi, PhD, assistant professor of pharmaceutical health services research in the University of Maryland's School of Pharmacy.
"If benefits don't outweigh risks in children, it can't be indicated for children. Full stop," adds Doshi, who is also an editor at the BMJ.
The present COVID-19 vaccines violate all 10 tenets of the Nuremberg Medical Ethics Code as a guide for permitted medical experiments.
https://trialsitenews.com/the-presen...l-experiments/
Old 04-07-2021, 10:35   #779

Medscape:
Deaths Drop, but COVID-19 Cases Rise 10% Over Last Week

Quote:
After a steady period of decline, the daily average of new COVID-19 cases has started ticking upward, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, said Thursday at a White House news briefing.

She said the CDC reported 14,875 new COVID cases on Wednesday and that the 7-day average is around 12,600 cases per day. That's a 95% decrease in daily cases from the US peak in early January, she said, but it's a 10% increase over a week ago.

"We continue to see overall low numbers of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths," she said. "However, looking state by state and county by county, communities where people remain unvaccinated are communities that remain vulnerable. This is all true as we monitor the continued spread of the hyper-transmissible Delta variant."
Old 04-07-2021, 10:42   #780

Quote:
I guess I never considered reporting or firing my doctor if he gave me a medical opinion I didn’t agree with. Not enough Karen in me, I guess.
Obviously, you do not understand the definition of 'Karen' (nor apparently what a 'second opinion' is either). But if reporting/firing my mother-in-law's Dr. gets her better care, and/or protects someone else? Then sobeit; we're 'Karens'.

Quote:
Snitching, denuciation, opression, mass surveillance, censorship - welcome back in nazi / communist dictatures. Nothing learned from history. There are always good "friends" around to report and smear you.

Did not expected anything else from you guys.
While I haven't read all your posts, aren't you the same person who is denouncing the established medical system, 'sntiching on the CDC and engaged in character assassination on people like Fauci? And now, when someone takes a positive action to get better medical care, you have a problem with it? You're funny.

Quote:
I don't see it as 'ratting' someone out. It was not done with the intent of get the Dr. in trouble. It was done to get my m-i-l the care she deserves and to hopefully get the Dr. to think about offhand comments she is making to vulnerable patients.