Old 23-03-2021, 05:53   #271
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
BREAKING NEWS!

In a statement today, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) said it had been informed by the Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) of concerns that AstraZeneca “may have provided an incomplete view of the efficacy data”.
The NIAID statement did not provide further details on its concerns.
The message comes hours after AstraZeneca reported, on Monday, that its COVID vaccine provided strong protection among adults of all ages in it’s US study.

“NIAID Statement on AstraZeneca Vaccine” [March 23, 2021]
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...zeneca-vaccine

AstraZeneca said, in its own statement Tuesday, its disclosure on Monday was based on an interim analysis with a data cutoff as of Feb. 17.
It said that it is now completing the validation of its statistical analysis and would “immediately engage” with the monitoring board “to share our primary analysis with the most up-to-date efficacy data.”
AstraZeneca said it would issue results of that analysis within 48 hours.

“Update following statement by NIAID on AZD1222 US Phase III trial data” ~ AstraZeneca [March 23, 2021]
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...rial-data.html

Old 23-03-2021, 06:09   #272

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
Mike,

Your post was spot on, my post was thick with sarcasm. You had made a well reasoned point and I took it as an opportunity to make fun of those who reject the knowledge of experts as you postes over crap they find on YouTube. Sorry if I was misunderstood
My abject apologies Sagablu . It makes soo much more sense in this context. Thank you .

As a friendly suggestion, the emojis like or really help those like me who are a bit thick and sometimes miss the true intent .
Old 23-03-2021, 06:14   #273

Boat: X442

I still think we should close this thread. Injecting too much animosity over a topic best dealt with on eg Twitter where insults can fly freely.
Old 23-03-2021, 06:27   #274

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
My abject apologies Sagablu . It makes soo much more sense in this context. Thank you .

As a friendly suggestion, the emojis like or really help those like me who are a bit thick and sometimes miss the true intent .
You're right Mike, couple of emojis might have been a bit more clear.

However your point is cracking me up. If I read you correctly you're stating at my sarcasm was so ridiculous as to be conflated with the other ridiculous posts. Omg! I'm going to be laughing about that all day.

Stand by, I'm working on a good flat Earth conspiracy theory I'll get back to you.
Old 23-03-2021, 06:42   #275
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
... Stand by, I'm working on a good flat Earth conspiracy theory I'll get back to you.
The Earth's not flat.
It's actually closer to an ellipsoid, or an imperfect sphere.
But that’s not the important feature.
The Earth is actually hollow [discovered by by Edmond Halley [of comet fame, in the late 17th century], with entrances, called Symmes Holes, located at either pole.

Old 23-03-2021, 06:55   #276

Boat: Pearson 10M

Quote:
The Earth's not flat.
The Earth is actually hollow [discovered by by Edmond Halley [of comet fame, in the late 17th century], with entrances, called Symmes Holes, located at either pole.
Thanks Gord, I will be sure to include that in a very modified form in my upcoming conspiracy. Do you think the Illuminati have a secret base in the Symmes holes?
Old 23-03-2021, 06:55   #277

Quote:
The Earth's not flat.
Ah, of course... that explain where all the polar ice is going .
Old 23-03-2021, 08:47   #278

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Motor cycle helmets came into being to save scraping brains off the roads..

Helmets are tested to speeds between 13 to 21mph and are no protection from brain injury and death from direct impact at those speeds.. and at higher speeds they contain the mess really well.

Helmet or no helmet, you’re right that almost nobody will survive an impact with a solid object at speeds most of us drive/ride. But in a crash that starts when you’re riding faster than 21mph, if you don’t collide directly with a truck or stone wall, etc. hopefully your head will only be struck a glancing blow and by the time you slide down the road 100’ or so before you hit your head on another object or the curb, you’ll likely be at a speed where the helmet can be the difference maker. It’s not a guarantee of surviving a MC crash but helmets definitely add some protection for the most vulnerable and important part of our body, our brain. Even at slow speeds, impact with a hard, sharp object such as a 90 degree edge on curbing will penetrate our unprotected skull but a helmet provides a tough outer skin and padding that spreads the forces from that sharp edge and distributes them over a wider area. But for those who love to ride without a helmet, that’s their business since it has no possible negative consequences for anyone except their future caregiver and their immediate family. This is where helmet wearing differs from getting vaccinated to help stop a pandemic. By getting the jabs you vastly decrease the likelihood of you transmitting the virus and that helps everyone else around you, and even those far away.
Old 23-03-2021, 09:05   #279

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Astra Zeneca vaccine 100% effective in preventing hospitalizations and death:

Good news, in my opinion...
Old 23-03-2021, 09:25   #280

Quote:
AstraZeneca said, in its own statement Tuesday, its disclosure on Monday was based on an interim analysis with a data cutoff as of Feb. 17.
It said that it is now completing the validation of its statistical analysis and would “immediately engage” with the monitoring board “to share our primary analysis with the most up-to-date efficacy data.”
AstraZeneca said it would issue results of that analysis within 48 hours.

“Update following statement by NIAID on AZD1222 US Phase III trial data” ~ AstraZeneca [March 23, 2021]
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...rial-data.html
AstraZeneca's clinical trials and data analysis has been oh so unnecessarily screwed up, pretty much amateur hour from the get go. Oxford and the company should be ashamed. Very unprofessional.

That being said: Perhaps very careful review and analysis of the much larger Phase III trial data may avail an ability to accurately and fully assess this vaccine's usefulness and limitations.
So far so bad, :

Fauci: AstraZeneca needs to 'straighten out' vaccine data

Federal health officials are casting doubts about AstraZeneca’s vaccine data just hours after the company announced that its shot is safe and effective, leading the drugmaker to promise updated data within two days.

The data safety monitoring board (DSMB) is an independent expert group that sees trial data before the pharmaceutical companies, the doctors running the trials, or even the US Food and Drug Administration. It has the power advise a company of positive interim findings, or to halt a trial over safety concerns. That's what happened to the AstraZeneca trial in September after a study participant developed neurological symptoms, for example.

Last year, the USA National Institutes of Health appointed a common DSMB to monitor Covid-19 vaccine clinical trials that were being funded by the federal government -- including AstraZeneca, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson. This DSMB has 10 to 15 members with specialties including vaccine development, statistics and ethics.

Fauci said on Good Morning America on Tuesday that when the DSMB saw AstraZeneca's press release, "they got concerned and wrote a rather harsh note to them -- and with a copy to me -- saying that in fact they felt that the data that was in the press release were somewhat outdated and might in fact be misleading a bit, and wanted them to straighten it out."
Old 23-03-2021, 09:50   #281

Boat: porta bote

Maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel for all them "needle" scared people around this world.

Oravax is a new form of vaccine that can be taken oral.
You know, just pop a pill .

Oravax is a joint venture between Oramed Pharmaceuticals(Israeli) and Premas Biotech Pvt. Ltd (Indian?) that will go to clinical trial very shortly.

This should be enough to "google" and keep this train wreck of a thread going.

Stay healthy everyone

Martin

Old 23-03-2021, 09:57   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
Maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel for all them "needle" scared people around this world.

Oravax is a new form of vaccine that can be taken oral.
You know, just pop a pill .

For some, it might need to be crushed up and mixed with jam.
Old 23-03-2021, 10:26   #283

Boat: X442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
For some, it might need to be crushed up and mixed with jam.
… as long as they take it. And if that doesn't do it, it'll have to be made mandatory, by force if necessary?

Like I said earlier, neither pro nor anti but I surely don't like the way our global community is evolving. And as far CF is concerned, becoming quite disappointed how civil discourse has more or less kicked the bucket.
Old 23-03-2021, 10:29   #284
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
You're just wrong on this. Underlying Cause of Death is assigned as it has always been. Someone who has cancer but dies in a plane crash or is killed by influenza is not assigned as a cancer death. It's a co-morbidity.

The fact that they had Covid-19 WOULD add to the infection numbers reported in the community, but it's not necessarily the Underlying Cause of Death.
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/ne...ailure-228652/

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 23-03-2021, 10:38   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

I guess we know who the git is .

Tags
alarm