Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2021, 01:15   #376
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
And it wasn't much before that a typical family had lost at least one child. Do you want to go back to the good old days?
1910 206 deaths under 5 years old per 1,000 live births
1940 66
1950. 40
1960. 31
2020. 7

Ohh let me guess it was all down to vaccinations that reduced the the mortality rate of children and none of the other advances of medicine & healthcare.

I'm from the 60's so there is only so old in the good old days.
Old 25-03-2021, 01:24   #377

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Ohh let me guess it was all down to vaccinations that reduced the the mortality rate of children and none of the other advances of medicine & healthcare.

I'm from the 60's so there is only so old in the good old days.
While you are guessing, do guess that none of the improvement was from vaccines? If you did then you'd be entirely wrong in the US or anywhete else.
Quote:
A greater than 92% decline in cases and a 99% or greater decline in deaths due to diseases prevented by vaccines recommended before 1980 were shown for diphtheria, mumps, pertussis, and tetanus. Endemic transmission of poliovirus and measles and rubella viruses has been eliminated in the United States; smallpox has been eradicated worldwide. Declines were 80% or greater for cases and deaths of most vaccine-preventable diseases targeted since 1980 including hepatitis A, acute hepatitis B, Hib, and varicella. Declines in cases and deaths of invasive S pneumoniae were 34% and 25%, respectively.
Old 25-03-2021, 01:26   #378
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Indeed.
For instance:
Q1: When did the Titanic sink?
Q2: How many people died on the Titanic.
Q3: Name them.
Plus how to survive

https://www.facebook.com/TheInfograp...5808081516939/
Old 25-03-2021, 02:14   #379

Boat: Morgan, West Indies 38 Ketch

I was ready for for my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine after all the 2nd hand anecdotes. You never know. I could have done a Coockoo for Coco Puffs Toucan routine or just floated away and disappeared as one president once said the Covid-19 virus would do. Honestly, I got a sore spot on my arm. Took IB Profin and woke up the next morning fine.
Your results will vary
Stay healthy
Get vaccinated
Be Happy
Peace
[emoji41]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	235192
Old 25-03-2021, 03:26   #380
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
While you are guessing, do guess that none of the improvement was from vaccines? If you did then you'd be entirely wrong in the US or anywhete else.

Well if you looked at the actual data from the 20th century rather than the propaganda spewed out around vaccines you may actually get an insight into why there was a decline in many illnesses. Yes vaccines played a part, but it was a part of a much greater picture.
Old 25-03-2021, 03:28   #381
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

AstraZeneca says COVID-19 vaccine shows 76% efficacy in updated analysis of U.S. trial
AstraZeneca said [1] its COVID-19 vaccine had a 76% efficacy rate at preventing symptomatic illness in a new analysis of its major U.S. trial; slightly lower than the 79% level announced earlier this week, in a report that was criticized for using outdated information.
The latest data was based on 190 infections, among more than 32,400 participants in the United States, Chile and Peru. The earlier interim data was based on 141 infections, through Feb. 17.
AstraZeneca reiterated that the shot, developed with Oxford University, was 100 per cent effective against severe or critical forms of the disease.
It also said the vaccine showed 85 per cent efficacy in adults 65 years and older.

[1] “ZD1222 US Phase III primary analysis confirms safety and efficacy"
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...-efficacy.html

“Phase III Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of AZD1222 for the Prevention of COVID-19 in Adults”
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=1

“How to read a study record” ~ CDC
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/help/how-read-study

Old 25-03-2021, 04:10   #382
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

“The hidden ideological obstacles to vaccination” ~ Editorial Opinion by Santiago Zabala*

"Not only production and distribution difficulties but also ideologies of western supremacy are hindering global vaccination efforts.

So far, most world governments have managed to weather the storm of COVID-19.
Countless administrations that have been unable or unwilling to implement the necessary measures to protect their citizens from the deadly virus are still in office over a year into the pandemic.

This, however, could soon change as countries have now entered a race to vaccinate their citizens against COVID-19, reach herd immunity and, finally, leave this unprecedented public health emergency behind.

Governments around the world are aware that the fastest and least-costly way out of this pandemic is through widespread vaccination and they have been under immense pressure to immunise their populations as quickly as possible since the first safe and effective vaccines were announced in November 2020 ...”

Morehttps://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2...nation-efforts

* Santiago Zabala is ICREA Research Professor of Philosophy at the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona. His webpage is Santiago zabala.
More articles from S. Zabala https://www.aljazeera.com/author/san...28161843900424

Old 25-03-2021, 04:22   #383
UFO

Well forget covid and be more worried about your @#$%^ and the end of Humanity

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...erin-brokovich
Old 25-03-2021, 08:32   #384

Boat: Sceptre 41

From Chuck Wendig...

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2021...id-19-vaccine/

"... I was angry at the politicians who even now act like masking is an act of terror against the nation of their faces, their beautiful faces, their God-chosen God-shined God-blessed faces, how dare you cover up their holy mouths with a crass slip of fabric. So what if it protects others? Protecting others isn’t the mandate of this country, damnit. Oh, no no no, individual liberty trumps communal responsibility every time. Who cares if the boat is sinking, you can’t make me use a bucket to bail it out. That impacts the freedom of my hands not to wield a clumsy bucket. Jesus Christ, I might get splinters! How unfair is that?... "
Old 25-03-2021, 09:05   #385

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well if you looked at the actual data from the 20th century rather than the propaganda spewed out around vaccines you may actually get an insight into why there was a decline in many illnesses. Yes vaccines played a part, but it was a part of a much greater picture.
No propaganda, just a simple fact. Vaccines played a role in the radical reduction of childhood mortality. Only you are the one making nonsense statements like "Ohh let me guess it was all down to vaccinations that reduced the the mortality rate of children", no one else.
Old 25-03-2021, 12:52   #386
cruiser

my body, my choice.

you all that are scared of the common cold, you stay home, ok?

the rest of us need to live.

your mRNA leaky gene therapy aint gonna save you from the common cold. you wanna play russian roulette with untested medications in live trials from drity seedy pharma companies who have never givin a toss about the common man, (im lookin at you bayer, dupont phizer ect ect ect) you fill your boots. but do not dare to tell anyone else what they need to inject in thier bodies

history does so repeat doesnt it? only following orders, right?
Old 25-03-2021, 13:07   #387

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefurys View Post
my body, my choice.
Completely agree. My body, MY choice. You choose to remain a source of infection. The rest of society wants to get on with living, so I support institutions and businesses that tell you to stay away.

We all get to make choices. Those choices have consequences. Personal responsibility ... absolutely .
Old 25-03-2021, 14:13   #388
cruiser

actually, i got a great idea that would make people like you happy and SAFE from us infected disease spreading covid vaccine deniers.

you could just round us all up and, you know, put us in a camp. then, you know, you wouldnt have to breathe our infected air on your grocery trips and in your marinas.
you wouldnt have to be scared about getting our filthy germs.

sound good? i bet it does.

if your views are an indication of the state of mind sailors these days, ill pass.
Old 25-03-2021, 14:41   #389

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

So day 4 as a vaccinated one.... I'm fine. I'm looking forward to spending time with family and friends.
Old 25-03-2021, 14:55   #390
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefurys View Post
actually, i got a great idea that would make people like you happy and SAFE from us infected disease spreading covid vaccine deniers.

you could just round us all up and, you know, put us in a camp. then, you know, you wouldnt have to breathe our infected air on your grocery trips and in your marinas.
you wouldnt have to be scared about getting our filthy germs.

sound good? i bet it does.

if your views are an indication of the state of mind sailors these days, ill pass.
Wot.!!!
No special Showers.???

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..

Tags
alarm