Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 10:43   #256

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: FACT vs OPINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
You misquote Dr. Fauci, and misunderstand/misrepresent his meaning.
What a surprise .

BTW, right on cue, as I suggested might happen:

Don't want the COVID-19 vaccine? You could lose access to normal life, says U.K. minister

Quote:
People who refuse a vaccine for COVID-19 could find normal life curtailed as restaurants, bars, cinemas and sports venues could block entry to those who don't have proof that they're inoculated, Britain's new vaccine minister said on Monday.

"I think you'd probably find that restaurants and bars and cinemas and other venues, sports venues, will probably also use that system as they've done with the [Test and Trace] app," he said.
See, all nice and "free." You are free not to take the vaccine, and businesses are free not to allow you access. This should make everyone happy.

BTW, it's no different than how some marinas bar people from access if they don't show proof of insurance.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:27   #257

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
What is a fool but a man someone who is convinced that taking a knife to a gunfight is prudent because the man cannot discern a knife from a gun? How to reach such a man I think is sort of the point of this thread.
That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

21 foot rule.

Old 01-12-2020, 11:48   #258
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
First, life's tough. If you don't incorporate some model of genetic epistemology into your perspective of human behavior, life is much, much tougher. If you subscribe to tabula rasa and do not full appreciate evolution, you will never recognize that, at times, you're the professor trying to explain to Thurston Howell III that MaryAnn's family is poor because Thurston is a social Darwinist (i.e. relative sociopath), even if Thurston's behavior is socially acceptable.

Believe it or not, people are born with wiring (epistemology) that is minimally reconfigurable via education. It's as though a community of 8 people is like an 8-track tape....no, 8-track LP, everyone turning around in their own groove. In their groove, they are comfortable. Some groves wider than others. But try to change their groove size, get them to look over the edge of their groove and it's literally painful at some level. Really, it's correct to conceptualize "your beliefs end where my feelings begin." This is why one has to "want to believe" something that is uncomfortable...not just because it doesn't feel natural, but they are wired to only feel comfortable in their groove (reference typically intellectual engagement, openness to new experience).

The largess of Western philosophy is linear-thinking made up language, and most all here grew up in it. Western logic is Spock logic, routinely insane. I agree that Gene Roddenbury didn't understand the Heraclitian/stoic version of logic, which is more pattern logic, which is de facto Eastern philosophy. A stoic is not "reserved, emotionless" because they suppress emotions, rather, like Shakespeare, when you see things a million times, it's hard to be emotional....because your brain isn't stimulated so much. You see your place in the universe (i.e. are cosmopolitan aka one with atma or whatever in Eastern philosophy). Comedians, ordinarily higher IQ and metaphorical/pattern logic thinkers arguably become comedians to entertain themselves....as life is otherwise Groundhog's Day...which is what Shakespeare was all about.

So "motives" (~Western philosophy term) of physics. Sagan said that we're the universe describing itself. If you note Zipf/Pareto distributions you perhaps can sort of appreciate that there's some serious stereotypy going on. Largely, with folks in developed countries, I'd opine that people are not clued into this. Too distracted to see their place in the larger order, too drunk with rewards that they believe they obtained on their own, not wired enough to look over the fence, peak behind the curtain, see what's on the other side.

So again motives.....seems like we're tee'd up to watch a show. I suggest that there are no actors with bad motives, just folks who don't know and cannot care when they are on the wrong side of history. Each side, regardless, playing their part. Notably, I'd suggest, some discretion is important in feeding trolls without any apparent intellectual interest in learning, who, from their reference frame, are "helping" the situation (per their wiring) that the more sagacious understand to be historically foolish from any reference frame that has ever existed, or will exist in the next 14 billion years.
I suggest that you just like to use fancy words to describe people in a way that they don't know that they are being insulted. That you think the knowledge of the so called simple minded people is basically a cliché. That only the highly educated are capable of understanding the nuances of the human condition. That average people are too stupid and narrow minded to realize how stupid they are, therefore should be silenced.

I also suggest that you were indoctrinated into feeling that way. Of that "groove" that you refer to as "minimally reconfigurable via education" I suggest the key word is minimally. In other words, you were programmed with a superiority complex.

I found this report that is critical of the COVID PCR tests. If what it says is true, there are serious errors in the entire COVID pandemic narrative. My feeble mind can't seem to decipher where the truth lies. I think that you should take a stab at it. Here is the link:https://cormandrostenreview.com/repo...XDNM8KW7YBd41A
Old 01-12-2020, 13:14   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
What a surprise .

BTW, right on cue, as I suggested might happen:

Don't want the COVID-19 vaccine? You could lose access to normal life, says U.K. minister

See, all nice and "free." You are free not to take the vaccine, and businesses are free not to allow you access. This should make everyone happy.

BTW, it's no different than how some marinas bar people from access if they don't show proof of insurance.
Lol no.

There is no freedom for business

The government FORCES them to kick people out at the governments discretion.
If the business refuses the draconian dictates the gov will try to force them out of business, using lethal force as required.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:21   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I suggest that you just like to use fancy words to describe people in a way that they don't know that they are being insulted. That you think the knowledge of the so called simple minded people is basically a cliché. That only the highly educated are capable of understanding the nuances of the human condition. That average people are too stupid and narrow minded to realize how stupid they are, therefore should be silenced.

I also suggest that you were indoctrinated into feeling that way. Of that "groove" that you refer to as "minimally reconfigurable via education" I suggest the key word is minimally. In other words, you were programmed with a superiority complex.

I found this report that is critical of the COVID PCR tests. If what it says is true, there are serious errors in the entire COVID pandemic narrative. My feeble mind can't seem to decipher where the truth lies. I think that you should take a stab at it. Here is the link:https://cormandrostenreview.com/repo...XDNM8KW7YBd41A
I always found those who feel the need to flex their lexicon all the time we’re just desperate for others to reaffirm “yes dear, you’re very smart”
It’s like mental small man syndrome.

I’d wager most understand they just don’t bother with a response.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:27   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post

It's only fair that if you're going to continue to grace us with the latest conspiracies, the least you could do in return is to learn some new words, so you can be certain that you're being insulted (or not). Highlight the word, right click, search on google. Knowledge!

It's a boring day if I haven't had to look up at least one new word.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:33   #262
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
I always found those who feel the need to flex their lexicon all the time we’re just desperate for others to reaffirm “yes dear, you’re very smart” ...
"Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice"

Old 01-12-2020, 13:42   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
It's only fair that if you're going to continue to grace us with the latest conspiracies, the least you could do in return is to learn some new words, so you can be certain that you're being insulted (or not). Highlight the word, right click, search on google. Knowledge!

Did you read Salingsue’s post before you wrote this?
Old 01-12-2020, 13:42   #264

Quote:
Lol no.

There is no freedom for business

The government FORCES them to kick people out at the governments discretion.
If the business refuses the draconian dictates the gov will try to force them out of business, using lethal force as required.
Maybe in your area. Not here in the land of the free, and not in the story. But of course, you didn't actually read the story, did you...

Many businesses up here started demanding that everyone wear masks before entry. In most places this happened long before any government dictates. Places like Walmart and Costco, not to mention countless local stores, were ahead of the curve in most communities.

It's great business actually caring about their staff and customers.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:42   #265
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

I agree. The largess of Western philosophy is linear-thinking made up language.

Largess. (also can be spelled "largess")

Definition of largesse:
1: liberal giving (as of money) to or as if to an inferior
a philanthropist known for his largesse
also : something so given
projects depending on a flow of federal largesse
2: GENEROSITY
his generosity of spirit, an absolutely natural largesse

But I still don't understand the sentence.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:53   #266

Quote:
Maybe in your area. Not here in the land of the free, and not in the story. But of course, you didn't actually read the story, did you...

Many businesses up here started demanding that everyone wear masks before entry. In most places this happened long before any government dictates. Places like Walmart and Costco, not to mention countless local stores, were ahead of the curve in most communities.

It's great business actually caring about their staff and customers.

Many places have that requirement because the government will try to run them out of business if they don’t follow the gov demand.

For Walmart, Costco and Starbucks, I don’t like huge companies, I don’t like virtue signaling and I don’t like the “woke“ stuff, so I try to not give them my business. Many of the small places around here ONLY do what the government forces them to do, I give them my business

The few who said F’ off and just went on as normal, I go out of my way to support.

JUST like the masks, businesses should be able to make that call for themselves, without gov getting into it, and let the free market decide.
Old 01-12-2020, 13:57   #267

Quote:
...JUST like the masks, businesses should be able to make that call for themselves, without gov getting into it, and let the free market decide.
Which is exactly what all these "woke" businesses are doing. And it's exactly what the story I posted suggested may happen in the UK. Businesses, both large and small, making their own free market decisions.

Ain't it great .
Old 01-12-2020, 14:01   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
Did you read Salingsue’s post before you wrote this?

I did. So?
Old 01-12-2020, 14:03   #269

Quote:
Which is exactly what all these "woke" businesses are doing. And it's exactly what the story I posted suggested may happen in the UK. Businesses, both large and small, making their own free market decisions.

Ain't it great .
Are you in favor of a business that makes a free market decision to not mandate mask usage?
Old 01-12-2020, 14:33   #270

Quote:

Ain't it great .

It’s hard to believe the UK would allow that, but very cool if they let their subjects have such freedoms.