Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2020, 21:53   #436
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: FACT vs OPINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Maybe it will be 'show your card, or wear a mask' approach.

Does anyone think that this is a good thing?

Sounds a bit like Nazi Germany to me - Got to carry your papers to go anywhere and do anything - Say adios to the free world.

It's funny how everyone jumps up and down about discrimination against minorities or anyone, yet here you all are discriminating against a minority, up in arms to protect an even tinier minority.

Why don't we just give the un-vaccinated a Bell to ring as they walk around?

If they implement this then god knows where it will go for our children's children.
Old 04-12-2020, 22:01   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Does anyone think that this is a good thing?

Sounds a bit like Nazi Germany to me - Got to carry your papers to go anywhere and do anything - Say adios to the free world.

It's funny how everyone jumps up and down about discrimination against minorities or anyone, yet here you all are discriminating against a minority, up in arms to protect an even tinier minority.

Why don't we just give the un-vaccinated a Bell to ring as they walk around?

If they implement this then god knows where it will go for our children's children.
It's not going to be that dramatic. What will probably happen is companies will offer onsite vaccination drives and you will be peer pressured into it by co workers.

Like anything, people will go down the path of least resistance. If it'seasier for you to get a shot then not then people will probably get a shot.
Old 04-12-2020, 22:16   #438
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
It's not going to be that dramatic. What will probably happen is companies will offer onsite vaccination drives and you will be peer pressured into it by co workers.

Like anything, people will go down the path of least resistance. If it'seasier for you to get a shot then not then people will probably get a shot.

Yes but its a way for them to try and make it mandatory, without it being officially mandatory - They will use businesses, corporations, schools etc to enforce it - They are basically trying to remove your freedom of choice, by making life so hard to impossible to live.

A good example is Apple - I was in the local shopping center in Perth, West Australia today and no one is allowed inside the Apple store without wearing a mask - They have stacks of them to give to people - Now Australia has virtually no cases and WA has hardly ever had any - Its probably ranks as the no 1 city in the world for the lack of covid, mask are not mandated or even talked about here, no one simply wears them at all, yet Apple are there enforcing it to enter their store. Apple also in an operating system update to their apple phones also included a background tracking app for covid track and trace - not owning an Apple I am unsure if it was automatically activated or you had to agree to activate it.
Old 04-12-2020, 22:25   #439
UFO

Quote:

Also just out of interest what does everyone in China think about the little spat China and Australia are having?
Old 04-12-2020, 22:41   #440

Quote:
Yes but its a way for them to try and make it mandatory, without it being officially mandatory - They will use businesses, corporations, schools etc to enforce it - They are basically trying to remove your freedom of choice, by making life so hard to impossible to live.

A good example is Apple - I was in the local shopping center in Perth, West Australia today and no one is allowed inside the Apple store without wearing a mask - They have stacks of them to give to people - Now Australia has virtually no cases and WA has hardly ever had any - Its probably ranks as the no 1 city in the world for the lack of covid, mask are not mandated or even talked about here, no one simply wears them at all, yet Apple are there enforcing it to enter their store. Apple also in an operating system update to their apple phones also included a background tracking app for covid track and trace - not owning an Apple I am unsure if it was automatically activated or you had to agree to activate it.
I just got the 12 and you have to turn it on.

Quote:
Also just out of interest what does everyone in China think about the little spat China and Australia are having?
It's not on the radar for most people. But if you ask them most will say something like --'Australia is blindly following their big brother to their own detriment'.

I know my A2 Milk stock crashed hard after the Daigou channels dried out...

My parents are saying, well Australia was alright back in the 80s without China. We can get by without China now.....well...

China accounts for about 30% of total exports for Australia. Australia accounts for 1.9% of China's total exports. It would be easier for Chinese to start buying Argentinian beef but aussies will more or less still buy Iphones, ipads and laptops from China.

We (Australia) kinda screwed ourselves...

http://www.worldstopexports.com/chin...port-partners/

http://www.worldstopexports.com/aust...port-partners/
Old 04-12-2020, 22:49   #441

It’s funny reading this after recently watching “The Social Dilemma”.

It goes a long way in helping one understand about views on facts vs others beliefs. I’ve gotten to the point I can’t watch any news media these days. When I do see stories I might be interested in I need to check various web sites in order to garner what “might” be the truth. So much media is just a litany of “editorial” opinions. News media and reporting has fallen drastically over the years. There is no such thing as unbiased reporting any more. ZERO...
Old 04-12-2020, 23:00   #442
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
First they will play hard to get so more people want them.

Gonna have to become sea gypsies man.
Old 04-12-2020, 23:04   #443
UFO

Quote:
I just got the 12 and you have to turn it on.

It's not on the radar for most people. But if you ask them most will say something like --'Australia is blindly following their big brother to their own detriment'.

I know my A2 Milk stock crashed hard after the Daigou channels dried out...

My parents are saying, well Australia was alright back in the 80s without China. We can get by without China now.....well...

China accounts for about 30% of total exports for Australia. Australia accounts for 1.9% of China's total exports. It would be easier for Chinese to start buying Argentinian beef but aussies will more or less still buy Iphones, ipads and laptops from China.

We (Australia) kinda screwed ourselves...

China's Top Trading Partners 2019

Australia's Top Trading Partners 2019

Yep your right there - I've got a sneaky feeling that Australia has been played by the Yanks and Our Backwards government were too Naive to see it.
Old 04-12-2020, 23:05   #444
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
First they will play hard to get so more people want them.

Gonna have to become sea gypsies man.

That was the Plan anyway, just means there are a few countries that will have to be avoided, which includes my current home country of Australia.
Old 04-12-2020, 23:09   #445

Quote:
Yep your right there - I've got a sneaky feeling that Australia has been played by the Yanks and Our Backwards government were too Naive to see it.
Can't just blame it on the government either. It's businesses as well.

Take a 55 Yo Exec for example, he has worked his way up the ladder all his life, probably 10 more years at the helm to make his retirement dreams come true.

If you are him do you take a risk and try to diversify your client base and maybe throw money down the drain or do you take the big fat check right now from a Chinese company.

Fact is we have a finite time here and most people don't think long term. Because they wont be around to see the benefits.

The Chinese government on the other hand is looking ahead decades at a time, belt and road for example. Benefits of not having to worry about elections cycles I suppose. It's ****ing scary.
Old 05-12-2020, 00:20   #446
UFO

Quote:
Can't just blame it on the government either. It's businesses as well.

Take a 55 Yo Exec for example, he has worked his way up the ladder all his life, probably 10 more years at the helm to make his retirement dreams come true.

If you are him do you take a risk and try to diversify your client base and maybe throw money down the drain or do you take the big fat check right now from a Chinese company.

Fact is we have a finite time here and most people don't think long term. Because they wont be around to see the benefits.

The Chinese government on the other hand is looking ahead decades at a time, belt and road for example. Benefits of not having to worry about elections cycles I suppose. It's ****ing scary.

Yes the West simply does not think ahead like the Chinese do - Hong Kong was what really brought that home to me - That's was some major planning ahead!
Old 05-12-2020, 02:12   #447
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
... [1] Why don't we just give the un-vaccinated a Bell to ring as they walk around?
[2] If they implement this then god knows where it will go for our children's children.
1. Indeed. Great idea!

2. And yet, some are eager to make the direst predictions (nay, pronouncements), regarding same.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:36   #448
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
1. Indeed. Great idea!

2. And yet, some are eager to make the direst predictions (nay, pronouncements), regarding same.

So you think its a good idea then to have to produce papers to enter places and travel locally? and once that becomes the norm what will the next step be and the next step after that be? Freedoms are removed in small steps so people do not notice or up-rise en masse - It's the sleeping masses that are eager to give away our freedoms because they are so afraid of everything and buy into the fear that they have been brainwashed with their whole lives that is the real problem.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:52   #449

Boat: Presto 36

Quote:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...althy-nations/

more than half of American adults (55%) say they pray daily, compared with 25% in Canada, 18% in Australia and 6% in Great Britain. (The average European country stands at 22%.) Actually, when it comes to their prayer habits, Americans are more like people in many poorer, developing nations – including South Africa (52%), Bangladesh (57%) and Bolivia (56%) – than people in richer countries.

Looks like its true that the British sent all their religious nuts to the US.

You can be sure politicians running for office know about this stat.

What absolute BS. The Western World, is classically liberal, universally educated and it's citizens live in hundreds of thriving democracies. All due to the over 1000 year effort of the Christian Church, whereas godless atheism is totally responsible for the greatest mass murders worldwide in the last 100 years, in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Communist China, North Korea and Cambodia. Mao, the so-called Father of Modern China is also China's greatest mass murderer and perhaps the greatest mass murderer of all times.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:05   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeau View Post
What absolute BS. The Western World, is classically liberal, universally educated and it's citizens live in hundreds of thriving democracies. All due to the over 1000 year effort of the Christian Church, whereas godless atheism is totally responsible for the greatest mass murders worldwide in the last 100 years, in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Communist China, North Korea and Cambodia. Mao, the so-called Father of Modern China is also China's greatest mass murderer and perhaps the greatest mass murderer of all times.

Thanks for proving my point.