Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2020, 11:31   #466

Re: FACT vs OPINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Both of your links are to the same page. I think that you meant to post this link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia
I don't get your point at all, if there is one. Did you forget to take your meds or something?
I don't think that I suffer from Aphantasia, but the article led me to Prosopagnosia which is a cognitive disorder of face perception. A disorder that I didn't know about but might suffer from to some degree. (I am not trying to make a point, just find that it is interesting)
Thanks for correcting the link.

The story I described is basically a Covid hospitalization where intubation is required. I characterized it accurately while, from the perspective of a scared human who is going through the hospitalization into the ICU, the overall experience is close to a Nazi camp experience (after being marched into the special room anyway).

To not recognize that the above depicted experience is what our fellow citizens who are hospitalized are going through...to insist that society ought not hunker down and figure out how to keep small business alive without sending people to the above hospital experience...I suggest is a fair historical analog to bring up.

Admittedly, usually it's the kind of thing that's only brought up after the fact.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:01   #467

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: FACT vs OPINION

This thread is not cruising related, has become a venue for trolling and various other posts that do not abide by the rules and has become the single largest source of work for the Moderators for at least the last week.

It has been closed pending our decision whether to clean it up and reopen, leave closed, or delete outright.