Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 08:35   #61

Re: For gods sake - Get vaccinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
You should calm down and check your statements before posting them. There are 20 states with a higher death rate than Florida (see first attachment for evidence) and the past day there were 28 states with more deaths (only 6 persons died in Florida, see second attachment for evidence).

All this while Florida is the retirement state filled with old people.

Old data, 228 people died in Florida yesterday. But that's a silly distraction, none of them should have died...
Old 25-08-2021, 08:37   #62

Boat: Gemini 105Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappy View Post
I'm not sure how a woman who is already being treated for leukemia can be compared to anything else covid-related.
Wait, so you are saying people with underlying conditions should not get vax....

Then there is this poor guy:
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...deputys-death/

Looks healthy to me....... maybe diabetuss

Quote:
Judd said Broadhead, who served as a deputy for a decade, was healthy but did not disclose whether Broadhead had been vaccinated.
Wonder why that is.......??
Old 25-08-2021, 08:39   #63
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i intelligently refuse the jab which is NOT a vaccine, for reasons involving the ingredients.. i prefer not to receive graphene into my body and i do have the treatments at hand and easily accessed, unlike you in usa who are pharmacologically impaired.
when a substance contained in a jab is a substance which is a pure poison, why suffer the idiocy of receiving it. i am not a sheep. i am not a guinea pig and my body is still my own. i present no threat to anyone as i have tested negative and will continue to test negative when needed.
i am watching so many sheeple run to receive a poison jab and they smile..
this is ridiculous..the virus has a 2 percent death rate. the jab has been proven to aid the spread of the virus. as that has been proven as a fact, i see no reason to join the cult of the superspreader.
there has not been a jab that actually worked effectively against a mutating virus..
and i have treatments that have been proven effective.
donot forget i have been rn er and icu and special units for many decades and i do know where to look for ingredients and effects.
bashing those of us intelligent enough to wait to see what happens to you sheeple is a most immature act based on ignorance.
meanwhile you sheeple are filling up on graphene without even realizing your longevity has been manipulated. more jabs, more graphene.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:41   #64

Boat: Catalina-Morgan 504

I'm just glad our Chinese 'friends' were experimenting with the Covid virus, As bad as it is, it could've been something like the poliovirus, or the smallpox viruses.

FYI, the early reports from President Biden's investigation are 'non conclusive.'
Old 25-08-2021, 08:42   #65
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
It's utterly fascinating, and extremely sad, that vaccination against a pandemic disease could become politicized. It's such an odd hill to die on -- literally .

Anti-vaxx used to be the domain of the fringe left, but anti-Covid-19 vaxx has almost exclusively become a sacralized badge of honour for the political right. Once this happens, there is little point trying to rationalize with adherents. It's a religious discussion at this point, and no amount of facts, data or information will change peoples' minds.

But just for fun, here are Canada's current breakdown of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. Anyone else see a pattern ?
Thanks Mike. As usual for your posts this is accurate, well presented and touches on a number of relevant, important issues.

The charts you posted for Canada match very closely the same data I have seen for the US. Bottom line, if you're vaccinated you are not 100% safe but your odds are hugely improved vs the odds of side effects to date are very minimal.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:43   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i intelligently refuse the jab which is NOT a vaccine, for reasons involving the ingredients.. i prefer not to receive graphene into my body and i do have the treatments at hand and easily accessed, unlike you in usa who are pharmacologically impaired.
when a substance contained in a jab is a substance which is a pure poison, why suffer the idiocy of receiving it. i am not a sheep. i am not a guinea pig and my body is still my own. i present no threat to anyone as i have tested negative and will continue to test negative when needed.
i am watching so many sheeple run to receive a poison jab and they smile..
this is ridiculous..the virus has a 2 percent death rate. the jab has been proven to aid the spread of the virus. as that has been proven as a fact, i see no reason to join the cult of the superspreader.
there has not been a jab that actually worked effectively against a mutating virus..
and i have treatments that have been proven effective.
donot forget i have been rn er and icu and special units for many decades and i do know where to look for ingredients and effects.
bashing those of us intelligent enough to wait to see what happens to you sheeple is a most immature act based on ignorance.
meanwhile you sheeple are filling up on graphene without even realizing your longevity has been manipulated. more jabs, more graphene.
The vaccines DO NOT CONTAIN graphene!!!!

Making stuff up doesn't make it any more true.

If you can be bothered, have a read here; https://health-desk.org/articles/how...-mrna-vaccines

If not, I would like you to post your scientifically verified sources for making such an asinine statement.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:46   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
If you have had COVID-19 AND you still have IgE anti-bodies, there really is no reason to have the inoculation, as you already have the anti-body titer which is the whole purpose of the inoculation, to give the immune system a boost in combating COVID-19 in the wild.
Except that, for those of us who have had COVID and have the anti-bodies, there is still social restrictions being placed on us by governments and employers simply for not having the vaccine. If natural immunity is equal to (or better than) vaccine immunity, why can't I just present my antibody test to get into the same places? Why the vaccine agenda?
Old 25-08-2021, 08:47   #68
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
The vaccines DO NOT CONTAIN graphene!!!!

Making stuff up doesn't make it any more true.

If you can be bothered, have a read here; https://health-desk.org/articles/how...-mrna-vaccines

If not, I would like you to post your scientifically verified sources for making such an asinine statement.
funny but the research i did shows there is graphene in the jabs.. i read the info from the pharm companies and from medical journals etc..
keep believing msm.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:47   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerRetired View Post
Old data, 228 people died in Florida yesterday. But that's a silly distraction, none of them should have died...
But how many would have died regardless? We know that they count a death as a COVID death simply by means of having tested positive for COVID in the last 30 days, regardless of what the actual cause was.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:50   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
funny but the research i did shows there is graphene in the jabs.. i read the info from the pharm companies and from medical journals etc..
keep believing msm.
Put up or shut up.

Please post your research for us to see. My link contains 34 different resources to my point. What does your info show?

I don't know what msm is so I'm not sure why I would or wouldn't believe them / it.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:50   #71

Boat: Herreshoff 28 modified ketch- wood

Don’t do it for humanity’s sake. Have you seen humanity lately and its numbers? It will probably make a lot of people happy that I’m not vaccinated and perish anon.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:50   #72

Boat: Carver 42SS

I have a responsibility to my family, and those who rely on me for support. Because of that, I have carefully looked at the risks of my possibly getting Covid, and the likely consequences. I accept there is a theoretical risk and an event horizon of consequences, overwhelmingly tilted to "little or none". On the other hand, there are finite non-zero risks associated with the various shots. Until the risks of the virus, to me, outweigh the risks of the treatment, I'm not taking it. There's nothing political, or antivaxx or raving...just math.

As to the argument regarding non-treatment of those who choose not to get vaccinated...I'm fine with that. However, I just want a level playing field for other decisions...let's not treat drivers who don't wear seatbelts, motorcyclists with no helmets, obese people who continue to eat, smokers, etc. To the response "I can't catch fat from fat people" I respectfully submit, you are unlikely to catch Covid from me, either. Make your own decisions. If you want to vax, vax. Still worried about it? Wear a hazmat suit.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:52   #73
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 36-1
Send a message via Skype™ to George DuBose

I think someone posted all this on the wrong forum.
Old 25-08-2021, 08:54   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
Wait, so you are saying people with underlying conditions should not get vax....

Then there is this poor guy:
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...deputys-death/

Looks healthy to me....... maybe diabetuss

Wonder why that is.......??
Are you attempting to make some point here? A woman with cancer and a police officer we know nothing about are your data points. 350,000,000 doses have been administered.

Real, actual, scientific studies have been done. But you're choosing to use two deaths with no known qualifiers as your "proof?"
Old 25-08-2021, 08:55   #75

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijd View Post
I have a responsibility to my family, and those who rely on me for support. Because of that, I have carefully looked at the risks of my possibly getting Covid, and the likely consequences. I accept there is a theoretical risk and an event horizon of consequences, overwhelmingly tilted to "little or none". On the other hand, there are finite non-zero risks associated with the various shots. Until the risks of the virus, to me, outweigh the risks of the treatment, I'm not taking it. There's nothing political, or antivaxx or raving...just math.

Boy, do you ever have the FACTS backwards!