Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 09:52   #121

Re: For gods sake - Get vaccinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
Unfortunately, you are incorrect. Here is the CDC's definition of a vaccine.

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

The COVID-19 "vaccine" (inoculation) DOES NOT protect the individual from the disease. It lessens the severity of the symptoms.

Definition of inoculation
1: the act or process or an instance of inoculating
especially : the introduction of a pathogen or antigen into a living organism to stimulate the production of antibodies

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inoculation
So you anchor down on the CDC’s definition of a vaccine, then post another CDC link in which the CDC clearly calls the mRNA vaccines a ‘vaccine’. Right.

Tell Alex Jones I said sup.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:56   #122
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
VAERS reports nothing of the sort. VAERS has entries of ~13,000 deaths following receiving a COVID vaccine but has zero data on the cause of those deaths.
Did I read an old VAERS report online? I just saw a couple of links that mentions 6,000 or so.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:58   #123
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: For gods sake - Get vaccinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
Brilliant Gord!
Not so brilliant.. the Trans stands for Transcontinental Not Transfer...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 25-08-2021, 09:58   #124

Boat: Pursuit 3070 Sold / Cape Dory 28 FBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
I'm okay with folks not getting vaccinated.

What I'm not okay with is them taking away valuable medical resources from everyone else when they do get sick.

Don't want to get vaccinated? Fair enough. If you get sick, sit at home until you get better.
I have a friend who died yesterday from Covid. Unvaccinated. A Brevard County Florida Deputy. I bet he wouldn't tell you to stay at home if you needed help and didn't bring your gun. There are about 40% First responders not vaccinated last estimate I saw. I know 2 people who died from the shot and 2 who were paralyzed for up to 3 days after the first shot. Ask your doctor and don't listen to people on here that don't know all the facts. Yes unfortunately Florida is highly affective by this new variant. I Wonder if we tell all the yankees to stay home and don't come here for vacation if that would help.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:59   #125

Send a message via Skype™ to leont

Moderators:
If this thread is allowed to continue, I feel free to start a thread about overweights or some other medical issues.
Old 25-08-2021, 10:00   #126

How about you worry about yourself and when you need to get the third shot.. if you’ve been vaccinated don’t worry about us giving you the bug because you’re bullet proof.. your attitude is not exactly bringing people over to your viewpoint..
Cheers
Old 25-08-2021, 10:08   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeld61 View Post
How about you worry about yourself and when you need to get the third shot.. if you’ve been vaccinated don’t worry about us giving you the bug because you’re bullet proof.

That's not the main point. It is about everything getting back (or closer) to "normal", including cruising and other international travel. The more people vaccinated, the sooner and easier it will be to travel. etc etc.

As I said, a difficult moral problem of individual rights vs society's rights. There are tradeoffs to each.
Old 25-08-2021, 10:12   #128
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: For gods sake - Get vaccinated

Maybe a paranoia vaccine is in order to get back to normal..
Lets face it, the only guarantee in Life is Death.. and you rarely get to choose.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 25-08-2021, 10:13   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Regardless, using just this simple analysis, the risk of death from Covid-19 is magnitudes greater than the risk from the vaccines. Anyone who believes otherwise is mathematically challenged.
Maybe magnitudes greater, but vaccines have been pulled from market before for FAR fewer adverse events. Why is this one different?
Old 25-08-2021, 10:14   #130

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Did I read an old VAERS report online? I just saw a couple of links that mentions 6,000 or so.
VAERS varies, there was a point in July that is reported 12,xxx deaths. Today, under "death" it reports 4,901, although there are a couple of hundred more under "brain death", "cardiac death", etc.

There's also a report of someone's pet dying after the person (not the pet) received a COVID vaccine....
Old 25-08-2021, 10:14   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingunity View Post
Maybe magnitudes greater, but vaccines have been pulled from market before for FAR fewer adverse events. Why is this one different?
Links?
Old 25-08-2021, 10:16   #132

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:

Which ones? Source?

Likely were vaccines that weren't going to save the world from decimation.
Old 25-08-2021, 10:19   #133

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Because you, me, and everyone else knows that VAERS exists. If/when you got a polio/smallpox/MMR vaccine did you even know about VAERS? Did you go online and submit your report of a sore arm or a headache? VAERS collects event reports, until a causative link is established the data itself is of limited use.

Kind of like the threads here on CF about COLREGS/sound signals/anchor balls there is a biased reporting level that needs to be evaluated before using the data.
Old 25-08-2021, 10:19   #134

Boat: KP 46

Those who choose not to get vaccinated are making a health decision at their own individual risk. They pose no public health threat to those already immune. Would we be so stern toward people making similar or worse health choices to smoke, drink alcohol, are overweight, or not wear a helmet when riding a bike? Over 85,000 Americans die annually from alcohol, yet we don't have the same public health fervor or requirements to save those lives.

The notion that we have to vaccinate every living, walking person – and eventually every newborn – in order to control the pandemic is based on the false assumption that the risk of dying from COVID-19 is equally distributed in the population. It's not. While vaccine requirements for health care workers make sense, we would never extend those requirements outside of health care for, say, the flu shot. We'd simply state to the public: Those who avoid the flu shot do so at their own risk.

Also: Some people already have 'natural immunity' – that is, immunity from prior COVID infection. Here we are now, over a year and a half into the clinical experience of observing patients who were infected, and natural immunity is effective and going strong. And that's because with natural immunity, the body develops antibodies to the entire surface of the virus, not just a spike protein constructed from a vaccine. The power of natural immunity was recently affirmed in an Israeli study, which found a 6.7 times greater level of protection among those with natural immunity vs. those with vaccinated immunity.

Requiring the vaccine in people who are already immune with natural immunity has no scientific support – to argue dogmatically that they must get vaccinated has zero clinical outcome data to back it. As a matter of fact, we have data to the contrary: A Cleveland Clinic study found that vaccinating people with natural immunity did not add to their level of protection.

The goal of our pandemic response should be to reduce death, illness and disability, but instead what you're seeing is a movement that has morphed from being pro-vaccine to vaccine fanaticism at all costs.

We have very strong population immunity in most parts of the U.S. – and these areas are resilient to the delta variant that's driving severe illness right now. This stems from a combination of natural immunity and vaccinated immunity. Roughly a third to half of Americans who are unvaccinated have natural immunity, based on an analysis of California residents.

If you wish you to, you should encourage vaccination rather than activate the personal liberty culture wars that result in people becoming more entrenched in their opposition.

The above is from Dr. Marty Makary:" I’m pro-vaccine but blanket requirements outside of health care go too far."

M
Old 25-08-2021, 10:22   #135

Boat: Creekmore 34

Quote:
From the CDC's website:
Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 363 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 23, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,968 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

Link to CDC

Bolding is there's, underline is mine. Context and source matter. VAERS is used to help identify POTENTIAL side effects.