Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2021, 11:46   #2371

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: Northern Europe during Pandemic -- Summers 2020 & 2021

I am glad to hear the UK AstraZeneca trial has been paused in children and teenagers:

“The University of Oxford said it has paused administering doses of the Covid-19 vaccine it developed with AstraZeneca PLC in a small U.K. study to test the shot in children and teenagers, pending further information about rare blood-clotting issues in adults who have received it.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oxford-...rs-11617729303

Sage member Prof Calum Semple told Channel 4 News: “...... we can pause and take time to carefully consider the value for children because they’re not at risk of death from Covid.”

My concern is that the mechanism of action for this rare form of clotting with low platelets is currently a mystery. We have no idea how this mechanism will impact long term. Vaccinating those at no risk of serious illness, particularly the young is hugely experimental. Vaccinating those at high risk is a no brainer. For those in between, the decision needs to be well thought out by each individual.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 06-04-2021, 12:58   #2372

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
I am glad to hear the UK AstraZeneca trial has been paused in children and teenagers:

“The University of Oxford said it has paused administering doses of the Covid-19 vaccine it developed with AstraZeneca PLC in a small U.K. study to test the shot in children and teenagers, pending further information about rare blood-clotting issues in adults who have received it.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oxford-...rs-11617729303

Sage member Prof Calum Semple told Channel 4 News: “...... we can pause and take time to carefully consider the value for children because they’re not at risk of death from Covid.”

My concern is that the mechanism of action for this rare form of clotting with low platelets is currently a mystery. We have no idea how this mechanism will impact long term. Vaccinating those at no risk of serious illness, particularly the young is hugely experimental. Vaccinating those at high risk is a no brainer. For those in between, the decision needs to be well thought out by each individual.

remember that village chief from Fiji that had one leg deformed. It is from shot he received as kid. Doctor was english. He was really angry at him but doctor was already dead. Why do this things still happen and why english are always involved ?
Old 06-04-2021, 14:20   #2373

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

So the vulnerable older people are deplorable, you can make gen experiments with them, they will die anyway soon, so no long term genetic harm to be expected, they no longer multiply, and a death can easily be framed or covered up as just old or other pre conditions / causes than the vaccine - just like the other way around most deaths are framed / accounted to covid instead of preconditions and age.

This is not possible in middle age people still able to reproduce. Kids are most vulnerable for long term damages to their DNA and possible damage to the next generations, while not at risk from Covid.

Very sane statement. People should really think about the shots and consider if they want to be guinea pigs for the big pharma or not.
Old 06-04-2021, 14:22   #2374

Covid testing kits are now being handed out through out NHS system to all persons with a registered UK GP , it appears that all we have to do is ask at the surgery and they will make available two test kits per person per week

The kits are easy to use and bring a result within 40 minutes or quicker ,I've been using them for a while now as I can only access certain medical facilities if I do the rest before hand

The kits are not bullet proof I've been told that they are 50% accurate , it's all part of the UK,s tactics for getting the numbers down , from October ,they are going to start rolling out booster shots as well,

Overseas countries are being graded by traffic light system with regard to travel
Old 06-04-2021, 14:30   #2375

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
So the vulnerable older people are deplorable, you can make gen experiments with them, they will die anyway soon, so no long term genetic harm to be expected, they no longer multiply, and a death can easily be framed or covered up as just old or other pre conditions / causes than the vaccine - just like the other way around most deaths are framed / accounted to covid instead of preconditions and age.

This is not possible in middle age people still able to reproduce. Kids are most vulnerable for long term damages to their DNA and possible damage to the next generations, while not at risk from Covid.

Very sane statement. People should really think about the shots and consider if they want to be guinea pigs for the big pharma or not.
Having been in several ICU,s since last April and NHS red zones ,I've witnessed at first hand this virus and it's effects , based on that I welcomed the vaccine , I get my second shot next week ,everyone has their own views on the subject
Old 06-04-2021, 14:59   #2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by laird View Post
Having been in several ICU,s since last April and NHS red zones ,I've witnessed at first hand this virus and it's effects , based on that I welcomed the vaccine , I get my second shot next week ,everyone has their own views on the subject
is this AZ you are taking ? Does not bother you that so many countries stopped using it ?
Old 06-04-2021, 15:07   #2377

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Covid testing kits are now being handed out through out NHS system to all persons with a registered UK GP , it appears that all we have to do is ask at the surgery and they will make available two test kits per person per week

The kits are easy to use and bring a result within 40 minutes or quicker ,I've been using them for a while now as I can only access certain medical facilities if I do the rest before hand

The kits are not bullet proof I've been told that they are 50% accurate , it's all part of the UK,s tactics for getting the numbers down , from October ,they are going to start rolling out booster shots as well,

Overseas countries are being graded by traffic light system with regard to travel
50% accurate means you can flip a coin, you'll get 50% accuracy too.
Old 06-04-2021, 15:30   #2378

Quote:
50% accurate means you can flip a coin, you'll get 50% accuracy too.
that is beyond a joke. and whoever is in charge- shows their IQ. Also anyone that is using it is not the cleverest.

If everyone is positive, you get 50 % positive tests.

If everyone is negative you also get 50 % positive tests.

You are exactly correct - coin flip is equally good. So you should claim 200 B reward for test manufacture, instead of whatever company produces the test.
Old 06-04-2021, 16:04   #2379
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Northern Europe during Pandemic -- Summers 2020 & 2021

Quote:
So the vulnerable older people are deplorable, you can make gen experiments with them, they will die anyway soon, so no long term genetic harm to be expected, they no longer multiply
Speak for yourself pal...
If Charlie Chaplin could do it.. So can I..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 06-04-2021, 16:22   #2380

Quote:

Health minister Edward Argar has defended the accuracy of lateral flow tests as the Government announced that everyone in England is to be offered free, twice-weekly coronavirus tests regardless of whether they have symptoms.

Speaking to Sky News, Mr Argar said: "You're right about the more people who are taking these tests the better because this is about trying to get people back to work, getting our society reopened, which we all want to see done as swiftly and safely as it can be done.

"These simple tests are a key part of doing that.

"In terms of the reliability of the tests, I think recent Test and Trace analysis around this suggests that out of 1,000 lateral flow tests, there was less than one false positive within those 1,000.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...er-addressing/
Old 06-04-2021, 16:22   #2381
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Northern Europe during Pandemic -- Summers 2020 & 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
is this AZ you are taking ? Does not bother you that so many countries stopped using it ?
Not at all..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 06-04-2021, 16:29   #2382

The UK government said vaccine passports were all but unavoidable, since many countries were certain to demand proof of COVID-19 status for entry. And it said barring British businesses from asking customers for similar proof would be “an unjustified intrusion on how businesses choose to make their premises safe.”

The government said, however, that vaccine passports would never be needed to access “essential public services, public transport and essential shops.”

Johnson acknowledged that vaccine passports raised “complicated ethical and practical issues” and stressed their introduction wasn’t imminent.

“We’re some way off finalizing any plans for COVID-certification in the U.K.,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing
Old 06-04-2021, 16:55   #2383

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
No it does not bother me
Out of over 30 million doses there have been about 40 recorded blood clots ,the negative press coming from the EU is political ,it's an attempt by them to cover up their screw up with the vacine
Old 06-04-2021, 17:25   #2384
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
No it does not bother me
Out of over 30 million doses there have been about 40 recorded blood clots ,the negative press coming from the EU is political ,it's an attempt by them to cover up their screw up with the vacine

That's around 40 Per country highlighting it, so a LOT more than 40 - UK has just stopped trials on kids because of it - Even had a case in Australia and they said it was more than likely cause by the jab. So it's not about the EU. There is also ZERO benefit for young and healthy people to take it - The risk from the Jab outweighs the risk from the illness - So why should they take it? Why would people even want them to take it? - Especially as they are saying that the jabs are 100% effective against serious illness, death and hospitilisation, not sure why they want to push it on those that do not need it, when the rest that take it are fully protected.
Old 06-04-2021, 17:58   #2385

As many as one in three people infected with Covid-19 have longer term mental health or neurological symptoms, researchers reported Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/healt...ess/index.html

They found 34% of Covid-19 survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of their infection, according to the study published Tuesday in the journal Lancet Psychiatry.
The most common diagnosis was anxiety, found in 17% of those treated for Covid-19, followed by mood disorders, found in 14% of patients.
And while the neurological effects are more severe in hospitalized patients, they are still common in those who were only treated in an outpatient setting.

Tags
rope, Europe