Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2021, 21:26   #3301
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Northern Europe during Pandemic -- Summers 2020 & 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Since sneezing is now one of the top 5 symptoms for the vaccinated catching the Delta variant of COVID-19, a recent study suggests a useful new means of providing relief:

https://theconversation.com/forget-n...ore-fun-167901

I suggest a little lot more research is needed to validate this .

SWL
That is Nothing to Sneeze At
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-09-2021, 12:38   #3302
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Wishful thinking but unfortunately a myth.
Once dated a girl whose home I visited whenever in Port.
Things were fine until we got into the hot and heavy , then my uncontrollable sneezing would begin.

Felt I was allergic to the poor girl, whose continued affection for me only heightened my determination to blow my load from both ends.

Turned out to be an allergy to the fabric softener she used in her bedding .
Old 19-09-2021, 13:06   #3303

"Mask up to keep it up": Preliminary evidence of the association between erectile dysfunction and COVID-19

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33742540/

Old 19-09-2021, 14:05   #3304
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
"Mask up to keep it up": Preliminary evidence of the association between erectile dysfunction and COVID-19

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33742540/

Plus it makes it far harder to identify you
Old 20-09-2021, 11:53   #3305

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30

UK has decided to offer a booster jab to everyone over 50 and some other groups as long as you had your second jab at least 6 months ago.
Pfizer is the preferred vaccine but a half dose of moderna vaccine is allowed if Pfizer is not available. AZ can only be used if someone for medical reasons can't have the Pfizer or moderna vaccine.
Old 20-09-2021, 15:16   #3306

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Northern European travel update. In the last four days I have flown from Spain to UK to Latvia to Finland.

Travelling has become a lot easier, everywhere. The procedures have been refined and streamlined.

Spain is delightful -- they accept all vaccinations and minimum of formality. You have to fill out the passenger locator form which is longer and more bothersome than most, but that's all. You show the QR code from that and your vax card and you're out in 2 minutes. They have a lot of tables set up in the airports and plenyt of people so no lines. Well done Spain.

UK is pretty easy. You are required to have a test even if you're vaxxed, but it's honor system -- you can use the robot passport control lines. No one checks your docs.

Latvia legally doesn't accept non-European vax certs. I wasted hundreds of euros on tests before I understood that no one checks. Well, this time I arrived from London and went through passport control. They asked for the cert and were happy with the U.S. one, aothough technically it's illegal.

Finland has during the whole duration of the pandemic managed to make the process of crossing the Finnish border really pleasant. They have reorganized the process at Helsinki airport several times. Now they stopped using the passport control booths and have set up tables where you show your vax cert and not passport. Like Spain, they have plenty of tables and no lines. I was in and out within about 3 minutes.

Here in Finland masks are not required anywhere. The daily infection rate has sunk below 100 per million, and people are living life like normal. Some people are wearing masks on their own initiative. Life is good.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 20-09-2021, 16:25   #3307

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

https://youtu.be/a7O_PCsmA1M

Interesting, 98% fully vaccinated staff and students, 365 new cases covid cases, 357 of them fully vaccinated, makes 98% of all cases were fully vaccinated, no difference between vaccinated or unvaccinated. So efficacy of infection = 0 for the vaccine, it doesnt matter at all, most symptom free, regardless of status.
Old 20-09-2021, 17:24   #3308
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Northern Europe during Pandemic -- Summers 2020 & 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
UK has decided to offer a booster jab to everyone over 50 and some other groups as long as you had your second jab at least 6 months ago.
Pfizer is the preferred vaccine but a half dose of moderna vaccine is allowed if Pfizer is not available. AZ can only be used if someone for medical reasons can't have the Pfizer or moderna vaccine.
Not what it says here...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58550833

https://www.onmanorama.com/lifestyle...covid.amp.html

Also, its seems that while AZ is advising on not rushing into booster shots just for the sake of it, Pfizer is pushing hard for the booster program using its shots..
Analysis.. Either lack of confidence in its efficacy duration or a blatant desire to keep the profits rolling in.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 20-09-2021, 23:59   #3309

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Not what it says here...

https://www.onmanorama.com/lifestyle...covid.amp.html

Also, its seems that while AZ is advising on not rushing into booster shots just for the sake of it, Pfizer is pushing hard for the booster program using its shots..
Analysis.. Either lack of confidence in its efficacy duration or a blatant desire to keep the profits rolling in.
Not sure what you think is wrong. From your link
"The JCVI said these showed Pfizer was well-tolerated and provoked a good immune response, including against new variants of the virus, such as Delta, regardless of which Covid vaccine had been given for the first two doses.It said where Pfizer was not available a half-dose of Moderna could also be used.
For people who cannot have the Pfizer or Moderna because of issues like allergies, the AstraZeneca vaccine can be used as a booster.A gap of six months between the second dose and the booster shot was considered the most effective for boosting protection."

AZ knows that their vaccine is not good enough and would probably prefer boster shots to be delayed while they try to develop someting useful.
Old 21-09-2021, 01:34   #3310
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
... Finland has during the whole duration of the pandemic managed to make the process of crossing the Finnish border really pleasant. They have reorganized the process at Helsinki airport several times. Now they stopped using the passport control booths and have set up tables where you show your vax cert and not passport. Like Spain, they have plenty of tables and no lines. I was in and out within about 3 minutes.

Here in Finland masks are not required anywhere. The daily infection rate has sunk below 100 per million, and people are living life like normal. Some people are wearing masks on their own initiative. Life is good.
FWIW: Whatever happened to the Covid sniffing dogs? Are they still deployed in airports [elsewhere]?

Old 21-09-2021, 02:36   #3311
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
AZ knows that their vaccine is not good enough and would probably prefer boster shots to be delayed while they try to develop someting useful.
To be honest.. why, other than out of concern for general health, would AZ give a **** when booster shots are given as they are the only Non Profit vaccine out there.. nothing to gain for them if you think about it.
Also, as far as I am aware they are not working on a so called booster as their existing jab is good enough.
Also it's likely this will be their first and last venture into the Vaccine field considering the way they have been pilloried by the For Profit Politicians and Media for the heresy of working purely for the health of mankind without profits.
But hey.. Keep trying to be an influencer..

Old 21-09-2021, 02:57   #3312

Quote:
To be honest.. why, other than out of concern for general health, would AZ give a **** when booster shots are given as they are the only Non Profit vaccine out there.. nothing to gain for them if you think about it.
Also, as far as I am aware they are not working on a so called booster as their existing jab is good enough.
Also it's likely this will be their first and last venture into the Vaccine field considering the way they have been pilloried by the For Profit Politicians and Media for the heresy of working purely for the health of mankind without profits.
But hey.. Keep trying to be an influencer..
Its at costs for current contracts but AZ has made it clear that they will review that for future contracts thats assuming they by then have a vaccine that can be sold.
Old 21-09-2021, 03:34   #3313
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Its at costs for current contracts but AZ has made it clear that they will review that for future contracts thats assuming they by then have a vaccine that can be sold.
Untill you can produce evidence that emphatically shows more people have died of Covid within 3 months of taking an AZ vaccine than have died after taking the Pfizer vaccine you are just another troll spouting the Pfizer Promo Propaganda.
But hey.. as they say, You can fool some of the people all of the time, and most of the people for some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
As for reviewing furure contracts...
Can you blame them considering the abuse they've received for doing the right thing while everyone else feasts on the Fattened Calf..

Old 21-09-2021, 03:52   #3314

Quote:
Untill you can produce evidence that emphatically shows more people have died of Covid within 3 months of taking an AZ vaccine than have died after taking the Pfizer vaccine you are just another troll spouting the Pfizer Promo Propaganda.
But hey.. as they say, You can fool some of the people all of the time, and most of the people for some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
As for reviewing furure contracts...
Can you blame them considering the abuse they've received for doing the right thing while everyone else feasts on the Fattened Calf..
JCVI and the UK government must then be fools since they specifically excluded AZ for booster jabs regardless of which jabs you had before unless you for medical reasons cannot have any other vaccine.
Old 21-09-2021, 06:36   #3315
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
JCVI and the UK government must then be fools since they specifically excluded AZ for booster jabs regardless of which jabs you had before unless you for medical reasons cannot have any other vaccine.
Yet there's this..

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...ed-2021-09-09/

Nowhere do I see the word excluded.. also I note you don't call the Johnson shot rubbish despite its efficacy being 20 points lower than the AZ shot... is it just the fact its also a profit driven vaccine thats factoring into your propaganda.

Tags
rope, Europe