Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2021, 13:30   #31
cruiser

Re: Quick PCR test results in the US? [a constructive use of the COVID containment ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion View Post
You originally clearly wrote Florida, not specifically Miami, when making an incorrect broad generality.

I wasn’t aware I should be compelled to ask what your intention is. Perhaps you could add a warning label on whatever you write henceforth. Or maybe walk the talk and be more specific next time so as to avoid being offended when someone corrects you.
The gentleman addressed was quite polite, didn't seem offended to me, and made a simple error. In truth, he was correct anyway:

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/...1&values=cases

Florida is second only to New York, and is about to set new state records for Covid. Both Miami and NYC are indeed hotspots for the local residents.

Look, these are tough times, we all are suffering and concerned. Now is the time for all of us to cut each other some slack. Be well...
Old 29-12-2021, 15:46   #32

Boat: THEN: Indefatigable Bristol Caravel #172; NOW: 42 makes of other people's boats (and counting)
Re: Quick PCR test results in the US? [a constructive use of the COVID containment ar

Quote:
I was part of a group who had Covid early in the pandemic during which hospitals were soliciting volunteers for monthly antibody testing and blood donors. That was over 1 year ago during which time local blood labs started offering the same test here for a nominal fee - same lab which does routine blood work for patients as well as anyone else.

Now, it’s a common test every lab offers. Obviously, antibody levels wane with duration post infection so it might be too late in your case.
Yeah, I probably missed that boat.

As an aside, that is one heck of a boat you got there.
We ran aground at 2300. Dad fired off flares all night, to no avail. In the morning, Mom called the Coast Guard and demanded to know why they had not responded. "But ma'm," came the abashed reply. "Yesterday was July 4th!"
Old 29-12-2021, 16:27   #33

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMF Sailing View Post
Yeah, I probably missed that boat.

As an aside, that is one heck of a boat you got there.
The consensus seems to be that antibodies subside around 6 months, sometimes less, so you are probably too late.

We were, like most, always searching for our “last” boat. No more searching.
Old 29-12-2021, 20:17   #34

Boat: THEN: Indefatigable Bristol Caravel #172; NOW: 42 makes of other people's boats (and counting)

Quote:
The consensus seems to be that antibodies subside around 6 months, sometimes less, so you are probably too late.

We were, like most, always searching for our “last” boat. No more searching.
She's like 8 feet bigger than what I know I can handle (I am solo.)

But what a perfect solution for a couple who can handle 48 feet.
We ran aground at 2300. Dad fired off flares all night, to no avail. In the morning, Mom called the Coast Guard and demanded to know why they had not responded. "But ma'm," came the abashed reply. "Yesterday was July 4th!"
Old 30-12-2021, 03:56   #35
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdigennaro View Post
In Colorado, I've had many tests,including PCR and anti-body ("Did you even have covid?"). Free to all, registration online, drive through, results in two to three days. A civilized state.

For return to US from Italy recently, we had an anti-gen test: cost ten euro, results in a few hours (in Italian), accepted by the Italian, German and American authorities. When flying, we found that they front-load authorization: you cannot board the flight in Newark until all docs are verified. we were somewhat delayed because our pcr test was a few hours too old! Whew! We did get on our flight.

Airlines are legally responsible for repatriation of you are refused entry. So it’s in their interests to pre clear you

Tags
men