Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2021, 21:44   #1531

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Oh what an exciting day!
NSW allowing fully vaxxed in without quarantine from 1st November.
A friend arrived back from the UK just yesterday and is in 2 weeks(?) hotel quarantine in Sydney Oh well win one lose one.

Used my Victorian combo QR code/vaxx cert this morning in the local pie shop, NSW app still not working.

And the Queen has shamed Slomo into going to Glasgow.

What news from the south?
Old 14-10-2021, 21:57   #1532

Off topic - from the comments in The Age this arvo.

'The list of people who Morrison annoys unbearably is growing by the minute. It isn't just the goat in Cobargo anymore. We have Winnie the Pooh (everyone in China really, and I mean that's a lot of people), The French in general, Macron, the rest of the EU, the President of the USA, Pacific Islanders, NZ, most Victorians, Anna from Qld, the Hawaiin Tourist industry, his old employers at Tourism Australia, Malcolm Turnbull, that firefighter guy in the truck, pfizer, WA, real Sharks fans, women, Prince Charles, The Australian of the Year, Western Sydney, the Afghan Interpreters, and now the Queen. Scott needs to step it up. He has yet to annoy anyone in Latin America or Africa. He is wasting his talents.'
Old 14-10-2021, 22:18   #1533

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Three day lockdown in Hobart.

Sorry Wottie, Jim and Ann, your party plans are on hold for a few days.

And I’m betting a big alarm bell goes off when I try to check into South Australia in a few days.

Tasmania's 'snap' lockdown restrictions explained
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...ined/100520606
Old 14-10-2021, 22:20   #1534

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Well, the fallout from the a-hole from NSW skipping out of quarantine and galivanting about Bridgewater is a snap 3 day lockdown beginning tonite (15 Oct) at 1800. Taswegians, unused to such things, have stormed the shops in a wave of panic buying that even reached scenic Cygnet this arvo (before I was aware of the lockdown). The local green grocer had the legit 4 bods inside and a queue of 5 more waiting outside. This in a shop that likely sees 25 customers a day in normal times. Being unaware, I was astonished!

I'm not normally a vindictive sort, but I do hope that some jail time is added to his fine (three grand so far), and that this fact is widely advertised, hopefully to discourage similar acts in others. He still refuses to cooperate with the medical folks, won't disclose where all he went whilst on the loose, and refuses to wear a mask despite being tested positive. A poor example of a human being...

Jim
Old 14-10-2021, 22:30   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Well, the fallout from the a-hole from NSW skipping out of quarantine and galivanting about Bridgewater is a snap 3 day lockdown beginning tonite (15 Oct) at 1800. Taswegians, unused to such things, have stormed the shops in a wave of panic buying that even reached scenic Cygnet this arvo (before I was aware of the lockdown). The local green grocer had the legit 4 bods inside and a queue of 5 more waiting outside. This in a shop that likely sees 25 customers a day in normal times. Being unaware, I was astonished!

I'm not normally a vindictive sort, but I do hope that some jail time is added to his fine (three grand so far), and that this fact is widely advertised, hopefully to discourage similar acts in others. He still refuses to cooperate with the medical folks, won't disclose where all he went whilst on the loose, and refuses to wear a mask despite being tested positive. A poor example of a human being...

Jim
Well, these two got 10 months with 7 suspended
https://www.smh.com.au/national/melb...13-p58zm8.html
And they weren't positive.
Old 14-10-2021, 22:48   #1536
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Oh what an exciting day!
A friend arrived back from the UK just yesterday and is in 2 weeks(?) hotel quarantine in Sydney Oh well win one lose one.

Used my Victorian combo QR code/vaxx cert this morning in the local pie shop, NSW app still not working.

Southern news eh...
3 day sharp hard Lockdown WA style. Almost no reason to leave home for the next three days.

The dog is happy, getting a solid three days of me time, wot with the rain and all.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 14-10-2021, 22:56   #1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
........ He still refuses to cooperate with the medical folks, won't disclose where all he went whilst on the loose, and refuses to wear a mask despite being tested positive. A poor example of a human being...

Jim
Lots of public mumblings in the queues on the other side of the river about the efficiency of water boarding but if that doesn't work, the tongue is surplus to his requirements.

Apparently he still has one mate who also skippered out of home quaro but was picked up pretty quick.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 14-10-2021, 22:59   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Three day lockdown in Hobart.

Sorry Wottie, Jim and Ann, your party plans are on hold for a few days.

And I’m betting a big alarm bell goes off when I try to check into South Australia in a few days.

Tasmania's 'snap' lockdown restrictions explained
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...ined/100520606
You might be lucky, your last contact with Tassie (the NW) is still free and easy; fingers crossed!
Old 14-10-2021, 23:02   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Southern news eh...
3 day sharp hard Lockdown WA style. Almost no reason to leave home for the next three days.

The dog is happy, getting a solid three days of me time.
About time you people put on your big boy pants. I bet you notice a spike in vaccinations- worked over here.

Meanwhile, this is an interesting breakdown of Melbourne's multifaceted 'lockdowns'
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...oria/100386078
We forget that apart from the succesfull 111 day one last year which was very tough and the current one that started on August 5th and which will start easing next week the other four - all successful - were 43, 5, 14 and 12 days. Not quite the horrors that some have painted

And Qantas putting on extra international flights from 1st Nov but not touching Perth until at least April next year. Suffer in your jocks, McGowan!

PS I think my dogs have either eaten or buried my passport, I'm sure it was on the dining room table an hour ago.
Old 14-10-2021, 23:15   #1540

Quote:
Oh what an exciting day!

why? what's expected to change between now and nov 1?
Old 14-10-2021, 23:18   #1541

Quote:
Originally Posted by akei View Post
why? what's expected to change between now and nov 1?
It's a political decision, it isn't meant to make sense!
Old 14-10-2021, 23:22   #1542

Quote:
It's a political decision, it isn't meant to make sense!

that's kind of what I thought, but reading through the comments gave me the impression that these types of decisions make sense to quite a few in the thread.
Old 14-10-2021, 23:42   #1543

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
You might be lucky, your last contact with Tassie (the NW) is still free and easy; fingers crossed!

In fairness to the authorities, I just don’t think the border pass system can understand the concept of being under way for so long. I’m quite sure the system thinks I am either in Tasmania OR in South Australia. Eight weeks of limbo in between is just way beyond what they would understand.

I’m a bit of a pessimist, but I bet I’m right on this one. Happy to be wrong of course. Won’t be the first time, or the last.
Old 14-10-2021, 23:43   #1544

Quote:
Oh what an exciting day!
Looks like DP wasn't following the party line and scomo has had to pull him back into line.

Only returning Aussies to get the free NSW pass, no tourists yet.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/stat...20-%2020211015
Old 14-10-2021, 23:53   #1545

Quote:
Looks like DP wasn't following the party line and scomo has had to pull him back into line.

Only returning Aussies to get the free NSW pass, no tourists yet.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/stat...20-%2020211015
Scotty is probably feeling nervous - could be a palace revolt while he is in Glasgow.

Tags
Australia