Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2021, 09:55   #1621

Boat: Island Packet 40
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

The Age has conformed it's left wing status by firing it's well known cartoonist of about fifty years. His crime was to upset the "I Love Dan" crowd with a cartoon critical of forced vaccinations.
Old 25-10-2021, 13:21   #1622

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Early Monday, a leaked email from the WTA to its Players' Council, reported by the New York Times and Melbourne's The Age newspaper, suggested unvaccinated players would likely be granted a visa but must do two weeks in isolation in a quarantine hotel.
Fully vaccinated players would not have to undergo quarantine.
More ➥ https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-2...222331173.html
After November 1st fully vaccinated people will be able to enter Australia without doing 14 days hotel quarantine.
As best I understand it - unvaccinated will still be able to enter but will have to do the 14 days in a stuffy hotel room with no view.
Then, having been let out, Djokovic would not be able to dine out with his chums, would not be able to go for a drink with his chums, sigh.

Spectators have to be fully vaxxed but players not? If allowed into Australia - a Federal decision - he could be stopped from entering the stadium - a State decision.

It will be interesting to watch what happens here.
Old 25-10-2021, 21:56   #1623

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
After November 1st fully vaccinated people will be able to enter Australia without doing 14 days hotel quarantine.

As best I understand it - unvaccinated will still be able to enter but will have to do the 14 days in a stuffy hotel room with no view.

Then, having been let out, Djokovic would not be able to dine out with his chums, would not be able to go for a drink with his chums, sigh.

Spectators have to be fully vaxxed but players not? If allowed into Australia - a Federal decision - he could be stopped from entering the stadium - a State decision.

It will be interesting to watch what happens here.

No one is forcing these ball-slapping turnips to come here. I don’t see why they should be treated any differently to other foreign visitors. They are less important to me than a backpacker from Europe, who at least beings something of value to the country, namely culture and civility.

Frankly, I’m sick of the sense of entitlement these sports brats bring in their hand bags.
Old 25-10-2021, 22:15   #1624

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
No one is forcing these ball-slapping turnips to come here. I don’t see why they should be treated any differently to other foreign visitors. They are less important to me than a backpacker from Europe, who at least beings something of value to the country, namely culture and civility.

Frankly, I’m sick of the sense of entitlement these sports brats bring in their hand bags.
Ahh yes, but at least they are designer handbags.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 25-10-2021, 23:23   #1625
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
The Age has conformed it's left wing status by firing it's well known cartoonist of about fifty years. His crime was to upset the "I Love Dan" crowd with a cartoon critical of forced vaccinations.
Here you go...
Especially for 'Ping as he is a Age reader and thus might have missed it.
FWIW, I always enjoy Leunig's drawings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e2bf37f0-3549-11ec-9ffe-5f645a7b3235.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	247393  
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 25-10-2021, 23:36   #1626

Rather sad if that is the reason but I think he is still employed doing other stuff at The Age, cleaning the bogs or something.

Moving right along.

I think Dan may be pushing the boundaries of power a bit far and I reckon we may do a 'Full Churchill' on him at the next election.
Old 26-10-2021, 02:23   #1627
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Michael Leunig was [probably] fired for his consistent anti-vax messaging, given the cartoonist has taken a swing at different jabs, since, at least, 2015.
He captioned the drawing “mandate,” comparing mass vaccination, and Covid vaccine resistance, to the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Evidently, Leunig revealed that 12 of his other cartoons, also about vaccines and the Victorian government, had been censored by the paper, this year.

More, from a right-wing conservative publication ➥ https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/10...od-for-a-buck/

Old 26-10-2021, 12:47   #1628

Boat: Irwin. 28 ft
Send a message via AIM to pdjb

There is no more freedom ?
Old 26-10-2021, 12:57   #1629
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjb View Post
There is no more freedom ?

Have we run out or something. Was there loads before. Who wasted it. The scoundrels
Old 26-10-2021, 18:34   #1630

Boat: Other peoples

What a turn around from last year when the Tennis players were mostly praised, as was Australia and Melbourne with its quarantine stance. Lets forget of cause the Aussies who couldn't get home and we flew in a heap of these brats and their entourage... If only the self entitled tennis players (and lets face it most of us don't give two chits about tennis) were more like the MotoGP paddock.
Old 26-10-2021, 21:04   #1631

So Dan sez he doesn't give a rat's about what the Feds do - they can give the Bosnian a visa but he won't be getting into Melbourne Park without being fully vaxxed.

So 'in yer jocks, TA!!'
Old 26-10-2021, 21:20   #1632

Boat: Island Packet 40

The way Dan's behaving keeping people out of Victoria won't be a problem, keeping them in might be another thing however.
Old 26-10-2021, 21:23   #1633

According to bureau of stats - in 20/21 Vic's population fell by 40,000. Qland's pop increased by 40,000.

To paraphrase Piggy Muldoon - 'every time a Victorian moves to Queensland the average IQ of both states goes up'.
Old 26-10-2021, 22:05   #1634

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
According to bureau of stats - in 20/21 Vic's population fell by 40,000. Qland's pop increased by 40,000.

To paraphrase Piggy Muldoon - 'every time a Victorian moves to Queensland the average IQ of both states goes up'.
The big question is: to what electorates do the VICs move? Electorates in coal-mining areas of QLD might well decide the coming federal election.
Old 26-10-2021, 22:11   #1635

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Michael Leunig was [probably] fired for his consistent anti-vax messaging, given the cartoonist has taken a swing at different jabs, since, at least, 2015.
He captioned the drawing “mandate,” comparing mass vaccination, and Covid vaccine resistance, to the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Evidently, Leunig revealed that 12 of his other cartoons, also about vaccines and the Victorian government, had been censored by the paper, this year.

More, from a right-wing conservative publication ➥ https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/10...od-for-a-buck/
I think it is more the issue that Chairman Dan is mandating CROVID jabs

Tags
Australia