Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2021, 07:14   #1726

Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
…fed to his kids or pregnant partner….
You are underestimating the role of women in a primitive society. They are the one who held the "secrets" knowledge on plants and other things. Secrets it needed to be for the women to survive and to survive to the present.

I praise the courage of today’s women who, to the risk of been ostracised, refuse the contamination of a useless vaccination and prioritise the health of their offspring over some Scandinavian sailing.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:41   #1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
That's pretty amazing.
Pretty disgusting the way it was achieved. No choice, get vaccinated or loose your job.

Forcing people to vaccinate will be remembered as Scott Morrison pink batts day.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:54   #1728

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronkrak View Post
You are underestimating the role of women in a primitive society. They are the one who held the "secrets" knowledge on plants and other things. Secrets it needed to be for the women to survive and to survive to the present.

I praise the courage of today’s women who, to the risk of been ostracised, refuse the contamination of a useless vaccination and prioritise the health of their offspring over some Scandinavian sailing.
I haven't underestimated the role of women at all. I started off using the all encompassing term “ancient man” and it just continued. I am afraid I am not as politically correct as you lot .

Yes, it is thought women were the healers in past millennia, simply because they tended to be the gatherers while men went out to hunt and kill. Later ancient civilisation such as the Greeks and Egyptians had goddesses of healing. Things went backwards after that. Unfortunately when some universities started teaching medicine, women were excluded for many centuries, including in England.

So to keep everyone happy, where I referred to “ancient man”, please read that as “asexual or heteronormative or homosexual or transexual or non-binary gender ancients” (apologies if I have left anyone out).

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 06-11-2021, 13:20   #1729

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:

Forcing people to vaccinate will be remembered as Scott Morrison pink batts day.

Only by the terminally misinformed.

Most of the vaccine mandates have been enforced at a state level. The only federal mandate I can think of, from the top of my head, would be for aged care nursing staff. I guess there may be some for border security staff too.

I think it’s time to pay more attention to the real world.

Morrison’s “Pink Batts” equivalent is hard to select from his litany of failures. I would say it was his “it’s not a race” approach to the vaccine rollout, but it seems alienating the French is shaping up to be pretty memorable, slightly eclipsing his holiday during the bush fires.
Old 06-11-2021, 14:11   #1730

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabowers View Post
The first human to drink milk from an animal... now that was a brave one. "I'm gonna tug on that, and drink what comes out."

Or, maybe a child, of any gender, not as aware of potential dangers as adults. "Boy, that looks like what my mom used to let me do, I think I'll try it!"

Ann
Old 06-11-2021, 14:13   #1731
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
I haven't underestimated the role of women at all. I started off using the all encompassing term “ancient man” and it just continued. I am afraid I am not as politically correct as you lot .

So to keep everyone happy, where I referred to “ancient man”, please read that as “asexual or heteronormative or homosexual or transexual or non-binary gender ancients” (apologies if I have left anyone out).

SWL
It shows

OK, you have successfully addressed the gender issue, now ya gotta work on the ageist aspect.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 06-11-2021, 15:21   #1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Australia reaches 80pc double-dose vaccination target
by political reporter Melissa Clarke
Eighty per cent of eligible Australians aged 16 and over have now received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, Scott Morrison says.
Posted 21h ago / Updated 16h ago

Prime Minister Scott Morrison celebrated reaching the 80 per cent vaccination target, describing it as a "magnificent milestone" in a social media video.

So useless vaccines have now contaminated 80pc of eligible Australians.

A sad day for Australia, a sad day for humanity.
Old 06-11-2021, 15:26   #1733

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:

Most of the vaccine mandates have been enforced at a state level. The only federal mandate I can think of, from the top of my head, would be for aged care nursing staff. I guess there may be some for border security staff too.

I think it’s time to pay more attention to the real world.

Morrison’s “Pink Batts” equivalent is hard to select from his litany of failures. I would say it was his “it’s not a race” approach to the vaccine rollout, but it seems alienating the French is shaping up to be pretty memorable, slightly eclipsing his holiday during the bush fires.
Getting called a liar by Macron doesn't make the grade - he has had 'The Liar from the Shire' moniker for a long time.
Old 06-11-2021, 15:29   #1734

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
FFS, you are an Aussie, you know it is tested, you know it isn't experimental so why do write such dung.

But hey, what would you say to the first person who first ate an egg... You know, back in the day, hundreds of thousands of years ago - don't eat that, you dunno what's in it.

'Best crack it open before you eat it!'

And from that day to this - that is how we have eaten our eggs.
Old 06-11-2021, 15:48   #1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
[/COLOR]

Aah… so THAT is what I’ve been doing wrong.
Old 06-11-2021, 15:49   #1736

Quote:
Getting called a liar by Macron doesn't make the grade - he has had 'The Liar from the Shire' moniker for a long time.

Of course,it’s a prerequisite skill apparently required by all politicians.
Old 06-11-2021, 15:54   #1737

Quote:
Australia reaches 80pc double-dose vaccination target

by political reporter Melissa Clarke

Eighty per cent of eligible Australians aged 16 and over have now received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, Scott Morrison says.

Posted 21h ago / Updated 16h ago

Prime Minister Scott Morrison celebrated reaching the 80 per cent vaccination target, describing it as a "magnificent milestone" in a social media video.

So useless vaccines have now contaminated 80pc of eligible Australians.

A sad day for Australia, a sad day for humanity.

Sorry, are you laying claim to being terminally misinformed? It would appear so from this.
Old 06-11-2021, 16:22   #1738
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
[/COLOR]

You missed your calling - intense acuity and history succinctly conveyed for the common man or perhaps 'wit for dummies'.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 06-11-2021, 16:26   #1739
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
I am continually astounded by the sort of outright rudeness expressed by others about the situation here in Australia.

Good taste alone suggests that you keep your opinion to yourselves. Fine, if you don’t like how we do things here, stay away.

Just be aware that some of us are far too civilised to comment on the handling of Covid by other developed countries that have allowed three quarters of a million of their citizens to succumb to this disease in the name of arbitrary and subjective concepts poorly conveyed by simplistic jingoistic expressions such as “freedom”.

Keep your damn opinions to yourselves, and frankly, stay the away from my country.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...D04B1592&q=you are awful but i like you&shtp=GetUrl&shid=8f724bd7-2618-48c0-a2f3-2f9722109ce9&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.JsywZjouHW2-cp8vr09JUAEsDh

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 06-11-2021, 16:50   #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
FFS, you are an Aussie, you know it is tested, you know it isn't experimental so why do write such dung.

But hey, what would you say to the first person who first ate an egg... You know, back in the day, hundreds of thousands of years ago - don't eat that, you dunno what's in it.
I bet someone said that to the first person who decided to eat a poisonous mushroom, too.

Tags
Australia