Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 05:31   #1786

Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
.. that impact is not a good one...
How do you know?
Obviously it is not your livelihood that is in question.
Old 09-11-2021, 15:01   #1787

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronkrak View Post
How do you know?
Perhaps you can tell us how many "livelihoods" were protected or reinstated by the riots?

Jim
Old 09-11-2021, 15:08   #1788
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
I'll prolly be sorry for asking but what evidence do you have that any Covid vaccine is useless?
- emphasis added for clarity.

Quote:
You may have to reread the thread.
I have taken your helpful advice yet unfortunately I am none the wiser or even better informed; I could not find any of the requested evidence in them.

Perhaps you could be kind enough to point out to me the post I missed where you have provided the evidence or just repost whatever evidence you have that the vaccine is useless. However if it is only an opinion I won't be upset if you decline.

To save you some time, here are your posts I did locate -
Quote:
Obviously a useless vaccine.

Weak accusation. Sure lets blame unvaccinated people.

That post reads like a Tiananmen letter.

A successful future for humans depends on having unvaccinated Covid resistant reproductive humans and not drug dependent vaccinated humans.

For the reason above mass vaccination is a stupidity.
Quote:
You are underestimating the role of women in a primitive society. They are the one who held the "secrets" knowledge on plants and other things. Secrets it needed to be for the women to survive and to survive to the present.

I praise the courage of today’s women who, to the risk of been ostracised, refuse the contamination of a useless vaccination and prioritise the health of their offspring over some Scandinavian sailing.
Quote:
Pretty disgusting the way it was achieved. No choice, get vaccinated or loose your job.

Forcing people to vaccinate will be remembered as Scott Morrison pink batts day.
Quote:
Australia reaches 80pc double-dose vaccination target
by political reporter Melissa Clarke
Eighty per cent of eligible Australians aged 16 and over have now received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, Scott Morrison says.
Posted 21h ago / Updated 16h ago

Prime Minister Scott Morrison celebrated reaching the 80 per cent vaccination target, describing it as a "magnificent milestone" in a social media video.

So useless vaccines have now contaminated 80pc of eligible Australians.

A sad day for Australia, a sad day for humanity.
Quote:
Quote:
Wrong again.
The Estimated Resident Population of City of Darwin was 82,030 as of the 30th June 2020.
Please recalculate.
Quote:
By the way.
The woman had one dose of Covid-19 vaccine.
The second COVID-19 positive case in Katherine is a 55-year-old unvaccinated man
The index case, an unvaccinated man in his 20s.

https://www.katherinetimes.com.au/st...n-from-cairns/

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ves-to-lockout
Quote:
The Estimated Resident Population of City of Darwin was 82,030 as of the 30th June 2020. The Estimated Resident Population (ERP) is the official population of the area. It is updated annually by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, and reassessed every Census.
Quote:
Quote:
I do not know how Australian you are, but you should be aware that a rat is an iconic and sacred word in Australia. The Rats of Tobruk made Australia famous and proud.
So all that gibberish about rats in this thread could be offensive to some Australians.

I guess protesters in Darwin may be delighted to gain this title so easily.

I can understand people expressing bitterness because they did not know better than to be vaccinated with a useless vaccine.
Quote:
Then allow for the CHO directions.

Your try to minimize the protest is fruitless.
It was a serious protest.
Quote:
How do you know?
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 09-11-2021, 15:24   #1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Perhaps you can tell us how many "livelihoods" were protected or reinstated by the riots?

Jim
We will have to wait and see. Hopefully all of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...apher-attacked

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...ory-covid-jabs

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...s-be-mandatory
Old 09-11-2021, 15:46   #1790

Quote:
...I have taken...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilee View Post
…all fully vaccinated… .
Old 09-11-2021, 15:52   #1791

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:

Those of us with (at least) double digit IQs disagree.
Old 09-11-2021, 16:08   #1792
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:

Kim doesn't do elections but Mark had a go 'bout 6 months ago and got a 18% upswing - not bad and prolly can afford to gamble a bit for awhile longer yet.

Next go around is 2025 and he's has 53 of 59 seats ATM.

Blew the Liberal party into the weeds reducing them to only two seats. In great news for fans of diversity and equal opportunity, this has meant that the Liberal party now has 50% female representation in WA parliament … oh the lols
Old 09-11-2021, 16:41   #1793

Quote:
Fair enough, it was only your opinion after all; I thought there might have been some evidence to support it but I guess not.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 09-11-2021, 17:06   #1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
Blew the Liberal party into the weeds reducing them to only two seats. In great news for fans of diversity and equal opportunity, this has meant that the Liberal party now has 50% female representation in WA parliament … oh the lols
Every cloud has a silver lining
Old 09-11-2021, 18:12   #1795
cruiser

Quote:
Every cloud has a silver lining

I confess to some exuberant chuckling and the unintended benefit
Old 09-11-2021, 18:39   #1796
cruiser

Lots of people carrying on about ‘draconian measures’ in Australia. I’ve spent the last four months sailing up and down the Qld coast originally joining the boat in Coffs taking a few months to get to Townsville, spending as month there then spending a month getting the boat back to Yamba. It was a great trip with next to zero restrictions; only happening around SE Qld and involved wearing masks for a bit - no worries

There have been 7 covid related deaths in Qld. Just 7.

Qlders demonstrated their thanks to our Premier for keeping Qlders safe by returning her Govt with an increased majority at the last state election. The same thing happened in WA with their Premier only to a greater extent with the opposition there being pretty much decimated. WA, like Qld, has next to zero restrictions and has been an incredibly free state and due to similar, good management has only suffered 9 Covid deaths. 9.

It could be considered rude and insulting for people to suggest that citizens happy with a health first response and minimal deaths are ‘kool aid’ drinkers and I note that I am yet to see any concrete data that proves that taking health first measures are worse than simply letting the virus run rampant. It’s amusing to me that people are still holding Sweden, who’s own internal review found their response to be lacking, up as some kind of examplar. As of today Sweden has suffered over 15,000 deaths for no economic advantage compared to their neighbours. Australia’s total deaths is 1,841. .. no amount of spin, hubris or pontificating can credibly make the assertion that Sweden’s response has been better than Australia’s. It’s sociopathic to suggest that but there are some sociopaths about along with people so invested in their claims they’ve lost all credibility. Such is life

I better wrap this up because I’ve got a few things to do before I go to the gym and then to the pub to have a few beers with an old Army mate tonight

Hooroo
Old 10-11-2021, 03:28   #1797

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
. . .It’s amusing to me that people are still holding Sweden, who’s own internal review found their response to be lacking, up as some kind of examplar. As of today Sweden has suffered over 15,000 deaths for no economic advantage compared to their neighbours. Australia’s total deaths is 1,841. .. no amount of spin, hubris or pontificating can credibly make the assertion that Sweden’s response has been better than Australia’s. . . .

I don't think anyone has said that Sweden's pandemic response was better than Australia's. I think the jury is still out on that. Both countries have some great achievements in the fight against the pandemic, but we won't really understand it fully until the dust has settled.

The underlined part is a factual error. Sweden's internal review showed that protection of nursing homes was a failure, not the pandemic response itself.

Harping on Sweden's pandemic response is so 2020. Hardly anyone is doing that now. Because all those people were predicting gloom and doom and mass death in Sweden, and by the end of 2020 it was becoming clear that this would not happen.

Sweden as it turns out has done quite well, has remained one of the least affected countries in Europe, whilst doing minimal damage to children with closed schools and social isolation, and minimal damage to poorer people from other restrictive measures. Sweden, together with the other Nordic countries who followed the same approach, are pretty much the envy of Europe at the moment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(68).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	248048

But "at the moment". In a year we'll understand it better.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 10-11-2021, 03:45   #1798

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Singapore's reopening might be worth studying, for other "covid zero" approach countries like Oz.

Although Singapore has achieved more than 86% (!) of the entire population fully vaccinated, the small number of remaining unvaccinated people has been enough to allow a quite big wave of infections, which recently peaked at almost 700 daily cases per million, with a non-trivial death rate which is about 2.5 per million, about the same as the current death rate in the UK.

Despite the tiny number of unvaccinated adults, 70% of the deaths are unvaccinated. Hospitals are under stress, and the Singapore government has taken the remarkably harsh step of refusing to provide free health care for unvaccinated COVID patients. See: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...care-covid-19/.

Harsh, but -- there is of course a good argument that people should have to pay for costs they impose on society by their own choices.

If I understood correctly, most of the Australian states are planning to reopen when they reach 80% of the adult population (not 80% of the entire population) vaccinated. I wonder if that idea is being revisited, in view of the experience in Singapore. What separates former "zero covid" countries from the rest of the world, is low natural immunity in the population. Such countries will need a higher vaccination rate than other countries, to keep the spread under control after reopening, I would think.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Walt Whitman
Old 10-11-2021, 05:17   #1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post

Harsh, but -- there is of course a good argument that people should have to pay for costs they impose on society by their own choices.

Excellent idea. Throw in overweight people, people who don’t exercise, smokers, drinkers, drug users and people who engage in other unreasonably risky activities, and the government could probably cut their public healthcare budget by 90 per cent or so.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:26   #1800

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Excellent idea. Throw in overweight people, people who don’t exercise, smokers, drinkers, drug users and people who engage in other unreasonably risky activities, and the government could probably cut their public healthcare budget by 90 per cent or so.

Yes, that's the counterargument, which also carries a lot of weight. Sigh.
Walt Whitman

Tags
Australia