Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2021, 05:29   #1816

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
The vaccination rate remains abysmally low, despite adequate vaccine supplies, and aid from the Australian government, and international organisations, such as the Red Cross.
Really?

So no mention of the reported attempts by Australia to sabotage the use in PNG of Sinopharm vaccine donated by the People's Republic of China?

Create doubt and uncertainty early in the immunisation program.

Wonderful strategy.

Australia is suffering some of its own medicine, with considerable vaccine hesitancy in Australian communities that are less trusting of government.

Let's all pretend that Australia, the ex-colonial power, is a helpful neighbour!

That would be the same Australia whose federal govt made a shambles of providing vaccine for its own population, made a cock-up of vaccinating Australians in age care facilities and the disabled, and made another shambles of quarantine, threatened to jail any Australian or Australian resident attempting to return to Australia from India.

The CNN version: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/18/a...dst/index.html

One report from PNG: https://covid19.info.gov.pg/chinese-...ine-is-in-png/

The version from China: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202107/1227658.shtml
Old 11-11-2021, 06:42   #1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
For general information.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/08...he-high-court/
Old 11-11-2021, 13:18   #1818
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronkrak View Post

Well time for it to go to court - Heard a few Go-Fund Me or similar pages for such a cause were shut down and all monies returned - Hows that for Democracy and freedom of the people!

I do Like his closing line:

"On this view, unvaccinated Australians still remain decent members of society and they cannot be treated as second class citizens."

That appears to be at odds to a lot of the little fascist would-be dictators on this forum.
Old 11-11-2021, 13:26   #1819
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

There have been a number of legal challenges against vaccine mandates and restrictions for the unvaccinated and they’ve all failed.

Here’s one example:

Judge dismisses challenges to NSW COVID-19 vaccination orders for workers - ABC News https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...ders/100543888
Old 11-11-2021, 13:27   #1820
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerman View Post
This is a boaters forum . Not a "how life sucks under COVID blog".

Let's keep it that way.

There are plenty of other places for people to vent frustrations other than this forum.

I come here to brighten up my day, not be dragged down by the daily BS.

My two cents
Yeah!
Old 11-11-2021, 13:53   #1821
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
There have been a number of legal challenges against vaccine mandates and restrictions for the unvaccinated and they’ve all failed.

Here’s one example:

Judge dismisses challenges to NSW COVID-19 vaccination orders for workers - ABC News https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...ders/100543888

Just to add to this, dis/misinformation has led to various people believing all sorts of crazy things about legal public health measures and Australia’s constitution etc and some of them have spent significant amounts of money making challenges that were always doomed to fail. The legal profession has a case a case to answer here as well.

There is a dearth of critical thinking skills in society and there are vulnerable people that have been targeted by cranks sowing discord and it’s not a good thing. I feel sorry for people who’ve spent large sums of money chasing fairy tale legal outcomes because they’ve been misled. I hope the few cases that have crashed and burned so far discourage more people from throwing their money away
Old 11-11-2021, 15:00   #1822
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well time for it to go to court - Heard a few Go-Fund Me or similar pages for such a cause were shut down and all monies returned - Hows that for Democracy and freedom of the people!

I do Like his closing line:

"On this view, unvaccinated Australians still remain decent members of society and they cannot be treated as second class citizens."

That appears to be at odds to a lot of the little fascist would-be dictators on this forum.
For starters, Go-Fund-Me is a for profit business and as such can make set limits on how they run their business so I don't see how they are responsible for your freedoms. They have terms and conditions which allow for campaigns for certain kinds of legal defence funds but not all kinds. That is their freedom at work.

I do agree with the closing line you quoted however I would note all citizens have various restrictions placed on them all the time without making them 'second class'.

As for finding "a lot of the little fascist would-be dictators on this forum", I'm hard pressed to think of even one but I guess there could be one I've overlooked. Care to name any?

The thing is - someone can hold an opposing view without being a 'dictator', fascist or otherwise but as far I have read, none have come hard on people who have decided for whatever reason to remain unvaccinated but there is plenty of opposition to violent 'anti-whatever-covid' street protesters - you can count me as one of those who dislike mob protestors on what is essentially a public health matter.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 11-11-2021, 23:30   #1823

Boat: Island Packet 40

"targeted by cranks sowing discord and it’s not a good thing"

Unfortunately a significant portion of them are in government in Victoria.
Old 12-11-2021, 00:30   #1824
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
"targeted by cranks sowing discord and it’s not a good thing"

Unfortunately a significant portion of them are in government in Victoria.

You think people in Government in Victoria are encouraging people to waste their money challenging Victorian Government mandates? Or Federal ones? Feeding misinformation to the vulnerable and easily led?

Come now
Old 12-11-2021, 04:26   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
I know of a mate’s sister in Melbourne who has long covid which is presenting a bit like chronic fatigue for her with shortness of breath and a bit of a foggy brain. That’s been going on for months, too, and she’s in her mid 30s. That will ruin people’s lives if that stays for any length of time.

Living in Qld has been good in terms of not knowing people who’ve gotten it. A mate of mine who’s a pilot caught it and was fine.

It certainly has impacted the elderly and people with health conditions more than others but it’s still impacting the young and healthy. Look at it ripping through schools. Thankfully most recover however we know little about the effect of long covid in this age group and they’re infecting adults. And how many people in Australia consider themselves fairly healthy but have a health condition? Quite a few! Just because you’re managing a health condition and living as normal a life as you can, in most cases 100% normal, doesn’t mean we can dismiss their death or illness in any way. High blood pressure and diabetic, for example. Both of my sons are diabetic and my eldest also has ceoliac - he’s 25. Being immunocompromised he has to really take care and I find it troubling that there are people who would shrug off his death as nothing because he has health conditions - not saying you’d do that, by the way. I’m speaking generally.
Ripping through schools? Is it doing that where you live? Not here in the US. Although, our news media makes a big deal of every child who dies of Covid, without mentioning that about four times that number dies every year here from swimming pool drownings, and being in a car wreck without any form of seatbelt or restraint.

Same thing with opioid overdose deaths. We've had more people die from that in the country I live in, in the last two years, than from Covid, according to our country records as of yesterday. But, those deaths seem to be looked at as Act of God or something. Of course with Opioid deaths, big pharma might be considered to be the bad guy, and they pretty much seem to have the news media in their pocket these days.
Old 12-11-2021, 14:01   #1826

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Ripping through schools? Is it doing that where you live? Not here in the US. ..........
Up here in NE Victoria and just over the river in the Albury area it is in the schools. Now it isn't making the kids sick and none are getting hospitalised.
However this is an unvaccinated population. So they get covid and take it home to Granny. They are not so much victims as vectors.

Not a huge issue as we have more than 95% of the over 16 year old population fully vaccinated throughout this area. That does leave a small percentage however that we really don't want getting crook and dying if we can help it.

We do have one or two a day dying in an aged care home in Albury which is a solid 10/20% of the total daily deaths in Australia.. population about 27 million.

All states and territories including Tasmania have had Delta cases. Snuffed out in short order in all but NSW and Vic and even in them it is hardly spreading like wildfire, quite the opposite.
Old 12-11-2021, 22:59   #1827
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post

Care to name any?

The thing is - someone can hold an opposing view without being a 'dictator', fascist or otherwise but as far I have read, none have come hard on people who have decided for whatever reason to remain unvaccinated but there is plenty of opposition to violent 'anti-whatever-covid' street protesters - you can count me as one of those who dislike mob protestors on what is essentially a public health matter.

LOL - Trying to get me banned from CF

Perhaps you should read back through some of the vehemence, which is pretty much bordering on hate speech at times for the unvaccinated.

Its funny that we live in a world that you can not discriminate against pretty much anyone or anything without being slammed or arrested, yet it appears to be a free for all when it comes to those who choose not to vaccinate, which with as I said some bordering on what would be considered hate speech for any other minority.
Old 12-11-2021, 23:34   #1828

Quote:
LOL - Trying to get me banned from CF

Perhaps you should read back through some of the vehemence, which is pretty much bordering on hate speech at times for the unvaccinated.

Its funny that we live in a world that you can not discriminate against pretty much anyone or anything without being slammed or arrested, yet it appears to be a free for all when it comes to those who choose not to vaccinate, which with as I said some bordering on what would be considered hate speech for any other minority.
There are minorities and there are minorities.
There are minorities such a Melbourne's Somali minority.

And then there are minorities such as those who endanger others by driving while juiced to the gills.

Which group do you think the rabid ratbag vocal antivaxxers belong to? The ones like this spreader of misinformation and non sense? https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...awyer-sue-grey
or this goose https://www.theage.com.au/national/n...12-p598ja.html

Most of the protesters really are just 'useful idiots'.
Old 12-11-2021, 23:50   #1829
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
There are minorities and there are minorities.
There are minorities such a Melbourne's Somali minority.

And then there are minorities such as those who endanger others by driving while juiced to the gills.

Which group do you think the rabid ratbag vocal antivaxxers belong to? The ones like this spreader of misinformation and non sense? https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...awyer-sue-grey

Most of the protesters really are just 'useful idiots'.

Yes like with everything there are fringe people out there, but most lump everyone into the same group and using such terminology as you use is offensive to people who simply have a different outlook and views to you. Just because all the propaganda supports your views, it does not necessarily make them correct.
Old 13-11-2021, 00:07   #1830

Quote:
Yes like with everything there are fringe people out there, but most lump everyone into the same group and using such terminology as you use is offensive to people who simply have a different outlook and views to you. Just because all the propaganda supports your views, it does not necessarily make them correct.
So what have I said that you find so offensive?

I see Craig Kelly addressed the mob in Melbourne today. Any idea what his agenda is? Seems most of the people at that rally were protesting Dan's proposed new legislation but it was hijacked by Kelly and his ilk.

Meanwhile back in 'lockdown' free Melbourne and indeed Victoria... Delta doesn't seem to be 'spreading like wildfire'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vicstats.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	248210  

Tags
Australia