Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2021, 23:05   #1861

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Drifting off topic..
Joyce and the Nationals seem to be sucking up to the coal miners whose jobs are it risk.
Never mind them - what about the motor mechanics? They look like going the way of blacksmiths.
Old 18-11-2021, 00:13   #1862
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Drifting off topic..
Joyce and the Nationals seem to be sucking up to the coal miners whose jobs are it risk.
Never mind them - what about the motor mechanics? They look like going the way of blacksmiths.

And our car industry..

Why are miners different to car builders?

Miners donate more
Old 18-11-2021, 00:19   #1863

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
Something I want to add.. if you’re taking sides and you look around you and see white supremacists, neo-nazis, qanon and other right wing extremist groups on your side you really should sit down and have a long hard think about why that is and what your priorities are.
Hundreds of journalists are diligently searching the footage of the demonstrations in hope that they will find that notorious right wing riot instigator sometimes referred to as "the orange man" lurking in the shadows.
no luck yet but they are still hopeful.

If one looks at the footage closely you can definitely see the tails with the spearhead ends hanging out the cuffs of the slacks the demonstrators are wearing, an almost unequivocal indication of demon-hood.

Old 18-11-2021, 00:20   #1864

Erm... mining companies donate more.
And - since the de-industrialisation of Australia - we don't make cars any more.
Even the $1.50 buckets in Bunnings come from NZ
Old 18-11-2021, 00:22   #1865
cruiser

Quote:
Erm... mining companies donate more.
And - since the de-industrialisation of Australia - we don't make cars any more.
Even the $1.50 buckets in Bunnings come from NZ

Yes, of course, I should have been more accurate regarding Gina et al and their piles of cash

The LNP cut the car manufacturing industry loose not that long ago. Makes me laugh to see their passionate defence of the much smaller mining industry
Old 18-11-2021, 00:29   #1866

Boring little factoid from the dark side of my brain.
After building everything from Tiger Moths through Beauforts and Beaufighters at Fishermens Bend we went on to produce something above 50 Avro Lincolns - an upmarket Lancaster - while still trying to figure out how to build motor cars.
Later the CAF bulit Sabres... now they make sprockets and dongles for Boeing.
Sad innit.
Old 18-11-2021, 00:33   #1867
cruiser

Quote:
Boring little factoid from the dark side of my brain.
After building everything from Tiger Moths through Beauforts and Beaufighters at Fishermens Bend we went on to produce something above 50 Avro Lincolns - an upmarket Lancaster - while still trying to figure out how to build motor cars.
Later the CAF bulit Sabres... now they make sprockets and dongles for Boeing.
Sad innit.

It really is

Climate change looks likely to make the western world pay the full cost of outsourcing manufacturing to China etc due to carbon pricing so perhaps our just desserts are coming
Old 18-11-2021, 03:03   #1868
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
not people who want a better life and environment for everyone [emoji23]

Really?? Looks like a bunch of power mad politicians, leading a bunch of fearful and brainwashed populace into discrimination and segregation - I thought society had left that type of behaviour behind, but obviously not.

So you really support that sort of system?

When you actually look at it the vaccine passports and new digital ID's they are the start of a Chinese style Social Credit system.

1) No Vax, You naughty citizen, you will no be allowed your morning Latte.

Just wait for the rest to be added to it down the line.

You are blindly supporting the loss of freedoms and full government control of our children and grandchildren, all out of fear that has been driven by spin and a media propaganda campaign.
Old 18-11-2021, 03:16   #1869
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Really?? Looks like a bunch of power mad politicians, leading a bunch of fearful and brainwashed populace into discrimination and segregation - I thought society had left that type of behaviour behind, but obviously not.

So you really support that sort of system?

When you actually look at it the vaccine passports and new digital ID's they are the start of a Chinese style Social Credit system.

1) No Vax, You naughty citizen, you will no be allowed your morning Latte.

Just wait for the rest to be added to it down the line.

You are blindly supporting the loss of freedoms and full government control of our children and grandchildren, all out of fear that has been driven by spin and a media propaganda campaign.

You people like to throw around the word blindly a lot. It’s quite ironic

And yes, really. Characterising public health measures as a ‘power grab’ or ‘all about control’ is immature and selfish and shows a distinct lack of understanding of the risks in a global pandemic that has killed over 5 million people. The need to position those who actually understand the risks and the public health measures as ‘fearful and brainwashed’ only sheets that home

Vaccines are our way out of this mess. You can choose not to get vaccinated, fair enough, but by eschewing your responsibility to society you’re forfeiting your privilege to be a part of it. Temporarily at least, anyway. It’s in this way that we can ensure that your decision only puts you at risk and not others, especially vulnerable people who don’t share your privilege.

But then conspiracy theory whackos will never see beyond their drivel long enough to understand that. You mention children yet it’s the under 12s who currently can’t get vaccinated, along with people who can’t get vaccinated, whom are among those at greater risk now through your choices and behaviour.

I realise this will fall on deaf ears but you need to hear it
Old 18-11-2021, 03:36   #1870
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

The emotive figure is always thrown out there as a guilt trip to justify naked fear of one's mortality..
5 million dead.. Shock.. Horror.. but what is 5 million as a ‰ of 8 billion.. A ripple.???
That's less than died in Hitler camps and a lot less than the 70+ million who died in WW2..
Put the Black shirts away guys..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 18-11-2021, 03:45   #1871
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The emotive figure is always thrown out there as a guilt trip to justify naked fear of one's mortality..

5 million dead.. Shock.. Horror.. but what is 5 million as a ‰ of 8 billion.. A ripple.???

That's less than died in Hitler camps and a lot less than the 70+ million who died in WW2..

Put the Black shirts away guys..

More emotive language and then an attempt to cast others as emotive. It’s silly

The reality is it’s a huge killer and it’s largely preventable.

It’s roughly double (so far) the 2.7m killed in nazi concentration camps…. bit of an own goal there. I think we used to consider that number bad, no?

And sure, it’s less than a WORLD WAR! An event considered a global calamity that resulted in global efforts to ensure it never happened again! That’s not the point you seem to think it is.

It’s sociopathic to dismiss over 5m deaths as some kind of inconsequential thing
Old 18-11-2021, 04:06   #1872
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
More emotive language and then an attempt to cast others as emotive. It’s silly

The reality is it’s a huge killer and it’s largely preventable.

It’s roughly double (so far) the 2.7m killed in nazi concentration camps…. bit of an own goal there. I think we used to consider that number bad, no?

And sure, it’s less than a WORLD WAR! An event considered a global calamity that resulted in global efforts to ensure it never happened again! That’s not the point you seem to think it is.

It’s sociopathic to dismiss over 5m deaths as some kind of inconsequential thing
That's the Jews after your blood now for minimising their sufferings...
The Holocaust, also known as the Shoah, was the genocide of European Jews during World War II. Between 1941 and 1945, Nazi Germany and its collaborators systematically murdered some six million Jews across German-occupied Europe, around two-thirds of Europe's Jewish population.

Justifying your paranoia and fears by calling me a sociopath is a rather feeble come back but then it's standard practice for the Socially Caring Brigade.. we see a lot of those around reaping the benifits whist sowing discord.

Old 18-11-2021, 04:19   #1873
cruiser

The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
That's the Jews after your blood now for minimising their sufferings...
I did no such thing. I even said we used to consider that bad after you offered it as a reason that Covid deaths weren’t consequential. Reading comprehension is important..

Quote:
The Holocaust, also known as the Shoah, was the genocide of European Jews during World War II. Between 1941 and 1945, Nazi Germany and its collaborators systematically murdered some six million Jews across German-occupied Europe, around two-thirds of Europe's Jewish population.
Thanks for the history lesson but you’ll note you’re quoting different numbers to deaths in camps (your original point); which I’ve accurately quoted

Quote:
Justifying your paranoia and fears by calling me a sociopath is a rather feeble come back but then it's standard practice for the Socially Caring Brigade.. we see a lot of those around reaping the benifits whist sowing discord.

First of all, I carefully worded my reply so that if you identify with it as being aimed at you you’ve conceded that you believe 5m deaths are inconsequential…. And therefore earned it…refer to my earlier point regarding reading comprehension.

Second of all, prosecuting the case for the benefits of saving lives is unable to be credibly twisted into ‘sowing discord’. This yet another silly proposition.

And why is it so important to you believe that I’m paranoid and fearful? Is it projection? It’s entirely rational to believe that measures need to be taken to prevent wide scale deaths and more. We’re lucky we did take measures or the numbers would have been a lot worse

It’s really time to stop this nonsense
Old 18-11-2021, 04:35   #1874
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I did no such thing. I even said we used to consider that bad after you offered it as a reason that Covid deaths weren’t consequential. Reading comprehension is important..

*I agree..*

Thanks for the history lesson but you’ll note you’re quoting different numbers to deaths in camps (your original point); which I’ve accurately quoted

*I quoted the popular number always quoted against so called Holocaust Deniers..*

First of all, I carefully worded my reply so that if you identify with it as being aimed at you you’ve conceded that you believe 5m deaths are inconsequential…. And therefore earned it…refer to my earlier point regarding reading comprehension.

Second of all, prosecuting the case for the benefits of saving lives is unable to be credibly twisted into ‘sowing discord’. This yet another silly proposition.

And why is it so important to you believe that I’m paranoid and fearful? Is it projection? It’s entirely rational to believe that measures need to be taken to prevent wide scale deaths and more. We’re lucky we did take measures or the numbers would have been a lot worse

It’s really time to stop this nonsense
In the large scale of things 5 million is inconsequential..
Famine and hunger killed more people in 2020 than the Coronavirus pandemic, according to Oxfam.
An annualy repeating cycle that most Westerners don't give a second thought about.. but this Covid scare hits too close for comfort for the privileged.. suck it up boys, its how the rest of the world lives.
Widen your comprehension..

Old 18-11-2021, 04:44   #1875
cruiser

Quote:
In the large scale of things 5 million is inconsequential..
Famine and hunger killed more people in 2020 than the Coronavirus pandemic, according to Oxfam.
An annualy repeating cycle that most Westerners don't give a second thought about.. but this Covid scare hits too close for comfort for the privileged.. suck it up boys, its how the rest of the world lives.
Widen your comprehension..

So you accept your argument is sociopathic

Lots of people died of one thing that we are trying to prevent therefore 5m others dying from another thing are inconsequential

That’s your argument? Seems pretty indicative of the ‘logic’ you’ve applied so far, anyway

Tags
Australia