Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Like I said, its just a piece of paper
Like cash which.....I haven't used for at least 5 years

Abolition of Certificates of Title
https://www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov...cates-of-title

https://www.estatefirst.com.au/2019/...-in-queensland
yes...it's true title deeds have gone digital but that is not what MrB claimed which was

"If you own a property, See if you can find the title for it, It no longer exists,
You dont own your property any more, They have removed all titles for your propertys,"

which is total BS

cheers,
Old 20-11-2021, 14:46   #1907

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
yes...it's true title deeds have gone digital but that is not what MrB claimed which was

"If you own a property, See if you can find the title for it, It no longer exists,
You dont own your property any more, They have removed all titles for your propertys,"

which is total BS

cheers,
True
Old 20-11-2021, 14:55   #1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
The most treasonous acts I've seen so far seem to be against punctuation and grammar.

I'm with you!!

And as soon as someone starts mentioning God Given Rights I know they're smoking something!!!! And watching too much American crap tv!
If you thnk some imaginary being has given you rights to anything, then that imaginary being might have decided to take away those rights!
Old 20-11-2021, 15:02   #1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Fear Knows no Bounds.. Apparently

Its people like you that are being the selfish ones, pushing discrimination and segregation as well as an unproven and for some dangerous to deadly medical procedure.

Wanting mandates that discriminate against people to create a two tier system and are basically forcing those such as HEALTHY children, young adults & younger generations who are at no risk from covid to take a vaccine that can have life changing consequences or death for them if they have a bad reaction - That sounds pretty selfish to me.

You should look at the figures for covid and the young and healthy as well as figures for vaccine (serious) reactions - Here is a local Aussie article to get you started.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...15-p598yy.html

Anyway enjoy your jab every 6 months, as that is what you will be doing to just keep your vaccine passport up to date and not fall foul of all these draconian mandates and laws - People are already having theirs rescinded around the world if they don't keep updated - Its 2 jabs a year for life - LOL.

Oh and if you the think the vaccine really works, why are parts of Europe now having RECORD daily infections even though they have 60% to 80% vaccine rates - That's Bigger Daily infection rates than a year ago or its last peak before anyone was vaccinated - Explain that one, as you can't simply blame the unvaccinated unless you are a brain dead moron.

Just because these claims have been filed, doesn't mean they are true. Let me think.....lawyers involved....ideas of making money by claiming aginst the govt.....the lawyers of course, won't be out of pocket...sorry, is my cynicism showing?

And the vaccination has greatly reduced the death rate worldwide, even though it hasn't eradicated the virus. Something to be thankful for if your loved ones are affected.
Old 20-11-2021, 16:52   #1910

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelkins View Post
Just because these claims have been filed, doesn't mean they are true. Let me think.....lawyers involved....ideas of making money by claiming aginst the govt.....the lawyers of course, won't be out of pocket...sorry, is my cynicism showing?

And the vaccination has greatly reduced the death rate worldwide, even though it hasn't eradicated the virus. Something to be thankful for if your loved ones are affected.

Jenkins, you have touched so well on the mantra of the ambulance chasing legal "professionals" and conspiracy theorists.

Clear case of the observation that literacy doesn't assure comprehension, displayed so well be several posters recently.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 20-11-2021, 19:55   #1911

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:

Oh and if you the think the vaccine really works, why are parts of Europe now having RECORD daily infections even though they have 60% to 80% vaccine rates - That's Bigger Daily infection rates than a year ago or its last peak before anyone was vaccinated - Explain that one, as you can't simply blame the unvaccinated unless you are a brain dead moron.

You know what, I’m a high school teacher and I am very happy to report the vast majority of my students have a way greater understanding of this topic than you have displayed here.

It seems the semi-recent switch to a focus on teaching critical thinking skills is paying dividends. Perhaps you should consider returning to school for a bit?

To help you understand what is happening in Europe, let me explain this as I would to an intelligent student. (Not that I would have to, as they already understand this, though some express frustration at getting their parents to understand. See my earlier point about critical thinking.)

The reality is that none of the Covid 19 vaccines in use to date have been successful in the gold standard goal which is to prevent transmission or acquisition of the virus. There are vaccines for various diseases that do achieve this gold standard, but sadly none for Covid 19. (Yet, but fingers crossed, there are some very clever people working on the problem.)

What all of the currently approved vaccines in Australia (and, I suspect, Europe) do achieve is to significantly reduce the mortality rate of the disease as well as at least partially reducing the transmission and acquisition rates.

So, yes, people are still getting the disease, but the mortality rate is way lower. How much lower? Good question, just the sort I’d expect from an intelligent and thoughtful high school student. To answer them I would say “I do not know.” I would instead point them to some data sources and invite them to do some of their own research, applying their critical thinking skills to the data they find, considering the source of the data, any biases that may be present and agendas being driven by the people presenting the data. Students today are pretty good at this.

My personal understanding , based on the data sources I trust, is that there is a greater than 80% reduction in serious illness or death. You should apply a some critical thinking to come to your own conclusions.

Finally, the tricky bit, why the greater infection rates now? Again, time to really dig into those critical thinking skills. Some of my brighter students, particularly those who have done the maths of epidemiology will note that there have been two changes. The first is that lockdowns have reduced and the population is moving more freely. The second is that there has been time for the disease to dissipate throughout the population and geography thus increasing the infection source points many orders of magnitude over the initial outbreaks.

So, have a crack at that, if you need help I’m in my office this arvo and I’m happy to help you with your project. Remember ANY student has the potential for an A in this topic, even Mr B.
Old 20-11-2021, 21:23   #1912
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Haven't you left for Indonesia yet?
What's that? They are discriminating against the unvaxxed?
Oh Dear.

The gloating really does just show where society has gone today.
Old 20-11-2021, 21:24   #1913
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelkins View Post

Ohh so its all made up - One could say the same for a LOT of the Covid stats
Old 20-11-2021, 21:37   #1914
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
You know what, I’m a high school teacher and I am very happy to report the vast majority of my students have a way greater understanding of this topic than you have displayed here.

It seems the semi-recent switch to a focus on teaching critical thinking skills is paying dividends. Perhaps you should consider returning to school for a bit?

To help you understand what is happening in Europe, let me explain this as I would to an intelligent student. (Not that I would have to, as they already understand this, though some express frustration at getting their parents to understand. See my earlier point about critical thinking.)

The reality is that none of the Covid 19 vaccines in use to date have been successful in the gold standard goal which is to prevent transmission or acquisition of the virus.

What all of the currently approved vaccines in Australia (and, I suspect, Europe) do achieve is to significantly reduce the mortality rate of the disease as well as at least partially reducing the transmission and acquisition rates.

So, yes, people are still getting the disease, but the mortality rate is way lower. How much lower? Good question, just the sort I’d expect from an intelligent and thoughtful high school student. To answer them I would say “I do not know.” I would instead point them to some data sources and invite them to do some of their own research, applying their critical thinking skills to the data they find, considering the source of the data, any biases that may be present and agendas being driven by the people presenting the data. Students today are pretty good at this.

My personal understanding , based on the data sources I trust, is that there is a greater than 80% reduction in serious illness or death. You should apply a some critical thinking to come to your own conclusions.

Finally, the tricky bit, why the greater infection rates now? Again, time to really dig into those critical thinking skills. Some of my brighter students, particularly those who have done the maths of epidemiology will note that there have been two changes. The first is that lockdowns have reduced and the population is moving more freely. The second is that there has been time for the disease to dissipate throughout the population and geography thus increasing the infection source points many orders of magnitude over the initial outbreaks.

So, have a crack at that, if you need help I’m in my office this arvo and I’m happy to help you with your project. Remember ANY student has the potential for an A in this topic, even Mr B.

If you want the stats have a look at the Scotland Government site for a good break down - O.1% difference between the Vaxxed and Unvaxxed for hospitalisations and deaths - I'll let you draw your own High School conclusions.

On a side note, yes critical thinking is the new catch word, shame the quality of education has dropped through the floor - I used to work for an Australian University and the drop in standards and level of education compared to just 10 years ago is eye opening, but compared to 20 years ago its unrecognisable.
Old 20-11-2021, 21:47   #1915

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
If you want the stats have a look at the Scotland Government site for a good break down - O.1% difference between the Vaxxed and Unvaxxed for hospitalisations and deaths - I'll let you draw your own High School conclusions.

On a side note, yes critical thinking is the new catch word, shame the quality of education has dropped through the floor - I used to work for an Australian University and the drop in standards and level of education compared to just 10 years ago is eye opening, but compared to 20 years ago its unrecognisable.

Out of curiosity, what did you do at this Australian university?

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 20-11-2021, 21:50   #1916

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:

Quote:
PHS told Reuters that the data actually shows that vaccinated individuals are far less likely to die from COVID-19 infection than unvaccinated individuals, once you take into account the underlying population sizes and differences in the age structure of individuals who are vaccinated compared to unvaccinated.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSL1N2QQ24L
Old 20-11-2021, 21:57   #1917

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:

Never mind 20 years ago.

The drop in standards since I was educated sixty plus years ago is absolutely appalling.
Old 21-11-2021, 01:16   #1918
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Parliment of Australia, Is not the Commonwealth Parliment of Australia,
Parliment of Australia is a private company with an ABN,
So what you quoted is null and void,

Private companys with an ABN have no legal power to make Laws or Fine people under the Australian Commonwealth Constitution, 1901,

Our Constitution is the only one in the world That cannot be changed with out a full referendum from the people,
Which has not been done,
Our Commonwealth Constitution, 1901, still stands, no matter how these slimy grubs like to twist it,

Every illegal Govt in Australia, Every Police Force, Every Court, Is a private Company with an ABN,They are all illegal.
Including the new Constitution of 1984 that they tried to pass onto us,
But with out a Full Referendum, They are all illegal and their Mandates are illegal as well,

Ty Googling their ABN's,
FWIW, Their house of cards is about to fall, HARD,
Stop watching MSM, they are part of the Insideous NEW WORLD ORDER that is taking over the world,

If you own a property, See if you can find the title for it, It no longer exists,
You dont own your property any more, They have removed all titles for your propertys,

Australians have finally got of their layed back clackers and are now fighting to get our God Given Freedoms back,

It is not the govts to take and or to give,
Praise be, you are a breath of fresh air Mr B. Thank you for reminding me that everyone has an opinion.

I am taking your advice and scuttling MSM. I'm now discovering the amazing wealth of knowledge which available to one and all on PTM (peripheral trickle media). I gonna become a card carrying member of the OWO (old world order).

Liberation lives and although it is only early days on my new journey towards enlightenment, I'm hard on the winds of salvation with a full rig and only a few tacks away from Nirvana. I'm navigating the flat earth with the helm lashed towards the centre of the sun.

Covid vaccine begone - blessed are the GGFF (god given freedom fighters).

Hallelujah brother!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2021, 01:31   #1919

Quote:

Well, you’ve rather embarrassed yourself there. As Paul’s post shows, you’ve been quoting a social media article without validating or analysing the source data,

On a marking rubric you’d certainly score low for the analysis phase.

I’m not sure which university was desperate enough to employ you but if it was in a role more critical than groundskeeper I think they can be forgiven for denying any connection.

Incidentally, I too worked for a University. One thing it taught me was working at a university proves nothing at all about your academic credentials. The fact that you felt the need to validate yourself in this way suggests you didn’t get far enough to figure that out for yourself,
Old 21-11-2021, 01:38   #1920

The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Actually, UFO’s post reminds me that the level of mathematical literacy in this country is tragically low.

The foolish text message by some failed Liberal politician claiming to show similar issues in Australia also failed to take account of or understand the numerical effects from high rates of vaccination.

Tags
Australia