Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2021, 10:41   #2041

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Here's one for just for you - Anagram of Omicron
Is that what passes as "science" for the anti vaxer's and tin foil hat wearer's?
Old 28-11-2021, 11:06   #2042

Inevitable, what it doesn't say below but does mention in the video (link) is that they are chasing 29 other people from the flight that were allowed to isolate at home.

Two travellers test positive to Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Sydney

https://www.9news.com.au/national/om...19-in-s_281121

Quote:
Two returned travellers have tested positive to the new Omicron variant os after arriving in Sydney overnight.

NSW Health has confirmed two people who flew into Sydney about 7pm on Saturday from southern Africa had since tested positive to COVID-19, which was later found to be caused by the new variant.

Both travellers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are asymptomatic. They are in isolation in the special health accommodation.

The travellers were among 14 people from southern Africa who arrived on Qatar Airways QR908, Doha to Sydney.

The other 12 passengers are undertaking 14 days of hotel quarantine.

About 260 passengers and air crew on the flight are considered close contacts and have been directed to isolate.

The sudden arrival of the Omicron variant in Australia took many by surprise, particularly due to the new entry restrictions.

"We thought that we would get turned back," one passenger, wearing a mask, told 9News.

"We were on the tarmac and they turned us back to get a health official to tell us whether we could land or not."

Others took health measures into their own hands, with multiple passengers arriving in Sydney wearing their own hazmat suits.

Border restrictions introduced yesterday mean any Australians who have been in South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, Malawi, and the Seychelles in the past 14 days must enter hotel quarantine for 14 days, irrespective of their vaccination status.

NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet today urged people to get a COVID-19 booster shot if they are six months on from their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

It took the Delta strain of COVID-19 just three weeks to reach 53 countries. There is early evidence Omicron could be far more transmissible.

It has already reached the UK, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel.

"It's more transmissible and potentially it can evade some of the vaccines," Jane Halton from the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness told Today.

Be Brave, Take Risks, Nothing Can Substitute Experience
Old 28-11-2021, 19:43   #2043

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
How many people do you actually know that have suffocated of Covid or I should say within 28 days of a positive test for covid?

I have a large family and friends network in the UK and the USA and even on the friend of friend who knows about someone I know one person. I do know with the same scenario probably hundreds of people that have had it and are fine.

On the other side I personally know because of the lockdowns of 5 business that have gone under, with one owner committing suicide and another dying of an accidental drugs overdose when they got into drugs after losing their job. In this time frame I also know of 3 people that have died of other natural causes. So the term on-masse does not gel with me and in relation to the normal annual death rate its a drop in the ocean - That's not saying anything but my personal experience of the pandemic.

So you are asking for your freedoms to be curtailed??? Not a good idea in my personal opinion - Freedoms taken are rarely given back.

Actually people are basically being forced into taking the jab - How many, especially young people can afford to lose their jobs? I know of quite a few people who did not want the vax, but had/will have it as they could not pay their rent or buy food if they did/do not - If that is not Forcing (pinning down) then maybe you need to re-define your idea of the word in the context of what is happening.

I keep getting told by people that have had the jab and the media, that it works and that you are basically saved from hospitilisation and death, so what is the real reason for wanting and FORCING those who do not want to have it to take it - Especially those who are at infinitesimal risk from it.

Lets hope you are correct about the self healing of authoritarian governments, but by the sounds of it WA is too far gone from what I am hearing and QLD are trying, but there is resistance - The rest of Aus is on the downward spiral as well - Only time will tell.
I have personally known 5 people who have died since Covid turned up. Two relatives in their late 70's, cause of death - old age. Two very good friends down the road, late 80's, cause of death - very old age. One friend in Austria - Covid.
I have not known anyone who has had covid - except the friend in Austria.

Therefore 20% have died of covid and 100% of those that contracted covid died.

Scary stuff.
Old 28-11-2021, 22:11   #2044

Boat: Other peoples

Ive known 5 people in Australia with Covid (all NSW). All young, one was a baby. One is still suffering lethargy months later.

I've had one friend in America lose 3 family members so far.

Covid has only just started, its only 2 years in and has already killed well over 5 million people.

This is from a Vaccine making research scientist mate of mine:
"This **** is going to mutate like a mother f###r!! (note: corona viruses have an error checking protein, but... they still mutate f##king quickly) That's how these shitty virus' work... they've been doing it for millions of years. The best, yes, the best thing we have now is the current technology of vaccines developed by a bunch of nerds that are a metric ****load more smarterer than you and I.... The current vaccines work by reducing the chance that the vaccinated will get covid, be royally bent over and repeatedly rogered by a 30kd belt of RNA, and since they reduce the overall viral load, they reduce the chance of someone spreading the virus and it making a further mutation that f##s humanity up..."

Get vaccinated.
Old 28-11-2021, 22:23   #2045

Meanwhile Federal Health Minister Hunt says that after Israel we are one of the eariest countries in the world to start a 'whole of country booster' program. Just after 1m30s

Really?

Either he thinks we are stupid or he is stupid.
Booster graph below
In fairness the number of boosters given will rapidly increase from mid December, 9 months ( 3 + 6 ) from when vaxx was first available to the general Australian public.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boooosters.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	249026  
Old 28-11-2021, 23:21   #2046

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Meanwhile Federal Health Minister Hunt says that after Israel we are one of the eariest countries in the world to start a 'whole of country booster' program.

Really?

Either he thinks we are stupid or he is stupid.
Booster graph below

In fairness the number of boosters given will rapidly increase from mid December, 9 months ( 3 + 6 ) from when vaxx was first available to the general Australian public.

Here's my slightly different view of data on the same question. I have chosen to keep 2 of El Ping's benchmarks and have added a handful of neighbouring economies so you can see how truthful the Honourable Minister Greg Hunt is:-
Old 28-11-2021, 23:29   #2047

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke 1 View Post
Ive known 5 people in Australia with Covid (all NSW). All young, one was a baby. One is still suffering lethargy months later.

I've had one friend in America lose 3 family members so far.

Covid has only just started, its only 2 years in and has already killed well over 5 million people.

This is from a Vaccine making research scientist mate of mine:
"This **** is going to mutate like a mother f###r!! (note: corona viruses have an error checking protein, but... they still mutate f##king quickly) That's how these shitty virus' work... they've been doing it for millions of years. The best, yes, the best thing we have now is the current technology of vaccines developed by a bunch of nerds that are a metric ****load more smarterer than you and I.... The current vaccines work by reducing the chance that the vaccinated will get covid, be royally bent over and repeatedly rogered by a 30kd belt of RNA, and since they reduce the overall viral load, they reduce the chance of someone spreading the virus and it making a further mutation that f##s humanity up..."

Get vaccinated.

I think the Australian Federal government would be well served by employing you as their health spokesperson.
Old 28-11-2021, 23:31   #2048

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Here's my slightly different view of data on the same question. I have chosen to keep 2 of El Ping's benchmarks and have added a handful of neighbouring economies so you can see how truthful the Honourable Minister Greg Hunt is:-
Mate, ace it up, the minister is neither honourable or truthful, he is attempting to sell the party line.
And I am usually a liberal voter.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 29-11-2021, 01:33   #2049

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Mate, ace it up, the minister is neither honourable or truthful, he is attempting to sell the party line.
And I am usually a liberal voter.
No worries, Uncle Bob.

I assure you that I do not regard Mrs Hunt's little boy Gregory Andrew, or his behaviour, as honourable.

Quite the contrary. I think that El Pinguino has shown solid evidence that little Gregory has become loose with the truth as he matures.

Neverthebloodyless, little Gregory is now a member of the Aus Federal Executive Council. For life.

And entitled to be addressed by one and all as 'The Honourable Gregory Andrew Hunt' for life.

Sad how capital-H Honourable means that the bearer of the title is very likely a sociopath.

https://www.stylemanual.gov.au/gramm...and-parliament
Old 29-11-2021, 13:49   #2050

It would appear that the 'pandemic bill' will be passed in Victoria today. This means essentially that decisions will be made by elected officials rather than unelected bureaucrats.

7:41
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...29-p59d6a.html

Who are the antivaxx ratbags going to find to bulk up their demonstrations now?
Old 29-11-2021, 14:03   #2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke 1 View Post
See I haven't found that i'm not free to move about my own country. Tasmania has been largely Covid free this whole time so we have been free to travel anywhere in Australia.
If you honestly believe any of the highlighted, then you quite obviously have not done much travelling around Aus in the last 2 years!

As an example, try 'freely' travelling to NSW or Vic for a week or so and then try travelling 'freely' back home, let us know how you go....

Or jump on the ferry at Devonport and try and do a road trip around the big island, see how 'freely' you can do that with your Tasmanian citizenship...

Have a good read here >>> https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/t...80%93-domestic

I have due to the nature of my work continued to travel interstate during the pandemic mostly from Qld (home) to the NT and WA, all require jumping through hoops with border passes/exemptions and now proof of vaccination, things are starting to relax some, but it will still be some time before Australians can freely check in at any airport and just walk out in any state at the other end, Tasmanians included.

Just because you come from an area that has largely been covid free does not make you immune from other state restrictions when travelling around the rest of the country.

Be Brave, Take Risks, Nothing Can Substitute Experience
Old 29-11-2021, 23:02   #2052

Boat: Other peoples

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
If you honestly believe any of the highlighted, then you quite obviously have not done much travelling around Aus in the last 2 years!

As an example, try 'freely' travelling to NSW or Vic for a week or so and then try travelling 'freely' back home, let us know how you go....

Or jump on the ferry at Devonport and try and do a road trip around the big island, see how 'freely' you can do that with your Tasmanian citizenship...

Have a good read here >>> https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/t...80%93-domestic

I have due to the nature of my work continued to travel interstate during the pandemic mostly from Qld (home) to the NT and WA, all require jumping through hoops with border passes/exemptions and now proof of vaccination, things are starting to relax some, but it will still be some time before Australians can freely check in at any airport and just walk out in any state at the other end, Tasmanians included.

Just because you come from an area that has largely been covid free does not make you immune from other state restrictions when travelling around the rest of the country.
"Travellers who have only spent time in low-risk areas listed above in the 14 days prior to arrival in Tasmania are not required to quarantine upon arrival." "Travellers from low-risk areas are permitted to transit directly though medium and high-risk areas without being subject to quarantine requirements on arrival". Stay out of hot LGAs and coming home, as is flying anywhere from here is no drama. We could even go direct to NZ and not quarrenteen on arrival back home until Sydney mucked up and gave NZ Covid (again). We also have a direct flight to Perth.

As i said, as a Tasmanian domestic travel has been normal, sure you have to stay out of hot LGA's but that's easy enough to avoid. But yes if I'm going to jump in a Camper and do the loop then things would change quickly, which was not the point of my post. Your jumping borders left right and centre and don't come from a Covid free state. Low covid numbers sure, QLD has also been pretty tough on going through NSW.
I haven't done much traveling the last 2 years, one trip to Airlie Beach via Brisbane and one to Adelaide. I have not been prevented from traveling any of those times.
Had friends visit at least 4 times from Sydney and one from QLD.
Old 29-11-2021, 23:34   #2053

So, within hours of a cross bencher helping to get Dan's modified Pandemic bill across the line he is getting death threats from the lunatic fringe.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...b48b204ba93f62

'Ratlickers' is too kind.
Old 30-11-2021, 00:02   #2054

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
It would appear that the 'pandemic bill' will be passed in Victoria today. This means essentially that decisions will be made by elected officials rather than unelected bureaucrats.

7:41
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...29-p59d6a.html

Who are the antivaxx ratbags going to find to bulk up their demonstrations now?
Nah, only one elected official.
Old 30-11-2021, 01:41   #2055

Has any Australian posting in this thread noticed it is now over 130 pages and it is mostly diatribe directed at Australia by Australians. That is us all over, no matter the subject it is always someone else's fault, usually politicians and particularly if you are opposed to the current guvmint. Give it a rest people we are tired of hearing about it....

Tags
Australia