Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2021, 02:21   #2236
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post
And all you two clowns have done is prove what you are...sadly, one only by association.

At least one of you has the ability, apparently, to 'think' for himself --- though that ability seems to stop at the level of self-examination (perhaps for hypocrisy?) --- not to mention (as previously noted) comprehension of simple abstract ideas.
Aww Diddums.. Wassup.??? Running outa toys to throw outa your pram..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 27-12-2021, 02:25   #2237

Boat: Outremer 55L
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Wineglass bay is a secret. You are supposed to tell people it is a horrible anchorage with stinking polluted beaches.

You’re right, it totally sucked. Lots of riff raff on the beach, huge man of war jellies in the water, glowering granite slabs threatening from one side, open to the Tasman Sea, only one bar of 4G; frankly, it was horrible and we were relieved to leave.

Don’t go there folks!
Old 27-12-2021, 18:39   #2238

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
You’re right, it totally sucked. Lots of riff raff on the beach, huge man of war jellies in the water, glowering granite slabs threatening from one side, open to the Tasman Sea, only one bar of 4G; frankly, it was horrible and we were relieved to leave.

Don’t go there folks!
And don't you forget it. [emoji846]
Old 27-12-2021, 18:42   #2239

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Well it is aRaF if there is any easterly around.

Pretty but RaF.
True.

Just horrible really. People should avoid it at all costs.

If you see me anchored in there it is because I am waiting there to warn people off.
Old 28-12-2021, 23:07   #2240

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Brad Hazzard has had enough!
'Passive Aggressive Stupidity' - a new one for me.

https://www.rt.com/news/544562-austr...ts-queensland/
Old 29-12-2021, 01:13   #2241

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Brad Hazzard has had enough!
'Passive Aggressive Stupidity' - a new one for me.
What to say?

Health Hazzard and other health ministers, epidemiologists, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all have for many months pushed to the public the idea of 'get tested, do the right thing and get tested'.

Some tiny fraction of non-QLD people now want to flee the plague states and go to sunny QLD. Cannot blame them.

The contradiction is that whether they (the potential tourists) or the rest (those who have been led by Health Hazzard et al. to accept the 'get tested! get tested!' mantra as a means of managing Covid-19), the results are the same:-

* taxpayers' funds/govt budgets are absorbing the cost of tests (some of which, plus the waiting time in queues at test centres, do little clinical good for anyone); and

* the team of Scotty from Marketing and Mrs Hunt's little boy Gregory (plus Health Hazzard and his gold-standard department, plus the cartels of pharmacy monopolists protected from competition by govt decree) may have overlooked the need to order adequate supplies of antigen rapid test kits (aka 'lateral flow tests' in certain jurisdictions).

For some of the issues of Rapid Test Kit - Antigen, see the usual source of all:

https://www.mamamia.com.au/rapid-antigen-test-accuracy/
Old 29-12-2021, 11:39   #2242

I hear they are setting up re-education camps in an attempt to get the average punter to re-align his thoughts regarding the need for testing.

'The Commonwealth’s Chief Medical Officer, Paul Kelly, said the current testing system, under which people have faced waiting times of six to eight hours and result delays of up to five days, was no longer medically fit for purpose.

“Frankly, if you have to wait for eight hours in a queue and then 72 to 96 hours to get a result, it’s not fulfilling any useful public health function and it is delaying proper clinical care,” Professor Kelly said on Wednesday.

But the push to change from PCR to rapid antigen testing could be stymied by a lack of stock of rapid tests with supply patchy across the country and state orders for millions of new tests not expected to arrive in Australia until the end of January.

Australian Medical Association vice-president Dr Chris Moy said the federal government was too slow to make the move away from widespread PCR testing.

“The time when we needed to switch over to RAT testing was always going to come in opening up,” he said.

“In fact, the time for when we needed to convert over to using RAT tests was yesterday. What we need is access and policies for the average punter to know when to use them right now because I don’t think the average punter knows what to do.”

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...29-p59kq0.html

Meanwhile back in the Hermit Kingdom 'Currently, West Australians can be fined $20,000 or companies $100,000 for undertaking a rapid antigen test for COVID-19. '
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...28-p59kjr.html

and
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...29-p59kqd.html

Meanwhile the states are having to bid against each other to obtain RATs while Scumbo sits on a beach in Fiji.

Deja vu all over again.
Old 29-12-2021, 11:44   #2243

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahun View Post
I didn't ask your opinion.

Well to be honest you kind of left it open
Old 29-12-2021, 17:22   #2244
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
But the push to change from PCR to rapid antigen testing could be stymied by a lack of stock of rapid tests with supply patchy across the country and state orders for millions of new tests not expected to arrive in Australia until the end of January.

Australian Medical Association vice-president Dr Chris Moy said the federal government was too slow to make the move away from widespread PCR testing.

“The time when we needed to switch over to RAT testing was always going to come in opening up,” he said.

“In fact, the time for when we needed to convert over to using RAT tests was yesterday. What we need is access and policies for the average punter to know when to use them right now because I don’t think the average punter knows what to do.”

Meanwhile the states are having to bid against each other to obtain RATs while Scumbo sits on a beach in Fiji.

Deja vu all over again.
Blind Freddy would have foreseen this FUBAR / SNAFU a country mile away; perhaps the guy who doesn't hold the hose is counting on long Omicron destroying the memory cells of the punters.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 29-12-2021, 17:58   #2245

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Blind Freddy would have foreseen this FUBAR / SNAFU a country mile away; perhaps the guy who doesn't hold the hose is counting on long Omicron destroying the memory cells of the punters.
Ooo! That one: https://www.crikey.com.au/dossier-of...nd-falsehoods/

In the meantime M'sieur le Perrottet pushes the 'let it rip' policy confident that at least one of his kiddies will survive the plague, while those unfortunate enough to be without a boat on which to lavish love and care just fritter their lives and money away: https://www.mamamia.com.au/spending-money/

Signore Rome, may I introduce Signore Fiddle?
Old 29-12-2021, 18:06   #2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Ooo! That one: https://www.crikey.com.au/dossier-of...nd-falsehoods/

In the meantime M'sieur le Perrottet pushes the 'let it rip' policy confident that at least one of his kiddies will survive the plague, while those unfortunate enough to be without a boat on which to lavish love and care just fritter their lives and money away: https://www.mamamia.com.au/spending-money/

Signore Rome, may I introduce Signore Fiddle?
In a perverse way - I'd luv to be able to forget this season of Home and Away in Hawaii.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 29-12-2021, 21:35   #2247

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post

Don’t go there folks!
Happy to see some sailing information on this thread. Maybe we can expand that by listing anchorages like Wineglass Bay as Covid hotspots/exposure sites.
Or we can further extend information where to get tested on the water. I have a few thousand of Rapid Antigen kits, can come to you in my RIB. PCR test on request.
Travelling to Victoria shortly. Me sailing to your anchorage might take some time. By that time you will be in a bodybag or will have completely recovered. The way things are looking, it will be the latter.

No, I don't carry Ivermectin, see the local vet for that.
Old 29-12-2021, 23:03   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankOnthewater View Post
No, I don't carry Ivermectin, see the local vet for that.
I have 5 litres of Ivermectin pour-on if you want to drop by the campo.
Seems to work.
None of my cows have covid.
Old 30-12-2021, 00:31   #2249

Quote:
I have 5 litres of Ivermectin pour-on if you want to drop by the campo.
Seems to work.
None of my cows have covid.
Used a couple of tubes of ivermectin paste last week; the marketing suggested it had a palatable oaten taste but the recipients didn't seem to think so - one of the guys spat it out faster than a cap going overboard in a force 8 gale.
Old 30-12-2021, 00:43   #2250

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Used a couple of tubes of ivermectin paste last week; the marketing suggested it had a palatable oaten taste but the recipients didn't seem to think so - one of the guys spat it out faster than a cap going overboard in a force 8 gale.
Jeeze, Wottie, you sure are hard on crew! Or were these guys four-legged???

Jim

Tags
Australia