Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2021, 01:23   #226

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJHC View Post
Since I got my second AZ dose my internet has been running really slowly!
Shuda got Phizer - would be much faster - has the latest MS chip
Old 27-08-2021, 01:25   #227

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJHC View Post
Since I got my second AZ dose my internet has been running really slowly!

:bigg rin:

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 27-08-2021, 01:32   #228

The cut-price OxfordAstraZenica uses old Sinclair ZX81 chips
Old 27-08-2021, 01:40   #229

Meanwhile - back to the Big Freakout!

That is what Gladys, Slomo and Josh along with the rest of the LNP are currently enjoying.

Stuffed if I know how they will spin the next economic figures

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...24-p58lju.html

All of which can be sheeted back to them - stuffed up hotel quarantine -tick - stuffed up vaccine procurement - tick ...

And as this article points out they have been responsible for the greatest lockdown/lockup/lockout of them all - the closure of our international borders to all but the rich and famous for over 18 months.
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...24-p58lju.html
Old 27-08-2021, 05:36   #230

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Shuda got Phizer - would be much faster - has the latest MS chip

Yeah, that’s the one I got, but then I had to upgrade Windows.
Old 27-08-2021, 05:57   #231

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post

^^ I was one of those 1 per hundred. Today I received the 2nd AZ exactly 12 weeks to the hour after the first.

Presumably I'll be around to post more stuff over the coming days and weeks . . .
Great news!! We certainly want to keep you around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	champagne-pop.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	244304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
. . .unless the local 5G tower activates the nanoparticles swirling around my body.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotflmao.png
Views:	83
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	244305
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 27-08-2021, 05:58   #232

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Dock head, stop it, stop it I say, you will only encourage the anti lifers to profilerate their opposition to the alledged death vaccs.

. . .
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 27-08-2021, 06:55   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by C420sailor View Post
In a related professional or academic environment? When the standard would be calling someone Mr/Mrs/Miss? Of course.

But when someone wants to be called ‘Dr Smith’ on the fireground, where the rest of us call each other by our first names, nicknames, or simply ‘hey *******!’, that’s not gonna happen
Well, yes, he is being an a...s but that does not change the fact that a person with a PhD is a Doctor, it is the title, and the correct, polite form of address is Doctor. Insisting on the use of the title is a different topic.

Later,
Dan
Old 27-08-2021, 07:05   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I think it is only fair that a PhD. be addressed as DR. but with the specialty of the doctorate. For example Dr. of linguistics Mr. XXX. I have a son of that specialty, dumber than rocks in most other areas. By the same thinking a medical Dr. may only be good in his field.
Never heard of anyone called Dr with their specialty mentioned. Not sure how that would work? Dr. Smith of Biology? Dr of Biology Smith. It is just Dr. Smith.

Too many of the PhDs I have known I truly wondered how they got dressed in the morning. Some of them only knew The Book they had been teaching for years. Start asking questions outside the book and you find their limits fast. But that does not mean they are stupid.

We have run across too many MDs that are completely incompetent.

Later,
Dan
Old 27-08-2021, 07:50   #235

Boat: Van de Stadt 38'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post

FWIW: I'd be more concerned by the country's climate change record [among worst in developed world].
Australia is one of only two countries in the G20 not implementing or planning any sort of carbon price scheme, one of only four without a national policy to increase renewable energy and ranks last in cutting greenhouse gas emissions from transport
The Climate Transparency report *, an assessment by 14 organisations released before the recent virtual G20 summit, said Australia ranked in the bottom bracket in every climate policy area considered except one.
Canada doesn't rate all that well, either.
I agree with Gord about climate change: being caused to sizeable extend by your Australia.
Read the following docx file and see what can happen. It will stop you complaining about your trivia.

http://www.aisdigital.com/global-warming.docx
Old 27-08-2021, 07:57   #236

Boat: Tayana 52

Try getting into Australia by boat. We’ve both had 2 Pfizer shots and will be arriving from Fiji, around a 10 day trip to Brisbane. Regardless of time spent at sea (and some people are going directly from Tahiti to Aus - and have been fully vaccinated) you still have to spend 14 days in hotel in hotel quarantine at your expense ($3000). We had the vaccine to protect ourselves, not other people who won’t have the vaccine.
Old 27-08-2021, 07:58   #237

If you would do some research, and I do not mean on Web.md, but on trusted, science based sites, even just read reputable newspapers such as the NY Times, the National Geographic Coronavirus Special Edition, you will learn about the breakthrough cases of Covid in people who have received any one of the 3 available vaccines in the US, and among those who got Astra Zeneca in Great Britain. You will read that people who have been vaccinated and become exposed to the virus might not get sick themselves, but are absolutely capable of unknowingly passing the virus to others they are in contact with. You will also read that the makers of the mRNA vaccines are now disclosing that the efficacy of their vaccines wanes over a period of 6-8 months. You should read STAT, which has a devastating medical/scientific report in all of this. You will also learn that at least 10 or 11 states in the US are prohibiting vaccine mandates. So if you do not understand how pandemics work, let me explain a basic fact: as long as a large percentage, no, even a moderate percentage of people in this country and worldwide do not get vaccinated, do not get boosters as needed, this bloody, killer virus will continue to mutate into worse and worse variants...take note of the Lambda variant which is on its way to the US and is worse in all respects and far more deadly than Delta. This bloody virus will continue to kill, and for those who get it and don't die, many of them will suffer long-term, devastating physical and cognitive problems. So everyone who refuses to get vaccinated, everyone, including those who have been vaccinated, who refuse to wear masks outdoors as well as when they are indoors with people who are not those they live with, are not only putting themselves at risk, they are potentially harming, perhaps even killing others. And they are contributing to the spread and ever growing deadliness of this virus in all its variants.

You may not know that you are a carrier, even though you have been vaccinated. But if you refuse to be tested, refuse to wear a mask, you are as much a part of the problem as those who never got vaccinated.

Seamaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
A friend of mine and his father who came down to WA from NT were stopped covid tested and told to self isolate until the results were in - 5-6 days!!!!

They stuck the swab so far up his fathers nose that it caused a very large nose bleed!

Both of them have had BOTH vaccination shots and when they told them this they were told that you can still catch and spread Covid even if vaccinated and that they still must isolate until the results come in.

What sort of Mickey Mouse world (sorry Country) do we live in where HEALTHY (Vaccinated) People are locked up?

As for 5-6 days to get the results back, well that is truly taking the pi$$.

Vive la Révolution
Old 27-08-2021, 14:14   #238

Boat: Island Packet 40

"Originally Posted by GordMay View Post

FWIW: I'd be more concerned by the country's climate change record [among worst in developed world].
Australia is one of only two countries in the G20 not implementing or planning any sort of carbon price scheme, one of only four without a national policy to increase renewable energy and ranks last in cutting greenhouse gas emissions from transport
The Climate Transparency report *, an assessment by 14 organisations released before the recent virtual G20 summit, said Australia ranked in the bottom bracket in every climate policy area considered except one.
Canada doesn't rate all that well, either."

Dig a little deeper Gord.

Australia actually has an excellent record in climate change mitigation. What it also has is an exceptionally poor record of making AGW/CC mitigation promises it has ne real intention of keeping.

If you want to see what the "net zero by 2050" scam is really about you need look no further than the $100 billion per year from the productive economies that the UN scammers want control of to distribute to their cronies.

In dealing with the corona virus Australia has managed the crisis fairly well from a public health viewpoint but not so well from an economic viewpoint and, as is their want and in line with their "never let a crisis go unexploited" one segment of the polity has unashamedly exploited it for their political benefit.

The same segment of the polity is also propagating the myth that it's all the fault of the incumbent prime minister in the hope that some of the mud they are throwing will stick and benefit their side at the upcoming election. Hopefully the voting populace will see through this and vote accordingly.

The federal government closed the national borders and kept a general nationwide outbreak at bay. The quarantine failures were NSW with the cruise ship incident, Victoria in letting it loose in the old peoples homes and the latest NSW in allowing it to be transmitted from a transfer to quarantine limo driver into the general public. All three of these incidents occurred in areas completely under the control and authority of state governments via their constitutional rights in health matters. The very same rights they are exercising to initiate border closures and lock downs.

The prime ministers biggest mistake was in believing that he could get cooperation from the state premiers (remember Paul Keeting's remark that this was generally about as successful as herding cats) he did place orders for vacine before any of them were fully developed for human use and got licenses for domestic production by the Commonwealth Serum Laboratory even before any of them were proved safe and effective for human use and if any of the states was not satisfied with his choice they had the option of placing their own orders, after all they all run their own health systems the commonwealth government being only responsible for partially funding them.

The greatest public health failures have taken place in Victoria where the most savage responses have been implemented. This is just one of a pattern in that state and has resulted from the gradual decline in quality of it's public services which is also evident in a number of spheres (police using defense lawyers as informants in criminal proceedings and running vendettas against church officials for example)

Since NSW has received by far the greatest number of returning Australians during the public health crisis and has declined to impose arbitrary border closures it was probably inevitable that if there was an incursion of the virus from overseas it would occur in NSW. Again, overall in the circumstances prevailing the NSW premier was until recently the stand out performer among the state premiers, unfortunately she has lately faded a little under the constant barrage of criticism from her politically motivated protagonists in other states.

The fat lady aint sung yet but signs of hope are occurring and it appears that our prime minister is beginning to realize that he has no greater cat herding skills than any of his predecessors and common sense may yet prevail.
Old 27-08-2021, 14:24   #239

Beats the crap out of dying or someone else possibly dying. Hey you could be in the USA where we have vaccines a plenty and not enough people that will take them. Meanwhile, they are dying like flies, the young too.
I just lost a close family friend only 27 yrs old that would not get vaccinated. He paid the ultimate price.
And yes, you are right, we do need to use common sense but I would much rather see it error on the safe side.
Old 27-08-2021, 14:47   #240

Looks like 'Mandate' is Gladys' new buzzword.
Having mandated that vaccination is a requirement for school teachers in NSW it is now a requirement for anybody wanting to do anything anywhere

'Unvaccinated people will not be able to enter restaurants, bars and other hospitality venues once NSW begins opening up after reaching a 70 per cent vaccination rate, under a proposal being considered by the state government. Consultation with industry groups is under way to discuss the option to require all hospitality staff and patrons to prove they have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine when NSW reopens.'

This on top of
'Frontline workers in Sydney’s COVID-19 hotspots will no longer have the option to undergo rapid antigen testing instead of getting vaccinated after the NSW government made a late change to rules that were due to come into effect on Monday.

But the fast approaching deadline for authorised workers in the 12 local government areas (LGA) of concern to get the jab has been pushed back from August 30 to September 6 after unions and peak bodies pleaded with the government to ease the timeframe.'

All that and mucho mas aqui
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...27-p58mkw.html

Tags
Australia