Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2022, 16:13   #2431

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Only problem with Dennis Atkins's story is that the sub-editor allowed the word 'surpassed' to stand when it should have been replaced with 'supressed'.
Old 19-01-2022, 18:44   #2432

Policy blunders of a size rarely seen:

https://inqld.com.au/news/2022/01/20...-just-10-days/
Old 19-01-2022, 18:46   #2433

Quote:
Policy blunders of a size rarely seen:

https://inqld.com.au/news/2022/01/20...-just-10-days/
And if we use a log scale instead of linear scale:
Old 19-01-2022, 18:58   #2434

Quote:
And if we use a log scale instead of linear scale:
And with Chile and Ecuador added:-
Old 20-01-2022, 02:31   #2435

Boat: Outremer 55L

Back to cruising.

We arrived in Australia last August and spent the next 4 months in Queensland (Southport up to the Whitsunday Islands and back), then sailed to Tasmania for Christmas and are now half way around the island. According to our log we’ve sailed just over 3,000 nm since arriving in Australia five months ago, including 3 weeks on the hard getting some upgrades done.

Other than the 2 weeks quarantine on arrival in Australia and wearing masks to enter shops, we have not noticed any significant issues that can be laid at Covid-19. Stores everywhere have had stock, postage and couriers generally seem to be delayed more than usual, some overseas specialty products (e.g. marine electronics) are out of stock or take longer to get, and marine services trades are crazy busy. But the cruising? No problems at all.

What we have seen, experienced and our interactions with locals on land and sea so far is great, really great. This is an amazing cruising destination.
Old 20-01-2022, 03:02   #2436

Queensland wastewater test results for Covid-19:
Old 20-01-2022, 05:03   #2437

Boat: Westerly Sealord

When if ever will WA open up?
https://www.theage.com.au/national/w...20-p59q0s.html
He wants a to meet a booster target of 80 to 90% before reopening! given that the entire country is currently less than 25% boosted it could be quite a wait.

Meanwhile here in Ecuador life is abnormaly normal. 90% of over 5yos are double vaxxed and a third of over 5's boosted. However very young children are ending up in ICU. All local ( Cuenca ) deaths are unvaxxed.
Mas Aqui
https://cuencahighlife.com/cuenca-ai...-in-hospitals/
Old 20-01-2022, 10:23   #2438

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Back to cruising.

We arrived in Australia last August and spent the next 4 months in Queensland (Southport up to the Whitsunday Islands and back), then sailed to Tasmania for Christmas and are now half way around the island. According to our log we’ve sailed just over 3,000 nm since arriving in Australia five months ago, including 3 weeks on the hard getting some upgrades done.

Other than the 2 weeks quarantine on arrival in Australia and wearing masks to enter shops, we have not noticed any significant issues that can be laid at Covid-19. Stores everywhere have had stock, postage and couriers generally seem to be delayed more than usual, some overseas specialty products (e.g. marine electronics) are out of stock or take longer to get, and marine services trades are crazy busy. But the cruising? No problems at all.

What we have seen, experienced and our interactions with locals on land and sea so far is great, really great. This is an amazing cruising destination.
Thanks for taking the political aspect out of it.
Old 21-01-2022, 12:07   #2439

This gets more fun by the day. From Sunday all I need to enter Australia is a negative RAT before boarding my flight. ( Do not - I repeat - do not google 'Buy RAT Ecuador'!!)
I still need and am booked in for a full PCR for transiting the US where I think they present more of a threat to me than I do to them.
Better still I only need a negative RAT within 24 hours of arriving in Australia.
https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...21-p59q82.html
So you would think they would hand them out to all arrivals at the airports?
That would make sense but I don't see it happening so it will be off to Wangaratta where they will give me two free RATs. I suppose I can always keep one as a pet. Maybe even train it to drive a forklift .
Old 21-01-2022, 13:49   #2440

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
This gets more fun by the day. From Sunday all I need to enter Australia is a negative RAT before boarding my flight. ( Do not - I repeat - do not google 'Buy RAT Ecuador'!!)
I still need and am booked in for a full PCR for transiting the US where I think they present more of a threat to me than I do to them.
Better still I only need a negative RAT within 24 hours of arriving in Australia.
https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...21-p59q82.html
So you would think they would hand them out to all arrivals at the airports?
That would make sense but I don't see it happening so it will be off to Wangaratta where they will give me two free RATs. I suppose I can always keep one as a pet. Maybe even train it to drive a forklift .
Name it Willard.
Old 21-01-2022, 18:38   #2441

Boat: Island Packet 40

Dangerous Dan, the premier of the state of Victoria, has lost his crown as #1 covid bed wetter to Mark's Menagerie, the premier of western Australia, with Mark's decision to keep the borders of WA closed until February. Rumor has it that his next ploy to justify the continuance of the Stalag WA ploy after February will be to demand that all dogs and cats must have a covid shot and two boosters before it is safe to open the borders.
Old 21-01-2022, 18:43   #2442

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Yair.

The son of a mate flew, for business, from MEL via Dubai to an airport beside a chilly midden heap in Norway known as Oslo. Border authorities at Oslo handed him a free RTK Ag (Rapid Test Kit - Antigen; aka RAT).

The good news from the son was that N Europe has a fun new variant, currently called BA.2, that infects those just recovering from Omicron!
Old 22-01-2022, 05:25   #2443
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Dangerous Dan, the premier of the state of Victoria, has lost his crown as #1 covid bed wetter to Mark's Menagerie, the premier of western Australia, with Mark's decision to keep the borders of WA closed until February. Rumor has it that his next ploy to justify the continuance of the Stalag WA ploy after February will be to demand that all dogs and cats must have a covid shot and two boosters before it is safe to open the borders.
According to this article, it seems to be Dr Sam Kovac [vetrinarian], not WA Premier Mark McGowan, who is pushing for pet vaccination.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nst-Covid.html

Old 22-01-2022, 05:49   #2444

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
According to this article, it seems to be Dr Sam Kovac [vetrinarian], not WA Premier Mark McGowan, who is pushing for pet vaccination.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nst-Covid.html
Certainly is a Daily Mail exclusive and Sam Kovac has had his 15 minutes.

Nothing to be found anywhere else.
Old 22-01-2022, 16:24   #2445

May the king of the sky fairies save Kirabati from god botherers and froot loops.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/ocea...23-p59qgu.html

Godbotherers have done more harm in this world than Covid ever will and when the two combine --

Tags
Australia