Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2022, 16:20   #2491
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiu View Post
That’s not the bottom line. The line that follows is if 15% are asymptomatic and presumably contagious and we know Omicron spreads like wildfire then isn’t a matter of time before everyone gets it? Doesn’t that mean the current restrictions are pointless? The real bottom line is to decide to either throw away the book of rules or lock everyone up in their homes again. Are you following China or Denmark?

Well Its Australia, So china of course. FYI For all you do-gooders and politically correct retentive people out there, this is Not a racist statement, but simply a reflection of policies that the Chinese Government enforces, which the Australian Government(s) seem to be doing their best to emulate.
Old 04-02-2022, 16:34   #2492
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

https://www.dailywire.com/news/johns...cts-on-society

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 04-02-2022, 17:23   #2493

Boat: Oyster 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well Its Australia, So china of course. FYI For all you do-gooders and politically correct retentive people out there, this is Not a racist statement, but simply a reflection of policies that the Chinese Government enforces, which the Australian Government(s) seem to be doing their best to emulate.
How on earth did that happen?
Old 04-02-2022, 17:43   #2494

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiu View Post
How on earth did that happen?
It only happened in UFO's head.

Apart from WA life in Australia is very much back to normal and even in WA its normal - they just have this border thing.
Old 04-02-2022, 20:42   #2495

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Dinkum?

QLD Health commissioned two random surveys on the Gold Coast. Volunteers door-knocked suburbs to randomly test residents, aiming to show how many people had the omicron variant without knowing it.

Note that the Gold Coast is home to cruisers, marinas, and respectable boat yards.

Of the 177 people tested on the weekend in late January, 20 came back positive, or one in six.

Only four of 20 who were positive reported any symptoms.

“There were people walking around the Gold Coast who had no idea they had COVID-19,” QLD Chief Health Officer Gerrard said.

The test was repeated a weekend later where 143 people were tested and 11 tested positive. Six of the 11 reported having symptoms.

The bottom line: goodness knows how much virus is in the community. 17%?
8%? Whatever it is, QLD clearly has more infection than has been confirmed by testing and reported officially.

See: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...03-p59tgw.html
Alan, the figures I quoted in post #2484 are correct, that is to say, taken from government sources, horse's mouth so to speak.

The exercise of random testing people in Qld: I am not surprised with those results, however statistically, I am not sure if such a small sample is representative of the actual situation. In fact I think the percentage of people that have not been reported as positive is far greater than the 8% or 17% you mentioned.

The percentage of the population that has reported to be infected, varies between the states but is now between 6% and 13%. Here are some reasons for the low percentages of those who had covid since end of November or it might be a combination of these reasons:
- lots of people with symptoms could not be bothered getting a test, or did not want to loose money by not working, or did not want to spoil parties, recreational or family activities.
- lots of people could not get a PCR test easily or had access to a RA test
- lots of people had very mild or no symptoms and didn't know they were infected, so they never got tested
- the vaccinations are far more effective as claimed to be

BTW PCR testing sites are NOT very busy in Melbourne, I was in Bourke st last week and Heidelberg this morning, not busy!
if one registers via the website, that takes 5 minutes, then 5 minutes in the testing centre, and you are done. Turnaround (from test to result) is now 12-18 hours.
Here is the registration website for Victoria: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic...itizen-prefill

Better to go to marina now, and see if any boat needs a crew as the weather is very inviting. Good, I have satisfied the requirement of being a boating forum.
Old 05-02-2022, 00:17   #2496
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
It only happened in UFO's head.

Apart from WA life in Australia is very much back to normal and even in WA its normal - they just have this border thing.

Normal?? Come on, as Mr McEnroe used to say... You Can't be Serious!

Well that just goes to show the level of brainwashing into compliance within Australia - You really showed us how things are here with that simple statement.

Is it normal that:

I can not go back to my home within the same country without quarantine? (and that's if they let me at all)
I can not leave the Country without a Vaccination
I can not sit down in a Restaurant (and many other places) without a vaccination
People are supposed to wear masks in many places
Children who are at NO risk form a virus are being vaccinated with a potentially damaging substance
I can not work in my job without a vaccination
I can not run my business without a vaccination
I am expected to sign in everywhere I go (even though the close contact rules make it obsolete)
Jeeze they can't even buy take away beer in WA without a vaccine - Now that really is drawing the line in the sand

I could go on and on and on, but I am sure you get the point and most countries in the world do not have these restrictions - We are on a par with China and you say its all normal here

FYI I know more people that have lost their jobs and businesses because of all this than is beyond belief and you call that Normal You all call us delusional for our beliefs, better take a good look at the reality of living in Australia with Covid and say hello to A Brave New World.... Lets hope a few more people wake up and reject what is occurring.
Old 05-02-2022, 00:38   #2497

So, UFO, what would you have done 2 years ago?
Serious question.
Lots of mistakes made, lots of over reaction not just in Australia but internationaly.
One of the things that was not a mistake was trying to get everyone vaccinated.

Australia is not a world leader in heavy restrictions by any means - Ecuador requires proof of vaccination before entering any shopping mall, business ,getting on public transport or entering an airport.

Two comments - you live in WA ? Bad luck you.

QR codes while entering buildings are so very very yesterday - I expect them to go soon, along with masks except in special circumstances, hospitals, aged care ( still a big issue ) etc.

Speaking of masks. One of my pups is now working in the Canberra hospital.
Day before yesterday they admitted a very old chook... not covid - just terminal old age and other comps. She has been given a week.
Some of the family turn up to see her - 'you have to wear a mask in the hospital'
'no we dont'
'Yes you do'
etc
They refused to budge... didn't get to see Gran.

https://www.health.act.gov.au/news/visitor-restrictions

Some people have serious FitH issues.
Old 05-02-2022, 00:47   #2498
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
The above news report presents a fair summary of the study.

“A LITERATURE REVIEW AND META-ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTS OF LOCKDOWNS ON COVID-19 MORTALITY” ~ by Jonas Herby, Lars Jonung, and Steve H. Hanke
“... While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument ..."
https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/fi...-Mortality.pdf

Old 05-02-2022, 02:31   #2499

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

QLD wastewater (aka sewage) analysis to 4 February 2022 shows consistent infection along the QLD coast.

See: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...tus/wastewater
Old 05-02-2022, 02:51   #2500

NSW prefers a graphic display for its sewage surveillance. Most every port to which cruisers might homeport or visit shows evidence of the dread lurgi.

See: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...s-nsw.aspx#map
Old 05-02-2022, 02:58   #2501

Occupied van Diemen's Land, the site of the genocide of the Palawa and therefore a place shunned by the sensible and occupied only by the accursed (and a few Palawa), shows considerable virus-free sewage.

See: https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/f...esting-results
Old 05-02-2022, 05:22   #2502

Australia's confirmed new cases/day record is being challenged by Nippon, in a last minute sprint:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220205_16/
Old 05-02-2022, 05:28   #2503

Australians (including the resident blow-ins who complain about not being allowed to leave without being vaccinated) need to do better to keep up Australia's record for confirmed death rate:
Old 05-02-2022, 11:36   #2504

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
If I click on that link I get a pop up with a link to Candace and Robert Malone.

Decided to pass on it.

Meanwhile what is a lockdown anyway?
The NZ and Au ones seemed to reduce mortality by Covid.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:40   #2505

A question.

Do you have to be vaccinated and/or recently tested to leave Australia on a yacht?

I do know that if you arrive in a foreign land on a yacht life will be a lot harder for you if you are unvaxed.

Tags
Australia