Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2022, 16:19   #2506

Boat: Oyster 66
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Australia's confirmed new cases/day record is being challenged by Nippon, in a last minute sprint:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220205_16/
Catch up time. Credit to them, they held out for the longest time.

I wonder what’s happening in China too? I doubt we’ll ever know though.
Old 05-02-2022, 17:06   #2507

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Will you post a pic of yourself with said mask?

Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Simple answer - No - not until my ears recover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-months-after-wearing-masks-min-768x770.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	252454   Click image for larger version

Name:	masks evolution.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	252455  

Name:	mask virus.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	252456  
Old 05-02-2022, 18:23   #2508

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Normal?? Come on, as Mr McEnroe used to say... You Can't be Serious!

Well that just goes to show the level of brainwashing into compliance within Australia - You really showed us how things are here with that simple statement.

Is it normal that:

I can not go back to my home within the same country without quarantine? (and that's if they let me at all)
I can not leave the Country without a Vaccination
I can not sit down in a Restaurant (and many other places) without a vaccination
People are supposed to wear masks in many places
Children who are at NO risk form a virus are being vaccinated with a potentially damaging substance
I can not work in my job without a vaccination
I can not run my business without a vaccination
I am expected to sign in everywhere I go (even though the close contact rules make it obsolete)
Jeeze they can't even buy take away beer in WA without a vaccine - Now that really is drawing the line in the sand :biggrin
:

I could go on and on and on, but I am sure you get the point and most countries in the world do not have these restrictions - We are on a par with China and you say its all normal here

FYI I know more people that have lost their jobs and businesses because of all this than is beyond belief and you call that Normal You all call us delusional for our beliefs, better take a good look at the reality of living in Australia with Covid and say hello to A Brave New World.... Lets hope a few more people wake up and reject what is occurring.

Get a grip
Most of the stuff in the bolded bit you already had to do in one form or another

Can't get into another country without a visa
Cant travel without a passport
Can't get into countries without appropriate jabs
Cannot work in many jobs without hard hat, hi Vis gear, safety boots or in other industries, blue card, various certificates an appropriate gear

Geez, you even need a licence, registration, insurance, seatbelts and a crash helmet to drive on the roads
And then there's the rules

As for masks, I used to travel a lot by plane
I always wondered why so many Asians wore masks when I was going through KL, Singapore etc etc
Every time I went through, invariably I was sick as a dog for several days
Then I started wearing masks when in airports
Was never sick again.
Something in it you think?
Old 05-02-2022, 23:21   #2509
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Get a grip
Most of the stuff in the bolded bit you already had to do in one form or another

Cannot work in many jobs without hard hat, hi Vis gear, safety boots or in other industries, blue card, various certificates an appropriate gear

Geez, you even need a licence, registration, insurance, seatbelts and a crash helmet to drive on the roads

I always wondered why so many Asians wore masks when I was going through KL, Singapore etc etc
Was never sick again.

This is the point about how brain washed society has become that they just think its all just normal ITS NOT. Most countries do not have these restrictions, hence the original post referring to Australian policies and Chinese Policies being quite similar.

I for one, along with a LOT of people do not want to have Australia turn into a clone of China for the way the Government controls the population, so those turning a blind eye to it or normalising it I really can not understand, unless they yearn for an oppressive nanny state to hold their hands and tell them what is best for them.

Re Masks, perhaps you should look at your immune system if you continually get ill from simply flying - I flew 54 flights around the world in 18 months and did not get ill once.
Old 05-02-2022, 23:24   #2510

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
This is the point about how brain washed society has become that they just think its all just normal ITS NOT. Most countries do not have these restrictions, hence the original post referring to Australian policies and Chinese Policies being quite similar.

I for one, along with a LOT of people do not want to have Australia turn into a clone of China for the way the Government controls the population, so those turning a blind eye to it or normalising it I really can not understand, unless they yearn for an oppressive nanny state to hold their hands and tell them what is best for them.

Re Masks, perhaps you should look at your immune system if you continually get ill from simply flying - I flew 54 flights around the world in 18 months and did not get ill once.
Be a good chap, name these countries, Ta.
Old 05-02-2022, 23:41   #2511
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:

Golly, it's a bit rude to vilify someone's health status.
Good on you for having a robust immune system, why don't you celebrate that without disparaging others.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 05-02-2022, 23:48   #2512

Quote:

3 flights a month, once ever 10 days, golly.

I had a period with LA800 about 12/18 years ago when they were using A340s. Two or three days after getting back to my boat I would be as sick as sick can be. Happened maybe 5 or 6 times. Fever, vomiting, etc. Never happened going the other way.
I reckon they had a 'fever plane' or it was the water at Stiago or maybe Macca's at Tulla, buggered if I know.
Once I was OK ( late 2005) and a crew member came over by the same route, got crook a few days later, a few days after that we had to lay at anchor up by Puyuahuapi for some days as the rest of us were poleaxed by it.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:00   #2513
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Be a good chap, name these countries, Ta.

Here we go old boy, knock yourself out

https://ourworldindata.org/policy-responses-covid
Old 06-02-2022, 01:06   #2514
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Golly, it's a bit rude to vilify someone's health status.
Good on you for having a robust immune system, why don't you celebrate that without disparaging others.

No rudeness intended, simply pointing out that if you get ill every time you fly that is not normal (unless you are immunocompromised) and hence one should look at ones immune system and take positive actions to correct it - Dr UFO is giving free advice, which is worth exactly what has been paid for it
Old 06-02-2022, 01:35   #2515

Boat: Compass 28

Quote:
I for one, along with a LOT of people do not want to have Australia turn into a clone of China for the way the Government controls the population

I'm sure you're right but, hey, don't the Chinese do such a better job of handling those "freedom" demo's than us? Why here in Oz, the blighters are even featured on our evening news!

Maybe the Chinese just shoot them. Otherwise you're right, no difference in "Scottie from marketing's" approach vs that of Winnie the Pooh
Old 06-02-2022, 02:26   #2516

Boat: Other peoples

Quote:

But can you name them i believe was the question? Not a policy response thing.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:34   #2517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Get a grip

Was never sick again.
Many say masks don't work. As an international airline pilot I would get sick every few months with some kind of bug...but since the pandemic started and I was required to wear a mask, I've not been sick once in over 2 years.

Maybe coincidence, I don't know. Maybe the fact that everybody else is wearing a mask is a factor as well.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:44   #2518

Quote:

Oh dear, those graphs simply prove that Australia is one amongst many to have had restrictions at one time or the other concerning this or that. Also worth noting that the actions of one state show up as a national restriction eg Kim's current border closure in WA and Dan's response to the aged care outbreak in 2020.

The 'stay at home' one is quite silly in that regard. It suggests we are all locked up when in fact it is just a few hard hit remote communities in the NT. Bad luck about the Canadians though but I doubt they want to go out much at this time of year anyway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Events.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	252518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Face.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	252519  

Name:	Stayhome.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	252520  
Old 06-02-2022, 12:43   #2519

Australia to Reopen to Tourists (11:49 a.m. NY)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Australia plans to open its borders to international tourists as soon as possible, a government minister said Sunday, following a report that they will be allowed back by the end of February after a Covid-related hiatus of almost two years.

“We are getting ready to open as soon as we can,” Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews said in an ABC TV interview. “We don’t have all the information we need to be able to take the decision, but we are very close.”

Overseas tourists could be back within two or three weeks, the Herald Sun paper reported earlier on Sunday, citing an unnamed senior government source. An announcement from the government may come as soon as Monday following a meeting of the National Security Committee, the paper said.
Old 06-02-2022, 13:56   #2520

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Australia to Reopen to Tourists (11:49 a.m. NY)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Australia plans to open its borders to international tourists as soon as possible, a government minister said Sunday, following a report that they will be allowed back by the end of February after a Covid-related hiatus of almost two years.

“We are getting ready to open as soon as we can,” Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews said in an ABC TV interview. “We don’t have all the information we need to be able to take the decision, but we are very close.”

Overseas tourists could be back within two or three weeks, the Herald Sun paper reported earlier on Sunday, citing an unnamed senior government source. An announcement from the government may come as soon as Monday following a meeting of the National Security Committee, the paper said.
I wonder if the fact that we will have a federal election just after the claimed re opening has anything to do with it. Or am I just being a wee bit cynical.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em

Tags
Australia