Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2022, 19:44   #2521

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Hot off the press, Australia open to all fully vaccinated visitors from Feb 21st.
Old 06-02-2022, 21:25   #2522

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Which definition of fully vaccinated are they going to use? two plus booster? just two?

Ann
Old 06-02-2022, 21:30   #2523

As of just now

'Fully vaccinated
You are considered to be fully vaccinated for travel to and from Australia if you have completed a course of a vaccine approved or recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). This includes mixed doses. Current approved or recognised vaccines and dosages accepted for travel are:
Two doses at least 14 days apart of:
AstraZeneca Vaxzevria
AstraZeneca Covishield
Pfizer/Biontech Comirnaty
Moderna Spikevax or Takeda
Sinovac Coronavac
Bharat Biotech Covaxin
Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (for people under 60 years of age on arrival in Australia)
Gamaleya Research Institute Sputnik V
Novavax/Biocelect Nuvaxovid.
Or one dose of:
Johnson & Johnson/ Janssen-Cilag COVID Vaccine.'
Old 06-02-2022, 22:00   #2524

Last Set, My wife and her eldest son got a clearance to visit her youngest in NC. In a 5 month coma from illness (NOT covid.
Usually we pay around $4k for Business. This trip, The cheapest. JAL was $8.700 each.
IE Business = less seats. Hence LESS were getting cancelled tickets.

We live in Coastal Q.Land. 5km out of small town. near 50km out of nearest city.
We walked and talked normally no masks etc Not a problem.
The State Premier. Opened the gates to all.
Disaster. Thousands of Covid. Lots dyeing. Bitch. Just sucking up to these people wanting visitors and money. Hopefully she'll close the gates again and send 'em all back where they came from.
90% of us do NOT want then here. F the Tourism businesses. Let's keep lives going..
QLD and The West were the safest States with STRONG Prepiers.
Then the Southern WHINGERS that have moved up here got in her ear...
Get rid of them all. P off back to NSW and VIC where you all came from.
Jabbed. We have three, A Zenica x 2. Pfizer x 1.
Waiting for no 4 now
Old 06-02-2022, 22:06   #2525

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarson View Post
Last Set, My wife and her eldest son got a clearance to visit her youngest in NC. In a 5 month coma from illness (NOT covid.
Usually we pay around $4k for Business. This trip, The cheapest. JAL was $8.700 each.

We live in Coastal Q.Land. 5km out of small town. near 50km out of nearest city.
Disaster. Thousands of Covid. Lots dyeing. Bitch. Just sucking up to these people wanting visitors and money. Hopefully she'll close the gates again and send 'em all back where they came from.
90% of us do NOT want then here. F the Tourism businesses. Let's keep lives going..
Yep, have to agree with you, let all us mexicans stay south of the border and spend all of our dollars in our own neighbourhoods and stuff the whiners to the near north. Peter Dutton et all will no doubt keep you all afloat.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 06-02-2022, 22:56   #2526

Quote:

Waiting for no 4 now
Bit of a contradiction here.
You can't complain about high airfares on the one hand and on the other hand say you want the borders to remain closed.

I paid +$6K for a round trip - cattle class - which I booked in December.
I can now book the same trip in April/May for $2k.

Why do you think this is so?

What have you to worry about if you are boosted?
Old 06-02-2022, 23:31   #2527

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Which definition of fully vaccinated are they going to use? two plus booster? just two?

Ann
Right now fully vaccinated means having received 2 doses of Pfizer, Moderna or Astra Zeneca or one dose of Johnson/jansen (mainly given in USA). Novavax is now also an approved vaccine here, but no one has been given that as yet. Oz also recognises 4 other vaccines given overseas (2 doses of each): Sinovac, Sinopharm, Covaxin and Covishield.

Yes shortly the term "fully vaccinated" will be abandoned in Oz, and replaced with something like: "up to date with all covid vaccinations", meaning one has had all the vaccines that one is eligible for.
Old 07-02-2022, 00:34   #2528

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

Re Masks, perhaps you should look at your immune system if you continually get ill from simply flying - I flew 54 flights around the world in 18 months and did not get ill once.
Well aren't you a hero.
Nice attitude, I'll be right jack, fek everyone else.

FYI, I don't continually get ill, haven't had a sniffle in 6 or 7 years
Old 07-02-2022, 13:17   #2529

Boat: Other peoples

Quote:

Waiting for no 4 now
Similar story to Tassie. We had such a strong economy whilst we kept Covid out, plus a normal life with no masks. We opened up and our economy has suffered and the tourism we opened for is doing worse than when we had better border rules. I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks opening was a great idea and even the head of the Tourism council mentioned o the radio the other day that we may have opened prematurely. Premier has had to resort to a slick TV ad to try to win back the population he has put at risk both economically and health wise.
Old 07-02-2022, 17:22   #2530

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke 1 View Post
Similar story to Tassie. We had such a strong economy whilst we kept Covid out, plus a normal life with no masks. We opened up and our economy has suffered and the tourism we opened for is doing worse than when we had better border rules.
Yair.

The "opening up" policy seems to have been:

[1] all for the benefit of socio-economic elites who can afford a high degree of infection control for themselves and who could not care less about the rest of us; and

[2] a reaction by politicians to opinion polls and focus groups from "ordinary voters" who were bored, antsy, and lacked any self-control or self-discipline. Note that "ordinary voters" are ones who could never learn how to make a bowline, let alone splice double braid, maintain a diesel auxiliary, or remember the difference between port and starboard hand or the detail of the Rules of the Road.

You'll have read the comments from the usual white 'pfella who blames everything on China and Chinese.

The bottom line for China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, several of the micro-states in the Pacific Ocean, and other economies that have chosen to limit international connections to control infection is clear.

"Opening up" leads to

[1] costs of infection control on everyone,

[2] protracted ill-health to some,

[3] premature death to many, and

[4] the illusion of profits from international tourism (which likely is just that - an illusion that does not deliver a benefit to the society except perhaps to a select few of that socio-economic elite caste).

In PRChina, the latest iteration of their calculations suggests that "opening up" China to "live with" the virus would deliver 2 million deaths in the first 12 months. See: https://www.newscientist.com/article...ng-zero-covid/

Just because certain economies, including ones with massive inequality in poverty, have chosen to let a million or so of their poorer members die from Covid-19 does not mean it's the right policy for you (unless you belong to a rich, well-entitled caste and class, brim full of "U Fek Off" arrogance).

In a economy where voting is effectively compulsory, political leaders 'should' be quaking in their shoes. Every one of those deaths means the loss of one vote plus the votes of family members who are smart enough to work out who benefits/loses for themselves.

On the other hand, an economy where only the rich are voters and legislators, a different calculus holds. If that also coincides with an economy biased towards retailing to younger people with disposable income and people conditioned to impulse buying and addicted to TV shopping etc, you can guess for yourself what happens.

In East Asian societies where parents and grandparents are respected and valued, yet another calculus holds.

On the other hand, cruisers familiar with everything from the wonders of the micro-states of the Pacific to the multicultural delights of maritime SE Asia know to respect others, be patient, and can always find maintenance and projects aboard (not to mention reinvestigating local cruising destinations).
Old 07-02-2022, 18:52   #2531
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Nice attitude, I'll be right jack, fek everyone else.

Not at all....Obviously you did not watch the 9 News segment I put up...... and what part of written doctors exemption for masks did you not understand?
Old 07-02-2022, 19:18   #2532

Quote:
Not at all....Obviously you did not watch the 9 News segment I put up...... and what part of written doctors exemption for masks did you not understand?
You are aware that 9 News segment went to air in March 2020?
And was put on YouTube 10 or some days ago by someone describing themselves as
'steve - Aussie Sovereign Patriot'
Sounds like a real headbanger.

Between this and the own goal you kicked with that OurWorldinData link the other day your credibility is pretty much shot.

Tell us more about the 3 international flights a month that you used to take.
Old 07-02-2022, 22:41   #2533
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
You are aware that 9 News segment went to air in March 2020?
And was put on YouTube 10 or some days ago by someone describing themselves as
'steve - Aussie Sovereign Patriot'
Sounds like a real headbanger.

Between this and the own goal you kicked with that OurWorldinData link the other day your credibility is pretty much shot.

Tell us more about the 3 international flights a month that you used to take.

Ohh So its a couple of years old and must be wrong of course...... WHO has been saying similar all along. Once again I presume you have not watched the segment.

OurWorld - Showed Australia around #20 in the world for restrictions when I looked, so I say it is your continual snide comments, finding issues with anything other than the actual content, along with your downplaying of anything that does not agree with your own personal views that actually highlights your lack of credibility.

The amount of posts you make in this area is incredible and one could be mistaken for a shill if one did not know better.......
Old 07-02-2022, 23:05   #2534

Quote:
Ohh So its a couple of years old and must be wrong of course...... WHO has been saying similar all along. Once again I presume you have not watched the segment.

OurWorld - Showed Australia around #20 in the world for restrictions when I looked, so I say it is your continual snide comments, finding issues with anything other than the actual content, along with your downplaying of anything that does not agree with your own personal views that actually highlights your lack of credibility.

The amount of posts you make in this area is incredible and one could be mistaken for a shill if one did not know better.......
Well you presume incorrectly. Snippets of that Judge Janine lush on Fox News, some RG pretending to blow aerosol through a mask , waffle about N95s being in short supply. Some trump stooge saying how hard it was to fit an N95 correctly
Only bit that made sense was that incorrect wearing of masks is a waste of time.

So Ourworld says Australia is #20 in the world for general nastiness ( direct link requested ) ... but you said it was equal #1 with China, No?

That outworld data is flakey anyway, says that the USA's borders are currently shut as tight as a crab's bum at 40 fathoms. Didn't look that way when I was making my six international flights in January. Must have imagined it.

Also marks a whole country as restricting this or that when the restrictions only apply to a single municipality.

Sorry, best I can give you today is a 'D- ,must try harder'.
Old 08-02-2022, 00:02   #2535
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Well you presume incorrectly. Snippets of that Judge Janine lush on Fox News, some RG pretending to blow aerosol through a mask , waffle about N95s being in short supply. Some trump stooge saying how hard it was to fit an N95 correctly
Only bit that made sense was that incorrect wearing of masks is a waste of time.

So Ourworld says Australia is #20 in the world for general nastiness ( direct link requested ) ... but you said it was equal #1 with China, No?

That outworld data is flakey anyway, says that the USA's borders are currently shut as tight as a crab's bum at 40 fathoms. Didn't look that way when I was making my six international flights in January. Must have imagined it.

Also marks a whole country as restricting this or that when the restrictions only apply to a single municipality.

Sorry, best I can give you today is a 'D- ,must try harder'.

Just for you.... A Nice up to date one - What are you views on the following:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...-who--c-901591

Re Ourworld - If you can't be arsed to figure out a way to get the rankings, then I really can't be bothered to tell you how.

Tags
Australia