Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2021, 17:34   #286
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkauai View Post
So let me get this straight...as a 73 y/o physician who gets vaccinated every year for flu, and has gotten vaccines for all the childhood illnesses, tetanus, yellow fever, polio,...
Covid vaccines are a new technology, no long term double-blind studies have been completed (and the original placebo cohorts of the Phizer vaccine, ?others?, were given the vaccine after just a few months for "humanitarian reasons", breaking all the rules of medical research, and making it impossible to know what long-term effects there may be). The vaccines admittedly don't prevent one from getting or spreading Covid. The only claim is that they mitigate the severity of the disease.
The "gold standard" for diagnosing Covid 19 is said to be the PCR-RT test, but by the Spring of 2020, it was known that the Cycle Threshold (Ct) used was so high (40+, when the Ct that correctly identifies 99+% of true positives is 20-25) that it gave 80+% false positives (written in a NYT article in June 2020, citing a peer review article). The WHO and CDC on Jan 21, 2021 changed the recommended Ct to 35, then a couple months ago to 27, finally a reasonable number. So how many people really have had Covid? CDC says 35million US citizens, one in 10. How many people do you know? How many have had anything more than a +PCR? It is well documented now that the risk of dying from Covid is about 0.2%, but if you separate the children and healthy young adults, their risk is 1000-fold less.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the CDC recommended that any patient who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test be reported as a "Covid-related" death. Despite 80+% of PCR tests being false positives.
Covid mRNA vaccines are new technology in humans. They take over your cells protein-producing organelles, the ribosomes) to produce the "spike" protein of the viral coat, and the body then produces antibodies (?and T-cells?) against that protein. When you get sick from the virus, you produce antibodies and t-cells against many different parts of the virus. A significant mutation in the spike protein would render your vaccine-induced antibodies useless, whereas natural immunity would likely still be effective.

There is a large and growing body of evidence that other, proven safe, treatments that have been around for decades are every bit (more?) as effective in mitigating the severity of Covid infection as mRNA vaccines.

Given all these factors, I have chosen to wait until I am convinced that the vaccines are really
"safe and effective". If I were older and or had serious underlying health issues, I would probably get the vaccine. I socially distance when I enter any establishment that asks me to wear a mask, etc.

Yet there are those of you who condemn me for not getting vaccinated, for weighing the pros and cons thoughtfully and not buying into the Narrative we are being fed every day. There are even those of you who would restrict my movement, disallow me from going to a restaurant or grocery store, or fine me for not doing what you think I should do. I suggest that you look into what I have said above. It is the truth as best I can decipher.

This is a sort of “ seat belts don’t don’t everyone from dying , so I’ll not wear one “ argument , it’s of course nonsense

Other then a few OTT media outlets , no one expected the vaccines to be a silver bullet

The evidence on the ground in the UK in particular , is the vaccine significantly reduced the severity of the disease and the chance of death.

Secondly delta has seriously reduced the age that are getting seriously. The biggest cohort in Ireland in hospital now are the unvaccinated young ( ie under 40) all with delta. Breakthrough illness seems largely confined though not exclusively to the severely health compromised but already vaccinated group. This is quite a numerically small group.

Therefore clearly the vaccines , as the uk data shows, are making significant impacts into the progress of the disease.

That alone is sufficient justification to get vaccinated
Old 28-08-2021, 17:46   #287
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
So let me get this straight...as a 73 y/o physician who gets vaccinated every year for flu, and has gotten vaccines for all the childhood illnesses, tetanus, yellow fever, polio,...
Covid vaccines are a new technology, no long term double-blind studies have been completed (and the original placebo cohorts of the Phizer vaccine, ?others?, were given the vaccine after just a few months for "humanitarian reasons", breaking all the rules of medical research, and making it impossible to know what long-term effects there may be). The vaccines admittedly don't prevent one from getting or spreading Covid. The only claim is that they mitigate the severity of the disease.
The "gold standard" for diagnosing Covid 19 is said to be the PCR-RT test, but by the Spring of 2020, it was known that the Cycle Threshold (Ct) used was so high (40+, when the Ct that correctly identifies 99+% of true positives is 20-25) that it gave 80+% false positives (written in a NYT article in June 2020, citing a peer review article). The WHO and CDC on Jan 21, 2021 changed the recommended Ct to 35, then a couple months ago to 27, finally a reasonable number. So how many people really have had Covid? CDC says 35million US citizens, one in 10. How many people do you know? How many have had anything more than a +PCR? It is well documented now that the risk of dying from Covid is about 0.2%, but if you separate the children and healthy young adults, their risk is 1000-fold less.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the CDC recommended that any patient who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test be reported as a "Covid-related" death. Despite 80+% of PCR tests being false positives.
Covid mRNA vaccines are new technology in humans. They take over your cells protein-producing organelles, the ribosomes) to produce the "spike" protein of the viral coat, and the body then produces antibodies (?and T-cells?) against that protein. When you get sick from the virus, you produce antibodies and t-cells against many different parts of the virus. A significant mutation in the spike protein would render your vaccine-induced antibodies useless, whereas natural immunity would likely still be effective.

There is a large and growing body of evidence that other, proven safe, treatments that have been around for decades are every bit (more?) as effective in mitigating the severity of Covid infection as mRNA vaccines.

Given all these factors, I have chosen to wait until I am convinced that the vaccines are really
"safe and effective". If I were older and or had serious underlying health issues, I would probably get the vaccine. I socially distance when I enter any establishment that asks me to wear a mask, etc.

Yet there are those of you who condemn me for not getting vaccinated, for weighing the pros and cons thoughtfully and not buying into the Narrative we are being fed every day. There are even those of you who would restrict my movement, disallow me from going to a restaurant or grocery store, or fine me for not doing what you think I should do. I suggest that you look into what I have said above. It is the truth as best I can decipher.
The stuff about the PCR ct is social media disinformation and The Who have denied changing recommendations

From the Financial times

“ Most posts include a misleading tweet by Dr David Samadi that reads: “The World Health Organization has now released guidance to laboratories around the world to reduce the cycle count in PCR tests to get a more accurate representation of COVID cases. The current cycle was much too high and resulting in any particle being declared a positive case.” The tweet no longer exists on Samadi’s Twitter page (twitter.com/drdavidsamadi).”

“ In response to the claim in Samadi’s tweet that “the current cycle was much too high and resulting in any particle being declared a positive case”, Mackay said: “Apart from being completely wrong, this comment acts as excellent indicator of a person with no understanding of PCR, the design of PCR tests or of the high-throughout use of PCR processes to test human samples in a quality pathology laboratory setting.” He called the comment “bizarre” and scorned at how it was being used by adversaries of the PCR tests.”

“ The WHO notice does not advise laboratories to reduce the cycle count in PCR tests. It advises laboratory professionals to use tests with the proper instructions to ensure accurate results.

When contacted by email, the WHO told Reuters that it did not say the PCR tests for COVID-19 were faulty and that their guidance had been taken out of context. “Since the beginning of 2020, WHO has received 10 reports of problems related to PCR tests for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes COVID-19), including some products listed for emergency use by WHO,” the organization said. “The reports were for misdiagnosis, both false positive and false negative results.”

The WHO confirmed after investigating that the tests were not being used in compliance with instructions provided by the manufacturers. Laboratories faced problems when they did not apply the recommended “positivity threshold”, which can result in false negative or false positive results.

Ian M. Mackay, a virologist and adjunct associate professor at the University of Queensland in Australia, told Reuters via email that the WHO notice is meant for laboratory professionals, especially those unfamiliar with conducting PCR tests in a pathology laboratory setting, and not the general public.”
Old 28-08-2021, 17:52   #288
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Thanks Boatie
Best at keeping you alive as well according to the chart..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 28-08-2021, 18:52   #289

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:

Don't want mRNA?
Do what the smart people are doing , get AstraZeneca.
Old 28-08-2021, 19:10   #290

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

There were some early results out of, I think, Spain, that suggested the best results were from a combination of traditional and mRNA vaccines.

I’ll watch this with interest as the booster time arrives for me. Being a teacher in a classroom is a little like diving into a Petri dish with no snorkel or goggles.
Old 28-08-2021, 19:19   #291
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

It may be simpler just to give the unvaccinated a bell to ring as they walk around outdoors
Old 28-08-2021, 20:30   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
It may be simpler just to give the unvaccinated a bell to ring as they walk around outdoors
That’s the smartest thing you’ve said so far
Old 28-08-2021, 20:54   #293

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Don't want mRNA?
Do what the smart people are doing , get AstraZeneca.
What!?!

You prefer to put foreign DNA into the nuclei of some of your cells using a virus that is adapted to chimpanzees to do the insertion?

At least we understand the way that mRNA works including that it has a half life in your body of around 10 hours.

And all you need do is avoid the contaminated batches of mRNA vax (e.g. https://mainichi.jp/english/articles...0m/0na/035000c) and, best of all, avoid vigorous cardiovascular exercise for about 3 days!
Old 29-08-2021, 00:25   #294

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Who says that Pfizer is better.. you.???
From what I hear it wears off faster than the AZ and is crap against the Delta variant... read it properly..
Pfizer is still better than AZ against delta. Unfortunately I could not get Pfizer and as the only one in the family I got the AZ crap.
Old 29-08-2021, 02:29   #295

Oh Dear Oh Dear -
The reality of Covid in Australia -
Starting in February with Macron's rollocks based on nothing but - um - nothing https://www.bbc.com/news/55919245
We then had the Prime Maggot being first in line for Phizer despite not being eligible at any level - I guess he knew he was heading off to visit the graves of his ancestors.
Can't be too judgemental there - Annastacia Palaszczuk ( Whatever happened to the days when we had leaders with names that we could spell - like Bruce?) premier of Queensland had to definitely get Phizer and only Phizer so she could go to the Olympics.
Next was the PM saying people shouldn't get AZ cos they would die of blood clots - then he went and spoke to ATAGI and got them to change their view and it was OK.But the damage was done.

Oh and did I mention the PM's stuffed up vaccine procurement? Yep he had three jobs....

That is why we are where we are in Australia.

From Macron via Morrison to the 'experts' on CF.... very sad.

Meanwhile in lands where they aren't quite so stupid.
https://www.laprensalatina.com/chile...id-19-vaccine/

A combination of restrictions on movement coupled with accesing lots and lots of every vaccine the could lay their hands on has taken them here
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/chile/

Back in Oz my heart pumps purple prune juice for the poor people in Perth

https://www.theage.com.au/national/w....html#comments
Old 29-08-2021, 02:56   #296
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenc View Post
That’s the smartest thing you’ve said so far

LOL I knew the tards would like that
Old 29-08-2021, 03:18   #297

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Pfizer is still better than AZ against delta. Unfortunately I could not get Pfizer and as the only one in the family I got the AZ crap.
The Astra Zeneca vaccine is not "crap"! Both vaccines are HIGHLY effective, even if their effectiveness does wane over time with respect to the Delta variant, which is completely normal. Be happy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	83
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	244417

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58322882

I am amazed when I hear people grumbling about this vaccines. Their level of effectiveness is nothing short of miraculous. We've never had a flu vaccine as effective as even the worst of these.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 29-08-2021, 03:22   #298

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Who says that Pfizer is better.. you.???
From what I hear it wears off faster than the AZ and is crap against the Delta variant... read it properly..
Can't find the actual study but what the tabloids are reporting is hospital rates IF you get covid it does not mention how protected you are from getting it but every study I've seen has a much better protection rate with the Pfizer vaccine.
Here one study that shows 88% with Pfizer and 67% for the AZ vaccine against delta.
https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ds-2021-07-21/
Old 29-08-2021, 03:27   #299

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
. . . That is why we are where we are in Australia.. .
Don't feel too bad. The start was bungled perhaps, but you are now vaccinating up a storm:

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(12).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	244418

You're catching up fast:

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(13).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	244419

At this rate -- over 1 dose per 100 people per day -- you'll be out of the woods in a month or so.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 29-08-2021, 03:41   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post

You're catching up fast:.
If you say so - but as Scumbo said 'its not a race'.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vaxrate.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	244420  

Tags
Australia