Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2021, 15:02   #406

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Oh dear
To many sky news mouth breathers here me thinks.
Murdoch and the mental midgets under his employ are a blight on society

Quote:
Australian pharmacists report rise in customers refusing to say what ivermectin prescription is for
https://amp.theguardian.com/australi...ription-is-for
Just get AZ you Muppets.
Old 01-09-2021, 15:08   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Indeed. It is unbelievable, but it seems that there is a significant part of the population (not just of Oz) which can't tell the differnence between a one in a million risk and a one in a thousand. It si simply -- profound innumeracy.
I don't think we should be given a choice on vaccines that aren't able to be got into arms yet
Seems so many are holding off for phizer when a perfectly good vaccine is available in quantity now.

Did anyone get a choice of vaccine with measles, chicken pox, mumps, polio, flu etc etc?
No one seemed to be concerned then, why now?
Old 01-09-2021, 15:24   #408
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Regarding Kiwis and Covid - I'm confident the take away from future analysis (whether it be the degree of suppressing Delta, vaccination uptake rates or whatever) will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Never underestimate New Zealanders.
I dunno what they put in the water in that long white cloud but golly it is effective. If you want something difficult done, you best ask a Kiwi!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 01-09-2021, 16:33   #409
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Oh dear

Just get AZ you Muppets.
Yep and when self medication doesn't work out, the muppets clog up the over-stretched services operated by professional guys.

Quote:
A Sydney Covid patient landed themselves in hospital after overdosing on a supposed cure for the virus they discovered online.
A Western Sydney Health toxicologist has issued a community warning for people not to “rely on online sham cures for Covid-19” after the patient got a stark dose of reality.

The positive case presented to Westmead Hospital’s emergency department with vomiting and diarrhoea recently from an overdose of the drug ivermectin and other supposed Covid cures they ordered online.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...43bcaef42578b9
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 01-09-2021, 17:24   #410

Boat: Island Packet 40

If you want all the statistics on vacination in Australia you need to start watching that Paul Murray bloke on Fox news.

Having been a member of the national cabinet which agreed on the 70% and 80% lock down free ups the state of Queensland has decided to retain the option of border closures until all the children under 12 years old are fully vacinated.
Old 01-09-2021, 17:35   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
If you want all the statistics on vacination in Australia you need to start watching that Paul Murray bloke on Fox news.

You're taking the piss right?
And you actually pay money to see that *****?
Old 01-09-2021, 18:11   #412

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Who?? Oh this bloke
https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/ep...y-spit/9972602
Old 01-09-2021, 18:49   #413

Quote:
Nope, seriously.

You may not like the platform because Rupert might be involved and you might not want to watch the rest of his show, he's a bit right wing, but he does supply all the statistics, and often with graphics of where they are occurring, and not just the case numbers.

And he has a show on channel 56 of free to air TV so you are already paying for it in the price of your washing powder and consequently may as well take a look at it.

And anyone who believes that the Media Watch program on ABC TV presents any item which it would be the grossest exaggeration to in any way describe, or even vaguely infer, as objective is definitely in the market for a harbour bridge.
Old 01-09-2021, 19:50   #414

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Oh dear

Just get AZ you Muppets.

On the upside, horse worming tablets are a big step forward from injecting bleach.
Old 01-09-2021, 21:18   #415

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Wow! I hadn't seen that number. Indeed, I've never seen such a high vaccination rate. That will be massive if they can keep that up.

Unfortunately the supplies of the vaccine are running out and the PM has said that demand will need to be reduced to pre-lockdown levels as they can’t sustain the vaccination rate. They have a big amount of vaccine coming in October, but not much until then.

At only 25% fully vaccinated and less than half the population with one dose NZ has a long way to go to overcome their previous complacency with their slow start. And their lack of penetration into the Maori and Pacifica communities.

They’ve also closed all entry into the country by not releasing anymore quarantine spaces for the next few weeks. I think that’s an admission that even after 18 months they still don’t have very good processes in place to manage infected people in quarantine.

Muppets who have been fortunate that they are governing (ineptly) an island in the middle of a big empty sea.
Old 01-09-2021, 21:20   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Nope, seriously.

You may not like the platform because Rupert might be involved
Might?
He (murdochs) own it and are currently under parliamentary inquiry for all his BS

Lachlan Murdoch asked to appear at parliamentary inquiry into YouTube’s suspension of Sky News Australia
Hearing to examine temporary ban for breaching Covid misinformation policies with chair hoping to grill Murdoch on ‘standards of journalism and accurate reporting’

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...news-australia

Him and his mental midget minions have been actively book burning trying to scrub the interwebs clean - idiots

Sky News Australia deletes dozens of videos promoting unproven Covid treatments
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...vid-treatments

Quote:

and you might not want to watch the rest of his show, he's a bit right wing, but he does supply all the statistics, and often with graphics of where they are occurring, and not just the case numbers.
I dont care if its right or left
I do care that's is misinformation, lies, hatred, fear and BS
Old 01-09-2021, 21:43   #417

Boat: Irwin. 28 ft
Send a message via AIM to pdjb

THis is never going to end with the shot, THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS EVERY 6 MONTHS, you just lost your freedom, communist party is coming to the United states thanks to uncle Joe in the white house, , No Jobs, travel, food, etc., if you resist getting the vaccine? Since I Live on a boat, I am planning to travel somewhere and have some freedom, Tell China thank you for this mess, papers please, no?sorry , shoot him, no papers, This is how I see it .WHATCH HOW THIS PLAYS OUT In the next year coming up, Jan 22. Control is the key , remember your history.
Old 01-09-2021, 21:56   #418

Quote:
I do care that's is misinformation, lies, hatred, fear and BS
You need to work on your numeracy mate. The channel numbers responsible for that all start with 2.

If one wants an example of fear mongering one needs go no further than Anistasia where she states that all our children are going to die if she opens the borders before every child younger than 12 is immunized.
Old 01-09-2021, 22:02   #419

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjb View Post
THis is never going to end with the shot, THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS EVERY 6 MONTHS, you just lost your freedom, communist party is coming to the United states thanks to uncle Joe in the white house, , No Jobs, travel, food, etc., if you resist getting the vaccine? Since I Live on a boat, I am planning to travel somewhere and have some freedom, Tell China thank you for this mess, papers please, no?sorry , shoot him, no papers, This is how I see it .WHATCH HOW THIS PLAYS OUT In the next year coming up, Jan 22. Control is the key , remember your history.

Love it when literacy and comprehension both fail in the one post.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 01-09-2021, 22:16   #420

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Unfortunately the supplies of the vaccine are running out and the PM has said that demand will need to be reduced to pre-lockdown levels as they can’t sustain the vaccination rate. They have a big amount of vaccine coming in October, but not much until then.

At only 25% fully vaccinated and less than half the population with one dose NZ has a long way to go to overcome their previous complacency with their slow start. And their lack of penetration into the Maori and Pacifica communities.

They’ve also closed all entry into the country by not releasing anymore quarantine spaces for the next few weeks. I think that’s an admission that even after 18 months they still don’t have very good processes in place to manage infected people in quarantine.

Muppets who have been fortunate that they are governing (ineptly) an island in the middle of a big empty sea.
Any chance of a link to that info?

Best I have been able to find is
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ms-experts-say
and
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...2M7KBWRHFZYXE/

' a possible shortage of supply next month' (Sept).

'said that the speed of vaccinations might come under pressure in the coming weeks as massive demand puts pressure on supplies.'

'During Sunday’s 1pm press briefing, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the Government had just taken a delivery of 320,000 more vaccines, but plans were being drawn up if stocks ran low.

“What our team are working on at the moment are some different scenarios, based on the strategy working about continuing to meet demand,” she said.

The Prime Minister stressed that the government were working on mitigation plans if vaccine quantities ran low

She said the concern wasn’t that New Zealand would run out of vaccines, but said it may be a case of managing demand in some areas.'

Lots of 'if but and maybe' in there.

Tags
Australia