Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2021, 18:03   #556

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Family gathering Australian style.

You cannot see it in the image but there is a plastic wall designating the state border between this man and his wife and other images showing babies being passed between parents over the barrier.
How did he get his arms through the barrier? How did the girl get the yellow balloon through the barrier? Who was the photographer? Craig Kelly?
Old 05-09-2021, 18:57   #557

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
How did he get his arms through the barrier? How did the girl get the yellow balloon through the barrier? Who was the photographer? Craig Kelly?
Camera equipment provided Clive Palmer, Craig ably assisted by Gloria.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 05-09-2021, 20:24   #558
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Camera equipment provided Clive Palmer, Craig ably assisted by Gloria.
With Pauline and Peta as fluffers
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 05-09-2021, 20:39   #559

Boat: Island Packet 40

The barrier is made of those plastic tank things that they can fill with water to anchor them and are usually used to direct traffic during road works. The place will be Tweed Heads where tho border runs down the middle of one of the streets and some of the people will be employed in one state and live in another which is fairly common in parts of country Australia.

Our city based premiers don't particularly give a damn about someone who lives in the country hundreds of miles from the state capital and the gains to be made building the perception that they are keeping city voters safe far outweigh the losses from a few sparsely settled country areas.

As for Tasmania they appear to have been able to have avoided draconian fines for dog walking grandmas or hand cuffing pyjama clad young mothers in front of their children and there are probably no fly in/fly out miners trapped there away from their families for months on end. Or, as is sometimes the case with Tasmania the media is not bothering to report the incidents.

Being an island state readily accessible only from Victoria and with the very effective boundary of Bass Strait as a state border and Dangerous Dan the lock down king in charge I cannot perceive why one would bother locking down.

I did not hear the premier of NSW stating that she would ignore the agreed 70% and 80% vacination triggered reliefs from lock ins and lock downs or that even with 90% she would continue them and we know without hearing him state it that the lock down prince of the dismal state is quiet likely to declare one for a single case within his state boundaries.

We also have the Astra Zenica problem where one of our leftish state health mandarins declared on national TV that she would not inject it into a mangy dog except to put it down (not really in those terms but you get my drift) thereby triggering a strong public aversion and the consequent demand for a far less available alternative so that the blame for a vacine shortage could be placed on the prime minister. She's to be rewarded with the governorship, a plum job for the girls.

Having been raised by a woman as a male chauvinist pig it almost chokes me to have to compare the performance of that woman in NSW with the males holding the position in Victoria and WA wherein she's by far the better manager of the crisis. She made a slight stumble a whilst back but seems to have gotten herself back on an even keel.
Old 05-09-2021, 20:53   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
With Pauline and Peta as fluffers
I in no way agree with the politics of Pauline and tend to the opinion that she tends to stridency in her presentation but admire the woman for her courage and out spoken statement of her political beliefs.

As for Peta she's a national treasure. As former chief of staff for a prime minister (you remember the misogynist one) she knows the bureaucracy and their tricks inside out, is as tough as nails and is unafraid to demand proper answers from crawfishing politicians. Along with that she's very feminine and dresses very nicely.
Old 05-09-2021, 21:25   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Have you ever been a WEEK without sleep? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Once. I agree, the absolute worst. The hallucinations are no joke.

I liken taking care of yourself to those video games where you have a health bar with 100%. It may seem insignificant, but the little decisions we make along the way can give us that extra +1 health here and there, and that may spell the difference between an illness taking you to 5% and 0%.

Purely anecdotal, but I used to party a lot. Drank hard on the weekends. I would catch a cold of some sort every couple months. I figured that was normal.

A little over three years ago, I quit drinking. I haven’t been sick since, save a stomach virus that was making the rounds. I’m still blown away. I knew that drinking suppresses your immune system, but I didn’t think the difference would be this drastic.
Old 05-09-2021, 22:09   #562

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C420sailor View Post

Purely anecdotal, but I used to party a lot. Drank hard on the weekends. I would catch a cold of some sort every couple months. I figured that was normal.

A little over three years ago, I quit drinking. I haven’t been sick since, save a stomach virus that was making the rounds. I’m still blown away. I knew that drinking suppresses your immune system, but I didn’t think the difference would be this drastic.
Nope, it's dirt people

My wife and I were the same but now haven't had a sniffle in 5 years since full time cruising and staying away from the diseased.

Still drinking.
Old 05-09-2021, 22:18   #563

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Dirt people?
Old 05-09-2021, 22:21   #564

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post
Dirt people?
Yeah, the ones who live on dirt , huddle in groups and pass on diseases.
Old 05-09-2021, 22:58   #565
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:

As for Tasmania they appear to have been able to have avoided draconian fines for dog walking grandmas or hand cuffing pyjama clad young mothers in front of their children and there are probably no fly in/fly out miners trapped there away from their families for months on end. Or, as is sometimes the case with Tasmania the media is not bothering to report the incidents.
You need to find a better media outlet. On today's news, we fined a Victorian Covid fibber $3,114 and chucked him into quarantine (for which he will have to pay for).
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ania/100437840

Plenty of FIFO workers here, they are OK if they work in WA, SA, NT or QLD.
Quote:
Being an island state readily accessible only from Victoria and with the very effective boundary of Bass Strait as a state border and Dangerous Dan the lock down king in charge I cannot perceive why one would bother locking down.
I know you have been stuck in the sun for awhile now but while it true that one has to travel through Melbourne to drive to Tassie, most come here by air with direct flights to all state capital cities. Currently we are open to all but NSW and VIC.
Quote:
I did not hear the premier of NSW stating that she would ignore the agreed 70% and 80% vacination triggered reliefs from lock ins and lock downs or that even with 90% she would continue them and we know without hearing him state it that the lock down prince of the dismal state is quiet likely to declare one for a single case within his state boundaries.
Then you might not have heard the Tassie chiefs (who share the same political party as Gladys) ain't planning to follow the national plan either. They are looking at vacc rates closer to 90% (including 12 year olds and up). When pushed to confirm agreement with the national plane, one of pollies reckoned the mainland could 'go jump'.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...rate/100431784
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 05-09-2021, 23:11   #566

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
I in no way agree with the politics of Pauline and tend to the opinion that she tends to stridency in her presentation but admire the woman for her courage and out spoken statement of her political beliefs.

As for Peta she's a national treasure. As former chief of staff for a prime minister (you remember the misogynist one) she knows the bureaucracy and their tricks inside out, is as tough as nails and is unafraid to demand proper answers from crawfishing politicians. Along with that she's very feminine and dresses very nicely.

Yes, remember him well, and here is his, or someone that insists it is he, latest offering on Seabreeze

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...1&d=1630908481

Tacky and absolutely tasteless as ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mericans.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	244776  

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 05-09-2021, 23:42   #567

This man truly has no shame.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...06-p58p8q.html

'Flight radar websites showed that one of the Royal Australian Air Force’s business jets, a Dassault Falcon 7X, flew from Canberra to Sydney on Saturday afternoon in a 25-minute flight and returned to Canberra early on Monday morning.'

All on the goverment dollar.

I guess he was overdue for a pump out.
Old 06-09-2021, 00:55   #568

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Yeah, the ones who live on dirt , huddle in groups and pass on diseases.
Oh, you mean 'humans', who, like it or not, you are, and whom you depend on for your ability to blame them for their status as 'dirt people'.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:33   #569

Well Wotty, I read the national newspaper and cannot recall seeing anything on Tassy in weeks. But then I have been skipping over the covid stuff for a while.

You declare I've been too long in the sun and are then you are going to drive a car or truck across Bass Strait to Tasmania. I did read a story once about a bloke walked on water and there was a guy on Top Gear in a high horsepower, fat tired off road vehicle who drove it across a small lake but I would not try it in your Tesla.

And lets say you are working 28/28 and flew home to Tassy and did your 14 days quarantine then immediately flew back to WA and did the 14 days there before doing your 28 on site. I'd just get another job.

Haven't seen a word from the Tassy premier on anything, I guess it's not news to the rest of the country.

You need to have a big BLM march or get some greenies to glue themselves to the bridge or something to get the mainland city based journos to take some notice of the place.

And Uncle Bob I seriously doubt any X prime minister would post a cartoon like that but there's no shortage of folks on the left who will propagate the slander that a conservative did so.

And El Pingo, our prime minister has decided to stay in the national capital rather than return to his family whilst parliament is not sitting and went to see his wife and daughters in an air force executive jet. Joe is jaunting about in a couple of 747s and I cannot see many other national leaders scrunched into a Citation.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:10   #570

Quote:

And El Pingo, our prime minister has decided to stay in the national capital rather than return to his family whilst parliament is not sitting and went to see his wife and daughters in an air force executive jet. Joe is jaunting about in a couple of 747s and I cannot see many other national leaders scrunched into a Citation.
Classic bit of whataboutism... full marks !

Meanwhile - a lot of people in NSW and ACT would have liked to have traveled 5km for a Father's Day lunch.

Nope - 'Scotty of Hawaii' fresh back from visiting the graves of his ancestors in Pommyland takes an RAAF jet from Canberra to Sydney for a cupla roots and lunch with the kids.

There is a freeway from the Lodge to Kirrabilli ( my son used to be in Navy digs within eyeball of Kirrabilli -- I could get from the Vic border to his home - freeway all the way to the tunnel under the harbour and the three lights - a left and another left and then a right - job done - Kirrabilli started with a right).

So he could have taken a limo from Lodge to Kirrabilli and back - fraction of the cost and the only contact would have been with the limo driver ( hopefully masked ) in the same time as getting an Uber to Fairbourne - doing the full airport thingo - and then on arrival Sydney doing the repeat thingo.

As the Kiwis would say - he has the head of a duck.

Tags
Australia