Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2021, 17:53   #721

Boat: Island Packet 40
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Meanwhile up here in the deep north in Cairns, it's short sleeve and short pants weather, the young women all still look very feminine, pedestrians still take no notice of traffic signals, and no one takes any notice of all the covid check in signs.
Old 10-09-2021, 18:06   #722

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Meanwhile up here in the deep north in Cairns, it's short sleeve and short pants weather, the young women all still look very feminine, pedestrians still take no notice of traffic signals, and no one takes any notice of all the covid check in signs.
Same here on Magnatic Island. Cant see the jetski's wearing masks.

Qld is currently the best new country in Australia.
Old 10-09-2021, 20:44   #723

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Looks as if South Australia is the first State as of Monday to acknowledge the right of over 60th to ask for Pfizer. Isnt it funny , some people here argue that there is no need and there is no hesitancy BUT someone in South Australia must think there is.

I am happy to see that a tiny bit of human rights have been brought back. Hopefully my shining star Anna will do the same here in QLD.
Over 60's can ask for Phizzer in Victoria.

South Australians have been showing laggard tendencies recently - only marginaly better than WA and Qlnd.

And also - being of the same cloth as the PMfM the SA government may be getting extra vaccine under the table - just like Gladys.
Speaking of Gladys I see she has stopped doing pressers.
Old 10-09-2021, 23:02   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Over 60's can ask for Phizzer in Victoria.

South Australians have been showing laggard tendencies recently - only marginaly better than WA and Qlnd.

And also - being of the same cloth as the PMfM the SA government may be getting extra vaccine under the table - just like Gladys.
Speaking of Gladys I see she has stopped doing pressers.
Can ask for sure but the Chairman made it very clear that they still have to wait until all 12 yo are done. Asking yes.

But i see some very promissing signs , SA waking up , Sydney beaches are packed , Glady's getting bored to show up every day at 11 am to talk about the same s..... . I think slowly people are over the mifghty virus and just want to live normally. I see some real light at the end of the tunnel. You mentioned WA , the 5.6 Billion is not a bad result and will giuve him some talking power and the mighty Anna , well she has QLD secure , the Olympics are coming so years of boom is guaranteed and when she opens up , all the prisoners from down south will bring the mexican dollars in bags to QLD. So all in all very positive signs indeed. Keep working.
Old 10-09-2021, 23:21   #725

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Can ask for sure but the Chairman made it very clear that they still have to wait until all 12 yo are done. Asking yes.

But i see some very promissing signs , SA waking up , Sydney beaches are packed , Glady's getting bored to show up every day at 11 am to talk about the same s..... . I think slowly people are over the mifghty virus and just want to live normally. I see some real light at the end of the tunnel. You mentioned WA , the 5.6 Billion is not a bad result and will giuve him some talking power and the mighty Anna , well she has QLD secure , the Olympics are coming so years of boom is guaranteed and when she opens up , all the prisoners from down south will bring the mexican dollars in bags to QLD. So all in all very positive signs indeed. Keep working.
Just like the other two states that you belittle, the virus will infiltrate Queensland soon enough and then you will all realise that chairman Anna too has wasted an opportunity to really push vaccination well ahead of the s**t storm.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 10-09-2021, 23:32   #726

Boat: Irwin. 28 ft
Send a message via AIM to pdjb

Thanks the Chinese government for this, why is every nation afraid of them, this is a test run for them?
Old 10-09-2021, 23:46   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
History may not repeat itself, but it sure rhymes a lot.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...affair-of-1976

I was 18 and about a week after I got the shot, they shut the program down due to all of the deaths and complications from it. I'm 63 and I've never had a flu shot since (and, if I've ever had the flu, it was so mild I didn't know it).

The thing that is reminiscent to me, is how hard they were pushing the Swine Flu vaccine back then, basically saying we were all going to die if we didn't get it.

I got it because they had my girlfriend so scared, she was literally crying, because she didn't want us to die.

By coincidence I listened to an old radio broadcast ( letter from America) about the fort Dix influenza just 2 days ago and was similarly fascinated by President Fords vaccination program. The fear of another outbreak of the 1918 influenza was based on the personal experience of the original outbreak by the not so elderly in US.
Even more disturbing was the news that the original 1918 influenza has been reconstructed a few years ago by the CDC in the US from tissue removed from the bodies of Inuit people who died from it and were buried in permafrost.
Old 11-09-2021, 00:16   #728

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Looks as if South Australia is the first State as of Monday to acknowledge the right of over 60th to ask for Pfizer. Isnt it funny , some people here argue that there is no need and there is no hesitancy BUT someone in South Australia must think there is.

I am happy to see that a tiny bit of human rights have been brought back….
In addition, the Northern territory beat them by a few days. Pfizer was available there to the over 60’s from yesterday (Friday 10th).

Not because they have an adequate number of doses of Pfizer either. The SA premier specifically stated it was due to AZ hesitancy.

I am so pleased to read that some of the states are waking up and not restricting use for those in greatest need. Sense is prevailing.

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 11-09-2021, 01:17   #729

Cruisers Forum Supporter

As more doses of Pfizer are being administered to 12-15 year olds in the US, more problems are coming to light. This is an additional reason for Australia not to prioritise the use of Pfizer in 12+ year olds in favour of the 60+ year olds who are at high risk:

Healthy boys may be more likely to be admitted to hospital with a rare side-effect of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine that causes inflammation of the heart than with Covid itself, US researchers claim.
Their analysis of medical data suggests that boys aged 12 to 15, with no underlying medical conditions, are four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than ending up in hospital with Covid over a four-month period.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...suggests-study

The UK has not approved vaccination of 12-15 year olds at all, despite a high case rate currently and despite vaccine uptake now being low in general and supply being high in the UK. It is being pushed for by politicians, but the UK's vaccine advisory body is refusing to give the green light:

as children are at such low risk from the virus, the JCVI decided that vaccination would offer only "marginal gain" and, therefore, there was "insufficient" evidence to offer mass vaccination to this age group.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58438669

I think the vaccines have been a wonderful achievement and are life saving for some groups, but this push to vaccinate the healthy young that have such a very low risk of serious disease does not make medical sense.

SWL

Old 11-09-2021, 02:38   #730
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

The Pre-Print [not peer reviewed] statistical analysis [1], that Seaworthy Lass’ linked article discusses, is suggestive that continued monitoring, and further clinical study is justified.

[1] “SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccination-Associated Myocarditis in Children Ages 12-17: A Stratified National Database Analysis” ~ by Tracy Beth Høeg et al
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.21262866v1

“Myocarditis and Pericarditis After mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination” ~ CDC Updated Sept. 8, 2021
Should I Still Get Myself or My Child Vaccinated?
Yes.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html

“Clinical guidance for youth with myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination”
~ Canadian Paediatric Society, Sep 1, 2021
Conclusions
1. There is a temporal association between receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccination and myocarditis and pericarditis among youth. These events are very rare. The risk-benefit decision for mRNA vaccination is favourable, and the vaccine is recommended for all eligible populations.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:54   #731

Boat: Westerly Sealord

I could not care less about 'the hesitant' in groups that are already well covered.

Our governments are chasing a moving target when it comes to priorities. First up it was the old with health issues and 'front line workers' , then the old in general, then migrant populations where english is not their first language living in large households, then it was indiginous communities.
Now it is pregnant women.
Just to show I am an equal opportunity linker - a link to Sky.
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...1d44b2c59d1bb8

Old people being precious about which vax they get?

I really truly honestly could not give a rat's about them.

We have about 90% of the aged with at least one shot , many of the remainder probably live in Nimbin, the rest are - how you say - neither here nor there in the scheme of things.

There are more important things to worry about.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:28   #732

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
The Pre-Print[not peer reviewed] statistical analysis, that Seaworthy Lass’ linked article discusses, is suggestive that continued monitoring, and further clinical study is justified.
……...
Hi Gord
There is a much that is debated medically, not just regarding these new vaccines, even amongst experts in their field.

Usually caution is exercised unless there is a clear cut need for treatment.

We have never before mass vaccinated groups at negligible risk of illness. This is a highly unusual move and it concerns me greatly. I am not alone in this regard.
These decisions are currently largely in the hands of politicians and individual advisors. In the UK it is thought that the UK's vaccine advisory body’s recommendations will be ignored. Despite being their parrot cry during this pandemic, politicians are very selective regarding which medical advice they wish to follow .

SWL

Old 11-09-2021, 04:23   #733

Boat: Island Packet 40

Yep, no doubt about it, it's an evil conspiracy by Scomo to withhold the only truly effective vaccine from left party supporters so they'll all die off and not be able to vote against him on the next election.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:40   #734

Looking really promissing now , i will hopefully get a shot next week.

For whatever reason may be some voices did get noticed and yes QLD may be can press a bit harder but right now pls. accept we are closed to other states.

no hard feelings but in this cris everyone has to look after themselfs so talk to me again about QLD opening when i had at least my first Pfizer dose.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:42   #735
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Looking really promissing now , i will hopefully get a shot next week.

For whatever reason may be some voices did get noticed and yes QLD may be can press a bit harder but right now pls. accept we are closed to other states.

no hard feelings but in this cris everyone has to look after themselfs so talk to me again about QLD opening when i had at least my first Pfizer dose.
Its AZ you need.. longer lasting than that US crap..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..

Tags
Australia