Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2021, 11:49   #751
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Scary you dont even know where Pfizer was developed so keep on taking the AZ that for sure comes from thge country that gave the world the Mad cow desease.
It was a coming together of Germany's BioNTech and US Big Pharma..
Who invented the Pfizer/BioNTech covid vaccine?
BioNTech CEO Dr Ugur Sahin and his wife Özlem Türeci have been hailed as the inventors behind the covid vaccine.

As for Mad Cow.. That was caused by feeding animals with processed food.. the same kind of crap folks now feed their dogs and cats..
Europe is one of the biggest producers of processed cattle feed so who knows where/what started it, just that it first manifested in the UK.
Go play with a baby..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 12-09-2021, 13:46   #752
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
... As for Mad Cow.. That was caused by feeding animals with processed food.. the same kind of crap folks now feed their dogs and cats...
The use of ruminant [cattle] tissue, in ruminant feed, was probably a necessary factor, responsible for the BSE* outbreak, in the United Kingdom. If an infected cow is slaughtered, and its nerve tissue [brain, spinal cord, and small intestine] is used in cattle feed, other cows become infected.

The leading theory is that mad cow disease is caused by infectious proteins called prions. For reasons that are not yet understood, the normal prion protein changes into a pathogenic (harmful) form. that then damages the central nervous system of cattle. It appears to be caused by contaminated cattle feed, that contains the prion agent.

* Mad Cow Disease, Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.

Old 12-09-2021, 13:53   #753

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
It was a coming together of Germany's BioNTech and US Big Pharma..
Who invented the Pfizer/BioNTech covid vaccine?
BioNTech CEO Dr Ugur Sahin and his wife Özlem Türeci have been hailed as the inventors behind the covid vaccine.

As for Mad Cow.. That was caused by feeding animals with processed food.. the same kind of crap folks now feed their dogs and cats..
Europe is one of the biggest producers of processed cattle feed so who knows where/what started it, just that it first manifested in the UK.
Go play with a baby..
My money is on Brasil, they had another outbreak in cattle in two states last week.
Its been endemic in their political classes for years.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...-cow/100436264
Old 12-09-2021, 14:14   #754
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
The use of ruminant [cattle] tissue, in ruminant feed, was probably a necessary factor, responsible for the BSE* outbreak, in the United Kingdom. If an infected cow is slaughtered, and its nerve tissue [brain, spinal cord, and small intestine] is used in cattle feed, other cows become infected.

Nice one El Ping..

The leading theory is that mad cow disease is caused by infectious proteins called prions. For reasons that are not yet understood, the normal prion protein changes into a pathogenic (harmful) form. that then damages the central nervous system of cattle. It appears to be caused by contaminated cattle feed, that contains the prion agent.

* Mad Cow Disease, Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.
There's some who belive it was from human bones scavaged from funeral pryres in India that was processed into bonemeal but personally I lean more towards the sheep carcasses used in the bonemeal process back then.. since discontinued.

Nice one El Ping..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
Old 12-09-2021, 14:39   #755

Yesterday 12.02 PMfM announces 1 million Moderna doses on their way - let us all rejoice.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...ml?post=p52to8

No word about who he begged them from.

The way he announced it is a bit like the Captain of the Titanic saying 'never mind the iceberg, I've found a couple of spare seats in Lifeboat 7 - how clever am I!

That link to The Age is quite good, everything you every wanted to know about the reality of of living in Australia - right down to the effect of the NSW lockdown on the Bondi Beach Gelati trade.

Yesterday 4.34 pm
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...ml?post=p52tot
Old 12-09-2021, 15:35   #756

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Does anyone think the Chinese intentionally starting this is nonsense other than me? They have become a major economic player world wide, what would be gained, kill your customer base.?
As far as the vaccines go the wife and I have gotten the Moderna 2/4/21 and 3/5/21 at 78 yrs. of age and we are still alive.
I guess we in the US are lucky to "have had" a President to expedite vaccine development.
I wish you Aussies had the availability we have, since our availability does not seem to be a problem, it is available to my grandsons at 30ish.
I don't understand your politics but it appears to be politics motivated here.
Old 12-09-2021, 15:49   #757

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Does anyone think the Chinese intentionally starting this is nonsense other than me? They have become a major economic player world wide, what would be gained, kill your customer base.?
As far as the vaccines go the wife and I have gotten the Moderna 2/4/21 and 3/5/21 at 78 yrs. of age and we are still alive.
I guess we in the US are lucky to "have had" a President to expedite vaccine development.
I wish you Aussies had the availability we have, since our availability does not seem to be a problem, it is available to my grandsons at 30ish.
Follow the money and look who paid for it and who patented the "cure" ...
Guilty as hell.
Old 12-09-2021, 16:11   #758

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Follow the money and look who paid for it and who patented the "cure" ...
Guilty as hell.
I guess I paid for it as a tax payer Who cares who patented something that had no cost but was available. I wish other countries had the availability we enjoy.
Old 12-09-2021, 17:34   #759

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:

It’s ok, most of us who live here don’t understand the politics.

Regarding availability of vaccines in Australia, politics aside we made a call early on to put a lot of our eggs in one basket, the basket in this case being AZ, because we could produce it locally. At the time this probably seemed smart as it would have decoupled us from global supply chain problems.

Alas, the AZ clotting issue cropped up and the perception of risk of that complication overrode the perception of risk from Covid (thanks to our success in keeping it mostly at bay).

We are now playing catch-up, both in getting our hands on alternatives to AZ as well as actually going through the significant task of lining people up and sticking needles in arms.

All the political sh-t aside, Australia is still a pretty good place to have been for this pandemic and hindsight is always a wonderful thing.
Old 12-09-2021, 17:40   #760

Quote:

I’m with you on this Cadence, a great deal of crime investigation is based on “who stands to gain” or “follow the money” and it seems China has nothing to gain and a lot to lose from a pandemic. I’ve been through several influenza outbreaks , one in Shanghai and Hongkong, one in Singapore and then again in Malaysia and Thailand. The speed and thoroughness of the government response in each of these outbreaks was truly amazing especially considering the years between each incident. Every airport I went through had a thermal imaging camera barrier and all of each flight got scanned. Also a travel declaration form, a sort of early tracking.

As children we all had vaccinations for polio and a whole lineup of other childhood illnesses.... no choice, just line up and get the jab.
Old 12-09-2021, 18:26   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Although I totally agree with your sentiment here, for my own selfish reasons I’m in favour of any pandering the various states do to encourage people over the line.

It does look like unhindered interstate travel is going to wait on vaccine take-up rates, and as someone currently very slowly enroute interstate I’m living on a diet of fingernails that an outbreak in Tassie won’t scuttle my travel plans.
If I was in my 60's and had a 'born allowed' attitude maybe I would wait for the flavour of my choice - if I was in one of the lesser states which are **currently** covid free.

If I was in my 60s in Vic or NSW I would be getting whatever I could lay my hands on - muy pronto.
Old 12-09-2021, 19:19   #762

Boat: Island Packet 40

Mad cow disease - definitely Rupert as well. Part of his plan to overcome the Fleet Street print unions (He who the gods destroy they first make mad)
Old 12-09-2021, 20:10   #763

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
If I was in my 60's and had a 'born allowed' attitude maybe I would wait for the flavour of my choice - if I was in one of the lesser states which are **currently** covid free.

If I was in my 60s in Vic or NSW I would be getting whatever I could lay my hands on - muy pronto.

If I were in my 60’s in NSW I’d be hiding in a bunker.
Old 12-09-2021, 22:19   #764

Boat: Retired from CF

Well who is to benefit from all this virus stuff? China , i dont think so , Rupert who knows. May be we will only see when they switch on the microchips that we all by then have willingly taken in a year or two.

I love all these stories , keeps me entertained in sunny beautiful northern QLD.
Old 12-09-2021, 22:46   #765
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
No.. You blame it on us..

In this case it’s true.

And seriously there’s a lot to blame

Anyways back to regular antipodean schedules

Tags
Australia