Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2021, 17:17   #856

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I see no knee on a neck -

Behave like a ratbag - get treated like a ratbag.
You are not just stupid but blind as well. go to 1:53 on thye clip.
Old 18-09-2021, 17:24   #857
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Find something serious to outraged over - really. Knee on head - knee slipped off maybe 1 second later. Clearly the guy had done something to merit attention and wasn't willing to discuss whatever it was in a dignified manner.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-09-2021, 17:33   #858

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:

Dingo, one question, who you going to call when something goes pear shape, ghostbusters? We live in a society and that society relies on a format for is existance, those that can't work that out get what they get.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 18-09-2021, 18:15   #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Dingo, one question, who you going to call when something goes pear shape, ghostbusters? We live in a society and that society relies on a format for is existance, those that can't work that out get what they get.
Uncle Bob , i totally agree with you , a good society needs some rules so that in fact every individual can experience the maximum of personal Freedom.

That said it does not mean that we allow those rules to be misused by either side and currently especially in Victoria we see a very very heavy handed approch from the Gov and the law enforcement side. You need to be careful , it is all of us that have agreed to have rules and we agreed and pay for our police to make sure we can all life side bvy side but as it has shown in so many countries , power can easiuly get to gov minds and once the tax payer funded law enforcement side swings to the dark side it is every citizens public duty to rise up against that.

Silent acceptance has lead to great harm and has cost millions of inbnocent life's so let have a look and see if our police still is on the right path.

Pls. also keep in mind that Victoria police in particular has a very shaded history so if i would say they need to be particular mindful that any action is very much within the lax and squeaky clean so a knee on the neck or on the head even for 1 second should not be the case anymore. 1 sec or was it 90 seconds , can be the wrong action.
Old 18-09-2021, 18:18   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Find something serious to outraged over - really. Knee on head - knee slipped off maybe 1 second later. Clearly the guy had done something to merit attention and wasn't willing to discuss whatever it was in a dignified manner.
1 sec is one second to many. Do you really want to have the protests again and again? I dont.

a police officer can and must learn too. If he cant , well retire him.
Old 18-09-2021, 18:25   #861

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post

Whoever designed Queensland for cruising did a great job. There are plenty of anchorages allowing day sailing: about 50 nm is the longest day sail with lit entries to the anchorages at both ends, a nice long protective reef to keep out the Pacific Ocean swells and cities spread fairly evenly if you need goods or services. In addition lots of islands to keep the vistas interesting and plenty of mountains on the mainland to nicely frame the whole thing.

Except south of Bundaberg. We left Mooloolaba a few days ago on the last of the recent SE. Unfortunately the wave rider bouy on the Wide Bay Bar was showing 3.5m swells - well above the recommended <2m. So we sailed outside Fraser Island, around the Breaksea Spit, and back down into Hervey Bay - that was 160 miles and an overnight sail. Absolutely beautiful night though, with a near full moon and only 8-12 knots of close reaching breeze, with occasional nearby whale breaches and a few playful dolphin pods.

It’s our first time on this coast (albeit I raced up and down the east coast in the early 90s, but all I remember of the various ports were the rum and coke pitchers. And we certainly didn’t stop at any of the beautiful places we sailed past) and it is lovely.
Old 18-09-2021, 18:54   #862
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
1 sec is one second to many. Do you really want to have the protests again and again? I dont.

Remind me of the proper way of dealing with someone is apparently violently resisting arrest (a crime of itself).
Shoot 'em, tazer 'em, wrestle 'em or give 'em nice cup of tea and a biscuit. From the video clip I reckon they got the response about right.

I ain't no supporter of police violence but those guys have a job to do and if the good citizenry of Vic resort to violent criminal behaviour should the wallopers sit on their own hands and look the other way. They are paid to uphold the law and we shouldn't winge if they do what they are getting paid for.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-09-2021, 19:00   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Remind me of the proper way of dealing with someone is apparently violently resisting arrest (a crime of itself).
Shoot 'em, tazer 'em, wrestle 'em or give 'em nice cup of tea and a biscuit. From the video clip I reckon they got the response about right.

I ain't no supporter of police violence but those guys have a job to do and if the good citizenry of Vic resort to violent criminal behaviour should the wallopers sit on their own hands and look the other way. They are paid to uphold the law and we shouldn't winge if they do what they are getting paid for.
Let the courts decide what is a reasonable response. In the USA the court decided that it was not a reasonable response. Why do you want a situation to repeat? Just so that Australia is then on the news? Our courts would find that officer guilty in a second if the guy would have died. Is there a need for it? Do you want to take the knee every day?
Old 18-09-2021, 19:29   #864

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Let the courts decide what is a reasonable response. In the USA the court decided that it was not a reasonable response. Why do you want a situation to repeat? Just so that Australia is then on the news? Our courts would find that officer guilty in a second if the guy would have died. Is there a need for it? Do you want to take the knee every day?
Rubbish.

That man was not demonstrating, he was not protesting - he was rioting. You start knocking over cops and trampling them you are rioting.

He was treated as he deserved to be treated.

If I was you I would be more concerned about the rozzer kneeing him repeatedly in the nads.

Does anyone know what the Nimbin Nitwits were protesting about in Byron Bay?
Old 18-09-2021, 19:48   #865

Quote:
Rubbish.

That man was not demonstrating, he was not protesting - he was rioting. You start knocking over cops and trampling them you are rioting.

He was treated as he deserved to be treated.

If I was you I would be more concerned about the rozzer kneeing him repeatedly in the nads.

Does anyone know what the Nimbin Nitwits were protesting about in Byron Bay?
Man you are classic , i think you are just here to entertain people. Rioting????

You say you want to be back in Argentina? I think i need to find you a way to get there. You obviously have not the faintest clue about Argentina's history. One of the worlds worst human rights abusers. I have really no idea what keeps you here in Australia. Move on man , move on.
Old 18-09-2021, 19:54   #866

Quote:
Man you are classic , i think you are just here to entertain people. Rioting????

You say you want to be back in Argentina? I think i need to find you a way to get there. You obviously have not the faintest clue about Argentina's history. One of the worlds worst human rights abusers. I have really no idea what keeps you here in Australia. Move on man , move on.
Be a good chap and show me where I have ever said that I want to be in Argentina.
Old 18-09-2021, 19:59   #867

Quote:
Be a good chap and show me where I have ever said that I want to be in Argentina.
I read that your heart is in Patagonia.
Old 18-09-2021, 20:05   #868

Quote:
I read that your heart is in Patagonia.
You're new around here aren't you.

Chilean Patagonia - nobody in their right mind would want to be in the bit east of the Andes that Argentina stole. I've traveled through that area - its truly horrid..

Took the bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt - an interesting trip but not something any sane person would want to repeat.
Old 18-09-2021, 20:17   #869

Quote:
You're new around here aren't you.

Chilean Patagonia - nobody in their right mind would want to be in the bit east of the Andes that Argentina stole. I've traveled through that area - its truly horrid..

Took the bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt - an interesting trip but not something any sane person would want to repeat.
Chile, ok but still questionable , Pinochet was not what we would call a very democratic leader and i think you will still find many people there have not so fond memories of that time.
A country can develop and may be Chile is on that way.

I think we are hijacking this forum for a person discussion but i am sitting in a Marina waiting so i have time.

I do have a question for you.

If you are so fond of Chile and you have a boat in that region , what made you decide to pack your bags and run back to Australia?

I always find it difficult to talk to people that tell me it is all so much better elsewhere but then they come running to muma OZ when the **** hit the fan.

Just so that you dont wonder and waste your time , i am NOT an Australian citizen , i live here by choice but i hold a different passport. My Passport country also advised me to come runni9ng home when the little virus came out but i made the decission not to.

By the way i believe that Chile as a country is intriging and in parts very beautiful.
Old 18-09-2021, 20:25   #870

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:

Re the above and several of your following posts, dingo:

Have you considered the difference between 1 second whilst trying to subdue a violently resisting man in the midst of a hostile and active crowd and nine minutes of kneeling on the neck of a subdued, cuffed and passive man, surrounded by non-participating neighborhood folks?

I see a substantial difference, as would most thoughtful folks. These cops were doing their job pretty well IMO, unlike those in the BLM situation.

Jim

Tags
Australia